It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are all schizophrenics or mentaly-ill people really crazy or do they have some kind of supernatural

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vikturtle
I've always been fascinated by schizophrenia. And thinking outside of the box, I've wondered what if what they are seeing is real, the voices real, the hallucinations real and we are the mentally defective that can not see the truth.

I do not think all have supernatural powers, I think many have just been overwhelmed with living and many others have been misdiagnosed and the drugs do not help them find their footing. But I have to say I have heard some of the wisest comments and deepest insights from those society consider insane.

We are quick in this society to say if we do not see it, it does not exist, but I agree with the OP, we are discovering new ideas and discoveries all the time and perhaps we do not know as much as we think we do.

Exactly we do not know and we do not give anything else a chance.

Originally posted by favouriteslave
Heres my take on it.

1. Either that person actually has more than one soul or conscious persona in one body. Like when they were conceived more than one was impressioned on the physical body.

2. Or this person is becoming a personality from their previous life. Like that personality didn't want to end or pass on the torch and let nature take its course. I was strong willed and refused to be left behind.

Definitely not possession. It is possible that many of us have many souls but they only surface in presence of a chemical imbalance.

[edit on 5-10-2007 by favouriteslave]

I like this type of thinking. This is the way allot of people think when they have the disorder at least far as I know in my case. I believe everything I believin nothing.

Originally posted by Ram
I have read through all the post.

There are two things missing - in my opinion.
I'm not talking about the things that are discussed - and mentioned.

1337cshacker came very close to what those two things are that are missing here. The connection and the reason.

We are all connected to a network - Besides being an electronic network (internet) - there is the other network.

Natures network - and our political network.
1337cshacker writing about the functions of nature - Oxygen tanks and all the functions of our bodies. Which is probably how an engineer would think of this mess we are trapped inside. the mechanism of arms legs and all the other functions of the human structure.

That is natures network (we are nature) - And one person mentions a Lion How it would be impossible to have a conversation with a Lion because it's perspective is on another level - or just different.
I always think that small lions - house cats - wild cats (un-house cat's) - give us an opportunity to interact with a smaller version of the Lion. They are big or dangerous to us - because we can handle them - they cannot kill us like the big ones.

Anyway - Natures network - is a network we are connected to - and a part of.
Have you ever heard the "we lost contact with nature"?
It's like someone thinks - we surpassed nature - or it's like a car-race - where the human car drives past the car of nature - and perhaps wins.
And that is where we meet the political network
- because - someone must be driving the car of human society. (order out of caos)

The political network - is a bigger from of control - than our own personal ability to be in control of our bodies - the oxygen tanks and the legs arms and the other functions of the human body.

We are part of that - the political network.
And it affects us! - because some Elite have chosen to be our Gods.

That is the two missing things in this thread.

Natures network - and our political network.
And since this is above top secret - those two missing things in this thread are above our "normal" things - That is placed in front of our noses eyes -and all the other senses we have.

They give us TV media manipulation - They send us letters each month about how much we owe each other, in forms of bills/money. And that is un-natural.
What they inflict on this planet is un-natural.

www.youtube.com... - fake votes.

To get into the subject "Are all schizophrenics or mentally-ill people really crazy or do they have some kind of supernatural"
- I think it's important to understand our connection to nature - And why do we call it super-natural? weird stuff we say..

It might just be natural - but the things and mechanism that controls our caos is un-natural - Which is political.
It's the only un-natural thing on this planet. You can never be mentally sick unless you have a heavy burden from some other source.

The real insane of this world are the ones that thinks they need to act like they are our gods - and off-course our only insanity is us being trapped inside the box they have created.

The goal is "natural living" - we can't get there without a total destruction of politics as they are now. So we stay sick
- And buy the medicine this un-natural power gives us - if we can afford it - and have a job. Because it makes, and diagnose people as sicks.

