It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Burma Monks Petition, please support them

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 04:19 AM
link   
*snip* LICK_TF_TRACK

THIS WILL TAKE UP TWO MINUETS OF YOU TIME TO POTENTIALLY HELP THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE, It is worth it!

If you want to make a differance please sign this petition.

Add it to every forum you are involved in

Pass it onto everyone you know.

I have started two threads in forums and have e-mailed and texted everyone I know. A mass of people really can stand up to a small minority who think they own our planet trapsing around with weapons to make everyone think they are all powerful promoting FEAR NOT LOVE.

This is not a world the MAJORITY WANT TO LIVE IN! and it is that very MAJORITY that CAN make a change because the will of the masses will eventually WIN.

Thankyou for your time

A very precious thing

Love and Peace not hate and war.

Mod edit: to remove petition link

[edit on 11/9/2007 by kinglizard]

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Last I heard this petition had was a third of signitures off 1 million. I hope by now that target has been met.

If you haven't signed or passed it on yet please do so

cheers

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I don't think this kind of petition has any of the desired effects.

What are those people from avaaz going to do with it? How can someone use such a useless thing as an on-line petition to force a government to make something?

Useless, in my opinion.

If we want to stop this type of actions by governments or other powerful entities we must show them that we know who they are and that we have the means to affect them where it hurts them most, usually in the bank account.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I went ahead and signed the petition. However, you do realize that you're not supposed to post petitions at ATS, right?

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   
And why do they want my postal code and cell phone number?

Frankly, I do not trust some organisation that I never heard off asking me my name, phone number, e-mail and postal code.

And a petition where the only validation they do is to see if the e-mail address has the [email protected] format is even more useless than I thought at first.

[edit on 16/10/2007 by ArMaP]

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, Avaaz cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems.

Please review this privacy policy periodically because we modify it from time to time.

While this sounds good from the outside, prehaps the OP didnt realize what he or she is posting here..
Sorry not giving out my info.. I suggest you dont either..

Its sad in this day and age, marketing firms will pull heart strings just to get your personal info so they can spam you..

And I dont belive these guys have any cares to these monks. But more care about 1 million possible sales..
Its this backwards world IM talking about here.. You know the one we live in right now

(for example, using the numbers we provide to make harassing phone calls), such activities may be reported to law enforcement agencies. In such cases, Avaaz may release personally identifiable information, including name and address, to those agencies.

BTW always read the fine print...

[edit on 16-10-2007 by zysin5]

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   
All it asks for is your email address and zip code. It doesn't ask for your phone number or anything.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   
It asks for cell phone number, although it's not mandatory.

Many people will put it there just because there is a field for it.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Maybe I just look to far into it.. Something just had marketing scam written all over this..
Dont get me wrong, I would like to do something for these monks, I mean it hit me in the heart.. I just know how this world works.. And if people wanted to really help, I dont see how signing an online form is going to do much good other than give info to marketing firms and the like..

Cause it asks me for my Cell/Mobile:

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Just caught the Canadian Throne Speech. How about Aung San Suu Kyi as a Canadian? The balance was poison pills and the "North".

Cheers,

Vic

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
I don't think this kind of petition has any of the desired effects.

What are those people from avaaz going to do with it? How can someone use such a useless thing as an on-line petition to force a government to make something?

Useless, in my opinion.

If we want to stop this type of actions by governments or other powerful entities we must show them that we know who they are and that we have the means to affect them where it hurts them most, usually in the bank account.

They handed the petition over to Gorden Brown at No 10 Downing street approx two weeks ago. They staged protests up and down the counrty, they are very active and they are working really hard. You get regular news letters telling you what they are doing and they ask people to get involved by joining in their protests on the same day all over the country (UK) anyway.

Yes we may not make a difference, we not not change a thing but we are letting our governments know how we feel as in ONE VOICE of thousands.
Pressure from the media in the past few weeks is hitting the nerves of the Bumese government, they are worried about the impact this has had on the rest of the world, they are fuming! There is so much tension and tension always snaps at some point.

You get regular indepth e-mails telling you what they are doing which is very good.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
I went ahead and signed the petition. However, you do realize that you're not supposed to post petitions at ATS, right?

OOPs no I didn't realise but thank you for helping x I hope I don't get into trouble

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I do understand some of you being sceptical as there are so many rip off companies etc. I didn't give my phone number. All petitions as for a post code or zip code for statistics.

I am convinced these are genuine good people with their heart in the right place. I have not experianced anything negative.

The newsletters are very informative and give you a chance to get involved in events. Surly they would not go as far as faking events? It is a lot of time and effort on their part to be fair.

I think it is great that a group of people are motivated to speak out and at least try to make an impact, even if they fail, at least we have collectively tried. There is no magic wand in this world

Thank you for you interest and reply's

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I'll support them if they apologize for turning in Christians to the government and persecuting them as they have been for many years.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Reminder:

1e.) Recruitment Content: You will not post advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or solicitations of any kind. You will not collect personal information about forum members for the purpose of sending advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or solicitations through other means (email, U2U, messaging programs, etc.). Doing so will result in removal of your post(s) and immediate termination of your account.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread Closed and opening post edited

top topics

join