It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope calls for continuous prayer to rid priesthood of paedophilia

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

Wolves? I did not mean to foresee your Avatar, I made a post a bout ATS little co-incidences, someone called it synergy.

Good points you made there too, it does not matter if it's even Micheal Jackson, if they do this to kids then they should be brought to the courts. The whole situation should be rid of it all and ahve a new generation of priests who hold on to the law and expose and drive out this menace with the new force to keep their churches clean from this. If a Church is a save haven for these people then no tollerance should be made, their fogiveness attitude has made the Churchs a playground of evil.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I know the absolute sure-fire best way to get rid of pedophiles in the priesthood.

Get rid of the priesthood.

Archaic, hide-bound, quaint, superstitious nonsense. Good bye and good riddance.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MajorMalfunction

carefull MM - you'll have the god squad after you.
Although personally I think its a good idea - but on the other hand, I subscribe to jungs theory about men coming between other men and their god.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Budski, my friend, in case you haven't noticed, the god squad is already after me. I'm their bully, the one they hate most. Oh, damn that MM, she's always so RATIONAL.

Like I give a tin halo.

I'm serious, though. Religion is the evil, not the cure for evil. Get rid of the priesthood and there won't be any more child molestations in the "house of god."

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by MajorMalfunction

I don't think I'm too far behind - at least as far as the papists go, but my excuse is that RCC does more harm than good, and I just can't get past the massive hypocrisy.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I'm a bit confused time lord. I have had some interesting experiences with synergy. Just for my own curiosity could you expand on that a bit?
Thanks,
John

I wondered how long this would take before the atheists crawled out to debunk all religions for the sins of the few. Not to say Catholicism isn't way overdue for a major shakedown from the top down.

[edit on 8-1-2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

Just for the record, I'm not an atheist.
I was brought up in the RCC but am no longer a member of the church - in my eyes. In their eyes, I will always be a member because I was baptized into the faith.

I am now religious in my own way - not the way a clergy man (who no more has the ear of god than I do) tells me to be.

But I do respect a person choice to be an atheist - it's their call, nothing to do with me.

And my personal view of religion is my affair - not the RCC's or anyone elses.

Hope that clears things up.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Sorry budski, was not referring to you. My bad. No offense intended. As much as I respect certain members for their brilliance on many issues, by the same token irreverance to anything religious is a slap to those who choose to believe in whatever way they choose.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

No offense taken - I was merely clarifying my position, and because the RCC tells me I am still a member of their church, I feel perfectly justified in critisizing them, although I do not critisize other religions, sects or beliefs because that would make me as much of a hypocrite as the RCC hierarchy.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Amen brother. I too do not take to the ilk that doctors, priests, lawyers, or presidents or anyone else for that matter is not beyond rebuke. As a fellow babe wet header I still feel the connection to the doctrines, but I too have been seriously demoralised by the last 25 yrs of scandalous behaviours. Especially the demise of JP1. The Vatican bank, the under the rug paedophiles. I too see the great beauty by so many, catholic services feed by far the most growing number of homeless in cleve, oh on a daily basis. It is unfortunate the dregs get all the attention.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski
I applaud this.

OMG!!!!!
Hell must have just froze over.

Originally posted by Karlhungis
Why are they just now praying to fix this?

Who says that the are 'just now' getting to pray about this? No one. This has been 'being prayed about' in every church and every parish and throughout the Catholic church worldwide for decades.

they are just continuing to avoid the issue.

Riiiiiiiiight. By making a BIG public statement that directly states that there is a problem .. they are 'avoiding the issue'.

Originally posted by Ben Miller
They need to start throwing them in jail, that will cure this problem, no prayer needed.

BOTH are needed. Prayer AND throwing the b******* in jail.

Originally posted by Rilence
The Catholic Church needs to adopt a zero tolerance policy ...

As far as I know they have. 'For the sake of God's Children' and other programs and statements says as much.

Originally posted by Shar_Chi
I broke my own trolling law

Yep. Sure looks like it.

Originally posted by Legalizer
I think the pope should have his people praying that the rest of society doesn't just start shooting catholics to be sure our children are safe.

Oh what an intelligent thing to say.

I don't see how the political shenanigans of a few of those with power makes over 1 billion people "freaks"

Okay .. where is the real budski .. what have you done with him?

Originally posted by LuDaCrIs
I am no even convinced this is a good first step.

Like i said, this isn't a 'first step'. It's just one of many. And considering that the church is supposed to be in the job of praying .. it's good that the leader of the church reminded people to PRAY.

what tangible results are we going to see from this?

That's impossible to say because it isn't the only thing happening and so it isn't possible to measure how much prayer has to do with cleaning out the pedophiles as opposed to the other things going on. There are programs going on and the church now (allegedly) has a zero tolerance policy.

This is nothing but a sweeping under the rug proposal.

Again -the church is publically reminding it's members to pray - how is this being 'covert' in any way? How is this sweeping anything under the rug? It's not. It's reminding those in the church to use everything in their arsenal - including prayer.

Originally posted by gottago
wouldn't excommunication be much more effective?

