It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most Americans Believe In Creation

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ppkjjkpp

no dude, i'm saying that what you are telling us as far as killing nonbelievers is misinterpreted. in actuality, what is being said is that in times of war, or during that time that texts from the quran were written, one should kill nonbelievers. the quran says that it is wrong to kill unless in a time of war, and no person or state can declare this state of warfare. it must be the will of muhammed. i gave you evidence as you asked. i am not saying that you hate muslims at all. i'm saying that you are misinterpreting the text of the quran, and i showed you why and how. the response with taliban and quran was an example of why and how government states censor the people and alter the texts or offer misinterpretations to accord with their current beliefs.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
reply to post by ThreeNF

ah... so you're saying that things were created at different times...

now, prove those that you claim created this mating ritual for their amusement exist.

Yes, they didn't create everything at once! They started with simple things, like a single cell orgainism, and as their understanding grew the complexity and sophistication of their creations grew. Humanity has just begun this process themselves - or at least Dr. Craig Venter has brought us closer

I can't prove that they Elohim exist
I have a Masters in physics and I understand where everyone is coming from with respect to evolution, facts, data, etc. It was stuffed down my throat during school as well. I just can't buy evolution - there is no way evolution made that bird - it's just too f**cked up!!
But I appreciate it. It's quite beautiful!

So yes, it's a belief but the Raelian philosophy appeals to me in so many ways. Honestly, I think you have to be nuts to see it any other way! But most people think I'm nuts, including my wife
Then I show her my paycheck and she quickly shuts up - probably the only reason she puts up with me anyway

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ThreeNF

I would like to find out more about your beliefs. I'm not saying that I will convert to your belief system, but it sounds like interesting stuff. If you could, please point me to some websites with information on your beliefs. I'd like to read about them.

Thanks

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ppkjjkpp

Originally posted by Thousand

Including atheism. Stalin?

No, not atheism. Communism. They're not the same.

Stalin was an atheist

[edit on 25-1-2008 by ppkjjkpp]

So? Did he exterminate people because they believed in god, or did he exterminate them because they stood in the way of his idea of a Utopian state? He didn't kill because he was an atheist, he killed because he was a totalitarian dictator, and he wanted to force his views (communism, not atheism) on the world. While he did persecute the churches in Russia, he did it because they were roadblocks to his control, not because he was an atheist.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainG0705
reply to post by ThreeNF

I would like to find out more about your beliefs. I'm not saying that I will convert to your belief system, but it sounds like interesting stuff. If you could, please point me to some websites with information on your beliefs. I'd like to read about them.

Thanks

Not asking anyone to convert
The purpose is to inform, not convince. It's up to the individual to decide what is best for themselves

I'd recommend going here -> www.rael.org...

There is a section for free e-books. I'd recommend starting with, Intelligent Design - Message From The Designers, first.

Thanks for your interest!!

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ThreeNF

Thank you sir.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
It is most clear. As the graph posted earlier shows, belief in "creationism" is strongest amongst the uneducated. The more educated the observer, the more likely he is to believe in evolution. The vast majority of scientists believe in evolution, and the poor soul above who claims evolution has "not been observed" obviously is among the poorly educated, obviously not a thinker. I believe that there may be a God. And should a God exist, it certainly does not preclude evolution any more than it precludes gravity.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Actually, if you do your research, you'll find that nearly ALL of America's Founding Fathers did NOT agree with Christianity at all. In fact, they categorically did not want America to be Christian. Fact.

People also used to think that the earth was flat too. Using your logic - perhaps we should start teaching the 'Flat Earth' theory in schools too then? There is a mountain of evidence that proves evolution is real. There is not one single scrap of evidence that proves 'creationsim'. Nothing.

Want to live in a Taliban-like state? Then continue with that line of thinking, and it'll be here before you know it.

J.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Creation means there is a God and evolution means there is no God. This is clearly shown in textbooks and evolution literature. Most americans believe in God and therefore creation, by any means.
We have no science for evolution. Evolution requires observable and testable evidence which we none, therefore it is a faith. And the minority brough evolution into textbooks.

