It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are all schizophrenics or mentaly-ill people really crazy or do they have some kind of supernatural

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I would like to know you're thought on this. Do you think they are possed,have powers,better senses,just crazy or something we can not even think or imagine? Just maybe they made this definition called crazy to cover up something bigger that they do not want us to know about or they might be so close minded that they can not except it maybe something more. Everything is considered crazy till it is proven. In the old days they threw someone in jail for life because they where saying the world was round. People laugh or frown upon something they can not understand or is not the norm. Burning women at the steak because they where said to be witches because they had black cats. who knows all we can do is use are imagination,studies,analysis and theories till something more is proven to exist. Also it is harder to prove something exist now a days then to prove it doesn't.

In another thread I will be typing my story then you will understand why I made this thread and you can tell me what you think my experience was. CHECK IT OUT

[edit on 5-10-2007 by g14meilooksee]

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
This is a touchy subject. It IS possible that mentally ill people are demon-possessed. Not only schizophrenia, but multiple personality disorder should be suspect as having supernatural origin.

No blanket statement can cover this: it would have to be evaluated on a case-by-case basis, particularly since schizophrenia often (always?) has an organic component in the brain.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   
My name used to be Dracotic. I started a thread about this, kinda. It was pretty popular (PLEASE if you are a moderator can you send me what email I registered with so I can get my password?) I was trying to log on to Dracotic but couldn't remember the info. Quite a coincidence. I used to think I was crazy. But alot of the stuff I experienced was later verified. So it is a strange thing. But if you are schizoaffective or schizophrenic don't just assume all cases are the same. You should get mental help first.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Zane Zackerly

I would like to study this or read something that gets involved with this because I have never seen anything on it. If people do not give it a chance how do they know it is not it. I've read long ago that spirts can alter chemicals in the brain so could it not be that they are not there other personality or cause of loss of sanity. I would be willing to participate in the experiment. I also may believe it maybe something diffrent then demons maybe some kind of power the mind may have. Also demonic possed people are known to lose sanity some people use it as an excuse.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Burningfallen
My name used to be Dracotic. I started a thread about this, kinda. It was pretty popular (PLEASE if you are a moderator can you send me what email I registered with so I can get my password?) I was trying to log on to Dracotic but couldn't remember the info. Quite a coincidence. I used to think I was crazy. But alot of the stuff I experienced was later verified. So it is a strange thing. But if you are schizoaffective or schizophrenic don't just assume all cases are the same. You should get mental help first.

I always considers it getting help but then I think what if this is some kind of super natural ability and the medical company's/the man put the medicine here to surpress peoples abilities making them forget all about what is real/fancy. Allot of people on the antipsycotics medicines people like to call them zombies.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   
iam mentally ill with panic disorder but i resent the term crazy.i lost my job of 12 years from it so use a little common sense and have a little respect.the chemicals in your brain going bad or getting unbalanced is what causes it-i did nothing wrong.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Well I'm not a zombie!
I doubt the drugs are intentionally created to deter people from supernatural abilities. I am pretty sure they are there to help. I feel health should always come first before practicing or comeing to the conclusion you may possess abilities of supernatural nature. A good test is to have someone do research or experience what you are experiencing to a lesser degree. As I have done. Collective verifivation. It helps to have skeptics do it with you, as well.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Thought I'd throw my 2 cents in...

Schizophrenia isn't 'caused' by demonic possession, nor do they have the 'power' to see things that aren't there.

When examined, schizophrenics' brains have been found to contain large amounts of dopamine, a chemical that has been linked to hallucinations (people with higher-than-normal levels of dopamine are also more likely to 'see' ghosts or shadows moving or whatnot). Is there something actually there? No - the dopamine imbalance is causing the person to hallucinate.

Another difference in schizophrenic brains are that they have enlarged, fluid-filled cerebral cavities. This could also be linked to some of the symptoms displayed by schizophrenics (paranoia, grandeur complexes, and so on).

An interesting fact about schizophrenia: schizophrenia is the only known disorder that can be passed genetically. Unless you have a blood relative who has been diagnosed with schizophrenia, you will not get it.

Pregnant mothers are advised to get flu vaccinations, because if they contract the flu while pregnant, their child is at a higher risk for disorders, including schizophrenia (if there is a family history of it).

