It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britney Spears Sister is Pregnant

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 09:26 AM
link   
And here we have another MSN top story which is really a story of another teenage pregnancy. But it not being presented in this style. No, every report sounds more like a high school locker room rumor of "Did you hear about Britney's sister?"

Her statement is that her "long time" boyfriend is the father. Gee, how long is a long time to a 16 year old? Here is a story that can be used for varying agendas on morality, promiscuity, et al. and is treated as an "OMG she is teh preggerz!!!111!!1!"

Is it any wonder that in a time of financial worry and the excesses of the idle rich that this how the story is represented? Don't get me wrong. I'm not suggesting that she is carrying the anti-christ or is just another little...well that term would be against the T&C. But was not her mother up for some Mother of the Year award recently?

Light-hearted fluff pieces do have their place in MSM, I like the onces about animals doing something odd. Like the one about the cat that rides the bus downtown to mooch food at a butchershop. Well anyway, hope she doesn't go to her older sister for parenting tips.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I'm sorry. but this is the type of news people on ATS are trying to get away from.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   
really..... who cares. If she was preggo with Clinton's baby or Bush's dog then maybe.... just maybe it should be posted.

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   
OMG OMG OMG!!!

Who cares if 'Mercans are morons. At least we made Saddam Hussein pay for killing Santa Claus and protecting Osama's nuclear Iranians.

Once Jesus Christ comes and melts the faces of the infidels with his Holy Light we will see who was right! Cuz us 'Mercans will sit around with Jesus and Mike Huckabee afterwards eating Taco Bells and Whoppers and gossiping over which of the Spears Spawns will become a grandmother first. Then we'll decide which fourners we will watch get torutred in hell 1st! The Arabs Iranian Al-caida Afghanistaneries or the Euro-Commie Fascist French fries!

Yeah! Coors Beer and Shotguns!! Pick-up trucks and poor gas mileage!!!! High Fructose Corn Syrup, I-pods, and CSI on television!!Watch those women get raped and murdered on network tv!! Big Screen tv's and Jessica Simpson nipple slips! Yeah!

Go America!!!!

Did you see the guy that turned himself blue?!!?!

Wait, what missile crisis in Russia over defense systems?..? What?

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   
i'm crushed!!!

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   
It would be nice if we all would make it past the title...

Reacting and Not Reading

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   
It would be nicer if this thread was closed.
Really who gives a rats tail about spears.

The OP is trying to make point that MSM is full of fluff stories to keep people dumb and not paying attention to real issues.

Great we know that.

Bringing its giant salami sized trunk of feces into ATS doesn't move things forward.

Maybe it will clue in all the suckers here who repeat the "I haven't seen it in the MSM" and "when will the MSM pickup on this" mantra to the fact that MSM isn't going to give you anything important, ever.

Turn the TV off. Don't read the garbage their advertisers pay to put into print.

And for goodness sake, don't bring it here.

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   
My personal Opinion

News is news no matter what.

If you don't like the content of a story then you don't need to read it.

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Miishgoos

A sixteen year old girl getting pregnant out of wedlock is not news anymore. It is a common occurrence these days.

At sixteen I was no saint but I did have enough sense and respect for my family and myself to not get pregnant. That was 1963.

I graduated high school in 1965 and there was one (1) girl that was pregnant in my graduating class of 300 students.
The only form of birth control we had were condoms.

I imagine we were just as sexually active as the 16 year olds are today.

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

I have a feeling the OP isn't really concerned about the content of the story. The point I get is that the main stream media is showing preferential treatment of how they are covering it. For example, had this been somebody else, they would have been all over the father, who is 19, for committing statutory rape:

Spears Pregnancy May Result in Television Special Rather than Criminal Charges

That's the first point I got -- how it is being presented (in this case, 'sugar-coated')

Point number two that I got is that right now, America has bigger things to worry about. Like Saudi Arabia dumping the Dollar causing the US economy to slide even further. Again, preferential coverage -- stuff that matters doesn't get enough coverage over 'fluff'

Those are the main points, to my understanding. Come on ATS, the headline is not the news, and the title is not the OP!

