It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Desensitizing American Youth Via Video Games, Going To Corporate Armies Bypassing Government

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Privatization of armies through different means and then desensitizing the populace into accepting the inevitable through the use of subtle marketing.

Okay, this is a description of a video game called "Army of Two" and it is directly out of the games video game manual.

Description of "Army of Two" (Playing the Game) Rogue private military corporations have enflmaed hot spots around the globe. Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq, , a battle crippled aircraft carrier, China, and Miami are all under siege. Only Rios and Salem, two war-hardened mercenaries, are capable of quelling the violence and corruption afflicting these vulnerable war zones. It will take their army, an Army of Two, to halt the corporations violent power-grab and restor peace.

Fight alongside your teammate to become the dealiest two-man military outfit a government can buy. Breakthrough gameplay, with a live or adaptive AI partner, enables you to take advantage of two-man strategies like customizable weapons, vehicles, and tactical shooting. If you're going to survive, you'll have to bring down a vast conspiracy in which the line between "good guys" and "bad guys" has been obliterated.

In conjunction with Blackwater being a mercenary army, and now being a "franchiseque" type organization, since they now have to have a FBI Agent on board all their missions, plus video cameras. What do you think about the Blackwater "scandal" as being a set-up in order to "place" FBI Agents with them, in order to get a "franchise" out of it, in a sense? If an FBI Agent has to ride with BW, in order to make sure no more shenanigans happen,..they are in essence,...now under jurisdiction and control of the FBI.

A private military organization, under control of the FBI, that can bypass are legal rules, policies, protocols of war. It is not now under US Army or Pentagon control, via the Justice Department. They are bypassing FEMA, through privatization, bypassing Pentagon, bypassing Army control routines.

Eventually, the FBI, will have control through policies and protocols being set in place, or at the least it will have a decision in their "tasking." Under a "watchdog" as a leash, or control mechanism. It is a theory, not proof, and only speaking through personal knowledge of how the government works, and their direction in trying to bypass all legal control systems of checks and balances.

Do you see where this could go? If they privatize all armies, they are then not answerable directly to the American people anymore, because they are not then "government controlled." An example of this, is that H.A.A.R.P. used to be government run and sponsored, but they turned it into a privatized organization.

Feel free of course to add anything relevant to this post if you want. The main body of this is of course speculation and knowledge based on all the newspaper articles/online stories and I didn't save the links. Anyone who can add links to this it would be greatly appreciated.

[edit on 11-3-2008 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

[edit on 11-3-2008 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
What I am really disturbed about is the use by the Pentagon of games to recruit the youth. The youth only get the propagandistic version of the facts from the video games, meanwhile probably playing the games instead of doing their civics homework or getting ready for college. And when they don't get into college guess who's waiting for them with open arms?

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
This of course works with any of the most recent video games out there. Mercenaries, Mercenaries 2, Halo 1, 2, 3, you name the game, and it fits the mold.

I talked about this a bit before here in this link :

Hugo Chavez - CIA Guiding Game Makers

The original news story is gone because of the timeframe, but here's a quote from someone else who had posted in that thread.

Originally posted by Toadmund

Pandemic describes "Mercenaries 2" as "an explosive open-world action game" in which "a power-hungry tyrant messes with Venezuela's oil supply, sparking an invasion that turns the country into a war zone." The company says players take on the role of well-armed mercenaries.

At first I thought the power hungry tyrant was the US, but they intend to mean Hugo.
It's propagandistic slander if they portray Chavez as a tyrant.
Ask the Venezuelan people if they think he is a tyrant.
We all know who the tyrant is, and the tyrant is a master of thought manipulation.

The age range these games are targeted to is the perfect age to market brand loyalty to, like beer, blue jeans, even one's point of view on world issues. Seeing how some people think on these boards, propaganda works, and works real good and I think Hugo Chavez is right to suspect he's a victim of negative thought perception.

