It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran defiant after Israeli missile test

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Iran defiant after Israeli missile test

www.reuters.com

Israel tested a missile on Thursday, prompting Iran to vow retaliation if the Jewish state carried out recent veiled threats to launch strikes, possibly atomic, against Tehran's nuclear facilities.

Israel is widely assumed to have nuclear warheads and missiles able to hit Iran. It gave no details of the trial. A defense official said it was "not just flexing its muscles", three days after Prime Minister Ehud Olmert pledged to consider "all options" to prevent Iran building nuclear weapons.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
And so it begins?
After bush's visit, the israeli's test fire a missile that MAY be capable of carrying a nuclear warhead.

The visit by bush is starting to look suspiciously like ganging up on iran to warn them against retaliation and to prepare the region for the violence which looks like starting.

There have been ample warnings about this and indeed it looks like this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com... held more than a grain of truth.

Start building those shelters and painting your windows white - this could be a bumpy ride - especially with russia's involvement in iran.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

someone Change the channel.
its becoming a soap opera for crying out loud

Iran threatens the zionest regieme off the face of the planet
Israel then threatens to do the same with Iran/Syria
etc

and the circle continues
now we just have to wait for a Iranian Test followed by Israel again

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

It seems that way doesn't it - but check this thread out and things start to really make sense and start to look scary as well.

It looks like this plan has been in place for quite a while.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
All right there has been a ton of us on this board speculating that a major confrontation between the US and Iran is right around the corner. I wish something would happen already to kick this off, because the anticipation is getting to me. Granted I don't want any kind of confrontation, but I do think that one has been planned for sometime now, and we are sitting here waiting for the powers that be to execute their plans.

I guess it's back to wait and see...

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Uh yeah that makes the old butt pucker a little there, seems a pretty convienient coincidence. Well I guess if we arent plunged into nuclear war, I guess I will have to start learning to speak Russian or Chinese? That is what scares me the most, russia has stated a number of times to not attack Iran. I am not saying we should Russia or China dictate other countries policies, but neither should the US. But time and time again we have continued to do just that, and it makes me sick.

As an American it is becoming painfully obvious that are country is in serios peril. I honestly feel like someone bound and gagged watching my wife get raped or something, I just feel absolutely powerless.

We have been taught throughout our life to fear our government, dont ask questions little boy just do what you are supposed to or we will ruin you. Jesus is that the way this country is supposed to be? Hell damn no, our government is suppsed to fear us, they are supposed to answer to us, not the other way around. How much, how much are people going to put up with until they say ENOUGH!

I am not very old, but I have done my part to help destroy this country. I, like a lot of other people turned to material possesion, and thought, hey as long as I have this nice house, this, that, etc etc, everything will be ok. I woke up, but I woke up too late now I guess it is time to reap the seeds we have sown. I guess it is time to get right with god, and get ready for hell cause I think it is around the corner. Scary times we live in indeed.

[edit on 17-1-2008 by gunner36]

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Israel said earlier in the week that they "reject no options" in dealing with what they see as Irans nuclear ambitions, which really is a bit rich when you think about it - just google NPT israel - Iran though DID sign the NPT.

With the backing of the US, Israel is always going to be as militant as they can.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by gunner36

I feel about the same way, I have to say it. I am 40 years old now and I have seen this country go down hill so fast its pitiful. But we do fear our government. I watched CNN yesterday and saw where Bush will not allow for the polar bears to be on the endangered list because that would mean that we could no longer drill for oil in Alaska. All the pipelines would have to be removed and he refuses to do that. Which one is more important? Polar bears or OIL? Then they were talking about whales and dolphins beaching themselves to get away from the radar of subs, Bush said they will still do there radar even during the Migration of the whales and basicly screw the whales and sea life. It seems to me that Bush is pushing it a bit to far.

But we sit back and allow it day after day. If he had government people come in and take our kids from us would we still allow this? yeppers because we are to afraid to stand up to the piece of crap government we have.

Hilda

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 04:52 AM
link   
I'm going to make a bold prediction,
Israel will attack Iran within 6 months, with US backing

Which gives me a bit of time

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by hildar

Well I would have to say that if they came and took my kid that would definitely be the final straw. I would either prevent that, or I would be going to see Jesus. Bush has proven time and time again that he doesnt give two craps about what we want. he is going to do what he wants, I guess we have to remember this is the guy that said, "it would be easier if it were a dictatorship, as long as I was the dictator". This is going to be an awful situation if it happens, the begining of the end. Keep your powder dry and your loved ones close.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   
sorry wrong thread!

