It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA Knowingly and Willingly permitted Rick Ross to spread crack cocaine through LA??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I searched ATS and could find nothing about it here except for one thread from 2003. So I figured I'd shed some light on the subject for all you conspiracy buffs considering that this conspiracy was VERY real.

Ross revolutionized the wholesale coc aine trade in the early 1980s in South Los Angeles by mass producing crack coc aine through his Central American connections, and he took his operations to other cities in the United States. At his height he earned up to $2 million dollars a day.

The Regan administration signed a bill called the LARoss Act that granted vehicles Ross had coming in from abroad immunity to search and seizure knowing that he had coc aine on board.

In 1996, journalist Gary Webb wrote a 3-part story on how the CIA was aware of several American back Central Americans who were traffiking coc aine into Los Angeles and using Ross and his connections to create a drug distributing network that the US had never seen before.

Reporter Gary Webb was on the trail of Ross slowly uncovering secrets that the CIA may have been involved and was building a pretty successful story when suddenly he was found dead in his apartment. His death was classified as a suicide. However, he had two bullet holes in his head. Who shoots themselves twice in their own head? Information is power.

--The Real Rick Ross Story: The Cocaine Campaign DVD

I have had a hard time finding evidence of this story online anywhere. Does anyone have any additional information on this?

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Yes, and Gary Webb committed 'suicide'. Funny thing though one man two bullets.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   
theres another movie that just came out revolving around this as well, called "American Drug War: The Last White Hope"

I also suggest looking up the "Mena Connection" or the "Mena Coverup" , "conspiracy", etc.

[edit on 30-11-2007 by scientist]

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Here is a YouTube video I found on the subject:

well...i had one...i don't know how to put it on here.

[edit on 11/30/2007 by mike_b]

[edit on 11/30/2007 by mike_b]

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   
here it is...got it:

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I've heard of the idea of the government being behind the crack epidemic before, from listening to a lot of rap music, i had never heard of this man Ross though. I'm particularly interested in this LARoss act you talk of. Searching google basically returns this thread, and a bunch of unrelated stuff.

Could you give us some more details on the LARoss Act please, so that we can try and research that further?

Thanks.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Is this the same Rick Ross as in rickross.com ?

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by regs
Is this the same Rick Ross as in rickross.com ?

No. The rapper Rick Ross and the REAL Rick Ross are two completely different people. Don't ask me why its okay to assume the persona of another persons life and make money off of it cuz I don't understand that one myself.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by bobafett
I've heard of the idea of the government being behind the crack epidemic before, from listening to a lot of rap music, i had never heard of this man Ross though. I'm particularly interested in this LARoss act you talk of. Searching google basically returns this thread, and a bunch of unrelated stuff.

Could you give us some more details on the LARoss Act please, so that we can try and research that further?

Thanks.

Man to be honest with you, I don't have any further information on it. i wish I did and I'm trying to find some. That is the purpose of this thread. All I know is what I've seen from the DVD The Real Rick Ross documentary which is what I base my information on. I'm sure there are credited sources at the end of the DVD though. I will look into this and let you know. But if ANYONE has information on the LARoss act, please let me know. I'm not saying all he information on the DVD is correct though, I'm trying to find more information on it myself to do some research.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Just wandering by, but I'm wondering what the point is?

I think you'd have to search a while to find anyone that would be surprised that the CIA or the gubmint hasn't used drug trade profits, connections, methods, etc. in their schemes.

It's not like you need a 'smoking gun' in this department to convince anyone.

Bringing down anyone but a pawn will probably not be possible. So why bother? It's just going to make you more upset when you find the level of hypocrisy and greed even exceeds your expectations.

Not saying you shouldn't have a hobby or a crusade. That can be fun. But digging in dirt is like arguing with a vegetarian. You end up covered in tofu and the vegetarian enjoys it.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01

Not saying you shouldn't have a hobby or a crusade. That can be fun. But digging in dirt is like arguing with a vegetarian. You end up covered in tofu and the vegetarian enjoys it.

haha. The point is that Im just trying to get more information. For my personal hobby. Thats all. I just opened the thread to see who else has what opinion on this subject. I'm not trying to bring down the CIA or anything. Just curious, thats all. I mean hell, you could say that about anything here on ATS..."what's the point?" Whats the point of talking about UFOs? Whats the point of the whole Conspiracy section? Its all just for fun man.

[edit on 12/1/2007 by mike_b]

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mike_b

On one hand...

www.pbs.org...

On the other hand, if the CIA was moving the coke to America, they'd have screwed up and delivered it to Bora Bora.

The CIA couldn't run a county fair.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I'm not aware of any websites, but a few books will help you get some more information.

