It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Exactly is an African American?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling

Originally posted by Lysergic
I think thats called CMT.

*wonders what the hell CMT is*

Country Music Television,

sorry, i can't believe that someone wouldn't know that one. sorry. It's kinda popular up here.

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Now yall know WHY we stay drunk and beat our wives

[Edited on 25-1-2004 by Amuk]

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I was wondering. If an egyptian ran for the award, would they receive the same response?

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

Now yall know WHY we stay drunk and beat our wives

*rolls around laughing*

I just spat coke all over my xbox dammit!

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
I WANT MY WHITE ENTERTAINMENT TELEVISION CHANNEL.

"but wait a minute you cant do that thats racist!"

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
Yall know till we ALL grow up and quit looking at the skin on the man insteed of the man under the skin this # will NEVER get better.

I beleive this sums everything up in a nice little bow.

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   
We're apparantly the one's who hold them back, and if you let them continue digging their own hole, then we are to blame.

It's a catch 22.

I came over here from Canada, and everyone is treated as an equal, there is no segregation, everyone gets along with eachother. There is no AA, there are no black achievement awards. I come over here, and it's a whole other ball game...

I can't even go out in public without seeing an angry black person. I didn't do anything to them, but they look at you with such hate. I'm not saying all, some.
I was out at breakfast this morning, and I had a black woman glaring at me. me and my husband went up to pay for breakfast and she interrupts so she can get some change. Ignorant? I think so. Angry? most definitely. And not to mention, she spawned a little boy, who now carries the same "victimized" attitude.

FYI----I'm all for an equal society, but when this kind of crap is going on all around us, we can't put a stop to it because we're then 'racists" ....

Their sunday pastors, spread animosity toward the white man because apparantly we're trying to get one over on the black man... What exactly are we trying to get over on them??

A white cop can't even touch a black criminal because it's racist... But a black cop can do it and it's fine.

What the hell is going on here? Their getting it from somewhere, and it's creates defeatist attitude.

I can't help what happened all those years ago. I had nothing to do with it, but you know what, it's 2004, and they still can't get over it?? my ancestor's were irish, and i'm over it. They were enslaved also. But also, I don't have someone telling me over and over that i'm a victim.

This makes me so angry!! I can't believe how it is over here.

Talk about doing it to yourself! These guys take the cake!

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flinx
Funny you that you bring up women....because Affirmative Action benefits and applies WHITE WOMEN more than it does blacks and other minorities.

Well if it did, I would believe that Jennifer Gratz would be in attendance by now... BUT she's not.

They favor black woman over white woman first, sorry to break the news to ya.

Even though her gpa was 4.0.... shame shame....

I'll never give any support to u of m as long as I live for acting like a bunch of turkey's. They are a racist school.
And I don't support racism.

[Edited on 26-1-2004 by TrueLies]

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Those expecting to end discrimination, while promoting separate awards, scholarships, and affirmative action....are simply kidding themselves....

Equality is equality, not special rights, separate awards, etc. I've often found it amazing how people can have a guilt complex over something their ancestors, ancestors did..... It's bull#.... Let each man truly be judged on merit alone, not skin color, or other discriminating criteria...and THEN you'll have an end to the nonsense...

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies
We're apparantly the one's who hold them back, and if you let them continue digging their own hole, then we are to blame.

It's a catch 22.

I came over here from Canada, and everyone is treated as an equal, there is no segregation, everyone gets along with eachother. There is no AA, there are no black achievement awards. I come over here, and it's a whole other ball game...

I can't even go out in public without seeing an angry black person. I didn't do anything to them, but they look at you with such hate. I'm not saying all, some.
I was out at breakfast this morning, and I had a black woman glaring at me. me and my husband went up to pay for breakfast and she interrupts so she can get some change. Ignorant? I think so. Angry? most definitely. And not to mention, she spawned a little boy, who now carries the same "victimized" attitude.

FYI----I'm all for an equal society, but when this kind of crap is going on all around us, we can't put a stop to it because we're then 'racists" ....

Their sunday pastors, spread animosity toward the white man because apparantly we're trying to get one over on the black man... What exactly are we trying to get over on them??