I don't think any creature loves to be trapped (jumping around a prison ain't that much fun as some would like it to be)
- if the being finds out it is in a prison like state. Or a prison like, state of mind. It wants to break out - understand and take control of nature back to it's natural place. (what is meditation?)
This whole planet - is sick - don't forget that is the greatest influence of all.

And you Americans - You better Vote for Ron Paul.

-
I think it goes through all of us - and we filter it according to the teachings in our society - Or how we was taught to filter natures gift.

If you don't understand what nature is - here is a small proof what it is..

a Picture.

And it will never be disconnected from us - and always influence our minds.
Do you feel connected to natures beauty when going to job - or school in the morning - i doubt it.
There you have it.

[edit on 6-10-2007 by Ram]

You are right but some people are born like this at least I think if it is genetics then it is possible or it develops later in life and maybe the disorder is apart of are nature it maybe our evolution or whatever you wanna call it like studio said. I have read that some schizophrenics use a higher percentage of there brain then other people so that goes back to shacker saying he finds himself mentally superior to others. It also seems that many of the ground breaking discoveries threw history where found from people who have had or have some sort of mental disorder but there are also plenty who haven't so it may have nothing to do with it but I think its because of the way they think its ingenious. Also yes I believe many of us have lost touch with nature because of all the gossip and who ha of today but I also see it as a good thing expanding ourselves in technology but we could make a different approach. They say the body is the temple of god so why not try expanding the human race within themselves. soul,body and mind

Originally posted by Long Lance

Originally posted by g14meilooksee
IBurning women at the steak because they where said to be witches because they had black cats.

.. might as well have been a convenient excuse. you alluded that accusing someone of insanity might be designed to 'shoot the messenger' so to speak, which should probably be applied to the past as well.

Ain't it strange how you can sell today's world how backward and ignorant our ancestors were, without raising concerns about our own shortcomings?

Thats what I'm saying someone has some kind of belief,way of thinking,are unusual or something different then everyone else. Automatically go according to law or government they are crazy shove a bunch of pills down there throat and throw them into a type of prison.

Originally posted by anakin405
Demon possessed? I thought you were an Atheist? Also, according to some blacklisted files, Einstein was mentally ill and was fed Opiates to relax his mind. Perhaps this is why there is speculation on interest in Opium production.

Well I actually do the same thing and thats what seemed to stop the voices. Its a horrible addiction but it helped me. I actually can function now. I recently got in trouble now I'm going to have to give a piss test every week go to drug concealing and see a judge every month. If things go right. I'm scared what is going to happen but I'm praying to god for the best because I'm having a child alittle girl and cant afford for anything else to happen. Please do not look at me different for these everybody makes mistakes and it does not mean one is not a good person.
Why do bad things happen to good people seems like life is a constant fight between good and evil.

