It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anyone explain this strange experience?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Maybe the fabric of space and time opened up. It's like the matrix had a hole in it and you got to see the inner workings.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ausconspiracies_
could it have been the same phenomena that occurs while driving for a long period of time while exteemly tired, can't remember what it is called but it's what scientists use to "explain" some ufo encounters.

Outside from people falling asleep while driving and crashing into a tree I don't know what you're talking about. I didn't know either that there was also a scientific explanation for ufo encounters on the road... Could you elaborate a bit more on this or point me to some information regarding the phenomena you described? Thanks!

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloakndagger
Maybe the fabric of space and time opened up. It's like the matrix had a hole in it and you got to see the inner workings.

I should have applied to play the role of Neo, maybe I WAS the chosen one. LOL

There was some other explanation that was given to me by a few friends of mine in the past. They were saying that many people who die and are brought back to life by doctors talk about what they saw when they were dead. Many mention being inside some kind of tunnel and seeing a very bright light at the end of it. They thought that maybe I was seeing that same tunnel for unexplained reason and since I wasn't actually dead, I was seeing the outside surface of the tunnel instead of being inside, moving towards the light.

I have never done any research regarding the stories told by these people so I don't know if the tunnel that many mention has been explained scientifically or not...

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Most people who say they have experience the tunnel to the other "world" usually say they see something down the path, or hear something, or get a better understanding of something. Doctors have ruled this as when the brain enters death it releases a chemical that goes into the back of the brain at the most sensitive spot. When the "Brian" dies, it dies slower than the rest of the body. So since this spot is so close to wear we create cretonne causing us to be happy or to little makes us sad. This has also been linked to seizures, depression, ADD, ADHD, etc. Possible reason that most cultures used to wrapped them selves in cloth that was wet and tie it up. So when it dried it would squeeze the life out of them. Causing them to have out of body experiences. Were you dehydrated, not eating enough etc? How was your heath before those days? Maybe you are time?

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Thanks for your excellent comments regarding the tunnel experienced by those people on their death bed. It could certainly give a scientific explanation to their experience. I don't know if the same thing could apply to mine though.

Originally posted by Sinfull
Were you dehydrated, not eating enough etc? How was your heath before those days? Maybe you are time?

Since the event occured 20 years ago I can't say with 100% certainty if I was thirsty at that specific moment but my eating habits have always been pretty much regular and my health condition was also excellent and still is as of today.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Barbadel
Hi everyone,

I'm not 100% sure this is the best thread to post that in so feel free to move it to the right place if needed.

Something very strange occured to me 20 years ago when I was about 18 and I was wondering if anyone here might be able to explain what it was. Since it happened a long time ago, I will try to describe it to the best of my recollection...

Basically, it was pretty late... probably around 1am and I had spent most of the evening working on my bedroom's computer. I was starting to feel a bit tired so I decided to take a small break and lied down on my bed with the lights still on but dimmed down a bit.

This is when it all started...

I was resting on my back, eyes open and as soon as I put my head on the pillow, some kind of "window" appeared right in front of my eyes, 5-6 inches away. The best way to describe what I mean by "window" would be to say that it looked as if a translucent image was sitting in mid air and was blocking some portion of my sight. I could still see the room around the "window" but what was behind it was partially blocked and when I was moving my head, the "window" was following my every movements.

At first, the "window" was showing pure black but slowly, an image faded in. The image was showing something really strange and also a bit hard to describe. It sorta looked like a close up of a long tunnel but the point of view was from outside the tunnel, looking straight at its side rather than from inside and looking down the tunnel. The tunnel was extending both ways so I couldn't see the start or end of it. What was very odd about this tunnel was the surface of its "walls". They looked like they were made of flesh... something similar to intestines skin.

At the same time that the image appeared, a sentiment of fear kicked in inside of me even though I wasn't actually scared. It felt as if that fear was imposed on me the same way as the image in front of my eyes. Then the vision through the "window" started scrolling sideways, revealing more of the hidden part of the tunnel. As it scrolled (towards the left), I could tell that the tunnel was getting bigger and at the same time, the imposed fear inside of me started increasing. After about a min looking at it, the fear had became so strong that I couldn't take it anymore so I decided to get out of bed and turned on all the lights. Yet, the vision was still going and the fear kept increasing even more. I had to find a way of stopping this so I grabbed a book that was on my desk and started reading it. This wasn't an easy task since 3/4 of my sight was blocked by the "window" but I could still manage to read on the edges of it.

It took a little while to concentrate enough on the book to make sense out of the sentences I was reading but as I kept going, the vision started to fade away along with the imposed fear and after approximately 5 mins, it was completely gone.

