It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is There A Conspiracy Of Atheists To Overthrow Christianity?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by melatonin

Melatonin,
Religious beliefs make no sense to the non-believer. Whereas, they make perfect sense to the believer. Before I became spiritually born-again, I had a lot of problems with the bible. Now, all that is changed. I completely understand now.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Well, hopefully after being 'born-again', you'll mature into a rational individual with time and experience

cheers.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Thank you Melatonin.
I strive daily for that. each day is agrowing experience, but I am well aware that I have not arrived yet.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I hear all of your valid points sizzle I think its a very important discussion/topic. However many people seem to be drivin into the hate towards Christianity. Many things are blamed on Christianity from non-believers prior to the awareness of being born a sinner. Alot of people make judgements on somebody just mainly for the fact that they believe there is a Creator and that we arent an accident as human beings.

I however, feel that the World Elite, U.S government, Federal Government and Council on Foreign Relations all partake of future plans which involve removing Church from State like always. We are seeing these exercises daily. From whether we can pray in elementary/highschool/other branches of school districts to whether we can take Holy Bibles to class.

This nation was based on certain principles, things that were meant to be. Free and Independent. Then again, were still under a surge of shadow governments which want completely otherwise.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Just wanted you all to know that I am trying to give the creation vs. evolution theory a fair shake. Was just doing some research and came across something interesting. I like it because it could be satisfactory to both sides. It takes 5 days to get the complete course on this subject that I have signed up for. So I will share with you what I have so far.

Part 1: Einstein's Big Blunder

Elizabeth,

100 years ago this year, Albert Einstein published
three papers that rocked the world. These papers
proved the existence of the atom, introduced the
theory of relativity, and described quantum
mechanics.

Pretty good debut for a 26 year old scientist, huh?

His equations for relativity indicated that the universe
was expanding. This bothered him, because if it was
expanding, it must have had a beginning and a beginner.
Since neither of these appealed to him, Einstein introduced
a 'fudge factor' that ensured a 'steady state' universe,
one that had no beginning or end.

But in 1929, Edwin Hubble showed that the furthest
galaxies were fleeing away from each other, just as the
Big Bang model predicted. So in 1931, Einstein embraced
what would later be known as the Big Bang theory, saying,
"This is the most beautiful and satisfactory explanation
of creation to which I have ever listened." He referred
to the 'fudge factor' to achieve a steady-state universe
as the biggest blunder of his career.

As I'll explain during the next couple of days,
Einstein's theories have been thoroughly proved and
verified by experiments and measurements. But there's
an even more important implication of Einstein's discovery.
Not only does the universe have a beginning, but time
itself, our own dimension of cause and effect, began
with the Big Bang.

That's right -- time itself does not exist before
then. The very line of time begins with that creation
event. Matter, energy, time and space were created
in an instant by an intelligence outside of space
and time.

About this intelligence, Albert Einstein wrote
in his book "The World As I See It" that the harmony
of natural law "Reveals an intelligence of such
superiority that, compared with it, all the
systematic thinking and acting of human beings is
an utterly insignificant reflection."

He went on to write, "Everyone who is seriously
involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced
that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe--
a spirit vastly superior to that of man, and one in
the face of which we with our modest powers must feel
humble."

Pretty significant statement, wouldn't you say?

Stay tuned for tomorrow's installment: "Bird Droppings
on my Telescope."

Respectfully Submitted,

Perry Marshall

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by topsecretombomb

This is some of the things that are of concern to me as well as many other Christians. One of our base freedoms was meant to guarantee the freedom of religion.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   
although do not see myself as an Athiest......I believe in the true high god.
I am totaly against religion.....gods cool ...religion is not

[edit on 16-1-2008 by Maya432]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maya432
although do not see myself as an Athiest......I believe in the true high god.
I am totaly against religion.....gods cool ...religion is not

Exactly Maya432! But I felt that it would be useless to bring that up, because a non-believer rarely understands the difference. Jesus addressed the matter of religiosity. And it was not in a positive manner. Thanks!

