It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three signs of looming unrest

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
The most obvious thing right now is the economy. It seems to me that there is a very real danger of these problems going far beyond "recession." I will go out on a limb and say we may actually be on the brink of a global economic collapse on an unprecedented scale. Furthermore, I think it might actually start within hours, and be completely obvious within weeks.

The second observation I have made arose on another thread which I posted after some anomalous activity here on ATS. After some discussion, it seems that ATS might not actually be the problem, but that there are suddenly anomalies across the internet interrupting service to a wide range of servers. I am wondering if some clandestine system might have just been activated to seize outright control over the internet. This observation was developed at ATS Infiltrated!!!

The final observation I have is a sudden increase in local police presence, and a key tactical change. I don't think it is unusual to see a police car a few times a day when I am out and about, especially on main roads. Today however, there were cruisers everywhere. There were points where one was not yet even out of sight before the other one appeared. This went on all afternoon while I was out. Quite certainly an increase in patrols. For Martin Luther King Jr. Day? I Highly doubt it. I saw fewer cops on New Year's. In fact I have never seen so many cops. Now double that. The only police departments in the region that ride double are some of the municipal departments of the small cities that dot the riverbanks. County, State, and Town/Village Departments do not, with the ocassional exception for training purposes. Suddenly today, every single police vehicle I passed, assigned to various departments, had two cops in it. This is very strange to me, and I would know, having worn a badge up until about six months ago.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
You should have read that thread you are linking to, nothing sinister happened at all. I think you are getting a little paranoid and maybe you need to take a weeks break from all of this.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
The economy is definitely in dire straits and the government is already hinting that a recession is in progress. I still shake my head and sigh everytime I see the media sugar-coat and downplay the seriousness of the situation. Definitely a red flag.

I have also noticed the huge increase in police force in urban areas, I have seen two to three times the number of usual patrol units out in force, often pulling people over in undercover vehicles (I'm not kidding) for minor traffic violations. I am certain this is part of a nation wide proliferation in force and I'm not surprised that the local news or media has failed to adress it. The civilian populace is most definitely aware that they are living in a police state, because it's right in there face.

Really, if you listen to Alex Jones or the 'fringe' community, there isn't a single person, official, expert, etc. who HASN'T voiced their concern over what's coming our way. An orchestrated collapse of the economy and a crack-down on the entire country by authoritarian force. They're practically waving their arms in the air and screaming for people to wake up, but the media continues to cover things up with meaningless nonsense and 'soft' coverage.

Spot on thread as usual, jack.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by DraconianKing

I don't think you really read what developed in that thread I linked. It did not turn out to be what was originally suspected.

It's not paranoia when it's the truth, but of course the truth has yet to be determined.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldOver

The thing that really got me today was the cops riding doubles. This is a new thing, as of today, and is at least a county-wide shift in deployment tactics. It is quite drastic for all departments to do this at once. Furthermore, it will drastically change the role and tactics of community policing in a generally low-crime suburban environment. It really makes me wonder what I am going to wake up to tomorrow, quite literally. Especially considering my proximity to Wall Street.

Also of note, there are several Federal Parks close to me. The Rangers always rode around in well warked units. This past summer they all went to unmarked. Why would park Rangers need unmarked vehicles? These are not big parks at all. Mostly these guys are doing event control, or busting kids for breaking into soda machines.

[edit on 1/21/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Jack thanks. Very interesting. And disturbing- like we needed any more of THAT, right about now.

But seriously, to get insight like that from a former badge-wearer is worthy of serious concern. And you're in NY I see.

Are you getting that feeling like something is about to happen, like way deep down inside? Cause I am, and I don't like it one bit. Call me an alarmist (heh, wouldn't be the first time), but there are too many signs happening all at once. The elite know they've been exposed. They're pulling the plug on the markets, and now they're working on the NAU. Just like the film says.

Whatcha wanna bet that the next big false flag event in the US won't happen too close to anywhere they are putting the NAFTA superhighway?

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I think there really is cause for concern, but how immediate is really tough to tell.

Seeing the doubles today though, really just sat in the pit of my stomach, especially hearing the financial news today, which sounds even worse than recession if you ask me. It seems to be nose-diving a lot faster than even the paranoid were predicting last week.

It led me to this thought. "Do you really belive that there will be another day that will rock this nation like 9/11 did?" I answered myself "yes." Then I came to the realization that, "well, if you believe that, then at some point you will be living in the day before it actually does happen. Is today that day?"

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I have been paying attention to the news lately, and it is totally ridiculous. I would think that the news of a recession would be the main thing the "NEWS" would cover.

I also noticed that in my area there have been more police riding around. They have all three branches riding in each others cars. Local p.d., sheriffs, and state police.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Oh snap! Make that 4 signs!

I forgot all about the asteroid that's supposed to get here on the 29th.