A white cop can't even touch a black criminal because it's racist... But a black cop can do it and it's fine.

What the hell is going on here? Their getting it from somewhere, and it's creates defeatist attitude.

I can't help what happened all those years ago. I had nothing to do with it, but you know what, it's 2004, and they still can't get over it?? my ancestor's were irish, and i'm over it. They were enslaved also. But also, I don't have someone telling me over and over that i'm a victim.

This makes me so angry!! I can't believe how it is over here.

Talk about doing it to yourself! These guys take the cake!

Preach on!

Its the truth, blacks (for the most part), ummm, sorry, people of darker pigment, (don't want to be accused of being racist) want the world to be segregated.

There are black only Colleges
There is the Black College Fund
There is BET (Black Entertainment Television)
There is Miss Black America Award ( Whites cannot participate but blacks can participate in Miss America)

I can go on forever but I don't think there is a reason.

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Preach on!

Its the truth, blacks (for the most part), ummm, sorry, people of darker pigment, (don't want to be accused of being racist) want the world to be segregated.

There is Miss Black America Award ( Whites cannot participate but blacks can participate in Miss America)

And you know what...

Funny, how we label something as it is, and everyone can participate because we don't want racism...The purpose is to create a union of all colours.
This is an open society (or so we should think) and it's open to ANYONE who wants to participate.

But I guess EQUAL OPPORTUNITY isn't what they want.
IT'S THE OPPOSITE.

I guess when you have the role of victim perfected, you learn what the pro's are.
Maybe I should start playing victim too so I can get a silver spoon in my mouth.

Must be nice.

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Preach on!

And you know what...

Funny, how we label something as it is, and everyone can participate because we don't want racism...The purpose is to create a union of all colours.
This is an open society (or so we should think) and it's open to ANYONE who wants to participate.

IT'S THE OPPOSITE.

I guess when you have the role of victim perfected, you learn what the pro's are.
Maybe I should start playing victim too so I can get a silver spoon in my mouth.

Must be nice.

They cry for equality yet distance themselves.

And white people are accused of being racist. BET and Miss Black America have to be two of the most blatantly racists things I can think of.

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Preach on!

And you know what...

IT'S THE OPPOSITE.

Must be nice.

And white people are accused of being racist. BET and Miss Black America have to be two of the most blatantly racists things I can think of.

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Preach on!

And you know what...

IT'S THE OPPOSITE.

Must be nice.

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I guess you didn't read the part when I said
"I am for EQUALITY"
nit wit....

And if I have to spell it out for you, I believe I was being,

S-A-R-C-A-S-T-I-C

Do you understand that?

my god....

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 12:37 PM
link   
PS: You posted your thread 3 times... Allll the same thing.
way to use your head.

You usename shouldn't be the "thinker" rather it should be called the "stinker"

good one eh...

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   
get rid of affirmative action and special intrest groups and youll have equality

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 09:11 PM
link   
You guys are kidding yourselves. The whole reason that these programs are still around, is that it was less than 30 years ago that things really started to change. These colleges and programs were set up to balance the equation.

The point is, is that through diversity they have formed a more united front so they can fight oppression. It is still around today in the form of pride.

We are at a middle ground now where the pride is still there, but the memory of horrible things are still in many of their minds.

Just because you don't see it, or it doesn't happen to you doesn't mean anything.

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Those expecting to end discrimination, while promoting separate awards, scholarships, and affirmative action....are simply kidding themselves....

Equality is equality, not special rights, separate awards, etc. I've often found it amazing how people can have a guilt complex over something their ancestors, ancestors did..... It's bull#.... Let each man truly be judged on merit alone, not skin color, or other discriminating criteria...and THEN you'll have an end to the nonsense...

ive been saying that all along

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   
A black skinned person born in Africa and coming to America is an African American

A white person being born in Africa and coming to America is also an African American.

But the only difference between the two is even though they are both African American, the black one will be degraded, the white one wouldn't.

As far as the all black things like awards, tv, newspapers, etc, that all stems from how whites back then had all white bathrooms, toilets, water fountains, and restaurants.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join