Originally posted by bergle
reply to post by wantsome

Jeese, you guys....The very first thing you HAVE TO take into account is that you cannot trust the mental health professionals!
The travesty of the incarceration and confinement of perfectly good minds is one of the biggest scams of the modern age.
One thing that must always be taken into account is that the mental health professionals are workers in an INDUSTRY!
This industry has tortured and drugged persons since before Freud.
....gradually turning into the tangled mess that we see today.
Woe betide the poor booger that comes into their powers.
They are the very essence of the problems they "diagnose "most people with.
Having come into contact with this weird situation personally it is obvious to me that the people who work in this INDUSTRY are themselves touched with the same madnesses .....the absolute idiocy and stupidity of how they "care for"the afflicted persons is sicker than you can ever imagine.
The first thing that happens to a person who is diagnosed with anything in their inventory is the de-empowerment of their whole being.
The so called therapists are more than eager the rack up expensive hours at prodigious rates over years in treating ailments which are mostly imaginary.....their imagination too!
Yes i agree that there are some persons who need to be protected from themselves, and for the protection of others too, are incarcerated.
But the INDUSTRY MUST KEEP THE HOSPITALS FULL!
Consequently, many many people find themselves going through a bad patch, and end up in the hands of these mostly quacks....!
Check out people like Ewen Cameron (former head of the MK Ultra experiments in conjunction with Nazi paper clip scientists imported by the military into Canada.!)
One has absolutely no idea what these vultures have done to people who have come for help or fallen into the mental health industry`s grasp by happenstance.
The cruelty and casual disregard for humanity of mental patients has NOT improved over the old system under which people were incarcerated for life in bedlam.
Please, if you are dealing with these institutions BE CAREFUL!
They have crushed and broken perhaps many more than they ever helped, and they have definitely hastened the untimely deaths or debilitated thousands of their patients.
The very medicines they prescribe are capable of destruction of the finer faculties of the human mind in many cases.
Many of their diagnoses are entirely based on their prejudices and personal agendas.
They are dedicated to making the people they deal with into copies of what they believe to be sane....but they themselves have the power, and are insane!they do not deal in reality, and they do not live normal lives themselves so cannot understand from the outset what we lower grade humans deal with in society...They are elitists and totally unconscionable....,after all they are the model they want us all to comply with.
My suggestion is investigate the mind on your own....look into shamanism more deeply......there are beings who understand much about these realms of consciousness but they don't work in the mental health INDUSTRY>
bergle

That is what I've been trying to say in a different way I do not trust them because they follow agenda and do not know any better then ourselves. They teach them in college things that I do not believe are up to date or liable to every which person because it is the thought of one person or a small group of people. Then they compare them to all of society every last person is different in someway. Also we do not know enough yet but if we keep taking this route seems like we may never know.

Originally posted by phinubian
I am convinced from my reading only that a lot of people that are diagnosed as mentally ill are actually infected with some sort of organism or parasite, that could affect their brain or actually consume some of the matter there, some of which I do think are parasitic worms and such have the ability long term to do things that alter the persons mood and mental state, don't get me wrong I don't believe that all cases are because of this but many could be.

As far as schizophrenia, I think certain drug use could contribute to it, such as use of '___' and heavy usage of marijuana, some people can become schizophrenic that were otherwise normal.

All the rest of the reasons could be caused by some physical handicap or brain anomaly and I think it could be possible that some of these may have rendered or enhanced certain brain function to work out of bounds of normal capabilities and therefore you might see some extraordinary powers that would not be notable in a normal brain.

[edit on 6-10-2007 by phinubian]

It is possible anything is possible.

Originally posted by wigit

Originally posted by Astyanax
Applause

What a fantastic thread.

Some brave, frank and honest people here.

Flags, stars and outdated Way About Top Secrets broadcast.
Totally agree, though I'm concerned about the amount of folk who have mental or emotional disorders. Not just on this thread. It seems quite prolific and I can't help but wonder if a lot of folk would have gotten better sooner if it wasn't for the pills? Or is it something they put in the food these days? No insult to anyone is intended here. I've had times when I haven't felt right inside, feeling bad for no reason, but it goes away. I often wonder if I took medication for feeling bad would I be worse? When my gran died in the early 70s my mum got a wee bit depressed and the doc gave her Valium. She went on taking them and similar meds for the rest of her life, and god help us when she ran out for any reason. I often wonder how much different our lives would have been if she didn't take them. She went to work and she went to sleep and that was it. Sorry for going off topic, I've just noticed there's a lot of folk with a lot of problems they can't cope with without medication.

I do believe it is possible they make people this way because there is something different about them. Its like shacker said maybe our body responds like this because it is not natural and we are not supposed to live like this. It could be in the air,food,water and everything else to terminate a certain type or human or distract them. Who knows but I'm sure it could be discovered someway then that person would disappear some mysterious way. Anything is possible thats why life is so interesting.

Where did you go I miss you so seems like its been forever since you been gone.

Who are you?????

Originally posted by kindred
Interesting topic. Well one thing is for sure. The human brain, (consciousness and subconsciousness) is very complex and I don't think scientist's will discover how it really works anytime soon.

