It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops to be given flashlight that 'incapacitates' from Homeland security

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Griff

LOL

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!!!

Mod Note: One Line and Short Posts – Please Review This Link.
Mod Note: Please Stay on Topic

[edit on 7-2-2008 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
These things are not meant to be used on protesters. They are going to be used on everybody. Within the next few years you will see that almost every person that gets pulled over will get a blast from this thing, for the safety of the officer.

AND THEN, you will see that every person who gets pulled over for the most minor violation, gets hauled down to the station so they aren't driving under the influence of the conditions caused by this hardware. This will give the police more time to do a much more thorough check on the person who dared to forget to signal, or who's license plate light was blown out but mysteriously turned back on afterward.

Yep, cuz cops LOVE more paperwork.

Do you even have a clue as to what extent of information the police have access to about a person? Im sure you believe it to be their entire life history but its nowhere near as intensive as your paranoia lets you believe.

Damned if you do damned if you dont....here is a device which from what we have seen is a very passive low impact device which could be an alternative to devices like the Taser and yet everyone still cries.

So let me ask, just what should a police officer carry with him if not low impact less lethal means?

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
at least i can get one of these Crazy LED brain Melting Lights.

Mod Note: One Line and Short Posts – Please Review This Link.
Mod Note: Please Stay on Topic

[edit on 7-2-2008 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I watched the video, the link said it was "unmodified" but the video said it was modified.

Either way, it didn't affect me much. I think this guy's just roped in 800 grand of our tax dollars in one simple scam... of course if you flash bright lights in somebody's face they're going to turn away! This is new technology? C'mon!

I'd like to know how these people have proven that the alternating frequencies and wavelengths actually changes anything.

And don't get me started on the tazer whiners. Just because something can be abused doesn't immediately make it bad. I shock myself with my stun gun just for fun all the time. I'm sure it beats being shot to death.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I'm just going to be real about this and true to myself and if any of this is too crazy or whatever for you, thats okay. I feel like I have to take part, I\'ve been very quiet and just a spectator until recently.

To me there is no denying that we are leading up to something. We know that our Government does not have our best interests at heart, and they show that on all levels. Whether it the FDA or the CIA their task has not been one to progress the American people.(or human beings at all) No, rather, they have their Agenda and we know bits and pieces of it. Some of it complete disinformation and some of it forewarnings and truths. There has been much suffering for any real info and there are still far too many questions.
But I propose this, that we can\'t afford to wait and hope all of our questions are brought to light. they might never be, or only when it is too late.
What we know for certain right now is that we no longer live under the Constitution and we are NOT free people. We are under the UN Constitution and Homeland Security is the Police of the Future for America.
Right now, we dont have the right to protest. In days to come, the internet will not be available to us either. At any moment there could be a real, or staged terrorist attack, Martial Law implemented and it\'s checkmate.
Our Congress has sold us down the river. Real ID RFID Chip is at our doorstep. Americans are gladly handing over the last shreds of Freedom in the name of any kind of Security.
The majority of Americans are a slave to our fast paced society, resorted to recieving their news in headlines. They are not going to wake up. Not until Sean Hannity and Glenn Beck decide to tell everyone. Not gonna happen. The Revolution was won with 4% of the population, roughly. The rest did not take part. It will be the same, and we have the same weapons. Truth, Love, Freedom, Equality, Justice, we are the righteous, we are the divine, the rightful inhabitants to this Earth and we will not go quietly into the night. We must fight. We may die. We must go into Eternity knowing we did what we could to make this World a better place for all who inhabit it with us and after us. Please join me in brainstorming ideas on how we can still mobilize in mass in peaceful protest and create an impact. And when I mean in mass I mean all of us who are fed up. Millions? Hundreds of Thousands.
We need enough people so that the Media cant spin it badly, so that we create a voice loud enough they MUST listen. They divide us every day, Democrat or Republican, SAME THING!, its just a division game. We must unite for Freedom. We must stop these bills that are passed every single day designed to take away our freedoms, we must stop Diebold and go back to Hand Ballots, we must storm the White House and take back our Country! We need Ron Paul to tell it like it really is to the Nation if the MSM ever lets him in front of one of their cameras again, We need Bono on the case! we need big names to get the Media coverage and all of us behind it. We need to do our own repeating of History. In the name of Good.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by C0le
Free will and freedom is gone it seems...
Microwave guns now this, how long before shock implants?

