It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting in Florida

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
What are the odds on that?
The fact is looneys will get guns. Criminals will get guns. Nukes aren't going away.
They are now prolific and entrenched in society. So why not arm the good guys so they can protect themselves and family.
It's a disgusting broken record, but that is where we are at.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

There is no way not to include it in the view. It is almost directly over the building, certainly on the property.

I like the phrase 'deliberate coincidences'.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

I really don’t believe in coincidences. So deliberate might be right.

Maybe the shooter choose the location because of the sign.

If so could it be possible he was controlled in some way or what was the statement that he was trying to make would be my next questions.

Raist

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I find it odd that there are more and more people 'losing' it and going out into a public place to kill a bunch of innocent people and then end your own life. Things like this just didn't happen when I was growing up. There is a bottom line to why it is happening now. I'm sure the medication (Prozac, all anti-depressants...) is the main reason. I hear reports now about it being discovered just recently that anti-depressants aren't healthy etc... Of course there was someone who has always known this. Just like all the other 'medical' things they have banned NOW, but after millions of people have used them. Have you noticed all the things that are supposedly bad for you now? Aspartame, fluoride, Prozac, hormonal medication, lipitor.... There are more people who are bi-polar,( was it in the water in the 80's or what?). It all seems like now a days people are going 'nutty' and there has to be a reason. I read about gov't. mind control, experiments on humans, people saying they hear voices in their heads. And what a good time for people to go out and commit horrible GUN crimes when we are at a close race on whether or not we can bear them. There will always be a large quantity of people who will never get the bottom line about how important it is to HAVE and KEEP your guns! You WILL need them in the future. The constitution IS the way things should be and stay. I just find it odd that these people "snap" like they do without someone behind it all.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

No guns = no shootings = no deaths

some guns = some shootings = some deaths

GUNS ARE FOR COWARDS

SHEESH!

no guns = only criminals have guns

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Therepeutic Drugs and a society of violence = Killing Sprees.

We have a society in the US where on Prime time TV we have shows that glorify the molestations, murder, and exploitation of the weakest and most defenselsee amongst us but we will flip crap over an exposed female breast.

Guns are not the issue, our society is sick and getting sicker. Until we look in the mirror and see what the problem is this is what will happen. People are quick to blame guns but not the society that twisted these people into the sub-humans they become. And nothing will change until we all collectively turn off CSI and CSI-Miami, stop going to watch violence in th emovies, and stop entertaining ourselves with murder and rapine. As long as someone is making money off of our depravity we will continue to be inundated in it.

I carry concealed in Florida. I wish I had been in that Wendy's. May have been a different story. Or maybe not.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Too many guns out there to ban them. There are tens of millions of guns in the US. Plus many millions more like me that wont give them up even if you could ban them. Wont happen. So the only other choice we have that makes any sense is to issue more CHLs.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   

*prepares self for the predictable anti-gun vs pro-gun arguement*

I'll start:

'If this shooter DIDN'T have a gun, then those people would NOT be dead.'

I'll also give myself a counter-arguement just so I'm not rattling too many cages...

'If they were allowed to carry concealed guns, then there would be LESS people dead'

Hmm?

No guns = no shootings = no deaths

some guns = some shootings = some deaths

and for those who think that a killer would kill with or without a gun, then lets hypothesise a situation.... A killer with a knife/club/broken bottle/sword can be easily disarmed... therefore the likelihood of multiple deaths is drastically reduced.

GUNS ARE FOR COWARDS

[edit on 3-3-2008 by mr-lizard]

The above has no logic. Since guns are what kills people and apparently knives don't this story should never have happened: (from the alt.news section of this website)

"A MAN beheaded his 15-month-old nephew in front of his mother in a supermarket in Saudi Arabia apparently after a family dispute, newspapers reported. The 25-year-old Syrian national picked up a knife from the store in the Red Sea city of Jeddah yesterday and decapitated the little boy in full view of shoppers, Arab News said "

Funny how that man killing that boy knows that he is going to be beheaded but yet his knife didn't care and still killed the little boy because of a family dispute.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
So if guns are banned and people start using bombs, would there be any difference?

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Armed resistance to tyranny? Come on!

Do you seriously think the tyrant will be held back by puny peashooters! Oh yes, now you should go get yourself a big one then ....

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   

okay a fair point...

but, from a none-US citizen, it does seem your society is gun crazy.

And when we hear about yet another shooting at a mall, burger bar, school, college...

we really feel sorry for you guys.

You really are caught between the trap of guns vs no guns aren't you.

But i do think you should all stop giving your kids anti-depressants and feeding them up on violent films, games and media and instead find the source of their depression (which is undoubtably a kind a of confusion at the world around them, living in a VERY competetive environment, where the strongest / most sporty are placed on pedestals, whilst being bombarded with subliminal advertising, bunged up on anti-depressants and as I say forced to be competetive).

Please do not ever be offended by my criticisms, they are only mine...