Why is it some people study all their lives and show very little improvement in some subjects such as math. Yet someone who isn't very good with numbers suddenly gets hit by a baseball and then wakes up as a mathematical genius. Basically certain people who suffer some sort of brain damage develop savant abilities literally almost overnight. Why is that? So instead of spending all my life studying, maybe I should just buy a baseball bat and proceed to hit myself over the head with it.
(The idiots guide to higher intelligence).

A savant or idiot savant is someone that expresses extraordinary mental abilities, often in the fields of mathematics, art, or music but set within the context of an otherwise unexceptional intellect. It is a rare phenomenon which occurs in some people with autism and/or certain developmental disorders. Some people have acquired savant-like abilities after suffering from head injuries.

Savantism is usually recognized during childhood and is often but not always found in autistic children. However it is also sometimes acquired in an accident or illness, typically one that impairs the left side of the brain. There is some research that suggests that it can be induced, which might support the view that savant abilities are innate within all of us but obscured by the normal functioning intellect.

www.wireheading.com...
www.savantacademy.org...

I think it's possible that schizophrenia might be caused by information overload. Somehow the brain cannot process or handle the amount of information that is being thrown at it and this factor results in the person going crazy.

I agree WIGIT. Medication such as anti-depressants affect your brain chemistry and everyone's brain chemistry is different. As a result some people have adverse reactions to certain medications. Currently, there is no simple way to determine whether people will respond well, badly, or not at all to a medication; therefore, pharmaceutical companies are limited to developing drugs using a "one size fits all" system.

[edit on 6-10-2007 by kindred]

Indeed it is interesting

Originally posted by Schizoflux
It's been nice reading everyones posts. I suffer schizo affective, ever since 2002. I know the reason for my illness, it was drug induced by sustained usage of methamphetamine. I deserved what was coming to me. I'm quite familiar with delusions, hallucinations and so forth. I can assure it's all natural, meaning chemical imbalances in the brain... no angels of demons here. Although one can still have a hallucination that he saw an angel very easy. Reality is morphed and warped big time when suffering the illness. Meds are our savior from lock up. Along the lines of evolution I often wonder did Neanderthal suffer mental illness? Poor guy had no meds, no help at all back then. Everyday day we're trying to see reality as best as we can perceive it. And maybe in the future new drugs will come about that will save us

Methamphetamine have been known to induce this illness and as I have been saying no one knows 100% that the hallucinations are fake thats just what they assume because they can not accept what they do not see in a text book. I'm glad you wanted help and seeked it. So you are saying every hallucinations threw history was from some kind of chemical imbalance or disorder. So the bible is wrong in every way. Every person who claims to see a ghost or something else out of the norm is hallucinating in someway. I see that as straight as the spine of a book narrow minded.

Originally posted by Throbber

Originally posted by wigit

Totally agree, though I'm concerned about the amount of folk who have mental or emotional disorders. Not just on this thread. It seems quite prolific and I can't help but wonder if a lot of folk would have gotten better sooner if it wasn't for the pills? Or is it something they put in the food these days? No insult to anyone is intended here. I've had times when I haven't felt right inside, feeling bad for no reason, but it goes away. I often wonder if I took medication for feeling bad would I be worse? When my gran died in the early 70s my mum got a wee bit depressed and the doc gave her Valium. She went on taking them and similar meds for the rest of her life, and god help us when she ran out for any reason. I often wonder how much different our lives would have been if she didn't take them. She went to work and she went to sleep and that was it. Sorry for going off topic, I've just noticed there's a lot of folk with a lot of problems they can't cope with without medication.

I never took medication once, but it still took a while for me to realize just what was going on inside my head - it's the kind of thing that takes serious introspective activity to take care of; you can't simply hide behind a smokescreen of drugs, it'll never deal with the problem.

The problem with your grandmother is probably age, i mean we all die sooner or later, and it isn't uncommon for people to die in their sleep.

You make a good point, though - did she explain why she was depressed?

