It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sculpture or alien on Mars? Interesting pictures, if real ^^

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   
A turkish newspaper claims that those pictures are taken on Mars from Spirit. Could you please confirm whether it is true or not?
fotogaleri.hurriyet.com.tr...

[edit on 22-1-2008 by commodore64]

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
The image gallery on the link works after 9th photo. If someone make a larger image version, that would be nice. I am noob on computer.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by commodore64

Please, could you provide a link to that website, at least in order to identify the SOL number? Thanks in advance
Internos...

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

News is here: www.hurriyet.com.tr...

and the pictures:
fotogaleri.hurriyet.com.tr...

(picture 9, 10 and 11).

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Commodore64, what we need is the SOL number. Do you understand turkish?

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
what is Sol number? yes i can translate a bit if you want.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Mars rovers photos catalogues are called with a number: this number (sol) is the day of the mission: if you take a look here

marsrover.nasa.gov...

you will find that there are 1436 sols (days): it's a little compolicated to find a photo if we don't know at leasT when it has been shot.
There's even an article on Daily Mail, about this news.

Life on Mars? Amazing photos from NASA probe reveal image of mystery figure on Red Planet
Last updated at 13:08pm on 22nd January 2008
Does this photograph really prove that we are not alone in the universe?
Images beamed back from Mars would suggest so - although to sceptics, it could just be a strange rock formation.
Nasa's Mars Explorer Spirit sent back images from the surface of the Red Planet four years ago, and there was initial disappointment among scientists that they lacked any signs of life.

Daily MAIL
It seems to be the same article.

[edit on 22/1/2008 by internos]

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

Oh this is nice; the photos are probably not fake then. I was little bit worried because Hurriyet is a little tabloid newspaper. Internos, what do you think about it? It seems really strange to me...

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Until I see the original NASA photo, I believe its a hoax with a bronze statue of a woman sitting down pasted on the picture. A similar example would be the Loreley statue overlooking the Rhine.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by merka

Ok, lets find togehter the SOL number then

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   

But space and science fiction enthusiasts are convinced there is more than meets the eye, and after years of studying the images, have found what appears to be an alien figure walking downhill.

Wait so the pictures or images has been around for years? And it appears to be moving? Or did I just misread the article?

Anyways, right now we can't make any conclusive decision, I think if the "figure" isn't there after the rover goes around the area, then well we know its an alien, but for now with three small images we can't tell much...

I think one interesting worth mentioning is if it is an alien, then we know it has shiny skin, kind of like a reptile skin. Man sorry for my 4th grade level sentence, but i think you guys might get th point. Anyways it makes sense if the figure has thick and dark skin, considering there's no atmosphere (i assume) so there's nothing to deflect the sunlight/radiation...

Edit: Okay so these images are really old, its been around for 4 years, or said the caption on the last image (Daily Mail)...

[edit on 22-1-2008 by skyblueff0]

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
this is the image on nasa: marsrovers.nasa.gov...

probably SOL: 1369.

i couldnt find the "alien" here, but it is the same picture on article...

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
It's the same picture with nothing changed. If you look at the third picture in the Daily Mail article you can see where it's supposed to be, you can see the area looks the same in the actual photo. There's something there that could be it, we just need to zoom in on it.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
We were just marveling over this image in another thread recently but for the life of me I can't remember in which thread it was posted.

I've done a visual search of threads by the usual suspects, but I couldn't find it.

Guess we'll have to wait until the guilty party happens upon this thread and points us to it.

I'll bet mikesingh will know...

But at any rate, it was here on ATS, before these news sources latched on to it.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Hard for me to tell what it might be with the size of the pic. Looks weird though. It could just be some deformed rock sticking up into the air, and the shadowing / angle giving it the appearence of a statue. I'd like to see a blown up image.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
This has been discussed here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Haven't read entire thread, but it did manage to raise some eyebrows. What it is, who knows.

Short post, gotta run...

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Mispost. Allready mentioned

[edit on 22-1-2008 by Lunica]

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Well it is there in the original NASA picture: photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov...

So its not a shopchop atleast. It does look a little strange, but looking at the rest of the image I see a ton of both sharp and smooth angles, with lots of intermittent shadows that plays tricks with your eyes (there is a stick figure with an erect penis in there
) it doesnt quite poke you in the eye anymore. If its an alien, it look like its melded with the rock.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I increased the image size in Photochop and here's the link:

PIA10214 Enlarged

To me, it appears to be just a depression in the ground filled with shadows. The head area is the darkest part of the shadow and the arm and hand is a rock on the surface.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
The figure is actually a rock that is not even 5m away from the rover...
It has been discussed already...[snip] won't listen, they think it is an alien....

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

Removed unecessary remark.

[edit on 23-1-2008 by elevatedone]

<<   2  3  4 >>

join