It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why must EVERYBODY Die?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   
God this bothers the hell out of me. Why is it that nearly 75 percent of the threads posted are doom and gloom, death and destruction, end of days type of crap. Now don't get me wrong, I find some of the end of the world threads interesting, but come on people, do all of you really want this to happen? Oh and I just love the nostradamus prediction threads. News flash..... If you take old poems/ quatrains or whatever the hell they are and "loosely" translate them, you can almost always make them work into whatever you want them to be.

I love the solar flare "killshot" theory. Please. It would take one hell of a flare up to wipe life off this planet.

The second coming or "rapture" is one of my personal favorites. My older sister is a born again and she used to scare the hell out of me with the, "if you do not devote your life to god you will burn for eternity in a fiery pit of lava" crap. Listen people, if you ask for forgiveness you will get it. End of story. Stop with the scare tactics. Everyone is free to believe what the want. So stop cramming it down my throat.

Aliens, aliens, aliens. Now I personally think we have/are being visited. But in no way would they come here just to enslave/ kill/ eat us. Think about it for one second. Why would they? There are trillions, and trillions of other galaxies in the universe, and I'm sure if they are intelligent enough to come here, it wouldn't be to start a war (and you guys wonder why there is no disclosure, half of you yokels would start shooting at them before the president addressing the nation speech was over).

So to all you ultra paranoid tin hat wearing folks listen up. GET OUT OF YOUR PARENTS BASEMENT!!! It's a big world out there enjoy yourself once in a while, It probably WON'T kill you.

Now I feel much better!

DISCLAIMER: The above rant is just the authors opinion and isn't worth a toss. So please spare me the dramatic arguments supporting/ not supporting the above. I DON'T CARE. That's why this is in the RANT forum! Thank you for your time. Now I'm hungry.

[edit on 11/18/2007 by eyes up]

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 07:41 PM
link   

So to all you ultra paranoid tin hat wearing folks listen up. GET OUT OF YOUR PARENTS BASEMENT!!! It's a big world out there enjoy yourself once in a while, It probably WON'T kill you.

BY all ways of technicality, YOU are one of us, the tin hat wearing folks. Its funny that you somehow remove yourself from this fact when it comes to "ranting". Doesnt work for me.
I am married, and I own my home last time I checked. I have a good job, and as far as I know, I'm pretty happy with life. So the part about "GET OUT OF YOUR PARENTS BASEMENT" seems lost on me. Who are you trying to help/insult?

Maybe this is actually meant for yourself?

Thanks for posting.

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Eyes UP,

I hope to see more rants out of you!!! You're one hell of a ranter!!!

Oh God, i havent laughed this hard in a long time.

I agree- LETS LIVE A LITTLE!!!!!

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaiwynn

Obviously you did not bother to read my disclaimer, Or my rant.... Very well that is. I DO believe in intelligent life out there. I DO believe There is something our government is secretly doing somewhere in our solar system. I DO believe in ghosts. I DO believe in god.

I DON'T believe Aliens are going to travel from god knows where and kill us. I DON'T believe Christ is coming anytime soon. I DON'T believe in 2012, Aug 7,9,12, whatever date people make up. I DON'T believe the world is going to end anytime soon.

My Rant was a generalization. I'm not implying all ATS'ers live in there parents basement (all though I'm sure a few of them do).

I DO believe dgtempe got the point of all this.

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   
What a load of toss! Nothing about tax or soft furnishings, any ranter worth their salt adds something about tax or at the very out side, I mean really out of the box, something about throw rugs and pillows!

MonKey

P.S. I am also hungry.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 05:08 AM
link   
I guess I just fail to see your point.
Was it just to Rant for the sake of ranting?
But Grats to Dgtempe for "getting it" :shk:

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 05:20 AM
link   
He is referring to all the gloom and doom nowadays.

He wasnt putting us down, he is one of us. It gets to him/her to read all the doom...it gets to me too.

Regardless, i love this site and would never leave.

Sometimes you gotta have a little sense of humor!!!

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

BINGO!! Give that lady a prize. I love this website, I really do. But yesterday as I was going through some of the posts almost all of the ones I read had to do with death. It irritated me so I ranted. End of story.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   
There there eyes up, I'll make us all some hot tea and cookies and we'll all feel better. Do get your point though. It's kind of tough to feel Julie Andrews 'pretty' when your snottin' all over the place for oh 16 days now.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

I have no response for your post except.......Funny, just funny. I am chuckling to myself as I type. A star for you!

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I understand exactly what you're saying, eyes up. Why is it no one ever has a precognitive dream that predicts sweetness and light? Never. Not once.

The aliens are always out to get us...or they're here to enlighten us because we're too stupid to survive. Never, not once is it because "Hey, those humans seem like really cool people, let's see if they want to be pals."

Gloomy, gloomy, gloomy...

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Exactly! Just once I would like to read a post that's titled:

Aliens showed up at my cousins wedding, Paid for the open bar, then took me and my wife on a 7 day/night all inclusive trip around the galaxy........FOR FREE!!!

But no. Instead we get Alien mechanical device visitation which turns out to be a load of bunk!!

By the way kudos to all you ATS'ers who have the time/patients/skill to debunk (rather quickly might I add) these incredulous tales.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   
This just in. A golden metallic aerial device just landed in my backyard. They rushed in a medical team and they miraculously made me all better.
Brought me a hot Antillian pizza topped with delicious Markons, patted me on the head and said Yzhaa Yzhaa. Nice aliens.
Truth is I think we are considered the cockroaches of the galaxy, we are evaluated, watched, and for whatever reason tolerated.
Oh, then there's that whole overpopulation, pollution, global warming thing. Sorry if many of us can't just be more 'jovial, or astounded by the good news our world is currently enduring'. We'll try to do better for you. I'm personally sorry.

[edit on 19-11-2007 by jpm1602]

[edit on 19-11-2007 by jpm1602]

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by eyes up

Ah ok, Apparently I havent made my rounds enough.
I just took it as read, go figure
I offer your thread three jesters, jesting.

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I no longer fear my own demise as I have now begun to prescribe to
Ali G's theory on death. As the wise man himself once uttered when speaking to C. Everett Coop:

"I like to tink dat four outta five people is definetly gonna be after death thing appen to dem... one outta five..........jobless, keepin goin.....keepin it strong............I ope."

Respec.

[edit on 20-11-2007 by AugustusMasonicus]

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Eyes up, it gets back to what I always say, ancient prophecy and the modern day imagination do not mix. What the ancient prophets predicted and what the modern day imaginations of man think they predict are completely different things.

[edit on 20-11-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   
we must not all die.....

we must be reborn into something more advanced than our present incarnation!.

meet me at the top of the sky!

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

Get yourself some oregano oil drops, to put under your tongue.
It's HOT, but wash it down with some orange juice.
Get someone to get them at a health food store, make sure it's not 'aromatherapy' oregano oil, though.
Please, get better soon.
Happy Thanksgiving!

top topics

join