It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A queston to the friendly UFO belivers...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Lets just pretend that the UFO's where not demons but friendly beings.
Why in Gods Name would they want to have a contact with us?

The US has no contact with the central Asian state of Kyrgyzstan.
www.cia.gov...

Why haven't the US bothered to send an envoy or build an embassy there?
Cause they are an underdeveloped insignificant nation that cant possibly give the US anything in return.

So why are you so in love with Aliens coming here helping us and make things better?

On the other hand an highly developed civilization must have forgotten all about the stone age philosophy such as Buddhas non violence.

Why would they be friendly, and if so why the hell would thy want to make contacts with us?

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eclipse_Solar

Do they have to be either one or the other?

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by wigit

Excellently spoken; indeed, this has been the crux of my statements on the UFO/ET phenomenon. It is also the primary reason why I have reduced my involvement in such topics.

It is currently inevitable that we will subject any new factor/event to our Good-Evil scale, as we aren't too familiar with neutrality. The gods of our religions have been either really sweet or dreadfully evil -- and there is an available plethora of cataclysms to 'prove' the latter. People sometimes fail to realize that if an 'alien craft' somehow wound up here, the 'aliens' on board might be unaware of our existence, much less the details of our culture. Indeed, to immediately subject such visitors to the rigors of our (undefined and occasionally pretentious) moral system would be a grand display of ignorance on our part.

So, to the original poster; I agree. There appears to be a (baseless?) belief that 'aliens' will appear to play messiah at some point in the (eternally) imminent future. Instead of waiting for these beings to rescue us from our predicament (or put us out of our misery), let us pretend our potential visitors are 'friendly'. But more than that, let us also pretend that they are not religious icons at all; let's imagine they are intragalactic explorers who just chanced upon our solar system. Or if the Brane World theory is right, they are inhabitants of another universe-brane, right next to our own. If we consider as many possible reasons as to their existence (if and when proven), we might find ourselves in a less-awkward position when they do appear -- or at least, we might stumble across a reason why they won't appear.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   
that's not comparing apples to apples. scientists do indeed travel to VERY remote places to study other life. scientists generally don't travel across the globe to study other people.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
You sound to me as if you could be talking about two different types of aliens. One the outspace type and the other from another country??? I just think debate is futile unless you are privy to the inner workings of either. To sit in judgement is the reason it is out of your hands...

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   

So why are you so in love with Aliens coming here helping us and make things better?

On the other hand an highly developed civilization must have forgotten all about the stone age philosophy such as Buddhas non violence.

Why would they be friendly, and if so why the hell would thy want to make contacts with us?

They're not gonna come down here and help us, because no one can save us from ourselves.

Why would they be friendly? Who says they are? I'm sure there are both malevolent/benevolent factions.

Why would they try to contact us? The possibilities are endless, and a good amount of them we probably couldn't relate to.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Good point, I think we have something to offer. For instance, if Saudi Arabia did not have oil, do you think we would even go there?

So I think we must have something they want which more than likely is some type of resource.

Another idea is that maybe this was their playground or creation at one point in time and the humans just happened to stumble upon it and had taken it over by force. (why not, its in our nature to take things from others and rule.)

I just have the feeling that the human race really does not belong here. I am not even sure if they found human bones that dates back to the dinosaur period. (I am not sure about this one so don't quote me on it)

I am sure you may go out and read all kinds of Alien Agenda stories and I guess I am still trying to pick my poison that I can swallow for the time being.

Why would they help us, I am sure the Aliens have their own problems then to try and help us figure out how to wipe our butts.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
You sound to me as if you could be talking about two different types of aliens. One the outspace type and the other from another country??? I just think debate is futile unless you are privy to the inner workings of either. To sit in judgement is the reason it is out of your hands...

Your obviously female judging from your avatar that is. And we all know that them women-folks talk before they think.

It was a metaphor. Humans travel all over the world. Aliens all over the Universe. Kyrgyzstan is for us what Earth is for them.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   

You mean you believe they are Demons? Are you looking to change your mind?

The US has no contact with the central Asian state of Kyrgyzstan.
www.cia.gov...

Why haven't the US bothered to send an envoy or build an embassy there?

You're trying to shoehorn an alien agenda into a human perspective. I know it may be all you or we have, but it doesn't fit IMO.

Cause they are an underdeveloped insignificant nation that cant possibly give the US anything in return.

There you go getting all human on us again. Maybe, just maybe, that's not how it works.

I'm not and they don't. Maybe you wanted a response from someone else.

Why would they be a civilization?

Well, if you're a human looking at it from a human perspective, they wouldn't. So maybe it's just not how you think it is.

[edit on 18/10/07 by Prote]

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Your obviously female judging from your avatar that is. And we all know that them women-folks talk before they think.

Wow, that's extremely sexist. You're lucky if you don't get banned for that little comment.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by an0maly33
that's not comparing apples to apples. scientists do indeed travel to VERY remote places to study other life. scientists generally don't travel across the globe to study other people.

Then what are all those cultural anthropologist doing then?

en.wikipedia.org...

IMO your whole argument fell into fragments with your statement that scientists don't travel to study other people.

How do ethnologist operate then; with psychic vibrations, the internet, AT&T, smoke signals?

I forgot to mention that sociologist also travel and study different societies all over the globe; both primitive societies and very contemporary societies.

Or is it that you don't consider the above disciplines; science?

[edit on 18-10-2007 by whaaa]

[edit on 18-10-2007 by whaaa]

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   

They're friendly. You said so yourself.

If they can make things better, why not?

I know why these hypothetical creatures would want to make contact with me. Personally, I'm fascinating. You, on the other hand...

[edit on 18-10-2007 by Nohup]

new topics

top topics

join