It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do Christians always assume they're right?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Why do Christians always assume they're right?

Whenever it comes to other religions or atheists or points of spirituality that dont recognize Jesus as the definitive word of God its "wrong" or "misleading" or "untruthful".

Isn't that the same ideology that has divided the world, controlled the masses, started wars and killed thousands and thousands over the years? Sure Christianity is not to blame for all the above reasons but the ideals that Christians are always right and the rest of the world is wrong is very destructive....I think it is anyway. Why cant other religions be right as well?

[edit on 11-2-2008 by luxor311]

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
None are "Right" but the christians are less wrong, at the core beliefs at any rate, and they are blinded by the "truth" and thus take Christ down to the crapper with their arogants and selfrightiousness.

Now I'm not talking about everyone that might labble themselves with the stamp of "Christian", but more are "Christ Stains" rather then "Christ Like".

Christianity is basic truthfulness, and it doesn't function of an actual spiritual level, but it is historicly documented, even know there's the mythological spin.

It's just like this:

Mankind has been evolving.
Mankind has been evolving for thousands of years.
The factors that didn't evolve died off.

Spiritual truths have been evolving.
Spiritual Truths have been evolving for thousands of years.
the factors that get caught up in the rut and thus doesn't evolve will die off.

That included the christ stains that upon the second coming in glory refuse to accept the "New" "Age"'s teachings.

All this will pass away.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Double double post post.

[edit on 11-2-2008 by Incarnated]

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
They believe the Bible is true, and the Bible says that if they believe in the Bible they're right, so they must be right! That's logical, isn't it?

Oh, I forgot. "If it's not true, then you're saying God/Jesus is a liar!"

That's a good one.

[edit on 11-2-2008 by Nohup]

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
They

Are

BRAINWASHED

They can't distinguish between what is real, and what is an obvious sham, made to control populations, and feed off its fear.

AHHH WE ARE ALL GOING TO HELL!!!!!!!!

Hell isnt real. The idea of hell is used to control people by thinking that "I'f I dont' do what the bible tells me, I will go to hell."

Its simple really!

So if they think they will go to hell if they don't follow the bible, then obviously whatever they say MUST BE RIGHT! Otherwise if they were wrong they would see the truth.

Which is..........

WE DON'T FRIGGIN KNOW ANYTHING!!!!

Have faith in things you believe in your heart, not what someone else tells you to believe with your brain!

You don't need a "divine" book to tell you what is right and wrong, everyone has it built in!

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
We think we know everything?
Jesus IS everything.

The bible says for every man and woman NOT to think too highly of themselves and it also says that knowledge puffeth up.(or makes a person proud.)

1st Corinthians 3:18;
"Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise."

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by luxor311
Why do Christians always assume their right?

Whenever it comes to other religions or atheists or points of spirituality that dont recognize Jesus as the definitive word of God its "wrong" or "misleading" or "untruthful".

If a Christian did not believe he was right, and hence thought another religion had a better grasp of 'the truth'. Why would that individual remain a Christian?

Of course Christians assume they're right, same as every other religion as well as atheists.

If an atheist did not believe he was right, would he still be an atheist?

[edit on 11/2/2008 by SilentShadow]

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by luxor311
Why do Christians always assume their right?

A basic mistake here.

It should be " Why do Christians always assume they're right ? " There is a difference between 'their' and 'they're'.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
It has a lot to do with this. There is no right and wrong, only truth. So until you (in general) can see that the argument over right and wrong is a moot subject, you will continue to chase your tail, getting nowhere fast. IMHO, as always.

AAC

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

Your scripture and point can easily be interpreted as don't let the knowledge involuntarily empower you, as it instinctually does if one is not aware of it. It does not mean do not ascertain knowledge. Read my signature regarding truth. It is an un-ripened truth that has the ability to "inflate the chest" so to speak. Jesus became aware of his purpose because he search out the truth.

AAC

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation
reply to post by Clearskies

Jesus became aware of his purpose because he search out the truth.

Now That is an absolutly truthful statement with powerful implications that is overlooked by too many fools.

Jesus is well documented as having to study and think about many things, or at least search out the understandings, thusly if Jesus came back today he wouldn't be able to match up with people's idology of what he is "Suposed to be like".

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated
if Jesus came back today he wouldn't be able to match up with people's idology of what he is "Suposed to be like".

