It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

does E.T. mean the end of religion ?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TallDutch

thanks again for your post,

you really got me thinking now...lol

I think many UFO's are piloted by Fallen Angels

i was thinking about this and i really have to believe that if God's Angels showed up for real , God / Jesus would be leading them.

i also think that satan knows this... and would masquerade as Jesus with his fallen angels to decieve us.

I mean the 144,000 elect that cannot be deceived.

care to speculate on who could actually meet the criteria to be the elect ?

The 144,000—what a mysterious, unique group of people they are! For centuries, people in and out of God's church have wondered and argued about who they are. However, when we look at what the Bible says about them, their identity becomes clear. The Bible explains itself!

bibletools.org...
Who Are the 144,000?

Our Savior has complete control over all spirit beings. We should, therefore, direct all our requests for our needs to God, not to angels.

cgg.org...
The Ministry of Angels

I believe angels are physical entities, or perhaps they are both spiritual AND physical

i believe you may be right...in the Bible it talks about angels that have physical form.

i have to say that this is a possibility, but it is just one theory about aliens contacting us. we wont know untill it actually happens.

[edit on 4-3-2008 by easynow]

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I don't know about you folks but if the existence of ETs was proven then I would rush to the nearest Academy sporting goods store and buy a Mossberg pistol grip shotgun and a Beretta 9mm plus several boxes of hydra-shoks. If anything the aliens will be hostile like in the game Half-Life 2.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by easynow
reply to post by TallDutch

thanks again for your post,

you really got me thinking now...lol

I think many UFO's are piloted by Fallen Angels

i was thinking about this and i really have to believe that if God's Angels showed up for real , God / Jesus would be leading them.

i also think that satan knows this... and would masquerade as Jesus with his fallen angels to decieve us.

Thats exactly what he's gonna do, he'll try to substitute himself for the real thing.
The word Antichrist can also mean 'in place of'

care to speculate on who could actually meet the criteria to be the elect ?

I have no clue, all I know it probably doesnt include me......LOL
Kinda sad that out of a planet of 6 billion only 144,000 people will be deemed "worthy"

i believe you may be right...in the Bible it talks about angels that have physical form.

i have to say that this is a possibility, but it is just one theory about aliens contacting us. we wont know untill it actually happens.

[edit on 4-3-2008 by easynow]

There may be angels that can shapeshift from spiritual to physical, and vice versa.

But bottom line I cant accept that God would create this massive universe and only populate earth, thats unacceptable to me.
Perhaps angels and aliens are really the same thing in the end.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   
You all have well covered this topic. But I'll through in my two cents.
Angles are of course ETs. They have physical form. Mentioned throughout the Bible. They even had sex with the, "daughters of men". They and even the Lord, can travel in flying saucers. "Ezekiel's wheel". '
Are ETs also from other planets? If they aren't already there. I think they will be someday. Unless God made those planets just for future habitation of the human race. However God seems to like variety, and the metaphor of, "made in the image of God", speaks of having the attributes of God. Not looking exactly like God! "who know man hass seen at any time"
Earth may well be a stage, where the rebellion against the knowledge of God, is unfolding. For the whole Universe to observe what happens and to
learn from. Thusly all the visits, without contact. Makes since to me!

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Howie47
Angles are of course ETs. They have physical form. Mentioned throughout the Bible. They even had sex with the, "daughters of men". They and even the Lord, can travel in flying saucers. "Ezekiel's wheel". '
Are ETs also from other planets? If they aren't already there. I think they will be someday. Unless God made those planets just for future habitation of the human race. However God seems to like variety, and the metaphor of, "made in the image of God", speaks of having the attributes of God. Not looking exactly like God! "who know man hass seen at any time"
Earth may well be a stage, where the rebellion against the knowledge of God, is unfolding. For the whole Universe to observe what happens and to

Good points

Could also be that every planet and its inhabitants has to go through what we're going through, including religion, 2nd coming of Christ....etc

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
IMO God created the "Universe" which can mean many things. He could have created other intelligent life forms on other planets in the vast incomprehensible size of the Universe. It's quite an easy thing for me to wrap my brain around. It means we are part of a universal community, not just a global community of beings. I would imagine that some intelligent life forms are more advanced than we are, and some are less advanced. Kinda like what we see here on Earth.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
ET large-scale contact would spawn even more "religions". A bad thing. The truth is the truth, it doesn't posess multiple hues. Clubs and groups claiming many things would sprout up, even more confusion would arise. So, in my opinion, ET is the gate to mass confusion and folly. The truth is out there and I doubt it will be brought to our doorstep by alien entities.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufo reality
IMO God created the "Universe" which can mean many things. He could have created other intelligent life forms on other planets in the vast incomprehensible size of the Universe. It's quite an easy thing for me to wrap my brain around. It means we are part of a universal community, not just a global community of beings. I would imagine that some intelligent life forms are more advanced than we are, and some are less advanced. Kinda like what we see here on Earth.