If I read your signature right, you own a gun, but you are against flashlights??? Is it not better to flash a burglar and kick his ass then to shoot him/her?

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 07:33 AM
link   
$800,000 to make public a technology that's been around for years (in the black of course). Here's an account from a real MIB experience - not the 'flashy-thing' but the real deal.

Some facts which seem relevant to the case stand out. At 7:15 AM, December 29th 1992, Livingston's apartment close to O'Hare airport, in Chicago, Illinois, was lit up brightly by a silverwhite flash. She was accosted later in the day while in her apartment parking lot by 5 MIBs (Men in Black) which she described as being almost faceless and carrying long, flashlight-like black objects. She was rendered unconscious. What, we must ask, assuming her story is true, was done to her at this time, and why?

Quote grabbed from here:
www.apfn.net...

'Don't spray me bro,' 'don't tase me bro' -- now 'don't flash me bro.' Pretty soon it'll be 'don't shoot my dog bro.'

I'm reminded of a quote from the Simpsons when Homer becomes a cop in the episode 'Poppa's Got a Brand New Badge:' 'Finally, a way to combine my love of helping people with my love of hurting people!'

[edit on 7/2/08 by Evasius]

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by SwatMedic

The problem he has is obeying authority, so anything that gives authority figures a tool to control people that feel entitled to be unruly, is a bad thing in his eyes(no pun intended). They don't recognize the duty police have to society to maintain order/protect citizens & property, and consider it to be fascism, if they can't do whatever they darn well please.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by eyewitness86
The average citizen would do well to carry all legal equipment that might make a difference in a fight, be it with a thig without a badge or with one. The very bright light and a ligtht that flashes a very bright light are effective; but not if the person looks away as you do it.

If you're at a protest that gets out of control or violent, and the police are trying to restore order, saying that is was self defense using a weapon against them, isn't gonna be particularly effective when you're in front of a judge/jury.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   

These things are not meant to be used on protesters. They are going to be used on everybody. Within the next few years you will see that almost every person that gets pulled over will get a blast from this thing, for the safety of the officer.

AND THEN, you will see that every person who gets pulled over for the most minor violation, gets hauled down to the station so they aren't driving under the influence of the conditions caused by this hardware. This will give the police more time to do a much more thorough check on the person who dared to forget to signal, or who's license plate light was blown out but mysteriously turned back on afterward.

Can you provide one shred of evidence that this is the plan? How many jails are they gonna have build, if everytime a police officer deals with the public, they use this device and bring them back to the jail? Do you even understand the manpower and infrastructure requirements of what you're suggesting?

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SwatMedic

Do you even have a clue as to what extent of information the police have access to about a person? Im sure you believe it to be their entire life history but its nowhere near as intensive as your paranoia lets you believe.

I know EXACTLY the extent of the information. I also know that because much of the information is not stored in one "big brother" database, it takes time to dig up dirt on someone.

Damned if you do damned if you dont....here is a device which from what we have seen is a very passive low impact device which could be an alternative to devices like the Taser and yet everyone still cries.

There is truth in what you say here. I am not actually against the use of this technology, but I am concerned about how readily it will be applied.

The Taser was supposed to be an alternative to shooting someone. Instead, it it applied at the slightest provocation. If the police were shooting as many people as they tased, the public would wake up and realize what kind of country we are now living in.

So let me ask, just what should a police officer carry with him if not low impact less lethal means?