Often the case is that a doctor has no choice other than to prescribe drugs - the guy doesn't know if it's a psychological problem or a neurological one - neurology is treated with drugs, psychology is treated by a shrink.

It is possible to shrink yourself, btw - but even though i tried i was never certain until i visited the local shrink office.

I love that word - 'shrink', it just makes the world of psychology seem so much more friendly.

My 'shrink' told me an interesting story about the human condition - that everything you think of has an opposite; by thinking "I feel good today" it implies that on other days, you feel bad.

It's like a more specific understanding of the Buddhist precept of humans endure suffering throughout their entire lives - it explains how.

Ever hear of the 'warrior' mentality?

By saying "I feel stronger" it implies that you were weak a few moments ago.

BE strong.

Or using pop-culture as a reference in the form of the infinite wisdom of Yoda - "There is no try, only Do".

I think they are called shrinks because they make you fell little in many ways he he.

Originally posted by fndherway
First, I am offended by the word "crazy." It would be incredibly frightening to have the symptoms of schizophrenia - and crazy would not begin to describe it. The term crazy is more of prejudice term than an adjective.

Second, I am not sure why some people have brain disorders and others do not. But I do know our bodies begin to die the moment we are born - and as we die, things change. I would be more inclined to think people who are diagnosed with schizophrenia had it at birth, but remained dormant until a tragedy, illness or accident caused it to take effect.

I do not put much trust in the mental health field - I have a friend and family member with brain disorders. Both of them lead wonderfully normal lives with episodes that interrupt it from time to time. Doctors do not know enough to help - other than give pills that keep the episodes at bay.

As much trust as I give the mental health field is as much thought I am willing to give the thought of supernatural powers causing schizophrenia or being a "benefit" of the disease. I do not believe the two go hand in hand.

The brain is an incredibly complicated organ that we confuse with the soul. We are NOT what we think, or what we know or what we learn. We are also not what we feel, or what we have or want or need. We are, however, what we make ourselves part of. Good or bad, we are a part of a whole we CHOOSE. We don't get to choose which part we are (that is what we are given), so we have to be careful where we choose to fit in. Schizophrenia can cloud how one sees the part one is. Those of us who are blessed enough to see the big picture can help.

Don't worry about how to classify a person with schizophrenia ----- learn empathy, compassion and strength to help. Or at the very least, stand silently.

Many people have different ways of describing things and yes you are right in some cases it couldn't begin to describe what people go threw in peoples everyday lives. Such as the word love for some it can not even begin to describe how a person fells because sometimes words are just representation for something that can not just be described such as GOD. Yes we are dieing the minute we get out the womb or get into it but we are also growing in many other ways. Have any of you ever heard of the saying some think with there mind others think with there heart. I also believe this is possible with the soul or spirit it can think for you and lead you're path. I also believe no one can see the big picture because everyone has a different picture to focus on and that may lead there path. Whatever it maybe its good they fell the comfort of thinking they do but I also believe you are right because it is possible that we actually know everything but we do not know we know it.

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 09:04 PM
link   
well you can lable me insane, i really don't give a..., ive been diagnosed with bi-polar and schizophrenia. i have frequent voices in my head and im artistic too. i like to smoke weed sit down infront of a paper with a pen and listen to the voices talk to me. i write down everything he says and its usually really intersting stuff. he's inspired me to become a rapper and helps me correct raps and stuff. i'll be reading one of my raps and i'll read a part and then he'll say a word to replace what i wrote. he makes it perfect. we also entertain on the msn. i'll smoke a bowl and go on msn, he'll tell me words and sentences to say and i just type them in my name. some times i sit there for hours on end until my buzz wears out and i can't hear him very well. last week i did my last show and wrote an extremly powerful message on msn, then he said "never again" i typed it and i think im done with that, its been over a year. the next day i got caught smokin weed at school, and im gonna have mandatory drug tests every week if i want to stay in my house, so i wont be entertaining on the internet for sure, and he knew that. heres one of the last things i wrote coming straight from the voices in my head. word.