Powder Burns, Dark Alliance, and the Unauthorized Biography of George W. Bush has a few chapters that cover the events of Iran Contra.

The documentary, "Secrets of the CIA" also mentions it briefly, although does not mention Rick Ross (neither does the GWB bio).

That movie I posted about before, American Drug War - has a few interviews with Rick Ross in jail discussing his own point of view on the entire situation.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by mike_b
Reporter Gary Webb was on the trail of Ross slowly uncovering secrets that the CIA may have been involved and was building a pretty successful story when suddenly he was found dead in his apartment. His death was classified as a suicide. However, he had two bullet holes in his head. Who shoots themselves twice in their own head? Information is power.

Gary Webb died almost 8 years after his expose on the CIA and crack coc aine. He was fired from his newspaper job and could no longer find meaningful work. While his death is suspicious, it was years after he wrote the story and even published a book about it. He wasnt still uncovering anything.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
As an LA native, this is very well known. Crack was personally brought into the neighborhood when people were just beginning to turn around for the better. The Watts riots were starting to fade away in peoples memory and people were moving on up like the Jefferson's and the Cosby's. Then we had crack, which put everyone back in their place.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by bobafett

The history of drug sales goes back far into our history. During the American Industrial revolution, there was a need to create imports from Asia. If I remember correctly, some of the heavy hitters in rail and sea transport, started Opium mass shipping to Europe and the States.

Fast forward to the Vietnam era, I found some interesting information while I was researching for one of my VA benefit cases. Essentially, the second in command of the CIA stated to a French magazine, that the US had taken over the drug trade that was previously operated by the French. The French had used this drug trade to finance the Indo China war, and we used the same operation to fund our entrance into it.

I then discovered that the CIA operation run out of Thailand, Air America, was doing some more economy of transportation methods used by the early industrialist. We would take over bombs, rice, equipment to a group of people in Laos, called the Hmong. The group was known for Opium production, and since we were trying to buy their respective loyalty we found a market for their opium on the empty flights back. The leader of this group was Vang Pao.

I was amazed to hear last year that this guy, whom was our puppet in the 60's and 70's was still alive. I also discovered that he was in Federal Custody in California for attempting a Coup in Asia.

If this isn't amazing, our puppet that assisted in creating a Coup, was being incarcerated by the U.S. on behalf of a foreign government for another Coup attempt. It looks like the guy is still on our payroll, and he lives in Orange County California.

I look forward to ever getting this guy deposed. Better yet, the current case against the CIA that Morgan and Forester is doing should sit him down for a chat under oath.

Fast forward to the CIA and the current Bush administration led to this research discovery

Chapter 10 in Alexander Cockburn and Jeffrey St. Clair’s Whiteout details US involvement in the heroin trade.

delicately by Karen DeYoung: “After the overthrow of the Taliban government by U.S. forces in the fall of that year [2001], the Bush administration said that keeping a lid on production among its highest priorities. But corruption and alliances formed by Washington and the Afghan government with anti-Taliban tribal chieftains, some of whom are believed to be deeply involved in the trade, undercut the effort.” The italics are mine. Somehow this brings to mind a Michael Ruppert article, "The Bush-Cheney Drug Empire," published in Nexus Magazine. He wrote, “The Bush family's involvement in drug-running is an open secret, but Dick Cheney's direct link to a global drug pipeline through a US construction company is less well known.”

Michael Ruppert, a former LAPD officer, has tracked down the involvement of KBR in the Afghan drug trade and before that in Kosovo. He details how the modern drug trade is carried out with top level collusion and corporate sponsors such as, Halliburton and KBR.

This research led to more CIA connections and Senator Frank Church investigations of the CIA.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01
Just wandering by, but I'm wondering what the point is?

I think you'd have to search a while to find anyone that would be surprised that the CIA or the gubmint hasn't used drug trade profits, connections, methods, etc. in their schemes.

To be honest, I'd say the majority of people would laugh and just call you a "conspiracy theorist" if you brought up the issue. Most Americans really aren't aware of the corruption that surrounds us, and most Americans would be content to pretend it isn't there. It's easy to go around talking about how the US government helps smuggle in drugs, or how every election is rigged, but it's hard to get the average sheep to listen or take it seriously. It takes hard, indisputable evidence to change most people's minds, which is what we are after here. Haven't you ever heard the saying "seeing is believing"? With all the deception and lying that is engraved into modern society, most people have to see for themselves accurate, genuine evidence to actually believe it.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by bobafett

Thanks.

The Rapper Rick Ross stole the name from this man to make himself seem more cool and legit....

But yea this is like the 10th story involving different people where the CIA " Might " have known.....

They are smart and have endless technology and resources....They know a lot more then they are letting on to.

new topics

top topics

join