Again, I am not against the deployment of these devices, merely the regularity in which I project they will be applied.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueRaja

Can you provide one shred of evidence that this is the plan? How many jails are they gonna have build, if everytime a police officer deals with the public, they use this device and bring them back to the jail? Do you even understand the manpower and infrastructure requirements of what you're suggesting?

It wouldn't be much of a plan if I could find the evidence.

I am not suggesting that everyone who is brought back to the station will be sent to jail. Just that it will give the opportunity for the officer to further scrutinize the subject.

As far as manpower and infrastructure goes, it is their objective to increase both, which they have been doing at an alarming rate. The US send more people to prison than any other country in the world.

[edit on 2/7/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
I didn't think I was particularly subject to the powers of suggestion, but 10 minutes after just watching the video clip, I actually feel mildly sick.

I actually came back to this thread to see if I'm the only one????

Am I??????

EDIT: Ok, I'll take the star to mean you didn't want to identify yourself and that 'yes' you feel mildly sick too.

[edit on 6-2-2008 by loam]

I saw the video and I didn't necessarily feel very affected by the device. Then again, I tried to tell my brain to prepare beforehand. Has anyone ever tried doing something similar like this before? You know, tell your brain "prepare for the light/taser" etc. and been succesful? I didn't feel any effects with the light, but I'm not so sure if I'd be as succesful with a taser. I'm still pretty much of the belief of "mind over matter" and in at least 90% of the time, it's worked for me in the past.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   

It wouldn't be much of a plan if I could find the evidence.

I am not suggesting that everyone who is brought back to the station will be sent to jail. Just that it will give the opportunity for the officer to further scrutinize the subject.

As far as manpower and infrastructure goes, it is their objective to increase both, which they have been doing at an alarming rate. The US send more people to prison than any other country in the world.

[edit on 2/7/0808 by jackinthebox]

They are increasing their manpower/infrastructure at a rate that would allow them to take everybody pulled over to jail? If anything, most police departments are undermanned, and have limited facilities for storage of people(much less routine traffic stops). As for the number of people incarcerated- are you suggesting that we shouldn't imprison someone if they're convicted of a crime? If anything, there's not enough jail space to hold those who should be behind bars, so we let them out after only serving a portion of their sentences, so they can prey on the innocent again.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   

The Justice System of the US has not practised law since the Constitution was suspended in 1933. Instead they practice public policy for profit. This has nothing to do with crime anymore, only the perception of crime.

If this country did something to provide better jobs to people, you wouldn't see anywhere near the amount of people commiting crimes and going to jail. Not to mention the swelling number of inmates who have actually been proven to be innocent after spending time in prison.

I am not saying that there are no people who belong in jail and deserve to be there. What I am saying is that the number is greatly inflated deliberately and for profit.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   

The Justice System of the US has not practised law since the Constitution was suspended in 1933. Instead they practice public policy for profit. This has nothing to do with crime anymore, only the perception of crime.

If this country did something to provide better jobs to people, you wouldn't see anywhere near the amount of people commiting crimes and going to jail. Not to mention the swelling number of inmates who have actually been proven to be innocent after spending time in prison.

I am not saying that there are no people who belong in jail and deserve to be there. What I am saying is that the number is greatly inflated deliberately and for profit.

How is it profitable to house, provide medical service, and feed a person in prison, that isn't contributing to the tax base? I don't see a direct corrolation in crime and salaries. There are plenty of people that work hard and earn an honest living, that don't make much. Integrity and moral character have more to do with the propensity to commit crime.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Where there's a will to profiteer, there's a way....Prison is big business:

www.november.org...

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

So I should invest in prisons, instead of IRA's/Mutual Funds, etc...?
It may be profitable, if you are a construction contractor building the prison. It's certainly not profitable for the state and taxpayers.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   

It's profitable for the state, because taxpayers will be footing the bill for more cops, more prisons, and now fancy little flashlights.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Your tax dollars at work...

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

Maybe this could have been avoided with some new equipment.

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join