It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Military (DOD) Microwave Weapon Demo Video - Amazing!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 03:19 AM
link   
US Military Demonstration Video Of Microwave Weapon Technology - LiveLeak

This video is shows the effects of the weapon dramatically. A demonstration crowd attempts to form but is unable to create any kind of organized resistance.

This is, without a doubt, the future of crowd control and law enforcement.

[edit on (10/9/07) by AllSeeingI]

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 03:21 AM
link   
i think your link got microwaved...

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by icybreeze
i think your link got microwaved...

I was trying my best to 'embed' this video. I have mastered embedding images and url BBCODE but I cannot find anywhere on ATS that explains how to embed video. I tried searching and the help&FAQ.

Would someone please teach me how to embed video into my posts and threads? Please send me a U2U.

I fixed the link to the video. It works fine now as a hyperlink, but not as the embedded video I was trying for.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Yeah, Dr Stephen Greer claimed weapons like these were used against him about 10 years ago (the Disclosure Project guy). Appearently it feels like your body is going to melt from the inside when they dont turn it off (like they do in this video). Its most likely lethal if they want it to be. Not sure if it leaves any trace. It gave both him and his wife cancer though, and the wife died.

They probably also have this technology with HAARP since it operates with frequencies of all kinds. They could probably hit an entire city with this effect if they wanted to.

[edit on 9-10-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Homeland Security has ordered 14 of them. Quite same in style to the 'alledged' terror weapons similar to this used in the '04 invasion. Those too were mounted on Humvees, but came with an arc-light style mounting.

In essence, it melts things. Cars, buses, people.

Still, the Active Denial System is a great example of lateral thinking. I'm not sure it's the type of 'Eureka' moment I'd tell the kids about though.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 05:47 AM
link   
ADS YouTube Video

[edit on (10/9/07) by AllSeeingI]

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Is there any way that you could possibly defeat the effects of such a weapon?

It seems that it only works on exposed targets, such as the demonstration of the targetting of the hostile inside the building. The hostile only shows a reaction to the beam as he moves in front of the open window, and not when he is hidden behind the wall (even though his body heat signature registers as the camera briefly switches to Thermal-Imaging)

Could reflective Mylar-film such as used to make survival blankets reflect/lessen the effects of the beam from an ADS?

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 07:35 AM
link   
yeah mant hat weapon looks nasty

I think the microwaves dont penetrate deeper than skin deep, or so i've read.

But i wouldn't want it on my eyeball.... ;-0 ouch

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Amazing!

Thank God no one is going to think to use cardboard and tinfoil to reflect the Microwaves! Why, if you construct a parabolic "mirror" out of said items, it will reflect back to the source. It's a good thing no one will think of that!

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 08:06 AM
link   
This is old news here on ATS:

Airman Injured In Heat-Beam Test!

Active Denial System

GOOGLE ATS RESULTS

Talk about crowd control,

for those worried about a police state, this is one of the weapons which I would be concerned about.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by sir_chancealot
Thank God no one is going to think to use cardboard and tinfoil to reflect the Microwaves!

I would have thought something like a photographers' reflective flash umbrella similar to this would be more practical/portable/inconspicuous

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus
Its most likely lethal if they want it to be. Not sure if it leaves any trace.

"Non Lethal" is a misnomer, the term "less than lethal" has been used for official purposes from quite some time now as it is more appropriate. It is only the media and others who continue the usage of the former term. In any case, prolonged exposure when the system is operating at full settings will cause sever health problems and may lead to death. Under normal conditions it does not leave any permanent trace, apart from a temporary red blemish not unlike a heat or sun burn.