Not only that, if he did come back, most wouldn't believe it and would probably persecute him for implying such rhetoric. Even if he was able to perform magic they would call him a satanist, or even worse, a scientologist.

This is was confuses me, people won't believe anything, even if it's in front of their faces (9/11 prior knowledge etc). Yet they will easily base their entire existence on words, translated many times from different origins, that are so ambiguous that the extrapolated truths can be designed to contradict each other.

The bible is a code. We unlock it by the key of our awakened spirit. It is not for someone else to translate for us. Period. Jesus awoke his spirit by questioning the rabbis. When they grew frustrated over his esoteric questions they couldn't formulate, let alone answer, they sent him away.

When he went away, he discovered. It's called renunciation. Look it up.

AAC

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by luxor311

I've said this a million times before and will say it again. Atheists, Christians, Muslims, Hindus, Scientologists, Raelians, Jews, and Buddhists all assume they are correct. The only group that might not be included in this is Agnostics.

But as another poster pointed out, people are what they are and accept that belief system because they feel it is right. An atheist is an atheist because they believe that is what is correct. You're not going to see a Hindu who doesn't believe in Hinduism. It wouldn't make any logical sense.

No one is going to believe something they think is false.

[edit on 2/12/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Hey, I got one too!

"Why do people always categorize other people?"

Aren't there any sub-categories? Not all Christians are denying every other method of faith, just as every Muslim is not an "Islamic extremist", and every Jew is not a Zionist?

I keep seeing these threads here asking "why do ____ do this?" And the fact is that there are just as many cases of ____ not doing ____, that the question itself should become "why do you think you're right, and aren't you just as much of a self-righteous ____ for this postulation?"

We all have our higher power. Whether it's god, a sun or a moon, a rock or tree, a textbook, a 5th of Jack Daniels, or the voice in your head we are all just people. Most people, and yes, that includes Christians, mostly know that being a good PERSON is to let other people believe whatever the hell they want to.

I personally find my spiritual roots in the Christian faith, and do take offense to being lumped-in with whatever category of the "Christian" religion that you have failed to identify.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Omg taking the SAT is against my religion. Omg the middle finger is a taboo. Omg he can't play yuhioh because it has witches.
I had an extreme Catholicist friend, he criticized my every move and sometimes call me to listen to his Christian rap.
I get sick and tired of all the principles in religions. I believe that a lot of new principles are extemporaneous. Religion takes away rights of others and creates a voyeured society.
Has anyone here actually spoke with Jesus? There were basically no live accounts of Jesus Christ and his orations.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by IMAdamnALIEN

I agree

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by IAF101

Thanks for the heads up!

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
simply because Jesus is THE way, THE truth, and THE life. those of us who are blessed enough to be saved are so because Jesus has touched us and revealed himself to us. those who do not accept Christ as their Lord and Savior dont understand this, which is understandable. all you need to know about we who are saved is that Jesus is Lord, he is the prince of peace, and we live by his grace. we are forgiven, because of his sacrifices. and the bottom line is that he loves you, whether you accept him or not

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by zoso28
simply because Jesus is THE way, THE truth, and THE life. those of us who are blessed enough to be saved are so because Jesus has touched us and revealed himself to us. those who do not accept Christ as their Lord and Savior dont understand this, which is understandable. all you need to know about we who are saved is that Jesus is Lord, he is the prince of peace, and we live by his grace. we are forgiven, because of his sacrifices. and the bottom line is that he loves you, whether you accept him or not

See your the exact reason I started this thread. Notice how you say..us..us...we...we....??

Alot of people love me that are actually living here on earth, and not just an imaginary friend you carry around in your pocket.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I hate to reiterate this but you just aren't getting it.
All faiths, beliefs, and creeds, believe that they are right. If there was any significant doubt it would not be a belief. So to ask why we believe we are right is an incredibly stupid question.

If you want to discus Religions hellbent on being right I've never met a faith more zealous than the atheist, all of your kind just have to show us were wrong, and you know the best part. The bible says time and time again that the faithful will be persecuted for there beliefs. So every time someone starts in on us, and tries desperately to prove us wrong, It only confirms to us that were right.

You will never be able to shake pure faith, deal with it.

[edit on 11-2-2008 by Squiddypuff]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join