It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Moon Mapping Mission.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   
The Chinese have launched or are about to launch a satellite that will map the entire surface of the moon from pole to pole.

Does anyone know how seriously the Chinese government treat issues like ET's and UFO's?

Would they freely disclose any anomolies that would be found up there?

What would they have to lose?

It would be great PR for their space technology and against western powers i.e. "The west is hiding the truth from it's people! Whereas the People's Party is -blah blah blah!"

It's all about political gains right?

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I don't expect the Chinese government to disclose any information of their 'abnormal' findings on the Moon, or regarding UFO/Aliens in general.

China has a blooming economy and industry, China already is a major player and will become - already is, according to some - a superpower. Why would they want to change that situation?

A lot of things could come out of disclosure, I don't think anyone really knows what the results are going to be, so I doubt they would want to do anything that could possibly disturb the current world affairs.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by danx

Wow. That's a shame. So big and powerful yet still caring what the other kids on the street think of their new sneakers...

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Anderi

I think something will "go wrong" with the mission before any truths are revealed. I.E., the craft will suffer a catastrophic problem, transmission problems, the antenna fails...

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Rotoplooker

But who would be the cause of the sabotage?

Or are you thinking that the Chinese themselves would try and pull this?

I can understand hiding stuff from the public if you were to directly gain from it. ie. advanced technology; a secret agreement with the US and Russia.

Personally I think it would be easier for governments to disclose and get it over with.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Think about the Chinese gov't. Totally suppressive, jails reporters, numerous human rights violations -- I doubt their space program is going to be open w/ the public. Just look at their space agencies site:

www.cnsa.gov.cn...

[edit on 31-10-2007 by anhinga]

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Seeing as some people claim it's not possible to land on the moon, it sure is taking China a long tie to build their fake lunar TV set. One would think many other nations would have joined in and made their fake claims of moon landings/exploration back in the 60s.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by snoopy

They dont need to land on the moon. Just sent a satellite to orbit around it taking pics from all the angles.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by isitmagic

the reason they're landing on the moon, is to mine helium 3, they are taking photos of the moon first to see where the best place to land is. They could use available images from NASA, but i guess they don't trust them...

[edit on 31-10-2007 by andre18]

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 11:25 PM
link   
This is all getting a tad boring now! They are playing alsorts of fun little graphics of their rockets and satelites zoming around the earths orbit a few times and then winging out to the moon to take loads of pictures. (I'm in Hong Kong BTW!)

The Chinese seem to be more then serious about putting them self on the moon. And at the rate of knots they can build things don't be surprised if the first city on the moon is called New Beijing!

It all seems to be a bit of a waste of time really, they should have just picked up the dog and bone... Operator which number do you require?

Lear... John Lear

Problem solved!!

MonKey

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by snoopy
Seeing as some people claim it's not possible to land on the moon, it sure is taking China a long tie to build their fake lunar TV set. One would think many other nations would have joined in and made their fake claims of moon landings/exploration back in the 60s.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone claiming that it's not possible to land on the moon.

What some claim is that it was impossible to do it - not just the landing, the actual trip, among other things - with the technology present in the Apollo spacecraft and Saturn rockets at the time.

Wether you believe that or not, one thing's for sure: there are a lot of inconsistencies with the Apollo program.

new topics

top topics

join