It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sighting, 3 feb 2008, Dublin

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Me and two friends where walking home tonight and sighted ufos.
we were walking north back to our estate when we saw two strange lights in the sky. the three of us got up on a wall and where looking at them when one of them started moving left accross the sky. when it was a good bit away from the other light another one appeared next to the stationary one out of nowhere. At this point we were all freaked out and started running to a nearby park where theres a hill with a clear view of the whole city one of my friends went back home at this point. we were standing on the hill for a good while and i actually got a video of one of the lights although it was takin on my phone (very low quality video). We told a few more of our mates about it but they all think we were talkin #e.

Any questions or possible explanations would be appreciated and I will try to upload the video asap.

Oh and go Giants!

[edit on 3/2/08 by CelticFC]

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
if you get a chance, take some time out and post your encounter with MUFON and others.
document, document, document.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Sorry but whats MUFON?

And can someone tell me how to upload a video from a phone?

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
mufon is mutual ufo network. A collaboration for the study of ufo phenomenon. I think you need a rs 422? cable to upload from phone to puter, than upload to photobucket etc. before download to this site. Could you please elaborate somewhat on your sighting? Thanks
John

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Always love a good sighting! Document, document, document! Get everyone involved to write down what they saw and from where while it's still fresh in their minds. Check and see if other neighbours saw. Try and get some specific times. Check known aerial activity. Check with authorities discreetly to see if it was reported by others... best luck!

Vic

EDIT: To add Karl Morris, Clontarf Dublin 3. UFO Research of Ireland

[edit on 3-2-2008 by V Kaminski]

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by CelticFC

If you can email on your phone . Try emailing it to yourself. If you state the model . We can probably find you a walk through for it

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Heres the video
s258.photobucket.com...

its very low quality but the lights at the bottom are the city and the one in the sky is one of the UFOs and notice how another one appears beside it. It was a lot clearer in real life i assure you ha.

What would you like me to elaborate on?

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Write it up. It's a good opportunity. Maybe someone else scored some video on camera.

Vic

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by V Kaminski

Yes, hopefully someone else has something of anytype of significance to offer (video) this is terrible.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
So tell us in your own words as much detail as you can recall. Do this immediately, then draw a picture as your video unfortunately is not so good this time. Then ask your friends to do the same . Afterwards see how close your detail is or how different. Excellent field discovery.

Details also significant other than date and time as well as duration, would be sounds close or distant, size, color and shape of craft. Also what was your feeling or intuition about what you witnessed?

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
You looked a little shaky there!
I was able to stop the video at a good enough time to see something though!

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Yea sorry about the poor quality of the video (bogey sony Ericsson camera phones).

The things looked just like lights in the sky but they were multicoloured and stayed stationary at times but moved across the sky sometimes. Id say they were over dublin bay and a few of miles away. They looked to be high in the air because the hill we were watching them from can see over the entire city and they were a lot higher then the buildings you can see during the day.

My intuition was i spotted them at first and sort of jokingly said "wer going to get abducted!" but when we saw one start to move and another materialize out of thin air we all just got freaked out. Then when we were watching from the hill I felt like I was dreaming it all cos it was too strange like. The chap you can hear in the video was just completely freaked out and couldnt believe it. For the rest of the night all he said was along the lines of what he said in the video ha ha. And our other mate who went home just didnt really speak about it again and acts as if it didnt happen.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by zooplancton

I don't think they have MUFON in Ireland...

Anyway, how about telling us where you were standing,as precisely as possible, and what direction you were looking at?

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Well we were standing on a wall at first looking north then when we got to the hill we were looking at two of the lights at first that where to the north east of us then one started moving northwards the they appeard to dissapear but I remember looking back when we walked away and we could see them agian.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by CelticFC
Well we were standing on a wall at first looking north then when we got to the hill we were looking at two of the lights at first that where to the north east of us then one started moving northwards the they appeard to dissapear but I remember looking back when we walked away and we could see them agian.

So, you were looking North over the city, but the lights appeared to be over over Dublin Bay, which looks like it's more East. How far south of the city were you?

There's a particular hypothesis I am trying to rule out.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by CelticFC

Howrya, fellow Dub!

I'm also curious as to where exactly you were when you had your sighting. You said you were looking north from "the hill"; would this be Killiney Hill?
You're not the first to witness strange aeriel phenomena above Dublin.

If you get a chance, read this book:

www.mercierpress.ie...

It is a very good account of several Irish sightings, many having happened in Wicklow/South County Dub area, and more than a fair share over the Irish Sea.

This website:

www.ufoinfo.com...

has several reports from around the area from last year. You may find it interesting to know that you're not the only one to have witnessed bright lights over the city, though, with the lack of reporting in the Irish press, that's not unexpected. These addresses may help if you want to make a report here (not sure how current some are):

www.ufoinfo.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   

There's a particular hypothesis I am trying to rule out.

I think I know where you're going. The description of the lights fits.

Celtic, what part of Dublin were you located at the time?

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
his is the biggest thing to happen to Dublin since Townes Van Zandt wrote "Dublin Blues" twenty years ago. His words fit in with what's going on right now"Here I sit in Dublin, just rollin cigarrettes, holdin back and chokin back the shakes with every breath" "So forgive me all my anger, forgive me all my faults,theres no need to forgive me for thinkin what I thought""I am just a poor boy, works my middle name, if money was the REASON then I would not be the same." "I'll stand up and be counted, and I'll face up to the TRUTH, I'll walk away from trouble but I won't walk away from you" Not saying old Townes was a prophet, but he saw things that others did not and wasn't afraid to point these things out. Sound familiar?

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by IAttackPeople

Already thought of what I assume you're getting at. Surely, though, a Dublin resident would be familiar with night-time lights above the city, especialy when they are static and constant. That particular landmark is unmistakable; perhaps CelticFC is a visitor to the fair city, then?

ItsHumanNature,

his is the biggest thing to happen to Dublin since Townes Van Zandt wrote "Dublin Blues" twenty years ago. (etc)...

sorry, and with due respect, I haven't got a clue what you're on about!

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Beamish

I'm taking the report at face value - the lights were observed to move.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join