It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if the whole world invade the US?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I think the biggest threat to the U.S right now is itself... Can America collapse? Certainly. However, as I stated, if it does, it will be from an internal influence, in my honest opinion.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I believe there is a better chance for Yellowstone to blow, than for us to ever be invaded. If our economy fails, the entire world will be feeling it, as well.

The most we are up against are a few strategically fought wars and terrorism. The U.S. is a war machine, like SOT said, and it's obvious to myself, that we are.... making some minor adjustments on the chess board. I don't agree with how we achieve our goals and think our war money would be better spent on new and innovative ideas, for a solution to the energy crisis. I for one would love to be able to tell them to go pound sand.

I'm trying to look at your scenerio of an invasion and just don't see it. We would detect an air invasion coming from all four directions. Massing any troops in Mexico or Canada would make them sitting ducks and be to our advantage. The only way to forcefully take out the U.S. would be by stealth subs. Come in undetected, off both coasts - blast us with little warning and we're done. That would leave our subs and I highly doubt they would surrender knowing what just happened to their famlies and homes.

Yep, it would all be over.Lol

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Unfortunately i've got to agree with the general consensus.... if we were invaded by a large force we would probably push the button... Hell i think its just a matter of time before the button gets pushed any way.....

If we push the button, chances of our enemies pushing the button increase radically and i think they would, then most of the world as we know it would be demolished and the nuclear fall out would kill the rest of the 3rd world countries that don't have nuclear power...... It would be pretty ugly.

Any one invading the US would have to be ready for all out nuclear war.... And the outcome of all out nuclear war is that nobody wins, because there wont be anything left.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2
Any one invading the US would have to be ready for all out nuclear war.... And the outcome of all out nuclear war is that nobody wins, because there wont be anything left.

I suspect that's why the terrorists haven't hit us with some sort of a nuclear attack. They know deep down what the result would be. While they don't care if they die, they want to be viewed as being "winners" and "martyrs." That wouldn't happen if their people, the Middle East, are just as crispy as they are.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I was actually just discussing this with my father earlier today. I have to agree with most of the others here in the regards that the mindset in American government is "if i'm going down, i'm taking the rest of you with me". I would also have to agree that there is more than likely something else that our government has cooked up that is more than likely a hell of a lot more frightening than nukes.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 03:48 AM
link   
just to add this 2 cents.

theres an age old saying. "rome didn't fall in a day"

Neither did America. It has been a slow progression over the last 40+ years.

The world won't need to attack America. We're doing a damn fine job of destroying our country from the inside out.

I for one hope we can complete the task without annihilating our entire country, but by bringing down the empire from the inside.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Hypntick

Perhaps an unknown virus or some sort? Who knows...

Also a lot of post here says that as soon as another country invade the US, the US would nuke them. That just sounds so stupid and i don't get why some people here think that another country is stupid enough to invade US and not even consider thinking about the nukes. What makes people so sure that the other countries won't nuke first?

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Hi There,

Interesting question, but a redundant one. An invasion of America by the rest of the world could not happen, simply because of her possession of nuclear weapons.

Now ask the question from a point of view that no nuclear weapons exist, then you have the potential for a invasion scenario, and under this 'no nukes' scenario, the mainland of America would easily be invaded...think of D-Day, June 6th, 1944.

The combined weaponry of the rest of the world, and the combined armies, navies, and air forces would prove too overwhelming. It would certainly be quite a fight, but your cities, your infrastructure would be bombed into oblivion. Quite simply, against the rest of the world using conventional weaponry only, America would be smashed and demolished...utterly annihilated...think Germany, but on a bigger scale.

Without nuclear weapons, America's dominance (probably) would not be what it is. Even with them, America doesn't totally dominate...there are still a few in the schoolyard which it eyes with a self-murmuring respect. Your belief is bigger than your reality...and you need to wake up to that fact.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I find it interesting the number of people who make comments asserting that something can NEVER happen - such as America being invaded by another country.

I do not suggest that it WILL happen but do not agree with use of the term "never" - there are many many people, as an example, who would have suggested the events of 9/11 could never happen to America prior to its occurrence.

