It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John McCain a freemason?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I heard John McCain say that, quote: "Evangilists are agents of intolerance". I heard that quote a little while back. Now, I remember a couple of you like Fitzgerald and maybe Masonic Light preach about part of being a freemason was having tolerance and that quote just struck a chord with that.

So is he a freemason or am I just trying to make something out of nothing?

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by spirit7

This is the creation of a false dichotomy. Not everyone who believes in tolerance is a mason, and vice versa (although the institution certainly teaches tolerance). The world is not divided into "masons and non-masons."

I have no idea whether McCain is a mason, and his affiliation or non-affiliation with the fraternity has absolutely nothing to do with his stance on religion and tolerance.

To demonstrate how odd this is, heres a example using this type of logic:

I heard spirit7 talk about being a christian. I also heard about Hitler being a christian. Does this mean spirit7 is a nazi?

[edit on 12-1-2008 by LightinDarkness]

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by spirit7
I heard John McCain say that, quote: "Evangilists are agents of intolerance". I heard that quote a little while back. Now, I remember a couple of you like Fitzgerald and maybe Masonic Light preach about part of being a freemason was having tolerance and that quote just struck a chord with that.

I don't think that you are trying to make "something out of nothing". I think that you are just trying to make sense of something that you simply do not understand.

First, I am not a mason or any sort of freemason lodge. I also do not profess to be an expert on freemasonry. Far from it. There is a lot I do not know about the masons. But from what little that I do know, I've come to the conclusion that the Masons are nothing more than a fraternity of "like-minded" individuals who seek to better themselves and others. Nothing too nefarious about that in my mind.

Besides, if John McCain was indeed a Mason, he certainly would be in good company. Nine out of the fifty-six signers of the Declaration of Independence were Masons.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by benevolent tyrant

Ok sorry, the freemasons on here seemed to be big on tolerance and his comment just stuck with me. I was probably just making something out of nothing. Thanks for the replies.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by spirit7

I could find nothing that indicates Senator McCain is a Mason.

Regarding your comments on tolerance, this virtue should not be restricted soley to Masons but employed by all mankind.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Just because he claims to be tollerant does not make him a Mason.. I liked the guy before he became a pompous arse while campaigning with his damn cliche statements. I hate cliche anything.
But I would still think it good he was a Mason.

However, I am fairly certain that McCain is not a Mason.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus
reply to post by spirit7

I could find nothing that indicates Senator McCain is a Mason.

Regarding your comments on tolerance, this virtue should not be restricted soley to Masons but employed by all mankind.

I agree, I just thought it was something that you guys were exceptionally big on. I also thought that he had the same feeling about them as you guys do. That's why I thought that there might be a connection. Anyway, nice try by me but moving on.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   

I also thought that he had the same feeling about them as you guys do.

I would like to point out example 1,382,481 of spirit7 baiting - once again. This is how he thrives. Don't feed him.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightinDarkness

I also thought that he had the same feeling about them as you guys do.

I would like to point out example 1,382,481 of spirit7 baiting - once again. This is how he thrives. Don't feed him.

No, it's not baiting. I forgot to add "as some of you guys do", like Fitzgibbon and yourself were reminded once by either Masonic Light or Masonic student (cant remember which one exactly) to practice tolerance on me, for example.

No baiting here. Why do you feel so attacked this time? Geesh

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   
i am seeking proof that senators Barrack Obama and john mckean are or are not with the freemasons?

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
i am seeking proof that senators Barrack Obama and john mckean are or are not with the freemasons?

Well good luck with that then.

I think it will be very hard to disprove they are freemasons - probably the best we could hope for is No Evidence, supported by statements by board freemasons that they have never heard of such a connection. Certainly I haven't.

However if you come across membership information, perhaps their lodge, its name and number, jurisdiction etc that would certainly go a long way to showing that they are masons.

Typically freemasons are proud of their membership. However by some people it might be seen as a negative so I am quite sure someone would have dug this information up and published it by now. The fact that this hasn't happened (particularly in the light of some of the complete nonsense that has been bandied around the internet about Obama) I think is telling in itself.

I think right now the balance of probability is that neither are freemasons IMO.

