It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time to listen to Ron Paul?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Time to listen to Ron Paul?

emac.blogs.foxbusiness.com

Time to listen to Texas Congressman Ron Paul, the lone voice of reason in Congress today who’s got to feel like he’s shouting into a field of cotton with his repeated warnings about the dangers of a collapsing dollar, while the administration goes AWOL on the problem.

The dollar just hit a record intraday low against the euro on reports that consumer confidence levels have dropped to levels not seen since the post-Watergate era. It is down 7% year to date against the Chinese renminbi, it’s weaker than the Japanese yen and the Canadian loonie.

The joke is the greenback is now only stronger than the Mexican pesos and the Zimbabwe dollar, an overstatement for dramatic effect, to be sure.But since hitting a peak in 2002, the dollar has lost about a quarter of its value against a trade weighted basket of currencies.

A weak dollar acts as an anvil around the neck of the US economy and consumers. Rising inflation is essentially a tax on consumers, so are rising energy prices, and that double whammy threatens to undermine the purchasing power of the rebate checks due out in May–backed by printing even more dollars.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Not a big Ron Paul fan, but just want everyone to know this a FOX NEW STORY!!!!

See, even us republicans sometimes have a nice word for Ron Paul

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Unfortunately, the cess-pool MSM did their part effectively in disuading the masses away from him. Ignore him altogether, or have the 'giggle-factor' whenever they talked about him, portraying him as some kind of weirdo for going against the corporate scum they all bow down to. Our electoral system is the biggest sham upon the people EVER.

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by traderonwallst

Not a big Ron Paul fan, but just want everyone to know this a FOX NEW STORY!!!!

See, even us republicans sometimes have a nice word for Ron Paul

Oh, you mean the ONLY REPUBLICAN CANDIDATE who ran on ACTUAL Republican viewpoints?

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
it's disgusting how there are non ron-paul supporters
it's almost like being suicidal

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
if it were thomas jefferson running today, the media would treat him the same exact way as they did Ron Paul. And while he might have been a little more direct and emphatic speaking up against the central bankers with more passion, he would not IMO be getting many more votes than RP has because the majority of citizens get their political news watching the financial services owned CNBC, Fox news, MSNBC etc.

Think about it. The central bankers and those that profit from their policy's (WAll Street executives) see anyone like RP as a gigantic threat to their profits. Wall street owns the financial media. The financial sector of the economy has indebted the other sectors and exported the industry's overseas. The central bank undermines the soverignty of nations by using their leverage (they create monetry policy which determines the direction the nation goes) to marginalize the integrity of congress and treasury department. They also make industry's dependant on growing debt which is impossible to sustain. The central bank has been abolished twice already and we should go for the "hat trick".

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
No "warm and fuzzy" issues to talk about, just reality

He doesn't speak to the masses as if they were children, so they don't pay attention.

He's not a "hunk", nor is he backed by a giant politicorporate machine.

All he has is "sound advice"..and apparently, that's too boring.

Don't blame me, I voted for Ron Paul

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
It's too bad that Ron Paul will probably pass on the upcoming chance for him to say "I TOLD YOU SO!" to all the people who have ignored his warnings.

Those people will soon deserve to hear it.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
You know, everyone can still write his name in come election day. Is it so insane to think that if we keep spreading the news about his common sense approach to things that people won't listen?

Should we merely let them decide the candidates for us?

Or do candidates not on the ballot get thrown out?

*Imagines an election day where the MSM are confused at the number of write in's that all say Ron Paul*

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by traderonwallst

Why is this surprising to be on a Fox News BLOG?

Anyways..

But since hitting a peak in 2002, the dollar has lost about a quarter of its value against a trade weighted basket of currencies.

Correct me if I am wrong, but is that not essentially 25% + inflation?

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheColdDragon
You know, everyone can still write his name in come election day.

And that, my good sir, is exactly what I intend to do.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Trader - I thought you were on record here at ATS as saying everything with the economy is A - O.K.?

I'm just saying is all...

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by traderonwallst

Why is this surprising to be on a Fox News BLOG?

Anyways..

But since hitting a peak in 2002, the dollar has lost about a quarter of its value against a trade weighted basket of currencies.

Correct me if I am wrong, but is that not essentially 25% + inflation?

yes sir.
but according to the government numbers the inflation rate is just fine.

and what is their solution to rising inflation?... printing more money, 100 billion here 200 billion there. good call guys, thats like solving your drinking problems by switching from beer to tequila.

but what do they care, their retirement plans are inflation indexed.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Ron Paul is dead right about abolishing the Fed and re-establishing the U.S. dollar as a precious metals backed currency with the U.S. Congress fulfilling its Constitutional obligation to mint and print the money instead of handing it off illegally to the Treasury and the Fed.

Bizarre that as a Canadian I can see this plain as day.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I'm even willing to listen to a Libertarian given my other options. He makes a lot of sense.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Because you haven't been subjected to the brainwashing that most of us Americans have been.

I'm 24, and I never knew until about a year ago that the Federal Reserve was a private institution. I thought it was a branch of the government.

Most people I know still think that. They just don't teach us that in our twisted propaganda polluted schools. They tell us that we have rights here which can't possibly be infringed upon because of "checks and balances" and whatnot.

I'm literally out of hope for my country. Instead, these days I find myself hoping that there will literally be a complete revolution. I hope that whatever new country emerges from that is the country that the USA is supposed to be right now.

Somehow, I doubt it.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Well perhaps it's not time for Ron Paul. As much as people complain here and everywhere else I think it would serve you and everyone best to truly take stock in what you truly believe in.... perhaps Ron Pauls campaign wasn't to win the presidency but to enlighten and inspire others to some day become future leaders with similar ideas with similar convictions.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
It would be incredible if everyone supporting Ron Paul would run for whatever office they are eligible for, the very next chance they got.

It probably won't happen though, and even if it did they probably wouldn't win. Where would the money come from? They've all given so much already. They couldn't really donate to each others' campaigns without just detracting from their own funding to do so.

I'd be more than willing, if I thought for a second I'd have the support. I doubt I'm much of a politician though. I'm more of a speak-my-mind-and-to-hell-with-political-correctness type.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
Trader - I thought you were on record here at ATS as saying everything with the economy is A - O.K.?

I'm just saying is all...

I never said it was A OK. What I said is that its time to start investing in the US again, as things are on there way to being A OK. I stand by all my positions i took in the recent post you are referring too. I am still the US$,as I feel I bought the bottom. And I am still long every stock I purchased the day Bear filed, I mean was bailed out. But, as a former wall street trader, I am now properly hedged to lock in those gains I got, at least on the financial stocks. Not hedged on the dividend plays and the safe balance sheet plays.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by mattifikation
Because you haven't been subjected to the brainwashing that most of us Americans have been.

I'm 24, and I never knew until about a year ago that the Federal Reserve was a private institution. I thought it was a branch of the government.

Most people I know still think that. They just don't teach us that in our twisted propaganda polluted schools. They tell us that we have rights here which can't possibly be infringed upon because of "checks and balances" and whatnot.

I'm literally out of hope for my country. Instead, these days I find myself hoping that there will literally be a complete revolution. I hope that whatever new country emerges from that is the country that the USA is supposed to be right now.

Somehow, I doubt it.

If your that fed up about our country....do something or MOVE SOMEWHERE ELSE.

I am quite satisfied living in the greatest nation on earth.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join