One more fun fact: if a person's schizophrenia surfaces very quickly, usually due to a very traumatic event, there is a much higher chance of recovery.

I'm amazed at how coincidental this topic is. I had my college psychology class at 9 this morning, and we covered schizophrenia. My professor used to work with schizophrenics so she likes to spend at least one day talking about the disorder.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Some folk might be considered insane because they think "outside the box". And folk who think "outside the box" might think the folk who can't think outside the box are insane because they don't think very well. I know what I mean, lol.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Zyanith, I disagree. No blood relative of mine has schizophrenia. Then again it is debatable if I have it. The doctors were unsure.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zane Zackerly
No blanket statement can cover this: it would have to be evaluated on a case-by-case basis

Yes, nobody could really come out and say EVERY MENTAL PATIENT HAS SOME KIND OF SUPERNATURAL POWER.

As Zane said you have to look at each individual case. Some people simply go over the edge when multiple depression/life changing experiences hit them hard.

But there could be the odd linked case. Who knows.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Burningfallen

There are no known cases of a person being diagnosed with schizophrenia that did not have a blood relative with it. While this does not mean that it's 100% impossible for someone with no genetic predisposition to get it (stranger things have happened, after all), I would say that it's extremely unlikely that you have schizophrenia. Especially if the doctors were unsure about it.

Just out of curiosity, did they give you any other possibilities besides schizophrenia?

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arawn

Originally posted by Zane Zackerly
No blanket statement can cover this: it would have to be evaluated on a case-by-case basis

Yes, nobody could really come out and say EVERY MENTAL PATIENT HAS SOME KIND OF SUPERNATURAL POWER.

As Zane said you have to look at each individual case. Some people simply go over the edge when multiple depression/life changing experiences hit them hard.

But there could be the odd linked case. Who knows.

I did not mean everyone with this disease sorry I put it that way some people out there are sick and need help. Then I believe there are some out there that do have something different about there sickness. My girl friend has a degree in phycology and she has worked with people with mental illness. I understand that not all of them have abilities or something supernatural going on with them.

Originally posted by wigit
Some folk might be considered insane because they think "outside the box". And folk who think "outside the box" might think the folk who can't think outside the box are insane because they don't think very well. I know what I mean, lol.

I know what you are saying thats what I meant when I said the world is round.

Originally posted by Zyanith
Thought I'd throw my 2 cents in...

Schizophrenia isn't 'caused' by demonic possession, nor do they have the 'power' to see things that aren't there.

When examined, schizophrenics' brains have been found to contain large amounts of dopamine, a chemical that has been linked to hallucinations (people with higher-than-normal levels of dopamine are also more likely to 'see' ghosts or shadows moving or whatnot). Is there something actually there? No - the dopamine imbalance is causing the person to hallucinate.

Another difference in schizophrenic brains are that they have enlarged, fluid-filled cerebral cavities. This could also be linked to some of the symptoms displayed by schizophrenics (paranoia, grandeur complexes, and so on).

An interesting fact about schizophrenia: schizophrenia is the only known disorder that can be passed genetically. Unless you have a blood relative who has been diagnosed with schizophrenia, you will not get it.

Pregnant mothers are advised to get flu vaccinations, because if they contract the flu while pregnant, their child is at a higher risk for disorders, including schizophrenia (if there is a family history of it).

One more fun fact: if a person's schizophrenia surfaces very quickly, usually due to a very traumatic event, there is a much higher chance of recovery.

I'm amazed at how coincidental this topic is. I had my college psychology class at 9 this morning, and we covered schizophrenia. My professor used to work with schizophrenics so she likes to spend at least one day talking about the disorder.

You are thinking inside the box looking at the average person not taking anything else into consideration. You can show me facts but it does not prove that there may not be something else causing this to people. Also maybe its not coincidental maybe it happened for a reason some people think everything does.

Originally posted by rich1411
iam mentally ill with panic disorder but i resent the term crazy.i lost my job of 12 years from it so use a little common sense and have a little respect.the chemicals in your brain going bad or getting unbalanced is what causes it-i did nothing wrong.

I'm sorry you find the word offensive in anyway I also have mental problem myself or whatever it is. I'm pretty sure I've been around the block and I'm not saying you did anything wrong in anyway. Also you can show me a bunch of facts but can not prove 100% that there maybe not other powers at play here causing the chemicals to go out of wack or doing something causing other problems.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by g14meilooksee

It's not so much thinking inside the box as it is pointing out that no, they don't have superpowers, that schizophrenia is genetic, and that said genes cause higher levels of dopamine, which in turn causes hallucinations.