Yup

And the more advanced species probably figured out how to overcome space travel and built faster than lightspeed spacecrafts

[edit on 5-3-2008 by TallDutch]

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Don't know if you're still checking in but.... I'm sure that some ETs are the kind we'd rather not have visit and will deceive many. I think you and I might be all right though. I will pray for discernment when the time comes. You do the same.

[edit on 5-3-2008 by MsSmartypants]

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsSmartypants
reply to post by easynow

Don't know if you're still checking in but.... I'm sure that some ETs are the kind we'd rather not have visit and will deceive many. I think you and I might be all right though. I will pray for discernment when the time comes. You do the same.

[edit on 5-3-2008 by MsSmartypants]

Blah.....blah.....blah........blah!!

Whatever, quit it with the paranoid stuff, will ya!!!

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Many people don't realize that whatever fundamental features humans possess, those have all risen through evolution. It means that there are very likely sound, good reasons for having a spiritual aspect of thought and processes. We do not know for certain what the purpose of spiritual thinking (this includes all spiritual philosophies and every religion) is.

Most atheists and agnostics fail to understand that, and only bash, attack and undermine all religions while claiming that there is no reason for such a thing to exist in modern world. Given that birth of useless features on 95% of population (who have a religion or a spiritual philosophy) within evolution cannot possibly be true (this is so when we understand evolution), there are good reasons for religions.

What the reason is, I do not know, but any alien contact propably won't take those reasons away.

Perhaps some day I'll write a good, long article describing this aspect of reality we live in. There's so much to say about this subject (reason for religion)..

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
the andromedan race (alien race) has reported to alex collier

www.exopolitics.uk.org

that they do believe in and "isness" the isness of all things.. which is what they strive to attain. they also talk about beings that live in the 10th,11th and 12th dimention covered in all light.

humans 3rd dimention
andromedans 5th,6th, and sometimes 7th dimention.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
intersting question i do believe et will make contacrt i do not hink that arrival will shake the beliefs of the fundamentalists

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordThumbs
the andromedan race (alien race) has reported to alex collier

www.exopolitics.uk.org

that they do believe in and "isness" the isness of all things.. which is what they strive to attain. they also talk about beings that live in the 10th,11th and 12th dimention covered in all light.

humans 3rd dimention
andromedans 5th,6th, and sometimes 7th dimention.

thanks for your post,

that they do believe in and "isness" the isness of all things.. which is what they strive to attain.

what the heck is "isness"...please explain

why should i believe alex collier ?

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by rawsom
Many people don't realize that whatever fundamental features humans possess, those have all risen through evolution. It means that there are very likely sound, good reasons for having a spiritual aspect of thought and processes. We do not know for certain what the purpose of spiritual thinking (this includes all spiritual philosophies and every religion) is.

Most atheists and agnostics fail to understand that, and only bash, attack and undermine all religions while claiming that there is no reason for such a thing to exist in modern world. Given that birth of useless features on 95% of population (who have a religion or a spiritual philosophy) within evolution cannot possibly be true (this is so when we understand evolution), there are good reasons for religions.

What the reason is, I do not know, but any alien contact propably won't take those reasons away.