George Bush = good , Hugo Chavez = bad

It's all about who one percieves one to be, in America you are taught that you are good and virtuous, by default that makes those who drum a different beat, bad folks. Especially if your prez sez so.
Video games are a big market and IMO politics and propaganda to impressionable young minds is mental manipulation and thought perception management and I think Hugo has a right to be concerned.
What if a game made good ole' USA look bad, what then?

Just keep a lookout for propaganda shrink wrapped as entertainment and realise it's someones opinion made fun to program thinking with.

I saw this coming with video games, I saw it coming

Hugo for all we know could be the second coming of the Christ, it's possible, think about it. (not that I am religious and stuff, but...)
Learn more about Hugo Chavez folks, he could be the catalyst that brings the world out of indentured servitude to the corporations.

Here's a different quote from that thread that I found.

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas

CARACAS, Venezuela (AP) - A U.S. company's video game simulating an invasion of Venezuela is supposed to hit the shelves next year, but it's already raising the ire of lawmakers loyal to President Hugo Chavez.

Chavez supporters in Venezuela's National Assembly suspect the makers of "Mercenaries 2: World in Flames" are doing Washington's bidding by drumming up support among Americans for an eventual move to overthrow Chavez.

One must remember, that just because one man seems to sound crazy, does not mean he necessarily is crazy.

"I think the U.S. government knows how to prepare campaigns of psychological terror so they can make things happen later," Congressman Ismael Garcia said, citing the video game developed by Los Angeles-based Pandemic Studios.

Pandemic describes "Mercenaries 2" as "an explosive open-world action game" in which "a power-hungry tyrant messes with Venezuela's oil supply, sparking an invasion that turns the country into a war zone." The company says players take on the role of well-armed mercenaries.

CIA is setting up Chavez as a Sadddam Hussein

mod edit to use external quote code, please review this link

[edit on 25-5-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
With every new advancement, (if you can call video games an advancement), comes a new set of ironies or unexpected circumstances.
I for one think video games are useless and are a waste of time BUT I also know the next war will be fought using a joystick, (whether knowingly or unknowingly), so hats off to the inhaler friendly-chubby little game-a-holics that have no social life.

Whatever you do, don't bomb my house.

[edit on 11-3-2008 by Alxandro]

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
With every new advancement, (if you can call video games an advancement), comes a new set of ironies or unexpected circumstances.
I for one think video games are useless and are a waste of time BUT I also know the next war will be fought using a joystick, (whether knowingly or unknowingly), so hats off to the inhaler friendly-chubby little game-a-holics that have no social life.

Whatever you do, don't bomb my house.

[edit on 11-3-2008 by Alxandro]

You of course have the theory right there in your statement. Using extremely finessed marketing/targeting if the "fat and chubby" kid plays the video games they are of course to be used as "cannon fodder" as the grunts via warfare.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
"Our levels, story… everything we do comes back to that nature of 'this is what a Privatised Military is, and this is why it’s wrong and what can happen'. To show you some examples of this as you go through the story, later on our guys actually become patsies for the desires of the head of a corporation. The two characters work for the Security and Strategy Corporation, which is an emulation of real world contractors who do different things for various clients. And these guys can be pretty rough, you know one minute they can say, “Hey, we need you to protect this guy’s wife, she’s a real high-up political person”, and then a week later: “We need you to kill her” – basically because another client has paid more money to take her out instead.

We play with that in the story line, and we try and hit on the moral issues that the two main characters have to deal with as they go through their day just to earn a dollar, and how that can screw them over in the end."

Thats the leader creative developer of Army of Two, Chris Ferriera, talking about the political message of Army of Two, namely the warnings of the dangers in both the morality and the political implications of allowing private military contractors. The entire game was based on the premise as a political statement vehemently opposing PMCs.

I suggest you redo or perhaps actually do some research on the subject, maybe even crack open the game and play it, before you stop screaming conspiracy and citing games which you have apparently no clue about.

