It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange light in Glasgow

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Interesting post as I am from the UK myself too. There have been a number of sightings over the past few years in Scotland. Very interesting that it was a number of people who had similar stories at much the same time.

Anyway, the only planets which were visible in the sky were Mars (would have been center of the sky view from Glasgow between 12:00-3:00), and Saturn would have been in the east of the sky. But they would have moved yes, not a lot tho in 2 hours.

[edit on 3-12-2007 by Zemouk]

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zemouk
Interesting post as I am from the UK myself too. There have been a number of sightings over the past few years in Scotland. Very interesting that it was a number of people who had similar stories at much the same time.

Anyway, the only planets which were visible in the sky were Mars (would have been center of the sky view from Glasgow between 12:00-3:00), and Saturn would have been in the west of the sky. But they would have moved yes, not a lot tho in 2 hours.

[edit on 3-12-2007 by Zemouk]

So we got somthing then, as the two other sightings could not have been venus,there must have been more people seeing this.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Had a quick look out a few minutes ago (ye Gods it's freezing out) ... it's there again ... certainly not as bright as last night. At the moment it has a distinctly orange colour. I assume it's either a star or a planet. About 10-15 degrees above the horizon, direction is south>south east. Skies are currently clear, I'll take a foto in the next hour and post it here.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   
At the moment Mars is south east just above the horizon.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I just checked out my window and I see nothing tonight, looks a bit hazy though.

Would Mars being low in the sky make it look larger than normal, like the moon does sometimes?

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Prob; if you wanna know whats in the sky this sites quite good:

Sky Map (this ones set for scotland, you can edit stuff on the page and update to show certain things).

Red circle = Mars
Yellow = Saturn

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   
hi guys ,

i have added a few more comments on this thread that you may find interesting.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

snoopyuk

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 10:43 AM
link   
The Royal Observatory for Scotland rang back, they're fairly certain the object (some) of us saw was the planet Venus, which from out neck of the woods is currently lying just above the horizon in a south easterly direction, it' seemingly beige in colour but can occasionally go a wee bit darker towards orange due to dust particles in the upper atmosphere.

I asked why it was so bright, is Venus any closer than normal ? To which they said "Aye" lol.

So there you go.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by maintainright

Hello,
I'm from Portugal and early last month, at about 21:00, I saw a strange orange ligth "traveling" North-South. It had a aparent size of 1/3 fullmoon. No sound. Either amazing speed if in high altitude (several thousand km per hour), commercial plane speed if at lower altitudes (nevertheless no sound or trail). What striked me at the time was that the UFO was not shining but glowing and had definite contour (boundary?). From my point of view, it passed rigth over me, it was plate (could be spheric).
Knowing that this orange lights are not that common, I'm glad you posted your viewing (I was not going to talk about mine ... just another ligth in the sky).
All best

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Seems orange is the chosen colour :p

Last winter 3 orange lights flew over my girlfriend and I as we were walking home one night.

Deadly silent, flying in a perfect triangle they just glided over our heads and were out of view in about 10 secs

Was in the papers on the Monday, I think the official explanation was lanterns from a barbeque in Newcastle :p

I also saw a white rotating diamond over the Kilpatrick hills when I was on the way to work one morning, broad daylight, bright blue skys and just this white diamond "rolling" end over end above the hills, very bizarrre.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by 2timesOO

can you give any more info ? ie. location, direction etc.

thanks, i too am in Portugal

snoopyuk

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by snoopyuk

Hello snoopyuk,
I was in Caldas da Rainha, in the country side. The nigth was clear (no clouds), it was about 21:00. The orange ligth just glid over me, as I said in my previous post. What can I say, direction: North-South, alttitude: unknown, apparent size: 1/3 fullmoon; time to cross the sky: you must be sure I was not watching my watch but I would say 5 to 10 seconds; shape: from my point of view, plate; colour: orange; glowing; well defined.
All best

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Hi there I live in the east end of glasgow and I was just walking my dog, and noticed there was a light in the sky that was spinning round in a circle. (as if someone was spinning a torch really fast) this was at 1.25 am. It's now 1.58 and the light is still there. was wondering if anyone, knows what this is, or has seen it too.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by john gillies

i saw the same thing.i was sitting down then the power cut out side i saw a big lite it was not a plain but is soon as the power whent on the lite disapeard

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
edit my bad this is over a year old been bumped by anons.

[edit on 8-1-2009 by orgyofthedead]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by snoopyuk

Can I just say that Stranraer is nowhere near Glasgow. Near to 100 miles, or not far off it. I find it difficult to imagine a connection.

Respects

top topics

<< 1   >>

join