It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jews sue US for billions for not bombing Auschwitz tracks

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Düsseldorf-based Wolz says he has already filed a class action for $40 billion against the US government at the Federal District court of Colombia, in Washington DC. The class action concerns the failure of the Allies to bomb the railway bridges between Hungary and Auschwitz during the Second World War. Wolz believes the bombing of the railway bridges could have saved more than 400,000 Hungarian Jews life during 1944.

IMO this is total laughable.....this lawsuit should be dismissed. If not, this will start a dangerous precedent.

Link

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Master_Wii

Düsseldorf-based Wolz says he has already filed a class action for $40 billion against the US government at the Federal District court of Colombia, in Washington DC. The class action concerns the failure of the Allies to bomb the railway bridges between Hungary and Auschwitz during the Second World War. Wolz believes the bombing of the railway bridges could have saved more than 400,000 Hungarian Jews during 1944.

. . this lawsuit should be dismissed. If not, this will start a dangerous precedent.

This is not a new issue. It is a new law suit. It will go the way all those filed before it have gone. Dismissed. Usually for lack of standing. That is, the person filing the suit has not suffered any loss or injury. You cannot sue just to get the court’s opinion on an issue. Other times the suits have been dismissed as “Not a Justiciable Issue.” That is, the court cannot do anything about it regardless of the outcome. This usually means it is a political issue which takes it out of Article 3 and putts in Article 1 of our constitution.

Note these distances. London to Warsaw is 898 miles. London to Budapest is 901 miles. The primary weapon of war we had in Europe in War 2 was the Boeing B17 Heavy Bomber. The B17 cruises at 185 mph. German Me109 and FW 190 both could exceed 350 mph.

The B17 maximum flying distance without refueling was 2000 miles. This is called the “ferry range.” A B17's range was limited by the amount of bombs it carried. With a maximum designed bomb load of 8,000 pounds, the combat radius was 400 miles. With 4,500 bomb load, the combat radius was 800 miles. We did not have a plane that could carry bombs to Hungary or to Poland from England.

We tried a few times to land in the USSR, refuel and return to England, but that never worked well. The Russians were slow to service and refuel our planes, keeping our air crew for weeks if not months and not in good quarters or with good food and with no medical care.

It should be borne in mind that an AF Survey after the war revealed that only 10% of the bombs dropped hit the intended target. That is why we used the undesirable but necessary “carpet” bombing, that is, find a city and turn’em loose!

135,000 men flew in combat in the 8th Air Force. 30,000 members of the 8th, 9th, 11th, 12th, and 15th Army Air Forces died in the TO. 14,000 were wounded and some 33,000 were captured. During War 2, Boeing built 12,731 B17s. 4,754 were downed in Europe. Each bomber carried a 10 man crew. We also lost 2,112 B24s in Europe. They also carried a 10 man crew.
www.taphilo.com...

Now, here’s the REAL reason we did not make a special effort to slow or halt the transport of Jewish persons to the death camps. On a targets value list it is very low. Submarine pens, ball bearing factories, oil refineries, aircraft manufacturers, food processing plants, ammunition plants, tank and truck repair facilities, and dozens of more valuable targets. After D-Day, we had to bomb in close support of our forces on the ground in France. Regardless, we did not ever have enough planes to hit ALL targets, so we always had to pick and choose targets that seemed most likely to end the war sooner. Sorry about that. (Not meant to be flip).

I do not mean to denigrate the undeserved death of any persons in the Holocaust. I think it is said about 9 million people were murdered by the Nazis in the death camps, of which about 6 million were Jews. Democrats. Homosexuals. Gypsies. And others. but NONE deserving of death.

[edit on 2/18/2008 by donwhite]

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
If it wins, every person with aids, could sue america, for making the disease, therefore bankrupting the country. We know its not going to happen.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Why only sue the US. Wasnt it an Allied campaign????
And if any Govt should be sued it should be the participants of the Nazi regime themselves ie:Germany and Italy for imposing the treatments of these peoples.
Talk about shooting your friend with an arrow. Ouch. Why all the US hate?If they didnt step in to WWII None of what we know would exist today It would be Swastikas and Meatballs. WTF?

