It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this HAARP?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Oh, I just thought of something....Are you talking about the NOAA facility with all of the antennas?

www.panoramio.com...

64º 58' 36.74" N 147º 31' 3.63" W

[edit on 1-1-2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
There seems to be an abundance of these things in Alaska. Montauk has a huge dish and supposedly there is a HAARP facility around there. By the way greeneyedleo, how is the weather up there? Its been unseasonably warm here in TN

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SoLaR513

Well, right now its a warm ONE degrees

but we have been having NEGATIVE 40 days

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
WOW that is crazy cold
Would you say that is normal for this time of year or is it usually warmer or colder? See Im one of the crazies who thinks HAARP is a weather control device. Read my thread ever see it snow in summer I think theyve been screwing around with it(HAARP) and now the climate is out of whack. I realize there are alot of other contributing factors but I deffinately think HAARP is on the list.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by LwSiX
reply to post by greeneyedleo

No, i was looking for a so-called 2nd one that an earlier poster said was near Fox, Alaska. If someone could check out those coordinates i posted to figure out what that is, i'd appreciate it, it doesn't look at all like the "main" haarp site but its a bit odd looking and ive never quite seen that before anywhere else.

I looked at the site at your coordinates and found a web site with some info in a bookmark at that location. The web site is here;

HIPAS Site

Not a lot of info on that site but clicking on the green map of Alaska at the top shows a simplified map of the state and some other locations of interest.

Vince

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SoLaR513
Vinceg, thanks a mill. I will deffinately check it out. While Im responding, what are your thoughts on HAARP? Do you believe that its a government funded deathray?

Hi SoLaR513 - Actually, I really don't know enough about it to have an informed opinion on what that project is. It is an interesting site though.

Vince

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SoLaR513

It is very normal. So normal that once it gets over ZERO its warm
When it is 30 degrees, people are wearing shorts/tshirts and washing their vehicles. I am not exaggerating at all

We had a couple of weeks this winter that were a lot warmer then should be. But I have lived here for 4 years, and the weather has remained pretty consistant.

Im one of "those" who doesnt believe HAARP is for bad purposes.

[edit on 1-1-2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
That is amazing, I think I would die in shorts in 30 degree weather you guys are tough
I think HAARP has the posibilities of nobility but its run by our government and I personaly believe if they can find a sinister self serving use for something they will.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Vince, If you want to learn more about HAARP and the conspiracies surrounding it I recomend looking up Angels dont play this HAARP by Nick Begich. Ofcourse there is tons of info right here on ATS just look in the archive.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
so sorry
I had forgotten that I promised to try to find some info on fox Alaska
and a possible secret haarp system that more than rivals
the known alaska haarp system.

I`ll try to actually remember this time..........

[edit on 11-2-2008 by Maya432]

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
ok found some
really sorry for the delay.
uforeview.tripod.com...
www.fiu.edu...
arcticcircle.uconn.edu...
I`ll see if I can find some more
ciao for now

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Maya432

Thanks maya432

any info on fox location is good.

snoopyuk

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maya432
My research has led me to believe that the haarp system is in Fox alaska about 20 klm from Fairbanks.
The Official haarp is in Gakona ,Alaska but is just a media ploy just like nasa.
why build one when you can build 2 at ten times the prize and keep the second one secret.
I`m gonna search through my documents and try to supply some links if I can.
-Music is Magic
-Bobby

I live in fairbanks and my wife works in Fox . My parents live out there too so I'm out there all the time. Is there any specific area that you are referring to? I could take photos and check it out?

-ChriS

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by BlasteR

wow..that would be cool,but I would not want you to get yourself in any trouble.

the info I have really is just mostly from the links i supplied.
the reporter said that there was 2 main roads leading north from fox
and it was only a few kilometers up.

and he mentions having to go look over a ridge to see it.
I have no real idea if the stories are even true but since I`m
the conpiracy buff that I am./.....well....lol

but knowing the shifty doings of our governments,well then I wouldn`t be supprised.

last year when I looked at the area in question(on google maps) is had a poorly cut off cloud covering the entire area.(you know the way google uses sections of photos then pieces them together and some times
the joined sections look less than perfect.)
if you google map it now the area in question does not even look real anymore and no more zooming in either....very suspicious to me.

if the story turns out to be false , then you might be able to verify
it either way.

I was thinking if any of this is true and your from fairbanks then
have you heard any kinds of rumors along this line before or
is this the first time that you heard this?

Thanx
-Bobby

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Supposedly you can take a guided tour. Perhaps being a local you could take that approach.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SoLaR513
Supposedly you can take a guided tour. Perhaps being a local you could take that approach.

I think I know where you are talking about. From fox, the road to Circle and Chatanika goes North. It is a relatively straight stretch of road and a few miles up there is a facility that used to be run by NASA when I was a kid. I'll get some photos of this place tomorrow and show you the site. Maybe they'll give me a tour of the place. At the facility the road turns back to the left. The sign out front sais that it is a NOAA research facility but I don't really know anything more than that.

I found it on google earth. here's a screeny. The placemark I put in is the entrance. The facility spans out around a mile or two east of the entrance.

