It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for a specific UFO video

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I've made several searches over the last year hoping somebody would have recorded and posted a UFO video that was shown maybe about a couple of years ago in a UFO documentary either on the Discovery or the AE channel, but I've had no luck. It was perhaps the best UFO video I've seen. Let me describe it to see if anybody here saw it and knows if somebody digitized and uploaded it somewhere, or if you know the name of the documentary.

An old man was driving down some rural road and he saw a UFO off to the side of the road and up a small hill that was hovering next to a radio antenna. He parked his car right across the street from it, pulled out is camcorder, stood behind his car and taped the UFO. It was the middle of the day, the UFO didn't seem to care, it just stayed there, and it was probably only 200-300 feet away, so very close. The UFO was probably 15-25 feet in diameter, so it wasn't a tiny little thing hard to see. As UFO footage goes, it was about the best.

Anybody know what I'm talking about, or know where it can be seen or downloaded? Thanks for any help.

Just another hint, IIRC right at the beginning or in the preview for the show, they showed the footage that is in this video below:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Hi, Elhardt

Are you maybe talking about the UFO filmed near Aviano?

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Does anyone think that's real? I thought it was a radio controlled flying toy until it flew away pretty fast....but that could be faked easily I suppose.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   
The first vid is pretty darn straight, i cant imagine what that would be, somebody above me suggested a missle but theres no way any missles are being discharged in a civilian area, at least in the US, i mean we dont know its not from Iraq ; ), but no it almost looks like a firework at the end, but in all my days of playing with fire and fireworks i'v never seen a firework behave like that, let alone throw up so much dirt when it impacted the ground, and the second one, ahhhh seems too defined compared to the rest of the environment, but maybe its just my eyes and the film, cool find dudes, i hope i'm wrong!

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by internos

i'm getting the feeling it's a master work by a CGI artist, the last part where the flying object just vanishes in to the thin air is very disturbing to think about, but then again feels pretty real cuz that's what people who have seen them say. i have a one big question thou, why any of these ufo video posts don't have the original sound in them?

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Elhardt

If the video you are referring to is the one in the post below yours I agree with you. That IS the most amazing UFO footage ever, if it is real. When I first saw it I was FLOORED.

Do you know which documentary this is from? I've also wondered what others thought of this.

[edit on 12/4/07 by Malynn]

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I like to think that's a real ufo in the links above. I've had quite a close encounter and though the object was totally different there is a similarity. When the UFO (above) opens up those 'flaps' or whatever they are, there's a texture of sorts on the bits that seem to roll back. The UFO I saw was like that all over it's underside. The nearest thing in real life I can compare the texture to is those nests of glossy brown (and dangerous) BEES. When ones moves they all ripple.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   
The problem is that i still don't know if Elhardt was referring to this one:

anyway, i post some more infos about it ...

The film has been firstly sent by an Anonymous to Antonio Chiumiento, who is an ufologist.

In the box containing the film, there was written " I fear".
One year after, it has been sent to other researchers.
The (relatively) better quality of the video on youtube is this one,
titled "UFO over a river in italy":

it.youtube.com...

This is the video of the first time it has been disclosed on TV:
www.youtube.com...

It should have been filmed here:

a closeup of the sighting area

..some guys went to the area f the sighting time after the sighting took place, and took some pics:

... and the distance between Aviano AFB and the sighting location:

On Google Earth, THIS Ponte di Giulio does not appear in the results of the searches.

The column visible in the film is the one of a hydroelectric grid.
The case is still open, if i'm correct:
I honestly don't know the truth about this video: but is true that near Aviano AFB many UFO sightings have been reported.

Other links:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.paolaharris.com...
www.rense.com...

[edit on 4/12/2007 by internos]

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

I remember this video being posted before.

Wasn't the general consensus that it was a RC craft.

I thought ( could be wrong, it was a while ago and I not going back through the pages looking for it ) that the size of the 'UFO' was actually smaller than what it appears in the video. I think someone did some size scaling and found it to be much smaller ( remote controlled ) than it appeared.

I still thought at the time it was a cool video.

On to the Ops video... can't help ya, sorry ( Unless it is the video Internos posted ).

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grailkeeper
reply to post by internos

I remember this video being posted before.

Wasn't the general consensus that it was a RC craft.

I thought ( could be wrong, it was a while ago and I not going back through the pages looking for it ) that the size of the 'UFO' was actually smaller than what it appears in the video. I think someone did some size scaling and found it to be much smaller ( remote controlled ) than it appeared.

For what i know, it wasn't: more than someone guessed it was remote controlled, but not smaller (i mean like a toy), and it would be interesting to see how did they dermine its size since it's almost impossible to make a triangulation basing a construction upon the video;

the only reference point is the tower which suggests that the size isn't of couse the one of a toy

Paola Harris, who studied the case, stated that most likely it was some kind of military rc prototype, but basically the case is still open; i think that she came accross some kind of unofficial explanation by someone from Aviano AFB, which is much close, as you can see, and in which area many sighting have been/are being continuously reported. Aviano is also known as the italian Area 51 because the large amount of strange sightings in the area. But frankly, even the CGI hasn't been conclusively ruled out. The only thing that is sure so far, is that there's nothing conclusive about it, but maybe i'm missing something...