your out of it, thats when you see the best, not this one, yes mabye, your a spectacle, theres a difference punk, thats the signifigance, punk instead of, theres a million answers, you need to learn a skill, you have to move along, focus, you broke it, what a lunitic, your glasses are gonna be bigger then everybody elses, your corrupt, look like a big baby, its the end, winningly, you are winning me over, write this down, that is not impressive, simple edicate, you'll get it, makes you wanna, i don't have a heart, you have lamonia on you neck, afternoon, you are the devil, your Horhay at the same time(he wants me to change my name to Horhay ha ha), this really doesn't make a difference, how can you marry a man with no wittnesses, thats check, man, lame, let everyone know, ok i'm going to call you tommorrow, and on wednesday, were very innocent, try necrophyliac, try to nail bacon, you gotta keep up to him, your one step behind, its just the first step

theres no real message its just a sample of him talking to me. he also recently told me that the patriots are going to win the super bowl, so bet high if you trust it

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Really I use to think mine help me rap to but I found out that it was all in myself and god has givin everyone so much
. It is possible that other behings,spirits, or something else would help me write the lyrics who knows maybe they still are.

[edit on 8-10-2007 by g14meilooksee]

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 01:29 AM
link   
While there are psychological disorders that keep people from being able to function normally in society, I still believe that there were certain mental "diseases" created for the sole purpose of keeping the majority in the same thought process. I think negative terms such as "insanity" and "crazy" were created so that the average person wouldn't straddle to far away from the "normal" thought process.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostInThought
While there are psychological disorders that keep people from being able to function normally in society, I still believe that there were certain mental "diseases" created for the sole purpose of keeping the majority in the same thought process. I think negative terms such as "insanity" and "crazy" were created so that the average person wouldn't straddle to far away from the "normal" thought process.

Don't you have a more open mind than this?!?!?!

Society IS NOT NATURAL. People today are trapped in a world that is not natural, and is not suited for humanity. The ninja, and other enlightened people, lived for over one hundred years, and the body does not fail at the ages you see them failing today. I have no doubt a 75 year old ninja is capable of bringing down an armed modern war fighter. People today do not take care of their chi or, even realize they have an aura/chi for that matter, thus, this weakens the physical being, causing death and an easily prone imune system. Things like mad cow, asian flu, black death etc, existed long, when the ninja were around, but their immune systems were taken care of with meditation, and proper environment, so they could fight against it. No ninja, or other enlightened people, could get cancer or anything else like that. All reported "real ninja" deaths are by natural cause, and over 90 years old. One enlightened man in the 18th century survived over 30 duels with swords. Its clear people do not know how to take care of themselves today. Things like modern medicine, and hospitals are a BIG waste of money and a scam, if people were in tune, and could harness their chi/aura, then they would not be sick in the first place. The ninja could fix broken bones in weeks/days, because of their advanced mind over matter and chi control. Their are movements and meditations to control healing and other things.

Society has de-evolved, and it is #ing sad.

Google and find info on the philosophy "the artificial womb".

Society, and all "normal" people are nothing but normal. Everyone is slightly different, and normal DOES NOT exist. Only variations of everything.

Other people CAN be crazy and insane without schizo and/or bi-polar. Plenty of people are, you see them killing people on tv everyday. Thats not the schizo type, only 10% of convicted killers are diagnosed schizo. Further, they are proved not to be violent people unless extremely provoked like any other person.

Have a great one!

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Here's a cool little addition to this same topic and I dare you to look into it:

Carl Jung once while observing a schizo staring at the sun and moving his head back & forth, asked him "waht are you seeing," with which the patient answered, "I'm looking at the suns penis, that's where the wind comes from and when I move my head back and forth it moves the penis to create more wind."

