It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATTENTION ATS MEMBERS! - Can You Be in NYC for the REVOLUTION?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by djohnsto77

Even if AccessDenied said to Duckster: "Hey, Bro, How's this: If I win yer my guest and if you win I'm yer guest?!", that doesn't change the fact that AccessDenied won the raffle and his invited guest get's to go, too.

But..., Question for Someone In The Know (Crakeur, I'm looking in your direction...):

Was it always the case that the solver of SkepticOverlord's puzzle was allowed to bring a guest? Or was this something that came up only after AccessDenied had posed the question?

Sorry, but this is ATS and inquiring minds want to know.

EDIT:
Also, since AccessDenied has stated that he only wished he had eight tickets to give away, may that request be granted as well?

[edit on 31-10-2007 by Tuning Spork]

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tuning Spork
[ Or was this something that came up only after AccessDenied had posed the question?

Sorry, but this is ATS and inquiring minds want to know.

I don't see where AccessDenied ever asked that question to the staff (unless it was via U2U).

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Just to clarify, since I feel somewhat verbally attacked here.
If you read my opening post, I asked for my name to be put in, if another member close to me was willing to make the trip.Duckster is my friend, lives the closest to me, and I owe her a night on the town that didn't materialize a couple of months ago.Of course I thought to ask her first.I thought all along that we were allowed to invite a guest.Yes, that question was answered via u2u.
If you read, no where did I ask her to put her name in as well, not on the thread nor anywhere else.Jack did that.And as an ATS member she has just as much right to do so herself.
I have not even spoken to her, I simply asked on the thread if she would be willing.She replied.

You know, when I found out Jack was having a raffle, I could have cried foul over it, seeing all the posts and weeks of work I put into solving the puzzle.I could've thrown a tantrum over it.However, sorry, I'm above that, and I would have congratulated anyone who won.
AccessDenied

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Just to be clear... this gets one person in the door at the event.

You must be 21 or over (and able to prove it), dressed appropriately (business casual minimum), and make your own way to the event in Manhattan.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Bolding Mine

As for the discussion here, let's try to keep things positive.

AD, Congrats!

[edit on 31-10-2007 by chissler]

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 07:19 AM
link   
It seems this has turned into a problem. On the first page of this thread, I indicated this was for one person. Unfortunately, this is a relatively small venue and we have a long list of invites... we'd love to see as many ATS members as possible attend, but for this our first such event, it's not possible.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   
HOLD the PHONE... After discussing this, we have agreed that it simply isn't cricket to expect someone to stand alone in a room full of people they have never met for two hours.

We (The Amigos and Staff) are going to be very busy, so we won't be available for more than a brief "hello, great to meet you and have a blast!"... This is a working event for Bill, Simon, Stephen (Crakeur) and I after all.

So I don't see how we can expect someone to come this solo.

In that light, we have decided that YES, AccessDenied can bring a guest.

Springer...

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Springer

It would have been nice to say that before the choice was made, I'm sure the rest of the entrants would have been able to get their guest to enter the contest too.

Changing the rules after the game is played is just not cool in my book.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   

WE never had any rules. This was Jak's raffle.

It's really bad form to be complaining here IMHO, this is a FUN thing. Jak was kind enough to raffle it off in the fairest way he could, which he did NOT have to do.

Springer...

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
WE never had any rules. This was Jak's raffle.

This wasn't a rule?

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Just to be clear... this gets one person in the door at the event.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   

No, it was what we thought we had to do when it was posted.

After reconsidering the realities, as I posted above, we changed our minds. The fact we changed our minds had NO impact on the raffle Jak had.

Springer...

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
The fact we changed our minds had NO impact on the raffle Jak had.

Of course it did, I and everyone else entering could have gotten a friend who's already a member of ATS or someone willing to join to enter the raffle too, changing the odds.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Considering we changed our minds AFTER THE FACT and AD had no clue that we would, your point is moot.

END of discussion.

Springer...

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 11:11 AM
link   
If newbies are allowed to enter, may I throw my name into your hat also????

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by traderonwallst

You certainly could have but the drawing has already happened.

Springer...

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Springer

I can see what djohnsto is saying. AD won unfairly whether it was intentional or not.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

no she didn't and, if you want to look at the chances of her name being picked, it went down when the duckster said she'd enter as well. Now, had the duckster's name been picked, I could see the issue but AD was picked with a larger pool so the complaint is somewhat silly

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I said the discussion is over. The decision is FINAL, so let's all get over it and have a nice day.

S...

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Aw, we could have brought a guest? That means I could have entered one of my parents and I could have went (if I won)
That sucks
. Anyway, congratulations "AccessDenied"

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
Aw, we could have brought a guest? That means I could have entered one of my parents and I could have went (if I won)

You tried, taS. You tried.

Now let's all forget that this fork in the road ever happened and get on with it.

AccessDenied, I am sorry. My front row seat at the webcast is bound to be better than yer back row feet in some cramped New York City hotel room!

(At least, that's how I prefer to think of it.)

Wave us a peace sign, will ya? Duckster, too!

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Tuning Spork

I'll be sure to do that, that is if the camera is ever on me...which I doubt.I could be hiding in the corner somewhere.
For sure though, especially with Ducky with me...it won't be a dull night, and we'll smile and wave like the silly Canadian Arses that we are.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join