It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sculpture or alien on Mars? Interesting pictures, if real ^^

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Weird stuff

[edit on 23-1-2008 by 3vilscript]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SKUNK2

Take a look at the original NASA picture. NASA describes it as the SPIRIT perched atop a plateau overlooking the panorama. I've outlined the figure at the extreme left. Now do you still believe that it is only 5 meters (a little over 16 feet) away? No way! Those are some large rocks you are looking at on the plateau ( ). Here's a close-up of the figure with a possible second figure lying on the ground to the right (i275.photobucket.com...) and here is a possible lake or mirage in the distance in the upper right ( )

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SKUNK2

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by SKUNK2

Take a look at the original NASA picture, which they describe as taken by SPIRIT perched atop a plateau overlooking the panoramic view. I've outlined the figure at the extreme left. Now do still believe that it is only 5 meters (approx. 16 feet) away? No way! Those rocks are large. They are not pebbles (i275.photobucket.com...). Here is a close-up of the figure with a possible second figure lying on the ground to the right (i275.photobucket.com...), and here is a possible lake or mirage in the distant upper right (i275.photobucket.com...). Are these real people? Who is to say without further study? But dismissing these objects as mere rocks reflecting light and shadow is not convincing either.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Ameneter

I think the media do be reading ATS, look what Sky News says – “It was blown up and posted on a website”

They then have quotes from member’s posts.
Here is the link.

Sky News

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
This picture was just shown on Channel 10 News (about 12 minutes ago), around 5.55pm (local time), 24th Jan, Melbourne, Australia.

They previewed it as 'could this be life on Mars' before they cut to a commercial break. After the break, they gave the segment about 30 seconds or so, showing a film clip of someone called Patrick Moore being interviewed. They saved this report for the 'odd spot' just before the weather report and the end of the news.

I'm surprised that this picture has made the MSM here in Australia, especially the main nightly 5pm bulletin, when there's so much better evidence that never gets shown.

[edit on 24-1-2008 by tezzajw]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Wow, interesting stuff!

I have to agree that the media seem to be opening up to all these UFO activity.

This picture was just shown on CNN - Anderson Cooper 360 of all places!!! Here in Northern California.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw
This picture was just shown on Channel 10 News (about 12 minutes ago), around 5.55pm (local time), 24th Jan, Melbourne, Australia.

They previewed it as 'could this be life on Mars' before they cut to a commercial break. After the break, they gave the segment about 30 seconds or so, showing a film clip of someone called Patrick Moore being interviewed. They saved this report for the 'odd spot' just before the weather report and the end of the news.

[edit on 24-1-2008 by tezzajw]

Same on Channel 7 News, they had it on for about 5 seconds, in the "odd spot" too.

Mikey

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Can anyone confirm that this object is only 5metres away from the camera like many have stated?

I haven't seen any confirmation of this.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 04:33 AM
link   
only one way to clarify this

Get the mars rover to go to the exact position

Take a picture of the same area in a few weeks and compare the two.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 04:34 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 04:35 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I am laughing really hard now

One of the biggest example ignorance, and comes from a proffesor of astronomy: www.milliyet.com.tr...,424083169
Ok, it is turkish again. I will try to translate some of them.
Ignorance at his best:
-He claims that the photo is fake...(He claims that he researched all the Nasa Photos)
-He claims that there can be no life on Mars, because of pressure and heat; and after that he gives example, how a HUMAN coudnt live on Mars without special dress. (constellation of contradictions
)
and last but not least, he claims that NASA would be the first one to announce, if there be found life on Mars or anywhere else..
I just wanted to share, how a proffesor can be ignorant and liar (researched all the photos??
)

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by skyblueff0
Anyways, right now we can't make any conclusive decision, I think if the "figure" isn't there after the rover goes around the area, then well we know its an alien, but for now with three small images we can't tell much...
[edit on 22-1-2008 by skyblueff0]

I don't agree. We can tell it isn't anything more than shadow. Look, what annoys me the most about this story is that believers are being so unimaginative. Aside from the fact that it's obvious shadow effect, the only reason people find it remarkable is because it has a vaguely arm-like appendage sticking out of its "midriff". But be honest with yourselves, by the same token you may as well say that Mars is populated by dolphins as a consequence of the shadow I've marked "2" below.

Bigfoot on Mars? Do me a favour - have a search through some of the well-researched, much more interesting threads posted by the likes of Zorgon and MikeSingh on Mars anomalies and ET evidence. I may not see what they see there, either, but at least they've done their homework, and not fallen hook line and sinker for some NASA publicity stunt or space filling article from the Daily Mail.

LW

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Discovered others details from original Humanoid of Mars - original NASA image :

[img=http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/6004/marsmisteryuc5.th.jpg]
[img=http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/6913/strangemarsuk8.th.jpg]
[img=http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/70/marsobjectslh4.th.jpg]
[img=http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/4659/marshumanoidsgj3.th.jpg]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Genoa

Can you try to post it again?

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Bigfoot ? Sheesh guys, why not take the complete step and.....well, check the pic

Turtles, hands, faces...

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phil J. Fry
Bigfoot ? Sheesh guys, why not take the complete step and.....well, check the pic

good point on the rock/shadow formation comparison..
the only thing is all the other anomalies clearly look like
rocks that resemble something... this is something with
an arm, leg and a head.. that kind of looks like a rock..

Now im not saying its a 20ft tall Bigfoot.. (judging by the distance
it looks like its rather huge) but its defiantly an interesting
anomaly among a growing amount of anomalies in our little corner
of the universe...

Has anyone been able to nail down the location and try
and find another pic of the area??

NVM.. found this
the rover usually takes a quick-and-dirty version of the same panorama through its lower-resolution Navigation Cameras. The Navcam version of the panorama was captured fully three days earlier than the Pancam version and you can see that Bigfoot is in exactly the same position on sol 1,364 as it was on sol 1,367.
www.planetary.org...
so it is stationary.. now my only question would be.. were the
dirty pics taken with the nav cam at the same time of day??..
different shadows might shed some light on this..
lol pun alert..

[edit on 1/24/2008 by KATSUO]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
This was in the news yesterday and this morning. it must be a little important to have appeared on tv like that

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join