Originally posted by Mr Gunter

Absolutely incorrect, this system works by interacting with water molecules in organisms at the molecular level. High energy radiation in the form of microwaves "excite" and energies these molecules instantaneously causing sever pain, but no permanent injury. It does not melt, burn or destroy cars, busses or people, although it can be lethal (see above). Directing it towards a body of water will heat it up; although much more gradually and slowly

Originally posted by citizen smith

Yes, it is not made to be fool proof, as nothing really is. Point is to deter and prevent loss of life. By going through the trouble of developing and employing a countermeasure to the system you will have to exert more effort than normally so the idea is you wont. And if you do then you simply eliminate one option for law enforcement, forcing them to use more dangerous alternative means, possibly even deadly force. Regrettably, some believe than everyone's life is worth something, hence the concerted effort to preserve it. In crowd control situations we do not want peaceful protestors to be target if a select few are perpetrating criminal acts. This is why ADS is accurate to hundreds of yards and the size of the beam can be adjusted accordingly. Not to mention the bad public relations image this system does not provide when compared to say a death (see Black Water USA). In military use the civilian aspect also comes into play but if we can we would like to capture most enemy forces instead of killing them. This way we can get valuable intel and leverage with a particular organization.

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
for those worried about a police state, this is one of the weapons which I would be concerned about.

Only because most people are uniformed and tend to fear anything new, if you are worried about the cry wolf "police state" this should least of your issues. Any theoretical "police state" scenario would not depend on whether or not ADS exists, political and social climate dictates that, means come in second. And as I have already pointed out this system is tame compared to what's available and can be easily substituted by other systems. We do not live in a "police society", if you think so you have no idea what that term actually means, as such respect and obey the law and fear nothing. If any form of organized government with a law enforcement arm is considered a "police state" then there's no point in discussing this further. In that case only total anarchy with no regulations, standard or ruling governing body would suffice, thankfully those nomadic and barbaric days are long gone.

[edit on 9-10-2007 by WestPoint23]

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Wouldnt a heavily mirrored board be able to reflect this stuff back at the operator?

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Gunter

Well, no, not at all. It heats the water in the top 1/64" of your skin to somewhere around 100 to 130 degrees. Nothing melts. Especially not cars or buses.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by citizen smith

It seems that it only works on exposed targets, such as the demonstration of the targetting of the hostile inside the building. The hostile only shows a reaction to the beam as he moves in front of the open window, and not when he is hidden behind the wall (even though his body heat signature registers as the camera briefly switches to Thermal-Imaging)

Could reflective Mylar-film such as used to make survival blankets reflect/lessen the effects of the beam from an ADS?

It's not firing continuously. If you notice the view from inside the vehicle, he moves the crosshairs onto the window and fires the weapon in a burst. You can see the red "firing" icon over the image. It only fires for a second. When the guy moved to the window, the operator put the crosshair on him and fired.

In a building like that, yes, you could tag him through the wall but it will spread some.

Yes, there are technically ways to defeat it, but it's not going to be metal garbage can lids and the like that I hear people bandy about. The wavelength they're using is very short, and it will get into places you don't think about. You'd have to be gooped up like positive-negative man to stop it. Including continuous seals around cuffs, screened shoe soles etc. The casual observer won't have much luck.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by sir_chancealot
Amazing!

Thank God no one is going to think to use cardboard and tinfoil to reflect the Microwaves! Why, if you construct a parabolic "mirror" out of said items, it will reflect back to the source. It's a good thing no one will think of that!

No, a parabolic mirror doesn't reflect things back to a source. It focuses them in the parabola.

But that aside, the vehicle is shielded. And all they'll do is crank the power up and sweep your feet. You'll be dropping your garbage can lid/reflector/whathaveyou in about two seconds and start doing the safety dance as you run away.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
"Non Lethal" is a misnomer, the term "less than lethal" has been used for official purposes from quite some time now as it is more appropriate.

You can't hang with it. Absolutely can't. My biggest fear is that it will start a panic if used in a crowd and people will be trampled, frankly.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I believe this is the "sonic" device used to repel pirates during an attack on a cruise liner off the coast of Somaila. They didn't want to reveal exactly what is was at that stage.

[edit on 9/10/07 by NuclearPaul]

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

You believe what is? The device in the video is not a sonic weapon - it's the first cut of VMAD from the display layout.

What they used on the cruise liner was an LRAD 1000M (warning - pdf).

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join