I found this on a "things to do in fairbanks" site located here:
www.bellsalaska.com...

NOAA Command and Data Acquisition Station. mile 13.5/km 21.7 Steese Highway. The station is one of two in the U.S. responsible for tracking and commanding the nations' environmental and weather satellites. Several large antennae are employed to downlink environmental data, which provides the nation with information for its weather forecasts, search and rescue capabilities, and ozone monitoring. Visitors can learn about the methods and equipment used to operate the satellites, as well as look at how and why the data is distributed. Tourists who call ahead can coordinate their visit to the tracking schedule in order to watch the whole process in action. Tours are available daily from 8am - 4 pm. Call 907-451-1200 for more information.

I'm thinking about calling to get one of these tours tomorrow just to check it out and get some photos.

-ChriS

[edit on 22-2-2008 by BlasteR]

[edit on 22-2-2008 by BlasteR]

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Ive been to montauk national park and been within i'd say 500m of the enterance to the old military base. We was moved on by patrol thing is there is something still going on there as newish power supply points have been built and that place draws alot of power....Tesla has alot to answer for

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
This facility in fairbanks is not actually the main HAARP facility.

This is what I've learned from this link:
arcticcircle.uconn.edu...

EXCERPT 1..

For decades, high-frequency heaters around the globe have been operated by researchers studying how the injection of radio energy affects the ionosphere, and the process by which the upper atmosphere recovers from the disturbance. These include transmitters in Tromso, Norway, which are operated by Germany's Max Planck Institute; Nizhny-Novgorod, Russia, and Dushanbe, Tadzhikistan, which are manned by Russian scientists; and U.S. facilities at Arecibo, Puerto Rico, and Fairbanks, Alaska.

EXCERPT 2..

Alfred Y. Wong, professor of physics at UCLA and director of the high-power active-stimulation ionospheric heater HAARP's little brother located in Fairbanks, Alaska, simulates ionospheric conditions in an atmospheric chamber at his Los Angeles laboratory. The device subjects electrons and ions to high-frequency radio heating, replicating the effects of HAARP. "We understand most of the fundamental mechanisms that underlie ionospheric heating. In chamber simulations we've conducted very detailed studies with reproducible results. We put probes in the chamber to study this. We found no negative effects," he says.

Wong believes HAARP could be used for environmental mitigation efforts, such as accelerating chlorine atoms into interplanetary space to prevent them from degrading Earth's vital upper-atmospheric ozone layer. Though he acknowledges potential offensive military uses of HAARP, Wong believes no harm will occur from its operations. "I don't see any problems, only surprises," he says. "That's why we do research."

Others harbor a strong distrust of the program. A local organization called No HAARP firmly opposes the project on environmental and communications-disruption grounds. "This is not good science," contends retired ARCO Production Technologies employee Clare Zickuhr, who leads the group. "They have no idea what this thing could do to the ionosphere. To put this in the hands of the military scares the hell out of me."

HAARP has proceeded full-steam ahead since its inception in 1990. The total amount of money spent over the past six years exceeds $58 million and may reach nearly $200 million by the end of the decade, when the installation is scheduled to be completed. The effort is a "congressional specialinterest program," meaning that supporters in Congress request funds for it on behalf of the Air Force and Navy.

Senator Ted Stevens (R-Alaska) is a staunch supporter of the program. Other Alaska state officials, however, have not been briefed about HAARP by the military. Asked about the program, a spokesman for Governor Tony Knowles replied, "We have no idea what you are talking about." State Representative Jeanette James, whose district surrounds the HAARP site, has repeatedly asked Air Force officials about the project and has been told "not to worry," she says. "My gut feeling is that it is frightening. I'm skeptical. I don't think they know what they are doing."

-ChriS

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
heres something that mentions fairbanks
www.youtube.com...://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread351091/pg1

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Very informative vid.

I did a search for HAARP on google earth and got some confusing results. Some HAARP-labeled sites in google earth actually have nothing to do with HAARP or are not even anywhere near the main HAARP facility. Also, the youtube video sais HAARP is 30 miles from fairbanks but that is nowhere near accurate. After looking around in google earth for a while I believe the main HAARP facility is located here:

62°37'42.83"N
145°27'30.41"W
In a remote area near the Wrangle Mts.

This also corresponds to photos of the HAARP facility which show it as a remote site close to the actual mountains. The actual road distance to HAARP from Fairbanks is pretty far but if you draw a directly line from HAARP to Fairbanks it is about 165 miles away. Driving there from here in Fairbanks is about the same distance as driving fromm Fairbanks to Tok (around 200 miles give or take).

There are facilities 30 miles from Fairbanks that are similar to HAARP but these facilities are all for monitoring satellites, mainly by NOAA, for weather. I haven't yet seen or heard of any sites in the interior of Alaska that are dedicated to creating electromagnetic discharges into the ionosphere for the sole purpose of military applications/research/development.

The google earth results for HAARP are confusing and at first the main result was a HAARP label over Healy, AK. But I have not heard or know of any facilities like HAARP in that area.

-ChriS

[edit on 24-4-2008 by BlasteR]

<< 1    3 >>

join