It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fire in the sky - I just saw a UFO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I live in Halesowen, near Birmingham, England. I have been to a friend's house tonight and while driving home I saw a UFO. It was approx 21.30 GMT and while travelling down a kind of country back road I looked up in the sky and saw a large ball of fire. I was going south ( roughly ) and I'm pretty sure I was looking roughly due east. The "UFO" was slightly smaller than the sun normally looks and was very bright, but the surrounding sky was dark ( I would've expected the surrounding sky to be bright ). I am colour blind and sometimes mistake certain colours, but I believe the object was orange/yellow. The edge of the "UFO" was slightly fuzzy.
The road I was travelling on has many extreme turns, is dark, and dips every now and then, so at certain points I lost sight of the "UFO". I desperately wanted to stop and take a photo with my phone, but it is just too unsafe on that particular road at this time of night ( 70mph speed limit most of the way despite the hair pins ). I decided to continue along the road and stop at the end ( a t-junction at the top of a hill ) where there is a small car park. It took me about 2 minutes to get to the end and I saw the "UFO" sporadically for the next 2 minutes ( whenever my view wasn't obstructed ). Imagine my horror when I got to the top of the hill, looked to the east, and saw the familiar blinks of a commercial aeroplane in roughly the same place I expected the UFO to be. I KNOW this is NOT WHAT I SAW. What I saw was much larger and very bright. This wasn't a trick of light, or reflection, or anything like that.

I am telling you this because I need your help.

Does anyone know of any satellites/meteors that this could have been ?
Does anyone who lives in this area see anything ? The M5/42 motorways are close. I believe it must have been visible to people travelling on these sections of motorway.
Have you heard any reports of UFOS for this area/time ?

I don't post very often, never have, but I have to get confirmation on this. I will be checking as many local papers as possible to see if there are any reports. I will keep you as updated as I can. Please, if you hear of any reports for this area/time let me know.
Thankyou

[edit on 4-3-2008 by RedEyes]

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I get similar views of incoming airliners here. When they are 40-50 miles out, their directional light seems to make them glow extremely bright. They'll be like that for 4-5 minutes then as they veer away a bit, the light dims and you start seeing regular airliner lights. Most airlines approaching an airport will take the same track - if you want to revisit the spot again, then wait out some incoming planes and see if on a clear night you can get a repeat performance.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
You know, I am quite curious about these European lights. I too saw some lights while stationed in Germany. There were 2 fuzzy balls of light hovering over a football (American:soccer) field behind my house. Since then, I have heard of many, many people seeing quite similar / identical objects.

One day I'll try to investigate it more.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by bonaire

Hi Bonaire, thanks for the reply. I did specifically state in the OP that it was nothing like what you mention. I have been down that road more times than I can count, it is very near my house and I’ve lived here for 20+ years. We get a lot of air traffic here and I have seen aeroplanes in many varied conditions. It was not an aeroplane. I only mentioned the aeroplane because that’s what happened. I can only think that the aeroplane was above and behind the “UFO” so I couldn’t see it while the UFO was there. Hopefully someone on that plane saw what I did. I just want to know if a) there were any known satellites/meteors in that area of the sky at that time ( although I don’t believe it was this ) and b) has anyone heard/seen a similar sighting for this area/time ? ( this question may have to be answered in a day or two as I only saw the object a few hours ago )

reply to AnnunakiX

Hi AnnunakiX, thanks for the reply. I am quite curious too. Did the lights you see sound similar in size/colour to what I mentioned ? I really hope someone reports seeing the same object I did, there is no way that I was the only one.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by RedEyes

Hi AnnunakiX, thanks for the reply. I am quite curious too. Did the lights you see sound similar in size/colour to what I mentioned ? I really hope someone reports seeing the same object I did, there is no way that I was the only one.

I'll give you a little better than that. I wrote this for another site once...here it is:

---

On November 17, 1997 I was standing on the second floor balcony of my apartment enjoying the clear night air. I am an American airman and was stationed at Ramstein, AB on that date. Around 9 or 10pm or so that evening I noticed 2 points of light with a fuzzy, off-white to yellowish glow on the soccer field directly ahead. They were approximately 1 foot in diameter and were moving slowly in a seeming random pattern. I immediately thought 2 people were searching for something with flashlights. I concentrated to see the torchbearers, but there was no one present. It was easy to tell from my high vantage point.

As I watched the lights gracefully "dance", it became more apparent that they were actually above the field. I thought perhaps a vehicle was travelling down a side road who's light might be refracting through some glass bricks. Not very likely as the fuzzy orbs maintained their size, shape and intensity (they were not too bright though, akin to a 40 watt soft lightbulb). Interestingly they began to move around at a much more rapid pace. They appeared to be intermingling with each other. I called for my wife to come and see, but she (of course) did not. She wouldn't even bring my camera. I decided to go down to the field and get a closer look, but before I could, the two "orbs" pulled closely together and quickly floated under a small bridge. The bridge leads to the "sportsplatz" and is over a small creek. That was the last I saw of them. Unfortunately, I found no physical traces of these things when I arrived on the field.

As a matter of fact, if you go to maps.google.com... and enter the following coordinates, you can see the balcony I stood on and the field that I watched the "orbs" move around.

Coordinates:
49.549765, 7.853658

[edit on 4-3-2008 by AnnunakiX]

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by AnnunakiX

Thanks for taking the time to put that up. Very interesting. It sounds quite simliar to what I saw although there are some differences. I just saw a new thread on here about a fireball in Switzerland on 01-03-08, which is 3 days before I saw the fireball here. Sorry, I don't know how to link to that thread
thanks again for your info

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by RedEyes

Hi RedEyes,

I just came across your page and thought I would let you know that my friend also witnessed this event.
Your descriptions sounds pretty much the same as hers and you will be relieved to know that we are also in the midlands area but she claims to have seen it twice; once and then again a few days later.
Have you only had the one sighting?
She was also driving at the time so was unable to get any pictures but at least that confirms you as not the only one to have seen it. She also swore that it looked like no plane she had ever seen and was more like some sort of fireball moving across the sky.
When I see or speak to her next I will talk to her more about it and she what other details she can give but from the sounds of it she witnessed it around the same time as you.

Hope that eases you mind somewhat and will check back with you and share with you any other details she may have i.e. direction of travel etc

Peace.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by WeAreOne

Hi WeAreOne,

Thanks a lot for your reply, I was positive someone else must have seen this. To answer your question, yes, unfortunately I only saw the object once for about 1-2 minutes in total. From my vantage point the fireball didn’t seem to be moving at all. I look forward to hearing more about what your friend saw. Whereabouts was she when she had the sighting?
From what I saw I am quite positive that there isn’t a conventional answer which is why I’m desperate to find out if anyone else saw anything, so thanks again for the info.

Hopefully speak to you soon

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
RedEyes,

Your sighting was too long to be a fireball/meteor. Could have been re-entering space-junk perhaps... did it throw off any sparks, or leave a train?
Which direction did it travel? What was the elevation? Did it move in a straight line?

If you search for previous posts from me, you'll find plenty of good info on simillar type sightings.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by C.H.U.D.

Hi C.H.U.D.

Sorry about the late reply I’ve been very busy the last few days. In answer to your question there was no trail, the object didn’t move while I observed it. I would guess that it’s elevation was about 30 ( can’t find symbol ) degrees. I will be checking your previous posts asap.

I have checked a few local papers, no similar sightings. Hopefully WeAreOne will come back here with his friends’ description.

Thanks again

new topics

top topics

join