[edit on 19-1-2008 by kangjia57]

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by budski
I'm going to make a bold prediction,
Israel will attack Iran within 6 months, with US backing

Which gives me a bit of time

I'm with you on that, budski. I don't know about the six months, but check this out from a year ago, in this post from this ATS thread:

Thanks for that link marcopolo. That right there just tied it all in for me. Israel bombed Osirak at a time when the US supported Saddam. In other words, AGAINST US interests. They did it in their interests, and to heck with the US.

IMO, only the foolhardy at this point would believe that Israel would not dare attack Iran's nuclear facilities alone. You're damn straight they would. It's just that this time, Israel's interests happen to coincide with Bush's in eliminating or reducing the "supposed" threat from an advancing Iranian nuclear program.

And now it is absolutely painfully obvious to me what is happening this time around: Bush ain't going into Iran! Israel is! We're just gonna ride shotgun in case Iran has anything to say about it!...

If this happens, it will spark a wave of anti-Israeli and anti-American sentiment, and retaliation, that the world has never seen.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

No we don't.

If you will remember, Iran has ALREADY done some missile testing:
Syrian Missle Tests

Where as this did occur in Syria, it was loaded with Iranian "observers"

(the lol is for Iranians being observers, not their deaths)

Iran tests missile:
Iranian
Missile Tests

My point is Iran has done missile testing in 2007-several sources listed- who are they to tell a country that they have repeatly threatened, they can not do missile tests???

Another source

I would also like to put ATS posts on the subject (more references)
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 1/19/2008 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I just have a bad feeling something is going to happen over there to start another war. And when it happens we will be right in the middle of it all.

Hilda

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Not only that, others could be involved too.

Think about Russian, China and maybe even Indian and or Pakistani

These are all nuclear powers and I seriously worry about Russia and Pakistan (especially if museum radicals take over in Pakistan.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vinadetta
All right there has been a ton of us on this board speculating that a major confrontation between the US and Iran is right around the corner. I wish something would happen already to kick this off, because the anticipation is getting to me. Granted I don't want any kind of confrontation, but I do think that one has been planned for sometime now, and we are sitting here waiting for the powers that be to execute their plans.

I guess it's back to wait and see...

I jut want to say that I often feel like the political machines of the world "catapult the propaganda" continually to the masses to CREATE a general belief that some action is UNDENIABLY going to occur thus creating a kind of consent on the part of the people. In this case it would be war with Iran.

If you ask me the majority of US citizens do not want more war. In fact i is my most sincere belief that killing one another is fundamentally in-human.

Because of this reality the powers that be continually feed information into the publics collective conscious to create a perception of unavoidable destiny, and although the people still do not WANT to see this thing come to pass, through conditioning they have come to accept the action.

I m not trying to say this is the TRUTH, but it is my view of the truth. I could be way off. I offer this response to your post and to this thread in general to remind people - we do have the power to shape our collective destiny - we do not need to blindly accept the reality that those who control powerful means of manipulating the publics collective conscious.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
Not only that, others could be involved too.

Think about Russian, China and maybe even Indian and or Pakistani

These are all nuclear powers and I seriously worry about Russia and Pakistan (especially if museum radicals take over in Pakistan.

Yeah imagine that!!
Museum radicals in control of Pakistan!!

No more discounted rates for senior citizens and military personnel.
School curriculum must include regular trips to the museums.
Everyone must spend 2 years in compulsory museum service!

ROTFLOL!!!

Jokes apart, what makes the Israel missile test 'surprising' is that fact that they are NOT known to do such things(ballistic missile tests) in the glare of the public. They have always liked to place a layer(veil) of ambiguity/secrecy over their strategic capabilities:
nukes, long range missiles etc..
Apparently this is not the case anymore

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Unfortunately radicals taking over Pakistan means they would have many nuclear weapons, that is not funny.

IMO, they would be happy to use them on anyone and everyone.

Hear that India???

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I think Israel is getting very tired of the problems with Gaza and threats from Iran. I would not be surprised to see them bomb Iran any day. Israel may have some tricks up her sleeve, Like a few B-1s or something. All Israels problems are coming from Iran so we will see what happens. They may just cut the head off of the snake.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Gives Iran some time to get ready some of its missiles to send to Israel
the only question is will Israel be retarded enough to start a fight where it knows it going to lose alot in,

seeing the size of Israel it would be easy to neutralize.
same goes with Iran.

Iran and Israel will both be losers

it all depends which country will start this off with the first strike.
and Israel seem to be flexing more muscle then Iran

top topics

<<   2 >>

join