It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which American Accent do YOU have? Take the Quiz!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Mine was actually spot on!

Your result: The Inland North

You may think you speak "Standard English straight out of the dictionary" but when you step away from the Great Lakes you get asked annoying questions like "Are you from Wisconsin?" or "Are you from Chicago?" Chances are, you call carbonated drinks "pop".

The only thing that's wrong with that is I call carbonated drinks "soda" instead of "pop".

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I've never lived farther north than Norfolk, VA.

I call carbonated drinks, sodas.

[edit on 2008/2/13 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Midlands=no accent

To me that is a complement as I have always tried to not sound like where I was raised. Lubbock, Texas. thanks y'all

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   

You have a "Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.
www.gotoquiz.com...

Sound about right since i grew up in Southern California and spent fifteen years living in Kansas and Missouri. Thanks for the distraction from "real life", Ducky, that was kind of fun...

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by MountainStar

Ya can't buy fresh farm eggs at the Chicken Ranch either!

ROFLMAO!!

MS, you crack me up, thanks for the belly laugh.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
North East.

And I'm Australian.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   
"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.

born in az, spent 4 years in co. weird.
my parents would always correct my grammar and enunciation, but they were both from cali, so I think im just a confused accent.

interesting nonetheless

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   

North East.

And I'm Australian.

I'm Australian and I got North-East aswell.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
It says i have a miland accent, but i am from New Jersey. I was born and raised in New Jersey so i am suprised by the fact that it did not say i have a Jersey accent since i been livng there my whole life. very odd

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
My Result: The Inland North

You may think you speak "Standard English straight out of the dictionary" but when you step away from the Great Lakes you get asked annoying questions like "Are you from Wisconsin?" or "Are you from Chicago?" Chances are you call carbonated drinks "pop."

Seems about right. I'm originally from Michigan, but have lived in Florida for the last 18 years.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Hmmm......I got the Northeast,as well.....North Jersey,New York City,
Connecticut or Rhode Island!
Seems that most Aussie's have the same answer ,and English as well!
When I visited America last year, poeple picked my voice as Aussie staight away....My hubby has real Ocker voice...like Steve Irwin!

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
It says I have an Inland North accent. That is kinda funny because I was born on the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, but I have lived all over. When I go back home, I think everybody sounds Canadian.

[edit on 10-26-2008 by groingrinder]

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Fun

Your Result: The Midland

"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.

Not from the Midlands, but fun no less

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Your Result: The Inland North

You may think you speak "Standard English straight out of the dictionary" but when you step away from the Great Lakes you get asked annoying questions like "Are you from Wisconsin?" or "Are you from Chicago?" Chances are you call carbonated drinks "pop."

I am from Chicago. But I don't call carbonated drinks "pop."

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
It says I have a "Midland" also which freaked me out for a second since that is my home town. It also says I have a good voice for radio or TV which obviously can't be right! Now if it said I had a good face for radio....

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Mine was North Central, too! "Outsiders probably think you're a Canadian..." I am a Canadian...ha ha ha. Procrastination has taken me a little too far this time. But I definitely don't sound like I'm from Fargo...

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I got Inland north and have lived in WA state my entire life! Whatever, the north part was right. And I do say pop instead of soda!

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I wasn't expecting the result answer I received: The Midland

I find it strange because...I am from Midland

Texas...not Michigan

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
No surprise here.

That's a Southern accent you've got there. You may love it, you may hate it, you may swear you don't have it, but whatever the case, we can hear it.

[edit on 20-11-2008 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
THE NORTH EAST.

Wow..This is really clever coz that's where I am..Just the 'other side of the Atlantic' bit is different.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join