Great. I picked a hell of a year to quit drinkin'.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by out there20

I also noticed that in my area there have been more police riding around. They have all three branches riding in each others cars. Local p.d., sheriffs, and state police.

How recent did you see the change? It's very unusual for departments to share resources like that, except in case of emergency. There are reasons there are seperate departments. They have different mandates, and different tax bases for funding.

The only exception to that I have seen is a local village who had a cruiser but no cop, so they hired on a Deputy who used the village cruiser on the night shift.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

Hello jackinthebox,
I have followed alot of your postings for the past 2 months and have grown fond of your insightful thoughts as to the state of the nation.
I do believe you are following your gut feelings and if your like me most likely you are right, I hope you are wrong, ok.
Tomorrow the American market blends into the current world responses, so lets hope for the best. But like so many others have been saying something smells fishy and my feelings are lets just hope to get thru this week coming, ok, keep posting your gut feelings and see you on the other side of the meteor, ok.
gwhint

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Is many factors that are affecting our nation lately, the economy is the biggest one even when many Americans only know about the markets when the oil or gas goes in prices and they feel it at the pump.

But we have some warning signs that something is been prepared by our government in case of a big insurrection prompt by riots due to perhaps the Markets giving up, another terrorist attack or just another pre-empty attack.

Beware that our government through so call bills and legislation has done everything it cans to be able to deal with anything in our nation that has to do with unrest by civilians.

Yes we may see no only more police specially in major cites, but also special security forces also.

We are heading for some hard times but the way it will be taken by the regular hard working Joe is one that we can only speculate and so also speculate we will be as the reaction of the government over the population.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
As always, I want to thank members for participating in one of my threads, and for sharing their insights.

There are some who have made unfavorable comments toward using "gut" feelings here on ATS. I have to agree that it might not be the best expression of critical thinking, or of true science, but I do believe it has it's place. After all, you should always go with your gut feeling some say. And even on a scientific basis, I have heard it argued that "gut" feelings may not actually be based on emotional interpretations at all, but of subconcious interpretation of data you were not aware that you even recieved or observed.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
Oh snap! Make that 4 signs!

I forgot all about the asteroid that's supposed to get here on the 29th.

Great. I picked a hell of a year to quit drinkin'.

You'll be alright on that one. It will pass us by like others have before.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I've noticed the increased police activity in the "city" (it's only Harrisburg, Pa), but not so much in the outlying areas where I live. I've also seen in the papers an increased push for more surveillance-as in cameras-in high crime areas. I've always considered this area a sleepy sort of town, but this is a bit unnerving. I'm especially worried due to my plans to attend an anti-RealID rally at a House comittee hearing this week.
I guess I won't get too concerned until the knock comes on the door to confiscate my firearms. Let 'em try.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Doh! I forgot number FIVE!

How about the History channel tonight huh? A nice little show called Doomsday 2012 followed up by the premiere of Life After People.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I miss the good ol' days when town cops would try to help you out if you had a problem. Even if there wasn't really much they could do.

For example, my girlfriend's little sister had a boyfriend who wouldn't give her back a few hundred dollars worth of stuff that he happened to have in his car when they broke up. Things that were clearly hers too, not like disputeable property. Pink electronic gadgets, some of her clothes, etc. Then on top of that he starts giving her a hard time. Nothing too extreme, but just doing what he could to upset her without really "crossing the line."

So I called the local police station that had juridstiction. Now I knew that there wasn't really much they could do legally, but I was hoping to get a little community action from them here. You know, basically cop goes over and tells the kid to give the girl her stuff back and to leave her alone. But no. Local PD tells me "We can't help you. This is a matter for civil court."
Then they write me a ticket for overdue inspection. Your tax dollars at work. No wonder this country is going down the tubes. "Thanks a lot there T-1000!"

[edit on 1/22/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
jack you see this yet?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
There are some who have made unfavorable comments toward using "gut" feelings here on ATS. I have to agree that it might not be the best expression of critical thinking, or of true science, but I do believe it has it's place. After all, you should always go with your gut feeling some say. And even on a scientific basis, I have heard it argued that "gut" feelings may not actually be based on emotional interpretations at all, but of subconcious interpretation of data you were not aware that you even recieved or observed.

Exactly right. Calling it a gut feeling is neither here nor there but an overall feeling of unease is OFTEN, in a sane person, a sign that a number of small clues overlooked by the conscious mind are being put together in your head in the downtime between deliberate actions you are taking. Sooner or later you have the space and time to sit and NOT think (not sit and think, sit and NOT think) and with that extra processing power you free up -BAM. The pieces fall closer into place and an answer clicks another step closer.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
TOO FREAKY!!!!!!!!!

I just posted there, like literally 30 seconds ago. I was about to log off and stumbled on it!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join