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by AncientVoid

Originally posted by sizzle
The links to Atheist websites that have been introduced in these topic threads, are frightening. They seem to be trying to incite some type of action against believers of Christianity. Is this really necessary?

Why are you bring that stuff into this forum? You don't see me bringing stuff from a relioious website and start saying "look at this!". There's already enough of it on ATS.

Ill tell them why,, as I would agree AtheistVoid, I too wouldn't want anyone to see what you know is truely going on or as sam harris says, to use stealth staying under the radar to destroy religion.

I must say however, that I think we Christians owe a debt of gratitude to the Atheist agenda because it will make Christians get their act together. It lights a fire in us that will recast the Christian in the spiritual, intellectual, and physical shape they are going to need to see this through.

Most Christians have no idea what you Atheists are up to. I do.

I have been a very very naughty fundie, I attend the Ateist org meetings in my city, I read everything I can get my hands on, from Dawkins to Hitchins.

I have seen and heard what would shock most of these Christians to think it was even happening. I think you will be delighted with how the Christian rises to the occasion of intellectual debate. I think it's time Christians got an eye full of just whats in store for them. I may even offend them myself with some of the ideas we have been discussing the past 5 or 6 months.

Their usual timidity and lack of preparation, willingness to turn the other cheeck afraid if they don't one of you atheists will call them on their un christian like demeanor. I know who you are and you know who I am.

I think the first thing I have to get Christians to understand that it is NOT who you are that is holding us back but who we THINK you're not.

That, with all due respect to my sister in Christ sissler, she is about to get a crash course in old school spiritual warfare. You see sissler what you are dealing with here are not those Christ came to save.

They are not of the elect, they are Reprobates and I suggest from now on you resist becoming a fundamentalist Christian,,

and be a MILITANT Chris·tol·o·gist, I suggest you no longer apologise for allegations that you think you are better because you are a Christian by instinctivley modifying your demeanor to demure then the meaner. If they give you the "Christian reputation for kindness" to live up to, see this as it is, them asking for a double standard while you are being mocked with a venomous vitriolic vernacular which distracts your concentration

Let it out,, let it shine and let GOD in deeper then you have ever before because honey,, I don't think I have to tell you,, HE IS GOING BALLISTIC.

You want to first know whoo they are what they believe in (or think they do)
what they have planned for not just us but Religion in general. It is why you will soon see radical extremists asking us if they can join us as they have known much longer then us naive Christians

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Conspiriology

Trying to avoid a one-liner here,
But I am listening. Inform me.
Also, thank you for your input here.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maya432
Is There A Conspiracy Of Atheists To Overthrow Christianity?

God I hope so. (no Pun intended)

Religion is a prison. a prison for your soul.
A reason to WAR
A way to separate us/divide us.
Pit us againts each other.
A reason to kill
to control with fear
I`m sorry if I`m stomping on your believes.
its not your fault ...I was fooled too.
and so were/are billions of others.

the only way for the people of earth to live as one is to
DROP all the RELIGIOUS B.S.

time for us to grow out of the farytale...and realize
there is no SANTA.

I know I am being very harsh but the ones who control the
main religions are the same ones who keep
killing our world with war after war mass killings after mass killings
through out all of known history..

how much longer do we have to keep behaving like children.
wake up world .

religion and the whole concept of religion is an evil mechanism .

never have I seen such a thing that is capable of so much death and suffering then that of religion.

ps. having said all that,
I believe in god
and I believe that we are all god.
and we are all one .

O, really?
1. The most people in world history were killed by atheists.
2. The most wars in world history were non-religious.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 06:30 AM
link   

O, really?

Now thats a big statement. If its your personal opinion so be it. Fact ? please back it up with evidence !

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Is there a conspiracy, etc., etc., etc. Atheists don't need a conspiracy. With wobbleheads like Bush and Huckabee around, Christians are doing fine with accelerating their own extinction. Why mess with a good thing? Besides, it's been so entertaining.

