It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jehovah is an Evil God!!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated

Originally posted by XcLuciFer

Originally posted by MurderCityDevil
reply to post by Ironclad

but remember to some, jesus is not a religion, he is a saviour

The Roman Empire made him a saviour. He was teaching something else all together. Thats why they killd him!

You got that all wrong brother. The Roman Empire did not "kill him". The Roman person in charge "washed his hands" of the killing of him. This represents that he did it in according to the Jewish leaders desire over the Roman Empire laws. The Roman Empire found nothing wrong with his teachings. Actually they enjoyed the teachings.

I never said the Roman Empire killed him. I'm referring Emperor constantine rewriting of the Bible, the twisting of the teachings that happen 345 AD if my memory serves me.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   

reply to post by runetang

Wow, I see so your God is a Dictator and you are ok with that, I will never bow to any being that share the same Characteristics as a Hitler. You don't mind being a slave, if you truely believe what you wrote and you are ok with that then thats exactly what you are a slave. Ok thats fine, how can I argue with a believer, thats the probablem in our world today we have a whole lot of believers, and very few that know.

You partially right. But it is impossible to "know" until you die, so yes there are very few that know, make that none! Heheh.

I am not saying I like the fact that people were killed by the ancient Israelites in order to conquer the promised land. Yes, they were idolators and wicked men in many other ways besides idolatry. So these that were slain, however unfortunate it is when people are slain, were according to the Jewish religion and histor wicked people and that God had specific reasons for promising that land to the descendants of Jacob. Sure, he wanted a place for the believers to be, but perhaps he also wanted the land removed of all Idolaters and wicked men? I mean, lets look at how angry/jealous God became when the Israelite tribes themselves turned to Idolatry and wickedness, just as the inhabitants of the land before them that they drove out! So they are conquered and exiled, just like they did to those before them. It is simply chronicled in the books of the Old Testament to tell the story of the "rise and fall" of the tribes soto speak. It is like a lesson for believers not to fall into Idolatry, however sneaky or innocent it may be.

I'm not saying it was just God that motivated the Israelites to drive out the Idolaters. As I said, back then the rule of the day was the blade, and killing and conquering was every day business for your average wicked human. If it is the norm already, it wouldnt be seen as too terribly wrong or even bad of God to tell them to drive out the Idolaters and settle in the land. As I said, they didnt go on crusades across the middle east killing Idolaters, they just cleared out the promised land for themselves. Had they not done it, some other power would've come along and done it.

Nowadays, things are a bit different. and likewise, God is going to treat humans appropriately based on the time in which we are living. Think of it as dumbing yourself down to explain something to someone who has no idea what you are talking about. Well God has been dumbing himself down to our level ever since we existed. If our level is random violence and killing, God knows he cant change that in a single day, to do so would be the removal of free will, the most important/cherished gift of creation. God is going to speak to the people in their own language is what im trying to say. If violence is unheard of, God is not going to suggest it. If the order of the day is to shout obsenities until the other person cries and leaves, then that is how God would've instructed the Israelites to conquer the promised land.

[edit on 1/18/2008 by runetang]

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
if the bible was written hundreds of years afta jesus death why did they split it in to books mathew, luke etc if it was all word of mouth?

and is mohammed satan who has fooled many into thinking hes god and started the war between good and evil?

no disrespect to islam we all believe in different things.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkweave
Yeah, what are your beliefs? Whats your ideas on where our existence sprang from? Enlighten us, those who follow a creator and the others that drift on a sea of ideas without ever hitting a particular shore of firm ground to place their feet on.

LOL I don't know what the true God is I haven't reached that level of intellect, I don't claim to be able to understand that which has created the Universe, I think that the beings talked about in all the Holy books are Aliens not Gods, advanced beings that don't have or best intrest in mind. So many past judgement here, claim to know so much. If animals had the same intellect as we do how do you think they would feel about humans that steal their eggs, Hunt them for sport, test chemicals and all kinds of things on them while they are powerless crying in a cage. Do think they would see you as Good Gods or an Evil Devils? You never give it a second thought cause you believe they are stupid animals, I hope the day never comes when we become the stupid animals crying in those cages!!

[edit on 1/18/2008 by XcLuciFer]

[edit on 1/18/2008 by XcLuciFer]

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
do u think animals r enlightened and live simple lives on purpose as technology just generates curiosity and disasters? we think there inferior because they dont understand us but we dont understand them? like the new dark matter created on earth do you think messing round with nano tecnology could create a black hole? and do you think science and religion are both correct they just name stuff different things?

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD

I don't understand why you think you know, what proof do you have beside that of the Roman Empire story.