Edit to add:
Rense page about it

THE AVIANO UFO FOOTAGE FROM ITALY

This footage has been around for sometime. It was released in the U.S. by researcher Paola Harris at the 36th Annual International MUFON Symposium in Denver, Colorado 2005. Paola lives in Italy and was given a fourth generation copy by an anonimous source who told her the video was recorded in Aviano, Italy near from the infamous Aviano Air Base, center of a UFO controversy.

According to Paola Harris the original videographer remains unknown and the object seems to be terrestial in origin, more properly some kind of military prototype remote controlled. The feature in which the disc dissapears at the end raises questions for the italian researchers and Paola thinks the military may be involved.

Paola Harris mentioned that this was clearely a flight test since the videographer was in position focusing the camera where the disc appears initially. The object is not CGI. The footage was analyzed in Boulder, Colorado and they concluded this was a physical object most probably a remote control prototype. The case still remains inconclusive.

Santiago Yturria

www.rense.com...

[edit on 5/12/2007 by internos]

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I don't know..it just strikes me as fake, cgi maybe? just the way the camera moes around and the object moves around but still stays in the center of the frame...kinda fishy. JMHO

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Since I hadn't gotten any response for a while I gave up on the thread. Now I see some finally responded. However, NO, that posted video is not the video I'm looking for. That posted video is of course a FAKE. It's computer generated.

The one I'm looking for was a UFO just hovering next to a radio antenna, which from what I remember was sticking up from a very small building. It was up a small hill off the side of a road. The UFO wasn't flying around. There was also the somewhat old man talking about taping it, and mentioning how he stood behind his car with his camcorder shooting the footage.

It had to have been the best REAL footage I've ever seen of a UFO (and I've seen a lot). I'm desperately searching for it. I can't believe I'm the only person who saw that documentary. Somebody else must have seen it and maybe recorded it. So again, if anybody knows what the show was called, or what channel it was on, or actually have a recording, please let me know. (My original post gives a description).

Thanks

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Elhardt
Since I hadn't gotten any response for a while I gave up on the thread. Now I see some finally responded. However, NO, that posted video is not the video I'm looking for. That posted video is of course a FAKE. It's computer generated.

Care to elaborate this statement? I mean, some evidence ?
You know, the only "evidence" presently available is an ANONYMOUS email sent by someone from an university to a tv channel in which a guy stated that the video was CGI. Do you have some proofs that i've missed? And, if yes, then could you be so kind to post them HERE?
Thank you.

[edit on 26/2/2008 by internos]

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Elhardt
I've made several searches over the last year hoping somebody would have recorded and posted a UFO video that was shown maybe about a couple of years ago in a UFO documentary either on the Discovery or the AE channel, but I've had no luck. It was perhaps the best UFO video I've seen.

Hi Elhardt,

Well, I'd be happy to help but it would be necessary to have a bit more detail.

For example, can you recall anything about the person that filmed the video (e.g. which country was he from/in)? Can you recall anything about the documentary (e.g. its narrator)?

You mention that you recall this famous video of something crashing in a desert appearing near the start of the relevant documentary. While that video litters the Internet, it has appeared in relatively few documentaries. One of those documentaries is "Out of the Blue". I'll embed a link to it below.

Google Video Link

The crash video appears about 6 minutes and 17 seconds into that video.

Is this the relevant documentary?

If you fast-forward to 55 minutes and 40 seconds into the documentary, there is a video that may be the one you are looking for. For ease of reference, I'll embed that clip below:

I'd also be interested in your answer to the questions posed by Internos in relation to the Aviano video.

Kind Regards,

Isaac

[edit on 26-2-2008 by IsaacKoi]

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dont Taze Me Bro
I don't know..it just strikes me as fake, cgi maybe? just the way the camera moes around and the object moves around but still stays in the center of the frame...kinda fishy. JMHO

That's my main problem with it as well. From the get go he has it locked dead centre in frame. It pretty much stays that way until it shoots off, or more likely, is faded out. To avoid having it faded out of the footage look obvious he doesn't pan with it then, even though he's been perfect up til this point. It's when there's obviously no trace of it left that he pans and zooms into the area it disappeared into. At first I thought it was a cool remote device of some kind but as a result of it probably being faded out I'd go with CGI, or maybe a mix of both.

The fact that it stops dead centre in front of a landmark to try and give it a sense of scale puts big question marks over it for me. So nice of the pilot to know exactly where to stop to give the camera operator the best shot possible. Too perfect. It's a really cool video though, props to whoever made it.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Elhardt

When I saw your post I immediately thought of this one. May or may not be the one you are looking for...

Taken in Costa Rica, however, this man used a cell phone camera.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by IsaacKoi

Well, I'd be happy to help but it would be necessary to have a bit more detail.