[edit on 1/16/2008 by Anatomic Bomb]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Anatomic Bomb

if bush is a christian,
i am an atheist.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by sizzle

To put it simple .. I like your idea, but the people want nothing of it. The Atheists and other people who get their kicks out of debating Christians and Christianity on ATS prefer to do so. It is not just some misunderstanding. On the Faith and Theology forum, I put up a blunt and direct request to all people who wanted to, including Atheists and Agnostics, to stop fighting each other over these topics by making a reply. By making a reply to the thread, the person would in affect stop starting fights, but also not join into them, no matter how tempted.

This request was for the obvious. You can't make real progress, positive progress, unless there is some form of consensus. It becomes extremely dfficult to talk about anything related without getting fighters and joksters in your thread, arbitrarily making off topic statements like "Jesis is teh Sun" while you may be trying to seriously explain something. So anyway, most of the more respect Atheists replied and said they wanted to turn down the offer, that they honestly preferred the debating and fighting, regardless that we could all agree at that point that some people on different sides of the debates would be taking things too far and too personal, too insulting.

But no, they mostly turned down my peace offer, and I wrote it because I am all burnt out when it comes to fighting about God and Christ and all this. You can think what you'd like, I will think what I'd like, and lets get on with life okay, that is my attitude. But apparently alot of these people actually prefer to fight, prefer the environment, prefer stepping on toes.

And so I say to you, but wise as serpents but as harmless as doves my friends..

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I do believe that you have a point. I would think that with all the other things going on in the world and in this country in particular; that we could find better or more worthy causes.
Which was the secondary part of my post here and as you see; not once has it been addressed.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by sizzle
Just wanted you all to know that I am trying to give the creation vs. evolution theory a fair shake.

Oh jeez. You won't get that from Perry Marshall.

Go and spend lots of hours reading talkorigins. Even sign up at antievolution.org, have a talk to them. At least you'll get evolution explained by real biologists. Then decide whether you think they talk sense.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by mug2k

O, really?

Now thats a big statement. If its your personal opinion so be it. Fact ? please back it up with evidence !

1. How many people were killed by Communists' regimes in Russia, Eastern and Southern-Eastern Europe, Mongolia, China, Cambodia and etc?

www.hawaii.edu...
China (PRC) 1949–1987 77,277,000
U.S.S.R. 1917–1987 61,911,000
China (Mao Soviets) 1923–1949 3,465,000
Cambodia 1975–1979 2,035,000
Poland 1945–1948 1,585,000
North Korea 1948–1987 1,563,000
Yugoslavia (Tito) 1944–1987 1,072,000

2. You want for 2. proofs, too?

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Did Mr. Marshall misrepresent Einstein and his Theory of Relativity?
And yes, I will have a look at those links as well. Thanks.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Christianity would be fine if Christians would follow the teaching of Jesus.

Throw out the Old Testament and relegate it to a book of history and not spiritual teaching that need to be adheared to - You are Christians NOT Jews

The teachings of Christ are about love and caring for your fellow man

Churches are not following these teachings. Ministers/pastors need the old testament to control their congregations. Most churches are a carefully devised ministry of FEAR. Threats of hell and stories of the end times are used to keep the offering plates full of money and the pews full og guilty concioused hypocrites.

Would Jesus start wars?
Would Jesus want a single child to go to bed hungry or without love
Would Jesus cast stones against homosexuals
Would Jesus train the children to hate
Would Jesus want ATM's in churches
Would Jesus want to govern
Would Jesus condemn unwed mothers
Would Jesus want you to buy 125.00 bibles from televangelists

Christians - there are things terribly wrong in YOUR 'house'

I hear nothing about any of you wanting to 'fix it'

You moderate and liberal Christians out there are letting the Evangelicals run rough shod over your religion. Letting leaders pervert it and use it for political and socioeconomic power.

Get your radicals (some now say 30%) of the faith (and certainly the most vocal) under control. Stop the incessant proselytizing. Take on a 'live and let live' attitude and you too will be left alone.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join