Now surprise surprise, Imagine how Jung felt when he discovered later in his career that their exists a 2,000+ year old Spiritual ritual (Mithriac, Mithraism) that allows the person doing the ritual to gain spirtual site/knowledge....one of which is seeing the long tube that comes from the sun producing wind.

These people have insights that we need to be asking them about.

The mithraiac ritual can still be found and done, and is available through the UR Group in Italy headed by Julius Evola from the 1920's.

It's called: Apthanatismos Mithraic Ritual of the "Great Magical Papyrus of Paris"

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
These people have insights that we need to be asking them about.

correction; 'These people' have insights that you need to be asking about - some of us know all about it.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by g14meilooksee
Really I use to think mine help me rap to but I found out that it was all in myself and god has givin everyone so much
. It is possible that other behings,spirits, or something else would help me write the lyrics who knows maybe they still are.

[edit on 8-10-2007 by g14meilooksee]

i have had the same, i was directed to hiphop as a rapper and i have come out with some great lyrics that i otherwise would never of known how considering i left school at 13 and dint even do any exams, watever it was has made me extremly intellgent.
so on that point, it depends cause i know a few skitzos but there not on same wave lenght i guess it jus depends but for me and like the rappers above it has worked

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Hi, i'm new on this web site but when I saw that topic I had to tell something. My ex-girlfriend was schyzophrenic and I can assure you that she wasn't demon possessed or something like it cause she didn't have the black eyes and all that stuff. Second I don't think that she had some kind of power. She's just a unfortunated girl with schyzophrenia...

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I've always been of the opinion that "insane" people, particularly schizophrenics, are in-tune with something that the rest of us are not.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I am "mentally ill," technically. I have been diagnosed with borderline personality disorder, and with social phobia disorder. My psychologist came close to diagnosing me with schizoid personality disorder, but she said that she thought that I had a desire to develop personal relationships, so, that pretty much ruled schizoid personality disorder out.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Funnily enough, i've never been diagnosed with any psychological disorder other than PTSD - it is my belief that all the various paranoias i have arose because of that original disorder.

As for the cause of the tsd, let's just say i realised what i was getting into at a very young age and didn't like it.

As for the supernatural, what can i say other than that it's a possibility...

It's possible for all these people (myself included) to have driven themselves insane, and yet it's possible for them to be influenced in some way by the outside world.

Whether supernatural or not, if there are supernatural agencies out there which derive satisfaction from sending we mere humans insane, it's very likely that they will.

Here's a little theological arguement i just cooked up;

For the existence of God - it is possible that he does not exist, HOWEVER it is also possible that he does indeed exist.

So therefore it is more likely that God exists than that God does not exist, due to possibility.

I'll explain in physical terms - Is it possible that the keys on my keyboard do not exist?

For yes; that the digital information being transmitted along the connections inside the keyboard could merely be figments of my imagination (even though they would still exist within my imagination...).

For no; i would likely resort to physical analogies - that due to the sensory organs inside my fingertips i have first-hand evidence of the existence of the keyboard.

Is it possible that the keys on my keyboard do infact exist?

For yes, i would have to resort reasoning for the 'no' of the keys not existing.

I cannot say no, because it is possible.

From this line of reasoning, i deduce that it is more possible that God does exist, than it is possible that he doesn't.

You can guess where that leaves me on the issue of supernatural mental illnesses.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I think as time goes by science will prove that there will one day proof of paranormal abilities...and that proof will be that it is merely the delusion of the mind. So I would say it is more about the psychic delusion being a mental illness, than a mental illness being a symptom of anything supernatural/paranormal.

If you accept that something is real just because someone says it is, then where does that leave reality?

There is as much proof of paranormal abilities as there is for the existence of Santa Claus, the tooth fairy and my ex having a conscience
If someone were to get to adulthood, in western society, and still believe in the tooth fairy, I feel it is reasonable to assume that something aint right with that persons noggin.

So its not so much a mental illness being a symptom of the paranormal...it is more the paranormal is a symptom of mental illness...

A couple of cents...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join