[Edit for spelling]

[edit on 5/17/08 by Trinityman]

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
IMHO just because "if" one of the candidates was a mason or not wouldn’t change my decision on voting for them or not. I will vote for the person best suited imo of course, for the job. it would be interesting though to see a mason running in the elections.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
you can look it up-
just check the Mason websites or lodge websites of their states and find it
if they are Masons the Lodges they were raised in would be more than proud to display their membership-
I have not heard these gentlemen are members however...
Ike was though and every lodge has his picture so was Teddy Roosevelt

but teddy started the USJA (US judo association) does this mean all judokas are in seats of power and secret aims?
if they are masons or if one is- it will be easier to know who is a trustworthy straight shooting man in my eyes

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Why does it even matter? Every single mason that I know, and there are several in my immediate family, not to mention their friends; is a good man. Some are deeply religious, some not so much, all are as tolerant as you could ask.

John McCain a mason? Don't know, don't care...if he is, it's a positive, if he isn't, it's not a negitive. A nonissue, so far as I care...

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by bushidomason
IMHO just because "if" one of the candidates was a mason or not wouldn’t change my decision on voting for them or not. I will vote for the person best suited imo of course, for the job. it would be interesting though to see a mason running in the elections.

My guest is that you will have a hard time voting this year, if you are looking for the best suited. A couple of us here in Missouri are thinking about digging up Truman and seeing if we can clone him.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
you probably meant "not negative" if McCain turns out to be a mason? are you kidding me? don't you know that there are many layers of masonry and that a "lower"-level mason will do anything he is commanded? I dont believe McCain really matters (as any mason), it matters what he can do if he's president. So if anyone in US wants to hand over their future to the hands of freemasons (if they at all exist), then you should not care (like seagull suggested)

Of course i don't believe anyone is a freemason, it would be foolish to say that. But it would be crazy, if it turns out masons are also in politics in the US, that they were able to operate and influence the US politics/economics for such a long time, without anyone figuring them out.

as last, it definately matters if McCain is a mason (i think no reasonable person would imply Obama is, if you see attacks on him from both democrats AND republicans AND the media), because he will probably just continue Bush's politics.

PS: it is the american people who really care this time i believe, that voted for Obama and (almost) made him win the democratic nomination despite all the foolish attacks on him.

greets from Russia

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
you probably meant "not negative" if McCain turns out to be a mason? are you kidding me? don't you know that there are many layers of masonry and that a "lower"-level mason will do anything he is commanded? I dont believe McCain really matters (as any mason), it matters what he can do if he's president. So if anyone in US wants to hand over their future to the hands of freemasons (if they at all exist), then you should not care (like seagull suggested)

Of course i don't believe anyone is a freemason, it would be foolish to say that. But it would be crazy, if it turns out masons are also in politics in the US, that they were able to operate and influence the US politics/economics for such a long time, without anyone figuring them out.

as last, it definately matters if McCain is a mason (i think no reasonable person would imply Obama is, if you see attacks on him from both democrats AND republicans AND the media), because he will probably just continue Bush's politics.

PS: it is the american people who really care this time i believe, that voted for Obama and (almost) made him win the democratic nomination despite all the foolish attacks on him.

greets from Russia

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by lost in the midwest

Hey im down for that, tell me when and where and i'll be there haha. that sounds liek a good choice to me. i dunno though all the canidates have some issues and i dont know who i will vote for its not like our vote counts or anything haha
oh well

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
you probably meant "not negative" if McCain turns out to be a mason? are you kidding me?

No, I said the opposite. There are people out there who will view McCain in a more negative light if he was a freemason, and I suspect that politically it would be regarded as a minus rather than a plus.

don't you know that there are many layers of masonry and that a "lower"-level mason will do anything he is commanded?

No, I don't know that and neither do you. There is no evidence that "higher-level masons" even exist, and there is certainly absolutely nothing to suggest that freemasons systematically use their membership to force other members to do things against their will.

However there is a huge amount of personal experience from many masons (some of whom post on this board) and a mass of information published by Grand Lodges to show that freemasonry doesn't operate this way at all, and in fact it can't without compromising fundamental masonic principles and promptly ceasing to be Freemasonry at all.

... if it turns out masons are also in politics in the US, that they were able to operate and influence the US politics/economics for such a long time, without anyone figuring them out.

As I stated above, freemasonry is structurally incapable of meddling in politics. Individuals who are also freemasons may be politicians, but they are relatively few and far between. However I would strongly argue the opposite - that more freemasons in high public office would be good for the country because of the expectations laid upon masons by the organization and by their peer group. When you hear that someone is a freemason you can make certain initial assumptions about their character and integrity, although not everyone lives up to the masonic ideals it's a starting point.

Honesty, trustworthiness and integrity are expected in masons by Freemasonry and by other masons. Personally I believe both McCain and Obama have higher levels of integrity and ethics than the average politician does, but since freemasons have not cornered the market on these qualities this in itself doesn't prove membership.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join