It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone getting bad vibes

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
If this is in the wrong forum please move to the correct area, thanks.

I am getting vibes that aren't all that good and I can only hope they pass. I know the stock market took a hit but I don't see where it is all that drastic that Bush is getting this money to pass around so fast, WHY????

Our government doesn't normally work this fast so what's up? Why is Bernacki (sp) on TV and all this talk so fast about recession and Bush ready to hand out several hundred dollars from what I hear to people.

I don't know, things just are giving me a uneasy feeling, a real uneasy feeling..is anyone else watching and getting the same feelings.

I think something is up but I can't put a finger on it can any of you?

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I second that

I think these cash infusions of the money markets at the federal level are a bad sign but I feel like they are only going to make things worse in the long run
after all you can't put a band aid on a puncture wound and expect it to make things all better

Respectfully
GEO

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Yes, definately something in the air these past few weeks, generaly is most of the time, although I usualy find that when I have these feelings it is down to something of a more personal basis, or closer to home.

I would'nt lose too much sleep though, I doubt there will be much any of us will be able to do about 'any' impending doom scenario.

Just take care all.

Regards S_G

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
People come here and post these feelings every week, it's normal.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I just watched Bush talk and just watching Cheney behind him... gave me the willies. The Treasury Secretary Paulson and how they want to get the money out with speed??????

I don't think things are so bad that they have come to this, "so fast", it doesn't make sense to me. I feel like we are having our attention deverted from something they don't want us paying attention to.

Your right there are a lot of threads like this and I don't mean for it to become one of those but, I am just sensing something isn't right and was wondering if anyone else is feeling like this at this time.

Maybe I'm PMSing, can old ladies PMS.

Like this morning I turn on my computer and see Bin Laden's son's face on main screen and that he wants to do good and all I see is the Anti-Christ

[edit on 18-1-2008 by observe50]

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I don't think a piddley amount of money doled-out is going to help our economy whatsoever. It 'might' give a temporary boost, but not enough. People are losing their homes, going bankrupt, and high gas prices. I don't think purchasing a flashy car or a diamond ring is on their agenda.
I think your right observe50.... Somethings coming down and it doesn't smell very good.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I'm keeping me eyes and ears peeled to see if I pick up on anything. I hope this passes soon ..........

[edit on 18-1-2008 by observe50]

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
its weird how long Ive been here and how many posts just like this ive come across and read and yet no imminent doom

maybe i should just go back to lurking

bad feelings can stem from anxiety. depression, stress

anything

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
MurderCityDevil's quote,

bad feelings can stem from anxiety. depression, stress

Well, I don't have anxiety, depression or stress MurderCityDevil. I'm just calling it, as I see it! Like observe50. By the way, your username speaks for itself.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by MountainStar

its an old band i really like, not my personality

its like a cover, theres more to the book than the title

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Your right there are threads like this but I have been observing many different things and just watching the way everything is being broadcasted and sitting back and taking a look at it, many things do not make sense.

My mind asks, what going on..... it doesn't make sense. I'm getting vibes that are signaling something might not be all that it's supposed to be and I simply was wondering is others here at ATS are sensing the same thing.

I'm sorry but this speedy package they are getting out just seems like why? what's up that is so bad. We have had many times worst then this day and nothing was done so why now?

I believe our economy has been in worst situations, don't you and they let it work itself through for awhile they didn't give speedy package deals.

I just believe we should keep a check on everything.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
me i think they have gave little boost over and over trying to correct the econmy but the housing has changed from a bubble to volcano erupting. make people feel rich by increasing the value of there home in return boosting there credit boost the econmy. buy new houses buy new furniture pots pans etc. then fix it with mass immigration to fill the old homes with illegal aliens then legalize them. boost keeps going. as americans we stopped there amensty stopping them from filling the homes that were being moved out of as americans moved into bigger homes. illegals just didnt fill homes they started new businesses all the spainish stores you see. the housing just didnt build a bubble in houses it built a bubble on credit cards for stuff to put in new houses.
so the housing bubble hurts more than just housing.furniture stores supply stores nicknack stores on and on. also our housing problems have been going on long enough to start to effect china and there the ones filling stores with all the stuff people buy. china is the one loaning bush the money to keep the wars going. bush just said draw down the troops. not because bush has decided the wars going better but because china said the flow is going to stop. bush loves having troops so close to iran. he can keep wars going with troops in warzones. and cheny he loves to play god with the world nickname darth vader.
and remeber the goverment is allways a month behind whats going on in the econmy.so if there doing this now its because how bad it was last month.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
With it being January it is hard for me to think that December was bad. The housing at the end of the year always sucks because people are shopping for Christmas.

