It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After alien invasion, do we still have to work?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I mean, I'm dying for an alien invasion here, hopefully we don't have to work anymore what with the fear and chaos and total economic crash due to lost of confidence in humanity.

I'm for alien invasion if they feed us.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   
lol....maybe we will get health insurance too

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I was going to make a Canada joke...but nevermind

to OP: That would be veery interesting. Work is overrated anyway hahaha. But then what would we do if that situation occured?

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I would have to say no to that. It's about as good an excuse as you can get. Other things that might get you out of work might include.

1. A sudden loss of earths gravity.
2. A prolonged pummeling of earth by meteors.
3. The moon falls to earth.
4. The sun goes out, even if just for a day.
5. A sudden increase in earths gravity by more than 100%.
6. Night time never arrived (the night before).
7. Nuclear war.
8. The rapture (if you belive in that) otherwise you'll have to go to work.
9. You win the lottery.
10. You come down with the flu.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by logicize

lies!!! I had to work when I had the flu.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Me too, but I did say 'might'. I probably should change it to 'bird flu' to help pump the propaganda.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Avian Flu coming to save the day for us slackers, hm?

*sigh* I dont see why things would be any different than they are now.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by logicize
I would have to say no to that. It's about as good an excuse as you can get. Other things that might get you out of work might include.

1. A sudden loss of earths gravity.
2. A prolonged pummeling of earth by meteors.
3. The moon falls to earth.
4. The sun goes out, even if just for a day.
5. A sudden increase in earths gravity by more than 100%.
6. Night time never arrived (the night before).
7. Nuclear war.
8. The rapture (if you belive in that) otherwise you'll have to go to work.
9. You win the lottery.

you forgot mad cow disease

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I would be able to work because it wouldn't surprise me personally, but there'd be nobody at work to tell "I told you so!"

We'd either be in a police state when it happened, or would be very shortly after it happened, so to answer your question..........no.

You'll be standing in lines longer than that for Hannah Montana concert tickets to just get a loaf of bread. It'll be such a fun time for all.

Peace

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   
The answer is Yes and No.

Yes, you're going to have to work your ass off and become a farmer to feed your self and your family. So I think (if you do survive) you're going to work harder to survive than you do now until things get straighted out.

Next, if this is a STAGED invasion, then the world government will have everything under their control. So a Staged Alien Invasion will be a good way to reduce the population and solve our strapped resources. Then TADA! (windows 95 logoff.wav) A one world government.

The other half of my answer: NO, you won't have to go to work in your cube any longer whilst check your MySpace account when the boss isn't looking.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Hell no, we make them aliens our slaves. They will be the ones doing all the work.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   
what if they make us the slaves? in that case im going out figthing or ill kiss some alien booty and get a top position like the guy that whips people.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by miguelbmx
a top position like the guy that whips people.

Well if the aliens made us their slaves it would put a small hold on my plan.

[edit on 27/9/2007 by enjoies05]

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by miguelbmx
...or ill kiss some alien booty and get a top position like the guy that whips people.

That quote was actually pretty damn funny!

I hate those sellouts that whip people.

Peace

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by logicize

So true

To OP your view seems very positive i gotta admit ,i have always been more on the "negative" side ..say they are like ID4 aliens ,here for the reason to destroy life.

If it's a alien nuke invasion there will be some who'd survive it (like the Tom Cruises) ,the bunker people and the lucky ones.I still see us working,either to survive & fight them or working for them.

We could be under alien "rule" already & be working for them now without knowing.

In the long run will we ever be satisfied even if we get all we dream of? Humans only enjoy something for so long,that great job will bore us after a few years,not working and having all the cash will wear off,we'd look for some work to do without charge..well most people to say gets bored with anything they do (working or not) and seeks greener grass.

Well i really don't see us stopping to work if they are "good",maybe the first few weeks until we are used to them and their ships ..they probably take our jobs & leech of us.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Well, half of us will have to work and the other half won't. They have made the distinction quite simple.