IN 1929, days after the stockmarket crash, the Harvard Economic Society reassured its subscribers: “A severe depression is outside the range of probability”.

Never say "never".

As someone else has already stated - why would anyone need to invade if they already have nukes? I would rephrase the original poster's question - what if Russia, England, France and China, rather than invading - launched their nukes in a simultaneous attack against America?

Bye bye America.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Seriously, with all the America hate out there don't you think if it could be done it would have already been attempted?
I love it when all the America hate bubbles to the surface on threads such as this one.
Bottom line is the haters don't have the huevos to give us a go. All they can do is nip at our heels as we stride by and murmur behind our backs.

You think you can take the big dog? jump off the porch.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 06:25 AM
link   
If the world would invade the US, the US would have a problem.

I think it's just a matter of time.
US don't want other countries to be able to defend theirselves with nuclear weapons for example. They threat on those countries. Only US may have the power... in their opinion.

That will be a problem one day...

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 07:10 AM
link   
We would nuke Canada and Mexico to stop any invasion. Any navy would have a hard time with ours the worlds largest and best. We have lots of ships just sitting in ports here in semi-retirement so an invasion by sea is not likely. I will take our air force any day, They could win the day. We have so many planes that we could flood the Sky's and ram any bombers as a last resort. If enemy troops make it to our shores the movie Red Dawn would be an under statement. Most of us have guns and can use them very accurately. We could make I.E.D s that would flip tanks. Our government would lash out with things in its inventory that we don't know about like massive lasers that wipe out city's or an armada of UFO type aircraft that would rain havoc with nukes at will. Who knows, The world really don't want to try us because we wont go down without taking most of it with us.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 07:47 AM
link   
erm question to the OP, when you say "invasion" did you mean armed? The US of A HAS been and is still being "invaded". It's just not a "armed" one, at this time.

The rest of the world has been invading this country for the last 200 years and it's on going.

A concerted armed invasion seems unlikely (at this time) , because it would damage the real estate here which is the prize anyways.

an old proverb states "give a man enough rope , he will hang himself"
Why invade when you can acquire the US of A without firing a shot, just let it over extend it's self then buy up the debt, you take over with no bloodshed.

The "invasion" has already taken place, we just have not paid the bill yet.

A "conventional" invasion seems unlikely because it would be a massive undertaking, and would not be a secret.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 08:21 AM
link   
taking the us is simple, it doesn't have enough natural resources to make it self sufficant and it's people are greedy, buy all the copper, steel, oil and anything else the us likes, stockpile it and wait 'till they implode, then hold them to ransom, simply starve 'em out.

invasion isn't all about who's got the bigger........... eh.........gun!!

who here can speak mandarin, mwa ha ha.

[edit on 29-12-2007 by pieman]

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 08:22 AM
link   
They tried in WWII with Japan who had Germany & Italians on their side. The United States Nuked two cities in Japan and set Germany on fire. Now we have Russia, India & China who are all Nuclear power nations and are on Iran's side. So WW III is not to far out of the way. It can happen, and if it does then depopulation of the world will be enormous. Can America win? I don't know, but it will be hell on earth and the nuclear fall out would most likely destroy life as we know it. So never say never, I just hope something good happens in this world that will change our ways of thinking and peace is the motto. There isn't a winner in war and never will be. To many innocent lifes are destroyed.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Yeah
As speaker said, if the US ever does fall it will be an from internal factors.
Though if it does, the world will be fundamentally altered. Im no economist but i would imagine a worldwide economic depression would follow.
But not only that there would probably be a massive cultural change as well. America is a perveyor of its culture across the world. Mcdonalds, hollywood, Fox, nbc, the concept of democracy and freedom of speech, life liberty and the persuit of happiness and all that.
American culture blows on the winds of its econmic power. Without that there we may see globalisation reversed and more unique cultures flourishing.