Text BlueI think
where most people get hung up on evolution is when it is discribed as a theory.
most people dont really know what the word theory means.
for instance it is a theory that the earth goes around the sun.
and as we all know that is fact, but it is still a theory.
just like evolution. There is overwhelming evidence in suport of evolution.
there is no reason for people not to exept evolution.
humans an apes do indeed share a common ancestor.
Most people cant except this. People also have a really hard time trying to
swallow the fact that humans ARE apes.
you should read this
www.simonyi.ox.ac.uk...

I think its funny when people talk about the fact that most people believe in creation so there for there must be some truth to it. This is false.
there was a point in time where the majority of people believed that the word was flat and that the earth is the center of the universe. And as we all know science has sence proven them wrong. Just like Evolution has proven creation wrong. And it wont stop there.
As science progresses more religious phenomenon will be explaned
until there is nothing that will be atributed to god.
There is no plan to evolution. evolution is not going in a certain direction. evolution does not see ahead, does not plan consequences, has no purpose in view.
If evolution had gone differently, like in a different direction humans would be something quite different. but evolution
would still be responsible for getting us there.

evolution does not need people to believe in it for it to be true.
that's whats kinda funny when people ask me if I "believe' in evolution.
I don't believe in evolution. I except it
I just think its #ed up when people
don't teach it in schools or when they teach it, it
is spoken of as if it is false
with a more "inteligant design" feel to it

there are people out there who think that the planet, life and the universe
was created or has a design to it.
this is false
the laws of physics and evolution are all you need
over billions and billions of years you get what we have now
no designer.
and its funny when people try to argue the creation vs evolution.
because there is no argument.
there is no evidence for creation. None
but there is overwhelming evidence for evolution.
what more do people need.
weather you believe that the only thing making evolution true is that fact that
it "works" is a hell of a far cry form people who don't
expert it at all.
not excepting evolution now should be the same as not
excepting that the earth goes around the sun.

I challenge you
to argue with me.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   
The way to keep religious zealots from high-jacking threads and topics with their ridiculous mantras is to IGNORE them. Don't reference, add to, or "quote" anything they post, and eventually they will get tired of being ignored and just go somewhere else. It works on the forum I moderate, and it can work here. Act as if the particular posts don't even exist. After all, they try to pretend that those of us they can't convert will "be as if we've never been" anyway.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   

I didn't mean taking evidence under your own light, I meant people who go out and blatantly disregard standard procedure for anyone who does work in archeology or paleontology, making whacked out claims, and verbally and professionally insulting people that try to debunk them, or to explain to folks the simple reasons why they are wrong. Sometimes they will go as far to manipulate evidence to fit their own plan.
Not that this doesn't also happen in paleontology or archeology either, but it's more easily dismissed without ruining the entire fields reputation. The crazy folks get heard more than the sane folks. I've read articles and discussions between evolutionists and creationist archaeologists and paleontologists who get along alright, or just fine, and enjoy bumping ideas off of each other. In my opinion, if the people actually doing the studies involved can get along, then everyone else involved should as well.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Creationism and evolution are apples and oranges. Creationism is faith, evolution is science. Never the twain can meet. See, faith is only belief and belief is only a person's OPINION. Cloaking opinion in smoke and mirrors by calling it FAITH doesn't change the fact that it is ONLY an opinion.

One person's opinion is no better than another's. FACT, however, is better than opinion and in my experience, people who call their opinions faith, don't care about facts when these contradict their opinions.

Teaching creationism in a science class is like teaching math in an art class. Apples and oranges. Calling evolution a theory is the most fallacious argument one can raise. Gravity also is a theory, but is supported by a preponderance of physical evidence.

The law, as a science, is also based on FACTs. In order to convict, the prosecutor must present a preponderance of evidence, i.e., facts, to overcome the presumption of innocence. Those facts must be concrete, objective and observable. Unless they are so, there is reasonable doubt. In the face of reasonable doubt, the prosecution has no case.

