It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if the things we can't explain are just holographic illusions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Today a friend had send me this video. And was amazed by the technological achievements the japanese already have on projecting a holographic image right in the open air. From what i could understand it needs a lot of water vapor to project a large object like this dino.
But then i thought what if.... the things we see and photograph can not be explained are nothing more then holographic images projected from great distances?

[edit on 11/02/2007 by 0bserver1]

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Well, I guess the key is that if you're being soaked by huge amounts of water, then maybe what you're seeing is a holographic illusion. These things don't work in nice, clean daylight air.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup
Well, I guess the key is that if you're being soaked by huge amounts of water, then maybe what you're seeing is a holographic illusion. These things don't work in nice, clean daylight air.

But most of the time we see a lot of night time activity.And illuminating objects. And clouds as i remember are also based on watervapor?

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I don't think that's really a "holograph." I don't think it's 3 dimensional. They're just using a curtain of water to project an image on, no different than a screen at a movie theater. It wouldn't look right if you were standing off to the side. The "illusion" only works when you're directly in front of the curtain of water.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0bserver1

Originally posted by Nohup

But most of the time we see a lot of night time activity.And illuminating objects. And clouds as i remember are also based on watervapor?

Sure, but clouds don't work well for holographic projections, from what I understand. The droplet size is too small and the mist becomes opaque, not reflective. Something about the wavelength of light. Otherwise, while some UFOs and odd things are seen at night, there are still thousands that are seen and a few photographed in bright daylight. Some even grab people. That would be pretty hard for a hologram.

Most UFOs people see at night, though, are misidentified regular aircraft, atmospheric phenomena, or secret military planes. Real, unexplainable UFOs are incredibly rare.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

Verry assumable something to think about! thnx for your opinion

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by nataylor

And thats based on your expertise or just assumption ?

XL5

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Lasers and light need something to bounce off of to be seen by us.

Here are the variables and rules:

* Given a continuous/homogeneous mist or humidity, all light beams will be visible as soon as it leaves the source and then spread and lose brightness the farther it gets from the source. In that case you will see the beam all the way back to the device making the lightshow.

* As the density of water mist increases, so does the absorption of light

* As the power of light increases, the normal humidity/mist in the air will reflect light back to our eyes.

* To get a good hologram that hangs in air and is lifelike, you need a 2D sheet of VERY FINE mist that has more density then the surrounding humidity so that the lasers have a sheet to project onto (for 2D objects). For 3D objects, you need a 3D mass of very fine mist and lasers set 360 degrees around the object so that you can see all the way around the object with no dead spots. They can not really make 3D mist in the shape of sea monsters or even planes and they can't make them move that fast even if they could as the mist would leave a trail you could see.

* If you have a very powerful laser or light and want to make a very bright hologram in the daylight, it may be so powerful that the normal humidity will make the beam visible all the way to the laser device

* As the distance from the hologram and the laser increases, the hologram will look more fuzzy and thus, less life like. This is due to the first rule and because of areas of temperature differences in the air (makes light look wavy like the air above something hot).

* Daylight holograms can be seen through since the light on the object behind the hologram is bright enough to see at the same time as the hologram. If you can't see through it, and you know its done using light and lasers, then its not a hologram, its a projection onto a screen that can be seen otherwise.

* The only 3D image that does not need mist is one where they use a VERY powerful laser to make a point of plasma in mid air. They do this by focusing the light to a very small point in mid air, thus making the air ionize. If the lasers used to make those dots are red, green, blue or anything BUT UV or IR you will see the beam (red laser=red beam). The dot will always be a blue/white dot no matter the colour of laser, this is due to air being comprized of mainly nitrogen. Lasers of this power will blind you and might conduct lightning as well.

* Any and all holograms will look like light on a wall if its projected with a laser, you can not fool people with a hologram even if you didn't need mist as a medium. They will shimmer and wave about due to those temperature differences.

* Lasers that can make bright hologram are VERY expensive

* [edit] Also Lasers projected on coulds will take the shape of the coulds

There are 3 types of holograms

* The plasma dot type, not for real looking images.

* Laser/light projected onto mist or some other semi-solid/solid medium.

* Lasers shone onto an object that is to be photographed, then the end result is a 2D photo that looks 3D depending on the angle you look at it. The photo is the medium, without it, you will not get the effect.

[edit on 13-2-2008 by XL5]
spelling

[edit on 13-2-2008 by XL5]

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Well...

There are developments in this area that are quite public. Take for instance the National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST). They have come up with a laser produced plasma technology tht makes a flashpoint in the air. AIST is reportedly the first public institution to succeed in displaying "real 3D images" in midair.
AIST - 3D Images in the Air

A video of the technology can be found at the following link:

VIDEO: 3D Laser Display

Here's an image of it:

The technology was demonstrated at SIGGRAPH 2006. There is short report about it on coolest-gadgets.com

That being said, if we are now seeing this in the public, imagine how much further along the military is. I imagine 30-40 years ahead in the technology, but that of course, is just a guess.

There are reports of squiggly light designs seen in the air starting with the Dorothy Izatt videos and continues on today with the latest Stephenville lights video.

So, to answer your question, yes. Some things we can't explain could be holographic illusions. It is possible, maybe even probable. However, since we are not "in the know"...

[edit on 13-2-2008 by AnnunakiX]

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by XL5

Thank you for this verry well described reply. It gives me more insight of how these things work!

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Hi there

Very good video, Steven Speilberg watch out, im into all sorts of illusions, even the holographic ones.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by nataylor

You are correct. Technically it's not a hologram but a modification of the Pepper's Ghost trick. It's basically a movie being projected off a massive wall of water which, although a very neat trick, is hardly a good example for the idea that convincing holograms can be projected in everyday life to fool us. As a matter of fact, you'll notice those videos show a semi-transparent image.

So the long and short of it, very good observation

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by AnnunakiX

Very good post. Also keep in mind these 3-d images can only be generated at a very short distance.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 05:50 AM
link   
The thing was, when i saw this video it directly linked me to a earlier thread i did of those chemtrails that had some kind of wierd hands projection. in the air.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join