Mr Lizard i am your countryman (though not a northerner
) and your opponent in this debate!

I do not feel safe walking our streets any more. The police cannot protect me and neither can the law. Ive been mugged more times than i would care for and frankly ive had enough.

I wish i lived in a society which allowed victims to hold their own against thuggish criminals! Give me a gun and watch crime drop as those brats from Mosside scamper off shouting "ohh hes got a gun blad, run innit run!"

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Does anyone else find it odd that the dude just walked in wordlessly like the last 3 and started shooting people?

Anyone agree there's something to that?

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Glorious_Ruler

I agree there is something going on. Someone else mentioned that maybe he was "controlled" somehow. That is a very scary scenario, but it seems possible.
I have seen a lot of news articles where witnesses say the shooter seemed detached and unconcerned with the horror he was inflicting. It seems all the horrific shootings of the recent past have had this same M O. Could it be possible that these people are actually being controlled and are oblivious to what they are doing. ?

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I am going to make the best of this tax rebate I will be receiving in May or June and buying a new semi-automatic which I can conceal legally. And use legally if I or someone else is in danger from a deranged or drugged criminal. Now, if I had enough money, I would surely arm myself with a more powerful weapon. Remember that the American patriots of 1776 had state of the arts weapons. And just as my ancestors needed to protect themselves from a King George, I need to protect myself from a current King George, or soon to be Queen Hillary, King Barak or King John. I am getting too old to engage in a knife fight, or club fight or even a rock fight, but I am not too old to engage in a gun battle. My eyes are good and my aim is true. Meanwhile, though, my grandchildren will be actually paying for my new Glock. But just maybe they will have a safer place in which to work and live to pay for that gun that Grandpa bought and ensured their safety.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
This is a tough discussion topic but in reality it's ideal to have a defense in case a nut comes out shooting. If qualified civilians were allowed firearms they're would be more stalemates/shorter crazies on rampages but definitely more shootings overall. There are many pros and cons on either side of the debate. Would it get to a point where everyone was packing and they all wouldn't use the gun because either side was armed or would shootings occur regularly over simple things? That's my parking space.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   

...and for those who think that a killer would kill with or without a gun, then lets hypothesise a situation.... A killer with a knife/club/broken bottle/sword can be easily disarmed... therefore the likelihood of multiple deaths is drastically reduced.

GUNS ARE FOR COWARDS

[edit on 3-3-2008 by mr-lizard]

And do you honestly think that ridding law abiding citizens of their firearms will stop gun violence? How about all those gangs with FULLY auto weapons? No matter if you do take away the right to bear arms, your still not taking into the account of all the millions of illegally smuggled guns that are floating around on the 'black market'.

If someone wants a gun to kill someone, they'll get one. Happens in Europe quite often, and we have NO right to go around with hand guns. But the criminals always seem to have them...

The answer isn't stopping gun ownership rights.

My 02.

Peace,
FK

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Hey some fair points here...

It just saddens me that people will die just at the squeeze of a trigger...

Maybe I don't know enough about America to judge your gun laws and idea's, but it still upsets me when I read about a kid going crazy with a LEGAL gun and killing dozens in a college or mall...

The Uk is no better, our kids are going crazy and acting 'gangsters', strutting around with knives and even guns in Liverpool and manchester.... I mean a young boy wa shot dead in a park barely ten miles away from me....

One of the above posters mentioned something about something in the water, turning everybody crazy.... everybody is bunged up on anti-depressants and exposed to violent and abusive tv, where death and torture is becoming the norm....

How on earth do we change this world?????

Peace everyone.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 06:48 AM
link   
at the risk of sounding off-topic to answer your rhetorical question...

guns are not the cause of this, knives are not the cause.

the cause is poverty, materialism, misdirected anger and lack of community involvement. in a nutshell.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
March, 2, 2008
Police step up patrols at Rave [theatre]
Pensacola Shooting

Overhead, the sheriff's helicopter circled the theater, shining a spotlight down on a near-full parking lot.

There was a shooting last week in my Florida town.

15 year old dead; shot in back.

...one more justification for the all seeing eye in the sky.

the cause is poverty, materialism, misdirected anger and lack of community involvement. in a nutshell.

And of course the solution to all of that is more armed officers on the beat and additional helicopter spotlights on the blocks.

"It's crazy that you have to have that kind of security to go to the movies,'' Peyton Marsh, 27, said as she watched the helicopter fly over the Rave and other nearby businesses.

Sri Oracle

[edit on 4-3-2008 by Sri Oracle]

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Sri Oracle

You're perpetual surveillance wont stop anything. You'll just have crime on tape. What you need is an armed agent of the government assigned to every individual 24 hours a day 365 days a year. Unless this happens the police will still be minutes away even thought somebody is sitting comfortably in a room somewhere watching you get robbed, raped or murdered. Even for fast roping no cops in a helicopter will get to you in time.

Or, more individuals who take their personal security into their own hands and arm and train themselves.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join