Perhaps some day I'll write a good, long article describing this aspect of reality we live in. There's so much to say about this subject (reason for religion)..

thanks for your reply...excellent post

interesting idea that religion has come from a unknown reason during the evolution process of man. could religion be a part of our dna ? could aliens be trying to change that dna ?...hmmm

Which came first, God or the need for God? In other words, did humans create religion from cues sent from above, or did evolution instill in us a sense of the divine so that we would gather into the communities essential to keeping the species going?

www.time.com...
TIME.com - Is God in Our Genes? - The Religion Pages - Sponsored by Unitarian Universalists

maybe that might be the thing that does hold religion together ? hmm..

i still think it depends on who or what exactly shows up

[edit on 8-3-2008 by easynow]

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by depth om
ET large-scale contact would spawn even more "religions". A bad thing. The truth is the truth, it doesn't posess multiple hues. Clubs and groups claiming many things would sprout up, even more confusion would arise. So, in my opinion, ET is the gate to mass confusion and folly. The truth is out there and I doubt it will be brought to our doorstep by alien entities.

thanks for your post,

ET large-scale contact would spawn even more "religions". A bad thing.

yes i agree it would "spawn" more religions. what impact would that have on the current religions ?

we could not be doing business as usual if E.T. shows up

ET is the gate to mass confusion and folly.

yes i agree... and i think it would open the ultimate pandora's box

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Howie47

thanks for your reply,

Angles are of course ETs.

are Angels really E.T.'s ?...i think it would depend on exactly where heaven is ? it just sounds funny to me to call Angels... aliens. i think Angels are from the spiritual world or a spiritual dimension. could E.T.'s be from that same place ?...dont know.

i have always thought E.T. would be from another planet or star system...not from an Angelic realm.

Unless God made those planets just for future habitation of the human race.

this is exactly why some religions will have a problem with any kind of life found in outer space somewhere.

On a more general level the very fact that alien life exists would mean that we are not the centre of the universe. While most religions now recognise that the earth is just a lump of rock, they still believe that WE human beings are the most important thing in creation, that we occupy a special place in God's plan. The existence of aliens would seem to make this implausible especially if they are more advanced than we are (on all levels, intellectually, spiritually) This would mean that God has acted in the development of the aliens in a way he did not act in ours, which in turn would mean that we do not occupy the paramount role in God's creation, which as I said is a fundamental idea in religions.

www.123infinity.com...
Extraterrestrial life, existence of aliens, alien life

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

It came into my mind that if there is no God, then there is a reason for existence of religion in evolutionary sense. So that there has been a need for something, and that need is being responsed to by evolution, during which need was filled by spiritual aspect of life.

When our context of thinking is evolution, we are forced to admit this:

One is that religion fills a need and that religion was best response to that specific set of needs. This is because in evolution weaker stimuli are parsed out and stronger stimuli win more often. Quantity of people with spiritual aspect is about 95%. Such a high perchentage means that a stronger stimuli has already won.

We have to remember that whatever commands God supposedly gives us, that has very little to do with that feeling people get when they act in belief or are influenced by that feeling when rationalizing, thinking and so on... That feeling is the stimuli developed for us by evolution. Religions in general are pretty much machines of ethics and morality. That responds to other needs. This is so because in religion, feeling of belief appears to be almost exactly the same whatever the religion is. It doesn't matter. Religious constructs however are what differ among us, and those constructs are those machines of ethics and moral.

Obviously there must be logical and rational ways to get those feelings fulfilled without having a spiritual aspect in life. However, since only a handful of people appear to be capable in getting their needs filled with logic and rationality, that cannot possibly be an answer and way to do it for an average man. It means that religions are here to stay, and are not going to go away until average intelligence rises somewhat. That takes time.

Another note that comes into my mind is that we may just as well be going backwards in terms of average intelligence, since intelligence alone is not all that is needed in life to survive. It helps but if our environment simply begins to require other features alltogether, like better resistance to radiation because of ozone layer weakening, we may be out of luck in that such a group of people may not neccessarily be of above average intelligence. They may well be below, but most likely scenario is of course that it averages out and nothing happens in that aspect.

Just some rambling, hopefully some found this useful.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by rawsom

It came into my mind that if there is no God, then there is a reason for existence of religion in evolutionary sense. So that there has been a need for something, and that need is being responsed to by evolution, during which need was filled by spiritual aspect of life.

is there something in our dna code that calls for us to believe in a God ? or is it in our dna code because there is a God ? good question imo.

it is funny how man has always had to worship some form of God, i wonder what cavemen worshipped ?

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Blind faith in anything is bad, especially when it is contradictory to critical thought.

Unfortunately, the church recognized the likely hood of such an event being the causation of a total lack of power/following that they made it A-OK to believe in such things.

I view this as "just in case" clause at the least, and as a preamble to some marginalized truth being thrown at us some time soon.

The knowledge of ETs, even if it completely contradicted a specific religion (which it doesn't), will never stop some people from being sheeple.

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join