As for an invasion, lets get realistic. Okay, no country can project its power, and on such an impressive scale, as america. But its a matter of proportion. There are many countries with training and equipment more than equal to america. As for manpower, ameirca has a population of over 300 million. Europe alone around 750 million. In terms of sheer manpower its just daft to think america could keep out the numbers of conscripts that could be mobilised from that sort of population.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 08:59 AM
link   
The world would not invade the U.S. but I could see China combined with IRAN and Russia scenario. This also is probably not in the cards as you will. Red Dawn was a movie and thats it.The likely hood of anyone even getting close to our boarders with an army or navy or air force is not going to happen.

The nuclear option would be a last resort.As far as the people who say the world would collapse if the U.S collapses, well thats just plain lack of knowledge about the rest of the world.Remember the U.S. is still a very young country in comparison to the rest of the world. They were here long before us and will be here long after us if we were to go.Thats the problem with many of my fellow Americans, they are so ego driven by our military and economic power they think we are the end all get all.News flash WE ARE NOT.
I love my country more than I can express, but I love this planet more...we are all in this together as one and we better start realizing that or things will never get better and can only continue to get worse.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by newkid
What if the whole world invades the US?
What would happen to the world if the US don't exist no more.

All our $$$ and purchasing power would be gone.
The entire world economy would collapse.

The fear that China and Russia and the terrorists have over our military would be gone and it would be MASSIVE all out war everywhere over territories that our power holds in check.

Without our $$$ purchasing oil, the govts in Saudi Arabia, etc etc would fall to radical Islam.

Without our foreign aid $$$ MANY people would die.

Bottom line - the world would be a mess and it would be in much worse shape.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 09:18 AM
link   
If the world invaded the US and the US fell, a lot of countries would go hungry, would lose social programs, would lose military budgets to defend themselves and so on and so on and so on.......

Recipients of U.S. foreign aid for 2001:

1. Israel 2.82 Billion
2. Egypt 1.987 Billion
3. Jordan 0.227 Billion
4. Kosovo 0.184 Billion
5. Ukraine 0.178 Billion
6. Russia 0.174 Billion
7. Indonesia 0.149 Billion
8. Ethiopia 0.124 Billion
9. India 0.122 Billion
10. Georgia 0.107 Billion
11. Bangladesh 0.101 Billion
12. Serbia 0.10 Billion
13. Peru 0.097 Billion
14. Armenia 0.092 Billion
15. Bosnia 0.089 Billion

Recipients of U.S. foreign aid for 2004:

1. Iraq 18.44 Billion
2. Israel 2.62 Billion
3. Egypt 1.87 Billion
4. Afghanistan 1.77 Billion
5. Colombia 0.57 Billion
6. Jordan 0.56 Billion
7. Pakistan 0.39 Billion
8. Liberia 0.21 Billion
9. Peru 0.17 Billion
10. Ethiopia 0.16 Billion
11. Bolivia 0.15 Billion
12. Turkey 0.15 Billion
13. Uganda 0.14 Billion
14. Sudan 0.14 Billion
15. Indonesia 0.13 Billion
16. Kenya 0.13 Billion

Recipients of U.S. foreign aid for 2005:

1. Israel 2.58 Billion
2. Egypt 1.84 Billion
3. Afganistan 0.98 Billion
4. Pakistan 0.70 Billion
5. Colombia 0.57 Billion
6. Sudan 0.50 Billion
7. Jordan 0.48 Billion
8. Uganda 0.25 Billion
9. Kenya 0.24 Billion
10. Ethiopia 0.19 Billion
11. South Africa 0.19 Billion
12. Peru 0.19 Billion
13. Indonesia 0.18 Billion
14. Bolivia 0.18 Billion
15. Nigeria 0.18 Billion
16. Zambia 0.18 Billion

shelby.senate.gov...
usinfo.state.gov...
usinfo.state.gov...

Welcome to the One World Economy.

Dorian Soran

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I take it your friend is not familiar with the term MAD. Mutually Assured Destruction.

Should the US be attacked by the rest of the World, and should the world even be successful in hitting us with Nukes first, our sub fleets and ICBM's would lay waste to the major cities of the planet, not to mention their armed forces. Then any invading countries would face millions of armed US citizens who would fight to death to prevent them from taking over.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join