It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Exactly is an African American?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   

As far as the all black things like awards, tv, newspapers, etc, that all stems from how whites back then had all white bathrooms, toilets, water fountains, and restaurants.

And if we still had them today it would be justified.

Would you support an award ONLY for whites?

How about the White Entertainment Channel?

Again the # was WRONG back then and it is WRONG today

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
I've often found it amazing how people can have a guilt complex over something their ancestors, ancestors did..... It's bull#.... Let each man truly be judged on merit alone, not skin color, or other discriminating criteria

Exactly !
My ancestors used to sail along the Irish and Scottish coasts raiding and killing and generally being nasty bastards. It's just as well I'm not like them, neither do I have a guilt complex. It was a whole different world then. I dare say that if I had been born at that time, I would have acted as they did. You can't judge people here and now on what their ancestors did.

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 12:17 AM
link   
This whole post stinks of double standards... racism to a black/asian/mid-east/jewish etc etc person is unacceptable... but discrimination against the white guy is a-ok... if you guys in the US had a outstanding white student award i'm sure the blacks would kick up a stink... now i'm no racist (i'm asian, i cop it if anything) but the world is full of these double standards when it comes to equal rights especially in racism and sexism... nowadays a white male is losing their equality quicker than you can say unfair

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 12:26 AM
link   
But the kid is not of African descent anymore than a blue eyed blonde is of American descent. As in the case of Native Americans, we're talking about the original inhabitants of the African continent... not the Dutch that came in as oppressors setting up a system of Aparthied.

Have to differ here.....I am American indian and I have blue eyes....does that make me a nobody....NO...it makes me someone. So, are you gonna call me american indian or a mut or European? Anyway I don't care I'm human. Period...end of disscussion.

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 12:37 AM
link   
As far as the all black things like awards, tv, newspapers, etc, that all stems from how whites back then had all white bathrooms, toilets, water fountains, and restaurants.

And this makes it right?....how?

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 12:57 AM
link   
As soon as I read that the family were South African, I stopped, there is the answer....

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 11:55 PM
link   
STATISTICS ON SUCCESS? by Doug Firebaugh

You can't do it. Look at the facts.
You aren't smart enough. Look at the facts.
You aren't talented enough. Look at reality.
You cannot achieve it. The numbers are against you.
You will never win. The odds are against you.
You should consider the history. It cannot be done.
You will never learn. Look at the past.
You can't do it. Look at the facts.
Tell that to Bill Gates.
Tell that to Henry Ford.
Tell that to Steven Spielberg.
Tell that to Shania Twain.
Tell that to Thomas Edison.
Don't dare tell that to Sammy Sosa.

The only statistics that can stop you in any endeavor are the
statistics that you accept as TRUE. The statistics never
measure:

The Heart.
The Desire.
The Belief.
The Determination.
The Decision.
The Focus.
The Resolve.

All statistics do is give a general overview of what someone
thinks is happening... when it comes to what you can do... the
only thing that matters is what is happening inside of you.
(CLUE!!!!)

STATS... you know what that stands for?

Stopping The Ascent Towards Success.

The only statistic that matters as far as success is
concerned...

Is the WILL TO WIN.

That is the Final Statistic... that will always overshadow all
other statistics...

oh... STATS also stands for...

Stop The Accepting That Success... (can't happen.)

It WILL... if YOU WILL... I hope and pray you caught that...

posted on Jan, 28 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
As soon as I read that the family were South African, I stopped, there is the answer....

Yes, if the kid was white and from Nigeria or something, it might be funny. But he's from South Africa and is most likley Afrikaaner. They don't have the best record of race relations.

posted on Jan, 28 2004 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by MacMerdin

Yes it does.

First of all, white people shouldn't care if there is BET or black award shows.

What does this matter to white people?

Decades ago, blacks couldn't get a education because they couldn't go to school, so they were brought up thinking they were stupid because of the white brainwashing.

If a white man sets up an all white television station then there is a PROBLEM.

Why? Because the only reason a white man will do that is to combat the black television station.

What does the white man have to celebrate?

Hundreds of years of murder, rape, and kidnapping? Or politics and mass media, that's already on TV.

Minorities, espicially blacks, have a lot to celebrate, that's why they have their own tv stations and award shows.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   
That is the most racist crap I have ever heard.

Reverse white and black in your statements and you would have people howling for your blood.

Does two wrongs make a right? Or is racisim OK as long as it is ONLY aginst whites?

The sad part is you can not see the double standard in your statements

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Illmatic chiming in!

Hmm. What's the problem with having a BET? Its white owned anyway.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Hmm. What's the problem with having a BET? Its white owned anyway

I dont have any problem with it white or black owned its just to those that say that a all black something is OK but an all white one is racist.

If one is racist than BOTH are racist.

Both should be allowed or neither.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Well, most channels are all white--even tho they don't say," This is the WHITE channel." (I'm imagingn James Earl Jones saying that.) So, I still don't see the problem.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I just dont like a double standred no matter who it gives priority to.

I ask you a question, would you have a problem with a whites only award or a whites only tv station?

I dont have a problem with a all black award or an all black tv station but how is one racist and the other not?

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   
WHites only award? Hmmm. How many people of color won the Golden Globe Awards the other day? Personally, I don't think its a big issue. I don't watch award shows anyway.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   
You didnt answer my question would you think an award that stated in public that it was only for whites was racist and if so how would it be different?

If some one was not awarded a globe or whatever JUST because they were black that is not only wrong but stupid as well and the problem should be addressed.

I personaly do not care if you have black only awards I just do not see the difference.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   
i smell the harsh odor of a double standard wafing over from the colonel's geneeral direction

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Everyone has double standards...don't lie you do.
there's even racism within races

Just get over it and move on people

There is no conspiracy regarding racism...just a whole lot of ignorance.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   
here's my view:

Either A: get rid of it all thus making everyone equal, or...

B: Blacks keep the Miss Black America and BET, etc, and we get all the same sh*t but only for whites.

Yes, that's my opinion. I wasn't around back in the day, so I don't give a good god dam about past transgressions when thinking of the modern america. Yeah, it sucked that the whites of then were morons and ignorant and the blacks were made to feel inhuman, but that was then, this is NOW. Blacks want black-only things? Then I want the exact same things made for Whites-Only.

Don't like it? Kiss my lilly white a$$. I'm sick of being labeled a racist just because im white and want this bass-ackwards stupidity to stop. Either gimme what I want or get rid of it ALL!

- just starts cursing uncontrolably -

(Sorry, but work was hell and I'm in a foul mood.)

[Edited on 29-1-2004 by JamesLimelight]

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67

Originally posted by MacMerdin

Yes it does.

First of all, white people shouldn't care if there is BET or black award shows.

What does this matter to white people?

Decades ago, blacks couldn't get a education because they couldn't go to school, so they were brought up thinking they were stupid because of the white brainwashing.

If a white man sets up an all white television station then there is a PROBLEM.

Why? Because the only reason a white man will do that is to combat the black television station.

What does the white man have to celebrate?

Hundreds of years of murder, rape, and kidnapping? Or politics and mass media, that's already on TV.

Minorities, espicially blacks, have a lot to celebrate, that's why they have their own tv stations and award shows.

I think you need to go back to toilet training and start over again.. You obviously missed out on quite alot of information. That is such a one sided piece of GARBAGE...
You need to start thinking on YOUR OWN, instead of listening to somebody else's filth and regurgitating it.

You obviously missed out on ALOT of info... my god...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join