And I thought Hillary Clinton was bad.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Nah, I would say moreso tank drivers. Nevertheless, many of the gamers these days are in fact physically fit, in sharp contrast to the old stereotypes.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by WolfofWar

All I can do is hold My sides tight to keep from laughing too hard about your comment about the Hillary Clinton comment. Very good post, and I thank you for your input and thoughts, whether we see eye to eye or not.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Well, I think there is always the case that even if a game criticizes something tongue-in-cheek, such implicit criticism may be lost on young people, who may see praise where there is none.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Essentially said they want you to give in. Just sign up for their "corporate army" or you will later be conscripted into the regular army. Here's an interesting post I made about propraganda and it's usage through marketing.

A "Cingular Nation" or "Singular Nation"

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I posted on this link on a different area under the "Dave Rabbit" thread. Is all of this a major "False Flag Operation" between "opposing forces?"

"False Flag Operations With Covert Tendencies?"

This would of course fit in with a lot of other threads here on ATS.

[edit on 12-3-2008 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Its interesting that you bring up the point about games and military, I was watching tv the other day and an advert came on for the army (i'm in the uk) and they showed an xbox 360 controler as a control for some sort of reconnaissance plane thingy I don't know too much about that sort of stuff. I just found it interesting that they are obviously trying to suggest to some people that the gap bewteen games and real life isn't all that big.

[edit on 12-3-2008 by almeister 5000]

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   
what the heck is up with privatization... and why on earth does it give ANY one a free pass and loop holes through our government? ....not that our government is righteous and has good laws, though.....

errr... actually I guess privatizing is a good thing : P

[edit on 12-3-2008 by WishI]

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Their aren't that many things that make me mad. But I would like to say I play video games and I get really good grades and I have an excellent social life. I think the problem is not the kids or the people that play the video games I think it is the ignorant people who have nothing better to do and do not have a social life instead they bash video games. That is very ignorant. As a matter of fact I joined the Air Force to be a fighter jet pilot it has always been my dream its not that video games made me do it. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Being ignorant sucks.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
To quickly point out - this smells like a a real theory based on... a movie..

Anyone seen 'The Last StarFighter'? Some kid plays an arcade game, clocks it, and the creator comes looking for him. Later to realise, the game is for training to 'battle' out in space using exact controls of the game, same enemies and allies.

Now to mention it - this could have been a 'start' of a planned structure of this sort of thing.

Wonder when a popular Multi-Player Role Playing Game (World of warcraft type), will be invented, only to find out a few years later, that a special 'invite' edition (for the best players) is made, under the guise of real training, accuracy, thinking under pressure, strategies.

I wouldn't be surprised that the future war strategists, were yesterdays RPG players!

I also recall a SeaWQuest DSV episode where these huge robots were battling it out over some city, no one around, later to find there were two kids on opposite sides of the globe were the only ones left. They were playing an online game, and were trying to 'destroy' each other - not realising they were controlling real robots and destroying real places and people!

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Nice find.... and that is a fun game, it's about time they made a game that is intended for co-op(an often overlooked game type).

Ok...

America's Army was a big commercial and I am sure many others were as well. After I beat Mass Effect I tried to find the website to enlist in the Systems Alliance but who knows. I do not know if they are trying to desensitize us to corporate paramilitary groups, but one thing is for certain. What ever the goals of our slavers are, they will be integrated in our schools, media, video games, and all facets of our daily routine (even cars.... OnStar). They hope that we would be so focused on the Big Picture that we would not notice the little things they do to condition us.

International Corporations are the closest thing they have to international governments, and they will utilize them until they do not need them anymore. Note: I say 'they' as a general abstraction for the NWO/Illuminati/Bilderberger's/'the man'/Elites. Corporate military can go in almost any country and travel the world more or less without an international incident.

new topics

top topics

join