If you look at the prices they charged in the last two years for homes it was uncalled for. I saw houses that were disgusting and selling for a half million dollars. I wouldn't have wanted them if given to me.

What needs to be done is the Realtor's need a spanking and told they are bad boys and girls. The houses they are producing aren't worth what they ask for and the older homes are priced way above there value that's why people are screwed.

I bought a house in a poor neighborhood. I paid top dollar and I will never make a cent on this place but I bought it because I fell in love with the old place and I didn't want anyone else living in the house that I felt was meant for me.

With this money that they give out people are going to be all over the board with what they are going to do with it. Give me a boost of say 800.00 dollars (I am women) and I am going to run out and spend 2 grand.

My point is why so fast I don't think it is that bad yet and I think we have been in tougher times and nothing was done.

I don't know I just feel this is going to be the first of many things in the next several months that don't make sense.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Actually, one can not help but get bad vibes reading all the threads that run through this site. If you continually feed yourself a dose of doom, gloom, conspiracies, etc., you can not help but acquire a "feeling" of uncertainty and uneasiness.

And before someone answers the obvious response of, "Well, then, don’t be reading these threads," that is the obvious solution, yes. But, I do seriously believe that this is where some of the bad vibes come from, but that isn't to say what is being posted thread after thread is wrong. Just trying to point to a possible source.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
This is the first time in my life that I can not visualize one of the candidates for US President actually sitting in the White House.

It seems like the party in power has always fought so hard to keep it, but this time I don't sense any anxiousness for the loss of that power. It was either Iowa or New Hampshire where Bush was asked if he was going to stay up and wait for the results, and he said he didn't care and went to bed.

Above I state intuition, but below is happening now.

Very, very weak dollar, home sales are awful, banks needing cash, the sub-prime lenders problems, forclosures at all time highs, housing starts down 14%, Bushville tent cities in California popping up, 9/11 being discussed in the Japanese Parliment as foul play, so why wouldn't there be an un-easy feeling building. These are real things that are not made up out of paranoia.

As they say, something's got to give.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I have a vague understanding of all the moves that the politicians are trying to make to steady public opinions about the economy.

Observe,
I feel a similar feeling as you do. I have been feeling that 'feeling' since Bush II was originally decreed 'President' by the Supreme Court. Then as Bush II settled into office, we never saw him, never heard from him, and my fears subsided. Then 9-11 happened, as I watched the footage from impact to collapse, I instantly felt what many have voiced here, "Inside Job". But the stifling climate of Propaganda-Patriotism and 'with us or against us' politics and policy, many felt silenced in the face of WMD lies in Iraq, and the methods Bush II wanted to use to 'get them'.

I also felt that 'feeling' watching the 2004 Presidential campaigns where Kerry refused to get tough in any of the debates, per his Skull & Bones membership, and then conceded defeat without even listening to the solid evidence supporting recounts. I have felt the 'feeling' everyday that Bush II burns more borrowed wealth on an illegal war while the citizens scramble to stretch 15 cents into a dollar, and that dollar into ten to cover their over stretched credit debts.

This is not to say that I am a Bush-basher, or whatever partisan catch-phrase people use these days, I was just too naive to pay attention to what the Clintons or Bush I did, so long as it didn't reach the headlines. It is only recently that the illusion of 'Leadership' has been shattered by the realization that these people do not care one bit about their fellow citizens, and only about trying to create some bull mularky legacy.

I also don't want you to think that I am belittling your 'feeling' that you are having about recent events. I rely on my fellow ATSers' to shoulder some of the burden of the 'feeling' and also keep me informed and up to date. From what you are saying, as are the others, that this time things are off a bit more than usual with the speed at which things are moving.

So thanks for keeping aware, and intuitive.
DocMoreau

PS... When did Congress 'get back'? Could the 'speed' be accounted for a downward turn during recess? And they are trying to play catch up to help bankroll the Xmas Credit crunch? Looking around a bit more, it all does seem a bit fast and a bit misplaced....

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I have been having bad Vibes now for the past 3 years and each year it gets worse. Oh well I suppose sooner or latter I will find out what these vibes are all about. But I do have to wonder why GW is giving out cash to people seeing how much debt we already have why give the US people money?

Hilda

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by jdposey

That is true but untrue at the same time, I have found news on here before you even see it on CNN so to me I get the real news before the news.

Hilda

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Indigestion can do terrible things to you. Stay calm, whatever it is will pass.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by observe50

Work this fast? Are you serious? This problem has been looming since late 2005 and grew to serious in 2006-2007. What you're seeing here is the government's typical management style. Miss all the warning signs and then do something useless when it's too late. Think Katrina and FEMA driving ice around the country for several weeks.

Our government is inept. Or criminally negligent.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join