Now, to answer something trivial the OP brought up:

Originally posted by Ahabstar
Well anyway, hope she doesn't go to her older sister for parenting tips.

She'll probably ask her mom for those:
Spears' mom's parenting book to be released

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by enigmania
I'm sorry. but this is the type of news people on ATS are trying to get away from.

For real

Still goes to show, America is all kinds of messed up to be throwing this news all over the place like they are. Celebrity culture is out of control.

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Paris Hilton, Spears, Lowan... these are the trash of society.
I hate walkng around perth and seing all the ladies imitating these trashy skanks..

Send them to Tasmania, then nuke it.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I can't stand pop culture; it's extremely superficial, trashy, and fake. I can't believe how popular people like Paris Hilton, Britney Spears etc. are. Britney Spears has no talent and Paris Hilton's only famous because she's rich.

[edit on 24-12-2007 by MissInformation]

[edit on 24-12-2007 by MissInformation]

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Funny a mod mentioned reacting without reading.

I read through the comments and other than a few antecdotal items most everyone that posted made some reference to the atypical stupified mainstream media reporting that neglects to focus on the Elite and their manipulation of the prols. It's 1984 and we all get it.

Nuclear whatsamajiggit where?!? More preggo teenage celebrities? Hell yeah!

Oh, you guys leave Lindsay Lohan alone!

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

teens having been having sex and getting pregnant forever, its nothing new

its just that her sis is famous which is all the hype

get the ---- over it

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Hey. I like Tasmania.

Thanks for the important news update. I'll definitely apply it to daily life.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
woooow hahaha...that kinda news is garbage. i mean who cares about that i mean look at her sister it was bound to happen.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 03:58 AM
link   
"Britney Spears Sister is Pregnant"

To tell you the truth........who gives a (......)

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Don't often check this forum. Imagine my suprise that this was still on the front page.

To clairify: Yes that fact that this was touted as news by the MSM when far, far more important things were going on at the time. And yet we had this...as...news. Mindboggling. I mean wasn't that the point of the show Entertainment Tonight? To handle this kind of "news" and leave the real news for the grown-up anchors like Brokaw, Jennings and Cronkite. Pipe dream I know...we have Katie Curic, Charles Gibson and Brian Williams now, which I had to look up since I stopped watching television completely after 9/11 other than when it on at someone else's house while visiting. All radio WLW and the net for news now.

As for the commentary of young mothers being nothing new. Well aware of that fact as my own mom was 16 and pregnant with me and gave birth 3 months after turning 17. And yes, mom and dad are still married, 38 years this July. So no, the fact that she was 16 was not my point either. Although I was serious about hoping she didn't ask her sister for parenting tips.

Myself, too much of a loner for marriage and family but my sister married after college and has 3 boys. Things for her and my brother-in-law are well, but naturally busy. But since I live several hours away from everyone her oldest asks his grandma when is Uncle Greg coming when I had to miss out on Chistmas last year.

So while I wish Spears and her baby well, it wasn't really worth the attention the story had when there were things of far greater importance happening. And while my OP was an undiluted rant of what would become a multi-day/weeks long story.

Some of the responses in the thread were interesting. Full of venom, undiplomatic and outspoken. Much like the current administration's responses to negative rhetoric and propoganda. So if you strip the significance to the topic and see it as information that you didn't want to hear about, then the base emotions of the reactions and responses to reactions go far in to explaining how we as nations become involved in unresolved differences that could lead us to wars. In otherwords mistaken conclusions to words, dehumanising, breaking off commuication, and inflamitory responses. Posting with a title of a fluff piece that broke when I posted and the president being briefed on the possibility of an Iranian Nuclear Weapons program garners pretty much the same reaction, the difference being that we only speak for ourselves and the President speaks for the nation. Well that and us going too far is just a big red warn tag...hopefully the president doesn't view it in the same way.

While many will still see this thread as nothing but tripe. I found it quite educational and informative. The media does far more than condition by repeated rhetoric to make the masses grunts "war" in unison. They also do a fine job of making people jaded, unattententive and impulsive thanks to the Education system that rewards based on answering faster than the question is asked by repeative drilling of information until bored.

top topics

join