Sorry, but I'm not going to say "they're all possessed!", because they're not. Nor are they "just crazy". They're people, just like everyone else.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Read my story when I get a chance to post it in another thread you may find it interesting but then you try to explain to me how its all coincidental. I will keep an open mind but I will also keep my own thoughts.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zyanith
reply to post by g14meilooksee

It's not so much thinking inside the box as it is pointing out that no, they don't have superpowers, that schizophrenia is genetic, and that said genes cause higher levels of dopamine, which in turn causes hallucinations.

Sorry, but I'm not going to say "they're all possessed!", because they're not. Nor are they "just crazy". They're people, just like everyone else.

How would you know if none of them have supernatural powers are you an expert on this. Do you even believe ghost,spirts,demons,angels or any spiritual enties? How do you know 110% that its not something else beside the mind it could be spirt,aura,soul,other spirts,powers of the unknown or something else totally different. You did not read everything I put I'm not talking about every schizophrenic I'm talking about some possible few or allot of them who knows. Also everyone is a person no matter what it be. I love any living creatures and see them as all life forms. It does not matter alien, animal or human.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Also they are coming out with new discoveries and theories everyday I mean tomorrow they could discover something ground breaking finding ghost,the afterlife or something else. Then this would actually be takin into consideration but now since this is the unknown people see this possibility or way of thinking as bogus or unorthodox. Most of the greatest people threw out history have been fraternized or looked at as crackpots till people realize they where right then it was ground breaking and earth changing.

My fortune cookie fact of the day

Anything is possible because possibilities are endless.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   
My father suffers from paranoid schizophrenia, and he was the sole reason left ithe house. It's a horrible thing trust me, if he takes his meds he is okay, if he is off them for even a few months the effects starts to creep in. He had given most people he knew different names, wrote strange symbols on papers and on the walls, thought that the guy next door was sending him 'shockwaves' and a whole lot more, he really did go bad...

I'm glad to say that he my old dad is back to normal, and it's not that they 'see' things that no one else does, but they also believe the most radical concepts, 300 hundred years ago, yes, they would probably say you were possessed or something, but for now, as long as he is on olanzapine he is good to go, i will never ever think of him as crazy, it's just a condition, one that can me solved with little side effects.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I have extreme paranoia with schizophrenic tendencies and trust me....im not supernatural ,possessed or anything else along those lines

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Smugallo
My father suffers from paranoid schizophrenia, and he was the sole reason left ithe house. It's a horrible thing trust me, if he takes his meds he is okay, if he is off them for even a few months the effects starts to creep in. He had given most people he knew different names, wrote strange symbols on papers and on the walls, thought that the guy next door was sending him 'shockwaves' and a whole lot more, he really did go bad...

I'm glad to say that he my old dad is back to normal, and it's not that they 'see' things that no one else does, but they also believe the most radical concepts, 300 hundred years ago, yes, they would probably say you were possessed or something, but for now, as long as he is on olanzapine he is good to go, i will never ever think of him as crazy, it's just a condition, one that can me solved with little side effects.

I'm sorry to hear that but I'm glad he got help and found something that helps him meaning the medicine. I mean what I'm saying is kinda like Constantine I guess but not as dramatized. You know that movie with the angels and demons all that how his parents put him in a mental hospital because he has a supernatural ability. When I was going threw my episodes or whatever its called I was telling the future speaking to ghost recording it on a recorder then showing my parents. They still thought I was mentally sick till I did it in front of them and they seen that I was really talking to them. My mom had a priest come to the house the next day because I got in toach with an evil spirt or a mean one. He said rah rah rah rah # # # you shut the # up. I mean I'm sorry all of you people out there who have something going on with life involving this I'm no trying to offend you in anyway I've been hearing voices since 16 and so so so so many more other things beside voices. Involving things that where supernatural I'm 21 now they are gone now within the last year but I still hear them from time to time but they where not voices from my head I mean they where in my head but not what everyone thinks they are they where something else and my family,girl friend and I know it. I will post my story see what you think it is all actual events and you can put you're 2 cents in trying to explain it to me. It is a pretty long story because there are so many unexplainable things.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join