In the issue of creationism vs evolution, creationism has no case. On the other hand, science is based exclusively on concrete evidence and the preponderance of concrete scientific evidence is in favor of evolution. The religious evidence of creationism is not concrete, nor objective, nor observable. There is NO scientific evidence in favor of creationism. The religious evidence for creationism is exclusively the Bible.

The Bible is riddled with contradictions and errors of history. For example, Lilith was Adam's first wife and where did the wives of Cain and Able come from? Many of the place names and dates in the Bible cannot be verified, but many can be proven not to exist or not to exist as described in the Bible. For example, there is no archeological evidence the Exodus from Egypt ever took place.

Fact vs opinion. Facts belong in a science class, opinions belong in church, not school.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Does anyone think that maybe both technics were used in the creation of man?

And when you think about it, doesn't evolution seem like just another form of creation, natural creation, while simple creation (as in God/aliens) would be artificial?

But if you think about it, everything we are is a creation. Evolution is a change in the initial creation.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pericle
Does anyone think that maybe both technics were used in the creation of man?

And when you think about it, doesn't evolution seem like just another form of creation, natural creation, while simple creation (as in God/aliens) would be artificial?

But if you think about it, everything we are is a creation. Evolution is a change in the initial creation.

Very well said.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Ah, another thread from the Department of Pulling Statistics Out of One's Bunghole. There are more atheists out than have been counted. Many people are too frightened to admit they're either atheists or agnostics because they're immediately attacked by so-called Christians.

Do unto others, unless they're atheist. Some religion you've got there. Christians do have some high statistics, but they're mostly for hypocritical behavior.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Atheists = always right thinking tollerant people, and larger than you know except for hiding from persecution.
RRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttttttt

Any other BS anthems to the group you are a part of?
Their like soooo many others I have heard.
Same crap tune new words.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainG0705

O what a breath of fresh air you are!!!!!!!! I could not agree more. I was raised a christian and as soon as I was old enough to stand up to my parents, I put a stop to being forced to go to church on sunday. I do not believe in god a or any other deity. I try to let common sense and right and wrong rule my life. I'm pretty sure religion might actually be holding back civilization. Allot of religious people are really fricken scary all they seem to do is bicker about who's religion is right who is going to hell. I don't care what religion you believe in it seems to me so many people have been indoctrinated with this crap. when will the time come when common sense rules??? Not fairy tales.
I Don't want to say I'm a atheist or anything else. I'm just you average blue collar working American that is sick of all this religion bullsh-- and I am tired of the hatred it seems to breed. I wish I could do a experiment, if somehow I could send all the religious nuts to a far away planet and just leave the rest of us here I bet the world would be a far better place not perfect but far better.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by melatonin

Evolution doesn't rule out God? Show me a textbook that even mentions the possiblity of God.
See this is the lie evolutionists are feeding Christians. It doesn't include God at all. The textbooks say, In the beginning there was nothing.

Science textbooks focus on science, not religion.

I also hear that textbooks on chemistry, maths, and electrical engineering don't mention it either.

The origin of life is a reasonable question. But it can't be answered because it is out of the realm of science. So why does evolution leave science to answer this?
If it's possible that evolution has God, then why do the textbooks say something completely unscientific by stating in the beginning there was nothing.

Errmmm...Evolution IS science
'Origins of life is out of the realms of science?' How so?? Life is all about biology - and biology IS science...

J.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by luckypuck

Well said Luckypuck!

J.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by CynCritter
The way to keep religious zealots from high-jacking threads and topics with their ridiculous mantras is to IGNORE them. Don't reference, add to, or "quote" anything they post, and eventually they will get tired of being ignored and just go somewhere else. It works on the forum I moderate, and it can work here. Act as if the particular posts don't even exist. After all, they try to pretend that those of us they can't convert will "be as if we've never been" anyway.

Hmmm...interesting idea there. And you are probably right - but I have a hell of a hard time ignoring some of the inane, ignorant and downright stupid comments christian extemists make on these forums sometimes....

Still, I may give that a try...

Thanks.

J.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join