I just got onto someone yesterday for this. If you ask a question regarding the Christian God, Christian theology, and Christian Bible, then expect the topic of conversation and answers to be targeted to this. You brought up the topic of discussion and quoted Bible verses- not me. So to turn around now and say "prove it" is irrelevant. You are the one that took your questions from the Bible and started the discussion concerning the alleged cruelty of the Judeo-Christian God.

I'm not going to make a thread asking about the attributes of Zeus when I do not believe he is real and then tell someone who answers me to prove their answer. As far as I'm concerned, he doesn't exist so why I would be remotely concerned with their proof? I asked a question because I'm curious. Not to be ridiculous. Unfortunately, this is exactly what skeptics do. They don't want an honest answer. It's just another chance to argue. They try to "evangelize" to us in a round about way thinking they're going to poke holes in our beliefs. It's not going to happen.

Just because I've never seen a UFO I cannot tell someone who has that they do not exist. Just because you do not know God, you cannot tell someone who does that He does not exist. You cannot tell someone who has seen an angel that angels do not exist. See where I'm going with this? You haven't seen it so it must all be silliness. If you want to know something, then ask. For curiosity's sake. If you ask a question then turn the tables by saying prove it, your underlying motives have now been exposed. You don't really want to know- you just want to debunk Christianity.

People have been trying to over 2,000 years. It's not going to happen.

Ash I don't want to make you look foolish again, I never asked you anything about your religion, their is no question mark there in that quote, why would I when I clearly know more about it then you do, you want go over the Holy Trinity that you claim was super easy to explain again, don't make me school you sweetheart!!!

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by runetang

You partially right. But it is impossible to "know" until you die, so yes there are very few that know, make that none! Heheh.

No thats not true, there are people that know.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by XcLuciFer

Nice words, coming from one whose avatar indicates satan or at least, one of its minions. Are you actually aware that satan demands the death of any that leaves its Lie?

God the Creator (who is not Allah) gives a choice and consequences; satan demands obedience or death. And its demands keep growing.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Well that's sounds exactly like something the God that the OP posted would do.

Follow me or die.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   

And, of course, satan loves to torture as far as possible as much as possible before killing.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to my post above

id like your opinions?

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by boredguy
do u think animals r enlightened and live simple lives on purpose as technology just generates curiosity and disasters? we think there inferior because they dont understand us but we dont understand them? like the new dark matter created on earth do you think messing round with nano tecnology could create a black hole? and do you think science and religion are both correct they just name stuff different things?

I think animal are in touch with the earth and understand how to live in harmony with their environment. We don't understand them because we have lost that connection with the earth and everything around us. I think that we are the highest creation on the earth, but something has interfered with us geneticaly. Science and religion has made us lazy, very few bothers to look for any of the answers on their own, its so much easyer to let some one else do the work and let them tell you about. The problem with that is there comes a time when you are so dependent on others to do the work that you become a ignorant animal that can easyly be lead, like a sheep, to slaughter, sheepple..

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by J.Smit

Nice words, coming from one whose avatar indicates satan or at least, one of its minions. Are you actually aware that satan demands the death of any that leaves its Lie?

God the Creator (who is not Allah) gives a choice and consequences; satan demands obedience or death. And its demands keep growing.

This is the kind of nonsense that can't go on....

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
sheep intresting......the lord is my shepard?

implies that we have a meaning is that how jess got followers becase human dependicy on meaning or is that why we seek meaning?

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
What a joke, why dont you read the the Bible and then decide if God is loving. You just went and picked a few passages to suit your thread and and base your whole argument on that? Like I said WHAT A JOKE! Should I post a ton of passages that speak of love and peace?

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Jehovah is heavy enough [ He cannot deny His justice] to condemn you to eternal death for the original sin but merciful enough to revoke that sentence by His own innocent death
--all for your companionship through eternity!
because He is a God of Love and loved us enough to redeem us on the cross as predicted in the scriptures
y
ps .. if you cought a glimpse of Hell you would be paralyzed with fear

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by bakednutz
What a joke, why dont you read the the Bible and then decide if God is loving. You just went and picked a few passages to suit your thread and and base your whole argument on that? Like I said WHAT A JOKE! Should I post a ton of passages that speak of love and peace?

most are from the old testament is that why jesus came to clarify his meaning of love, compassion and peace.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   

No it's not a joke the OT isn't suppossed to be in the bible.

Jesus would've never been killed if he agreed 100% with it.

It would've been like "hey look at that guy he believes everything we do he's alright with us".

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   

I'm sorry but the God of the Universe, I know, is beyond anything written in any book. How arogant can we be claiming to know God and we don't even know ourselves. Stop denying your ignorance!!!!

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   

I'm sorry but the God of the Universe, I know, is beyond anything written in any book. How arogant can we be claiming to know God and we don't even know ourselves. Stop denying your ignorance!!!!

What? My ignorance? Im confused. Its your thread. You are claiming these things as well sir.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join