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Please. If we can't sue the United States government for the actions taken by the United States government in the name of Manifest Destiny, then I'm sorry, but these folks can't sue the US for a wrong by omission conducted by a joint operation of three main countries.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   

posted by TheWalkingFox
If we can't sue the United States government for the actions taken by the United States government in the name of Manifest Destiny, then I'm sorry,

So far as I know, none of the many aggrieved people from the past have been able to bring a successful suit in a court of law. Their only chance is to persuade Congress to hear their case and make awards if proper. I thought the US was miserly when it offered the Americans of Japanese descent, a mere $20K for false imprisonment. But something is better than nothing.

There is still pending one great big Native American suit that has gone to the US Court of Appeals which reversed the lower court’s dismissal with instructions to “take proof.” It is the Oneida Indians suit in western NY state. In a Revolutionary War treaty in which the US promised 800,000 acres to the Oneida for “as long as the grass may grow and the waters may run” but instead, NY took it away and the Oneida ended up with about 3-4 acres in the 1970s. The tribe has sued for the return of the land or fair compensation. That’s around $200 billion not counting the improvements.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
First they Jews descendants ad survivors of the holocaust are to get a US bill for them to go after insurance companies thanks to the Generosity of our government toward them,
but now they are to get greedy and take the US government on law sues.

This just amazing, but guess what they probably get what they want after all they are protected by our nation.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Why don't they just sue themselves for being stupid enough to be herded into said boxcars on said rail?

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by C0le

And in 50 yrs they will say that about us.. and the world goes round.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

Actually not before the Afghanistanis and Iraqis starts to get their law sues against the US invasion.

I am still waiting for that one.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Actually marg, some have already got the ball rollin last fall.

Iraqi families sues Blackwater
Funny how these lawsuits get burried in legal motions and appeals for years or decades.
Rumsfeld Sued for War Crimes

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by C0le
Why don't they just sue themselves for being stupid enough to be herded into said boxcars on said rail?

I think you'll find they were surrounded by very heavily armed German troops a t the time and really didn't have much of a say about it. "Stupidity" had nothing to do with it.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Thanks for the links Master_Wii I knew that something was going on already, I guess they all have to stand in line for their turn to get a piece of the American government and let no forget us the poor tax payer in this nation.

I guess we most keep the bail out checks and save them to pay he law sues.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
The people in the Warsaw Ghetto fought back ... and like lions and tigers they did. It took an entire German Army infantry division to beat a few hundred starved people who had less then 100 working firearms among them.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
What's a few more billions of dollars? The US already gives more than
$32 billion a year to Israel. That's over $1000 USD for each of us going to 20 million Iraelis wich becomes $16,000 USD per every one of them. We should all be outraged already.

Your reading it correctly, the US government essentially writes out a check for every Israeli to the tune of $16,000 USD every year!!! What could you do with an extra $1000 ?

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Tinhatman

It appears only a small amount of Hungarian Jews are behind this. I think all Jews should denounce this lawsuit, or we stop aid to their country

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Well, keep in mind, C0le's one of those guys who thinks owning a handgun is going to protect him if the might of the US military falls down on his head

But yeah, seriously, C0le, I don't think there was much by way of an "option B" in this situation

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by VType
Why only sue the US. Wasnt it an Allied campaign????
And if any Govt should be sued it should be the participants of the Nazi regime themselves ie:Germany and Italy for imposing the treatments of these peoples.
Talk about shooting your friend with an arrow. Ouch. Why all the US hate?If they didnt step in to WWII None of what we know would exist today It would be Swastikas and Meatballs. WTF?

The final decision rested on John J MCloy the then US Assistant Secretary of War after the buck was passed to him by Winston Churchill. However, as DonWhite brilliantly and succinctly points out, they were not a reasonable targets and the decision was taken that it was better to concentrate on ending the war with expediency.

Churchill when presented with the request to bomb communications to the camps passed it to the commander of the RAF and requested that everything be done to try and help. Bombers had attacked the IG Farben complex and therefore it was feasible to bomb Auschwitz itself, it was though considered that the 'collateral damage' would far outweigh the benefits to those suffering. It is not a call any of us would like to make and in the end even Churchill chose not to make it, instead making McCloy do it for him.

I suspect that the main reason that Britain is not being sued though is because our laws would not support such a suit.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by C0le

hahaha. As insensitive as that sounds, I have to agree with you there. This suit is ridiculous.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Arcane Demesne

Bingo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that is why C0le comment didn't strike me as insensitive, I knew that he was just commenting on the disparity of the law sue.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join