I'd also be interested in your answer to the questions posed by Internos in relation to the Aviano video.

Thank you very much IsaacKoi ! (I'll answer about the Aviano video in my next post). Looks like I don't need to provide anymore info, because you found the UFO case I was talking about. Yep, they show a close up of the antenna with the building next to it, up on a small embankment, next to a rural road, just as I remembered. And the UFO moves and wobbles slowly also as I remember.

Just a few things that seem different than I remember though. Either that same UFO case was covered by another documentary, and that's what I saw, or my mind over the past couple of years is playing a few tricks on me as fallible human minds can do. Here's what I thought I remembered about that UFO case when I saw it (mentioning this just in case it leads to another show that covered this particular case). (1) That they actually showed the guy who shot the video, and he kind of acted out what he did, meaning he said he got out of his car, stood behind it with his camcorder and started shooting video. (2) Video of the UFO hovering next to the Antenna and at a rather close distance. (3) They mentioned that the antenna was used for both military and civilian purposes, which I thought was strange at the time, as I wouldn't think they would share resources like that. (4) That the documentary was only an hour long. (5) That I saw the documentary only a few months before I bumped my cable service back down to the basic level which meant that all those stations that run documentaries aren't available to me anymore. And that happened in April 2006, so I almost definitely saw it later than 2003. But you never know, it could have been a rerun.

But I guess it's possible I'm wrong on all those counts. However, at least after all the asking around, we've finally pinpointed the exact UFO case I was talking about. They claim there was 12 minutes of footage, yet we only see a few seconds. Typical. I considered this to be a quality UFO sighting, however somebody through some doubt in my mind when they mentioned that the name of the guy who took this footage was Rod Dickinson, but that there is a crop circle hoaxer also from England named Rod Dickenson. I'd sure like to think they're two different people, but am now worred. If anybody ever finds out anymore about this case, please update us. Thanks again.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Care to elaborate this statement? I mean, some evidence ?
You know, the only "evidence" presently available is an ANONYMOUS email sent by someone from an university to a tv channel in which a guy stated that the video was CGI. Do you have some proofs that i've missed? And, if yes, then could you be so kind to post them HERE?
Thank you.

First, I've seen lots of real UFO video and lots of faked UFO CGI videos, and this looks exactly like faked CGI stuff for a number of reasons.

First off, real UFOs are rather plain and bland looking, but when people design fake computer generated UFOs they always do stupid things that don't make sense functionally or aerodynamically. This Aviano UFO has huge bulky protrusions all around it, a racing stripe, and according to the info related to the video, they claim vents can be seen to open up under the UFO when it hovers and that's why it spins around. UFOs use anti-gravity, they don't have vents that open up and they aren't shaped like this Aviano UFO.

Second, there's the ridiculousness of us believing that some guy just happened to be out shooting some pointless video and just happened to point his camera in the direction of the distance bridge, and low and behold there just happened to be a UFO there which would lead to the best UFO video footage ever. The UFO then flies up to a point conveniently in front of the cameraman, then conveniently displays itself by spinning completely around (hey somebody went through the trouble to model the UFO, might as well show it off and let us see the changing specular reflections and shading so we know its 3D and not a composited 2D image), then at the end of the video it instantly darts away as is done in virtually every single faked UFO video out there.

Third, toward the beginning of the video when the UFO is still quite far away, it doesn't look like its really in the 3D environment. It doesn't appear to have the same atmospheric toning down of the contrast of the UFO as in the background scenery.

Forth, if this were real, it would be the holy grail of UFO videos. But as with all faked UFO videos, nobody knows who took it. It just appears into the public and can't be traced back to anyone. So no questions can be asked or resolved about these problems with the video. They seem to claim it was taken by some air force guy, but the video would be property of the military if that was the case. And I saw ridiculous claims this was an Italian prototype craft. Seems people don't understand the state of man's technology, and that is that we don't have flying machines capable of anti-gravity and sudden speed and direction changes, nor would they be flying them in broad daylight, low to the ground and over populated cities if they did.

Fifth, after software came out for personal computers that allows computer generated UFOs to be synced to background video both in movement and zooming, all of a sudden lots of UFO videos start showing up that are just a little too good. This is just one in a large number of such videos.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Elhardt

I was expecting evidences, but what i see are WORDS.
The original footage has been analyzed in Boulder, Colorado,
by ACTUAL experts, people who debunked many other videos: but not this one.The result has been that what we see is actually there, no matter if it's a RC toy/craft or a intergalactic spacecraft: that's been their take, so it's gone.
Now, what do you think you have spotted in the lossy compressed version of youyube that the experts didn't in the original footage? I mean screenshots, examples, comparisons, technical explanations etcetera ....

[edit on 28/2/2008 by internos]

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by cursedprince

This was supposedly filmed by the Italian Airforce, if the footage was allowed to continue a few seconds after the craft runs An italian fighter jet comes hurtling after it and is caught on film..

top topics

<<   2 >>

join