It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which American Accent do YOU have? Take the Quiz!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
No surprise here.

That's a Southern accent you've got there. You may love it, you may hate it, you may swear you don't have it, but whatever the case, we can hear it.

[edit on 20-11-2008 by SpeakerofTruth]

Yes, that unavoidable southern accent! When I was on the East Coast, everyone wanted to know what part of Tennessee I was from. My response was, 'I don't sound like Loretta Lynn!

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Mine is of the west,and yes in California we have no accent,we talk just like they do in the movies!

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I got "Inland North"

I am from Maryland, lived in Pennsylvania, Florida, and now currently I reside in Texas.

So go figure. I know one thing I don't call soda "Pop"!!

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDuckster

"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.

Ack-tually, it's 30 years pacific northwest english mingled with punjabi enculturation, and canadian californian nevadan oregonian idahoian southwestern actualization; after post russian polish french spainish british danish, and a rage full of travells therein, but OoOoKaaaay. Spot on !

Though, I've been to those midwestern places. May Bee they stuck :-)

I like tests. This was fun. Thanks op!

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
That quiz was amazing..Very amusing....I have to say that it ws correct, It broke ot right down to my area..star for you

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
What American accent do you have? Your Result: The West Your accent is the lowest common denominator of American speech. Unless you're a SoCal surfer, no one thinks you have an accent. And really, you may not even be from the West at all, you could easily be from Florida or one of those big Southern cities like Dallas or Atlanta.The Midland Boston North Central The Inland North The Northeast Philadelphia The South What American accent do you have?Quiz Created on GoToQuiz

Wow, I would have thought it would have pegged me for Redneck.... SoCal surfer? That I am not DUDE... heh.

[edit on 22-11-2008 by seagrass]

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
How do we know that test isn't just looking up your IP address? I'm suspicious.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
My result was North Central.

"North Central" is what professional linguists call the Minnesota accent. If you saw "Fargo" you probably didn't think the characters sounded very out of the ordinary. Outsiders probably mistake you for a Canadian a lot.

I may be mistaken as a Canadian? Well, I am Canadian.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Says I'm from the west (which is spot on, 619 represent!!!)

But it also says I could also be from Florida...which is where I live...so it all works out!

Twas fun thanks!!

-JR

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join