It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Aurora Plane Flying Over Scotland ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 07:14 AM
link   
are you sure it wasnt just a jet with engine problems?

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Did ya hear any noises when ya took the pix?

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   
it could be the sr-71 drone that i think is developed, look at my thoughts post

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I swear i saw contrails exactly like these today, i didnt have a camera with me and my picturephone had no battery left, but it was long and serrated, and dissipated into a wide spread after 15 minutes.

I must say that whilst in school about 30 mins before it we assume a plane was taking off nearby as the ground shook below us, which is unusual.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Is the Aurora Plane Flying Over Scotland ?

That reminds me of a joke.

Where does an Elephant sit? Wherever the hell an elephant wants to sit.

Where does the Aurora fly? Wherever the hell they want to fly it. Just try and stop 'em.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamrebel
Is this what you saw?

Check out the link below for pics. It may help you identify what you are catching a glimpse of.

Link
aurorapage.tripod.com...

[Edited on 16-2-2004 by dreamrebel]

how helpful, maybe next time when i want to contrails from an aircraft, i know who to ask.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
I swear i saw contrails exactly like these today, i didnt have a camera with me and my picturephone had no battery left, but it was long and serrated, and dissipated into a wide spread after 15 minutes.

I must say that whilst in school about 30 mins before it we assume a plane was taking off nearby as the ground shook below us, which is unusual.

well if thats wut an Aurora contrail is supposed to look like, then i see em almost every day, i live in Nassau County new york, MAny Many, get that- MANY jets fly over there and many contrails look straight and others look crooked.

i highly doubt that those pics are Aurora contrails.

But on link that is posted shows rings of smoke produced by the Aurora, now that seems plausible.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Haven't we already debunked the whole contrail thing? I mean really, I see contrails like that all the time, and my understanding it is phenomena with certain passenger jets, something about vortices off certain surfaces.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. For PDE to be useful and not DESTROY the aircraft, it's got to fire not like once a second or every couple seconds, but like 100 times a second, and there is ZERO evidence that a PDE engine would leave a contrail like that.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Oh sorry I forgot to answer the original question, no it's not the Aurora flying over Scotland because it is no longer flying

posted on Mar, 7 2023 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: intensity
Haven't we already debunked the whole contrail thing? I mean really, I see contrails like that all the time, and my understanding it is phenomena with certain passenger jets, something about vortices off certain surfaces.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. For PDE to be useful and not DESTROY the aircraft, it's got to fire not like once a second or every couple seconds, but like 100 times a second, and there is ZERO evidence that a PDE engine would leave a contrail like that.

This thread may be 19 years old, but a late 1992 issue of the FAS Public Interest Report concluded that it was highly unlikely the "donuts-on-a-rope" contrails were produced by a pulse detonation wave engine due the noise frequency of the pulsations made by the "donuts-on-a-rope" contrails being inconsistent with that of a pulse detonation wave engine. The pulse detonation wave engine as we know it did not get tested until January 2008, when a Rutan Long-EZ homebuilt aircraft. As far as the public record is concerned, the PDWE was never investigated for Lockheed design studies for a hypersonic spyplane in the late 1970s, and the US Air Force in the 1980s opted for a subsonic flying wing UAV for the Quartz/AARS program for an SR-71 replacement.
edit on 7-3-2023 by Potlatch because: Added more emphasis about donuts-on-a-rope contrails

top topics

<< 1   >>

join