It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fifth of November?

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   
we looked at above 60.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

Remember that the most common letters in the english language go in this order (going from most common to less):

E T A O I N S H R D L C U M W F G Y P B V K J X Q Z

Hope this helps you in the event it is using letter frequencies.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 10:36 PM
link   
does any of this have to do with John Stewart/Daily Show/Comedy Network?

Right before one of the commercials tonight on the Daily Show, I saw the 'V' mask flash on the screen..reminded me of the masks some of the mods were using as avatars lately..

I haven't had time to read much of the thread..so forgive me if i am totally off base here

[edit on 10/10/2007 by pstiffy]

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Decipher the text accurately, and win an exclusive invitation to witness...

S.O. says it's a cipher-locked message... which means someone needs to find the right key to decipher the text. I'd bet it involves the numbers 11, 5, and maybe 07.

Just a thought... I could be completely wrong

EDIT: to add I've already looked at the more common ciphers out there and it aint one of those. I think he made this one up himself.

[edit on 11-10-2007 by Zarniwoop]

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Hope you'll be supplying the coffee... i'm not going to miss this and being in Australia makes it a tiring task time-wise to "attend".

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Remember remember the 5th of November
where will you be,what will you see?

Remember remember and never forget
todays a day you wont regret,

Remember remember your part of a crowd
side by side standing proud,

Remember remember the 5th of November
where will you be what will you see?

Remember remember how things used to be
todays a day in History,

Remember remember ATS member
you'll never forget this November,

Remember .....remember.......remember.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Come on ATSers surely someone out there can figure this out. The suspense is killing me. I keep checking back to see if anyone has cracked this yet..or least another clue from SO..Nudge nudge..

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

Originally posted by JustMike
dollnean- ngcniualcy evo, evoui shleeoig cnteint itdntion, crtoea ayald bpisgni
esstefmnf

doing that can get you arrested in several countries

Yes, I know...but - but I'm innocent! I didn't really do it...I only pleaded guilty to stop it getting into the papers (your honor)!!

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

I don't think it's crypted in a number base...I think it is a key word.
Try using a Vigenere Square....
Just my 2 cents....

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zeeko
Remember that the most common letters in the english language go in this order (going from most common to less):

E T A O I N S H R D L C U M W F G Y P B V K J X Q Z

Hope this helps you in the event it is using letter frequencies.

Thanks, Zeeko

I've got a feeling, though, that it won't be so easy to crack even on the basis of letter frequencies. For example, I've got a very uneasy feeling that the hyphen at the end of the first word is not punctuation but represents an actual letter. It would be nice to know if that's the case or if it is really what it looks like (namely, a hyphen). The same goes for the commas and the period ("full stop") at the end.

So far I've tried the usual easy stuff, like "key letter" bases, plus of course interval variations. I've also had a look at the ASCII binary codes for all the letters and characters and then run the codes backwards to find the new letters (and characters) they represent but it still comes out gibberish, with things like ] popping up in place of former letters. I got the same result when I applied Morse code with reversals. Some characters' codes reversed do not give ones that are of any use in Morse.

Now I'm working on a "keyboard position assignment" concept and will again run that with reversed binary codes as well. I don't mind sharing my methods because I can't get to NYC without a small miracle so if it helps someone else then that's cool

Actually I suspect the key to this will be blindingly obvious when someone finally posts the right answer... It really should be something that any of us can crack with a bit of thought but without a need to know Latin or scientific languages. Otherwise it would be too exclusive a pool of members who could solve it. So I think it's a commonly-used code but one which we don't normally see in its codified form but only its final form (such as with the ASCII binaries that our computers read and convert into text for us).

Mike

Edited to fix a rather small but annoying error.

[edit on 11-10-2007 by JustMike]

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
reply to post by Zarniwoop

I don't think it's crypted in a number base...I think it is a key word.
Try using a Vigenere Square....
Just my 2 cents....

I thought of something like that too, but wouldn't the words have to be chopped up?

2PacSade-

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I have the answer. The riddle can not be solved by one person, but the attempt to solve it is what is picture in the communication model below it. Unlike the Aristotelian view of a linear speaker to audience flow, we show in our attempt to solve, the image of the ATS communication model

We together form a collective communication reporting back to the center. This report back and individual u2u'ing is the diagram that the riddle defines.

Truly the diagram shows the process of solving the riddle, and that is the answer to the riddle

And this process is user generated content using a communication model of group contributions with a centralized base of information storage available to all.

[edit on 11-10-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by 2PacSade

No...I believe there is a keyword in this thread...and if you use the chart, you can decode it,just as it was presented...I could be wrong. I already tried both Remember and Donkey, just for the heck of it.There must be another word though.Perhaps Victory?

Edit to add link...
scard.buffnet.net...

[edit on 11-10-2007 by AccessDenied]

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Well if I am wrong, then here is an Idea someone can use. but it does not explain the bad comma, so I really don't believe it to be right.

Many people quote by this

(name) -

So the first word is a proper noun being quoted. Look through the posts for a 10 word quote. See if you can find a name to make fit into first word. Then use whatever method makes it fit as the pattern to apply to rest of message.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I for one would have Imagined that someone would have figured this out by now...

I sure wish I knew the answer...

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

OK So "I" obviously means something here guys....

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone

that's the best part of this. Only SO knows the answer.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
I for one would have Imagined that someone would have figured this out by now...

O.K. So what's up with the capital bold "I" in imagined???

A clue?

2PacSade-

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
that's the best part of this. Only SO knows the answer.

So the encryption order is secret so you have to be part of the noun replaced by SO to understand.

and SO is Skeptic Overlord

[edit on 11-10-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Maybe this has something to do with it.. in the youtube video SO put up... there are words in Red.

if
heard
if
friends
heard
if
friends
neighbors
heard
if
friends
neighbors
country men
heard
if
friends
neighbors
country men
the world
heard
if
listened
that
revolution
if
dynamite
remember remember the 5th of Novembers
revolution
abovetopsecret
new
pm
event
webcam
revolution

These are the words, in order, all in red.

new topics

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join