Separate issue. Prayer AND jail for the perps AND excommunication if they are unrepentant. However, I do not think excommunication would be 'more effective' and I doubt it would even make a difference to the perp. They are PREDATORS and they obviously have drives that push them beyond caring that they are sinning. So I doubt that the threat of excommunication would change the mind of a predator.

I think this is a good first step in that even admitting there is a problem is huge for RCC hierarchy and powers that be.

Benedict isn't John Paul II. He's fully in his faculties and he doesn't have handlers surrounding him as PJPII did. They have been aware of the problem for a very long time.

But I still have a sneaking suspicion ...

Now THAT sounds more like budski ...

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction
Get rid of the priesthood and there won't be any more child molestations in the "house of god."

Yeah right. Only Catholics have to deal with pedophiles getting into their ranks eh? Just glossing over the problem in the protestant churches .. and what about the fact that more children are abused in public schools then in Catholic churches?

the RCC tells me I am still a member of their church,

Yep. A 'lapsed catholic' is the term. (which - I disagree with, but that's the term the church uses)

[edit on 1/8/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   

This, surely, is good news - the church has begun the process of cleansing and healing, and is looking to address one of, if not the, biggest problems faced by the modern RCC.

Sorry but this is pretty useless in my opinion. Those pedo-preist have been around prayer, churches and everything else "holy" and they still commited some of the most unspeakable acts against the most vulnerable. Sometimes in the very church they claim to be sacred.

How to cleanse the church?

1. Expose those accused, not coddle them. Don't send them off to 3rd world countries so they can continue to molest with impunity.

2. A round of firings or excommunications or whatever they do.

3. A round of arrests for all offending parties.

After this is done, go back to step one and repeat.

Then the leaders of the church should pray...FOR THEMSELVES.

Pray to find a way to live with the spiritual destruction they were complicit in fostering. Pray that there is nothing that can connect them to covering it up and if so pray its inadmissible or irrelevant in a court of law. If not, finish those prayers in a jail cell.

I often hear enablers claim priests molest because they aren't allowed to marry or have intimate relationships. I think this is rubbish. I think they don't want to marry and adult at all, and they have found the age-old shelter for the type of horrible crimes they perpetuate.

The ever-lovin' Church.

- Lee.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

FF, despite what you may think it's not catholics or catholocism I dislike - it's the RCC hierarchy.
The hypocrites, the ones who tell others how to live, how to think, how to feel whilst casually disregarding the rules themselves.

The RCC in Ireland has many, many problems with people like this and I am speaking from my own experience when I say what I say.

To this day, I still have priests telling me I am part of the church because THEY say so.

A good example was when I went to pick my nephew up from his schools christmas service - The priest asked me if I was "of the faith" I said I was no longer and got a 20 minute sermon.
My own child was baptised RCC because of the wishes of my family, but I have never told her to go to mass and believe she should make up her own minnd rather than being indoctrinated because of MY beliefs.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma
Don't send them off to 3rd world countries so they can continue to molest with impunity.

Actually, I think they usually just shuffled them around in the same diocese. I don't think they got sent out of country.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

if an organization insists on breaking the rules of common sense and demands its leaders not to marry---after awhile apparently?the temptation to find an outlet for what should be normal becomes twisted into what is abnormal?

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I'm going home to pray someone pays my car note. People really, if you really wanted change and something done is praying the way to get fast results? Let's pray to cleanse the world of murders while we're at it, forget finding them and holding them accountable.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by yahn goodey
the temptation to find an outlet for what should be normal becomes twisted into what is abnormal?

No. It doesn't work that way. Straight people without pedophilia tendencies do not suddenly become gay pedophiliacs** just because they don't get sex.

Basic psychology says that is wrong. Really.

** NOTE - I'm not saying that all gay people are pedophiliacs.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Let's all get one thing straight. Paedophilia is one of the most heinous crimes against society. Gay, straight has no bearing on the matter. These monsters are truly that. Prison time, intensive psychotherapy has little to none lasting preclusion on this type of malfunction. That is why courts have set up such exclusionary precepts on offenders. These sickwads that forego socioeconomic boundaries are known repeat offenders. Be they priests, judges, lawyers, or whomever. It is a sickness known for repeat.
That is why they are so difficult to deal with, that is why they must check with parole every month. Not an easily digestible topic for anyone, especially parents. It transcends priests though. Chemical castration, a very viable alternative.
'Cepting of course when some really hot blonde haired blue eyed nympho teacher goes wild on some 15 yr ol student. Then they get probation.

[edit on 8-1-2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

Where is Bob Barker now that you really need him.

"Now remember to spay and newder your dogs, cats, and priests."

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
The symbol of baal is rampant in the vatican (sun with four prongs). Viewed from above, the pope resembles Dagon, with his fishes-mouth cap.

Evil begets evil. God does not live at the vatican. The "Vicar of Christ" (the pope) would like you to think otherwise.

Edit: I believe there was a man named Yeshua (Jesus) and have faith in what he said.

[edit on 8-1-2008 by depth om]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join