Those whose birthday is on an odd numbered day will be treated as royalty
and receive wealth beyond their wildest dreams. They will have servants and receive vast knowledge of the universe. Their lifes will never end.

Those whose birthday is on an even numbered day will be forced to work in slave labor camps, and serving the wealthy, toiling their remaining days until they die of malnutrition and exhaustion.

I guess you know where my birthday falls. Luckily, I can't wait.

I suppose I might have just pissed off exactly HALF of the people on this board.

regards...kk

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Sweet, I was born on an odd date.
makes us royalty then

but then again

They have made the distinction quite simple
who is they? Which ones?

[edit on 27-9-2007 by Chiiru]

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Actally the OP brings up a serious point, and that is that those awaiting Disclosure are acting out a traditional Cargo Cult. These religious cults developed in places like the New Guinea highlands after 'civilization' (I use the term loosely) arrived there. This was relatively late as far as these things go. The highlands is surrounded by mountains. Though there was contact along the coast, the highlands was thought to be uninhabited. Very very wrong as the highlands was one of the thickest populated and most culturally diverse areas on earth. It had over 1,000 different languages, for example (an interesting story by itself.)

As what usually happens when a technologically superior culture meets one that is not, the highlanders went from a self-sufficient subsitence level agricultural society to 'poor and deprived' overnight. When they saw all the 'cargo' the white man had coupled with the takeover of the island judicially (missionaries, white man's laws, etc.) they developed Cargo Cults that had a millennial flavor. The beliefs were that the day was coming very soon (like 2012) when cargo airplanes would arrive with all the trade goods ("Cargo" in Pidgin English), the white man and his Christian religion would be kicked out in favor of the ancestral gods, and they would be rich forever. In many areas they built airports in the jungle and camped beside them to await the airplanes. Of course, they did not have lasers to vector in the planes like Greer has for UFOs, but the same ideas apply.

Those interested in this phenomenon might wish to read The high valley by Kenneth E. Read (New York: Scribner's Sons, 1965, 266 pp.) Read was a long-time head of the department of Anthropology at the University of Washington in Seattle and my professor years ago. His book is not on Cargo Cults per se, but deals with the ethnography of the highlands of New Guinea and is a fascinating personal account. Another good book on the subject is The trumpet shall sound by Peter Worsley. (New York: Schocken Books, 1968, 300 pp.) which deals more directly with the cults. And if you want to see a really good movie on the highlands peoples, see Dead Birds. It's outstanding!

Anyway, what goes around comes around. Just waituntil 2012 when Disclosure happens, the aliens reveal themselves, and we will enter an era of free energy and abundance for all. Or not.

[edit on 9/27/2007 by schuyler]

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I like this one. I would love for an alien invasion. anything so i wont have to work anymore.

this way i could spend my time shooting at ET's. just like "mars attacks".

I want just one thing on this website to come true. Look at all the stuff posted here.

There is a couple of tons of doomsday material and nothing really bad seams to happen.

You know, I was watching one of the UFO shows the other night and they were talking about all the UFO crashes.

It finally hit me...If ET's are so smart - they travel great distances to get here, they gotta be a million years ahead of us - advanced technology and all that, How come all they do is crash??

I mean, the show was talking about at least "6 crashes". It seems there more stupid than they are smart.

It reminds me of the old planet of the apes movies - the first guys crash and then in the second movie - they crash too.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Oh yes...a topic after my own heart. I would certainly welcome a very destructive alien invasion...or any other apocalyptic event of global annihillation for that matter. Well...maybe not anything nuclear...I think thats the only type of event that I would really hate to see in my lifetime. Nuclear fallout sucks.

In the event of an alien invasion, we would still have to work to survive. It just wouldn't be rat race work anymore. That would be fine with me. I won't miss the rat race one little bit.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join