Since that day, nothing similar ever occured to me again but I have always been wondering what could have occured if I had not tried to stop it.

So I was curious to know if anyone has ever experienced anything like this or could explain to me what exactly happened on that night.

Thanks!

Honestly to me it sounded like you had a Migraine Headache. I used to get them all th time. Sometimes with no pain at all just the "aura" that blocks your sight. When I was a kid I used to watch the aura as opposed to looking past it and the tunnel effect was something i had as well.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   
i could look at this from a astrological point if your post your place ,time and date of birth.
fortune

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by fortune
i could look at this from a astrological point if your post your place ,time and date of birth.
fortune

Ok, here are my details:

I was born in Trois-Rivières, Québec, Canada at 22h20 on May 6th 1969.

Thanks for your help!

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
you have aspects in your chart that indicate you have spontaneous astral projections.this was the mechanism for your odd experience when you were 18.my calculations indicate that this experience happened in late 1987.the last week of november or early december,with the 11/24/87 to 12/6/87 the highest probable dates.outside chance woould be between 12/11 to 12/18/87.though you have astral powers ,you are subject to negative or "muddied"astral energy.
the 87 experience is a unusaul form of near death encounter as usually one is inside the tunnel whereas you were looking at it from the outside of it.this makes me wonder if you were seeing the death of someone else.did you have any relatives die with the next month or two.a grandparent or uncle would be most likely if there was a death.
i assume you aren't familiar with astral projection.often the entire experience is not recalled,rather it can be broken up in your memories.one aspect is dreaming in vivid colors or dreaming of flying or falling.this is in during sleep.another sensations is upon waking,being unable to move immediately.usually one thinks that one is not fully awake,but is actually because the body must "reboot" so to speak when the astral body returns.the fear you felt is because when one's astral body leaves the physical body and moves to the astral pathways,the physical body begins to decay.one's soul or monad of whatever one wishes to call ones life force,leaves the body during astral experiences.if the astral experience is more than about 5 minutes,the chemical processof the body have decayed so much that when the soul returns the body can not regenerate and one is dead.the fear is the fear of death,urging the monad to return to the body.
sooo you are probably subject to either or both of these phenomena.
it is very rare to bring the astral experience back into consciousness as you did.and it is interesting that you have never had any other such experience.thats why i feel the 87 experience was a omen or warning of some kind.
i would also have expectected some type of odd experience to have occurred in early summer of last year/06.sometimes this vibration can manifest as accidents or sudden changes in your like.so potentially ,you could have a accident last summer or a relationship could have broken up,a change of jobs,even some type of legal situation could have arose.
fortune

[edit on 29-9-2007 by fortune]

[edit on 29-9-2007 by fortune]

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Thanks Fortune for this very interesting analysis. As you assumed, I am very unfamiliar with Astral Projection even though I did experiment with this a few times around that age after reading a few articles about this topic. The success I had was pretty much limited to getting my body to "vibrate" almost on demand but I never attempted to push the experimentations any further probably because of a lack of information about the subject and no support from any experienced people.

Regarding my tunnel experience, I just wanted to point out that I wasn't trying to do any kind of experimentations when it occured, I was simply getting in bed to get some rest for a moment. You mentioned that my chart indicated that I had spontaneous astral projections. This could in part explain what happened except for one element: I was still in full control of my body. Am I right to assume that during astral projection, one loses control over his physical body until the astral body returns?

As you also mentioned, the similarities of my experience with a near death encounter was definitely there, as seen from a spectator view rather than someone dying. Could I have witnessed the death of a complete stranger since nobody died in my family around 1987 or was I witnessing their death years in advance? The closest deaths were an uncle in 1994, a grandmother in 1997 and my father in 2005.

I did mention that I never experienced anything like this after that day but I have to say that I definitely had some very strange dreams, before and in the following years, which seemed to be much more than your typical dreams. I could tell you more about them if you think they could be related in some way.

Regarding 2006, I can't think of anything negative that may have occured to me in that specific year.

Thanks again for your help.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by LauraCaren
Honestly to me it sounded like you had a Migraine Headache. I used to get them all th time. Sometimes with no pain at all just the "aura" that blocks your sight. When I was a kid I used to watch the aura as opposed to looking past it and the tunnel effect was something i had as well.

I've had a few migraine headaches in the past but they were nothing even close to what happened to me on that night. I can't see how this would be related to any "medical" conditions...

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Barbadel

Hi Barbadel,
I used to run an alternative bookstore in Sydney, Australia, during the early-mid 1980s. Before that I lived in counter-culture society for several years, and since then I have been editing and publishing various alternative magazines, events etc.

As a result of my fringe activities, I have met many many people who have had 'weird' experiences - some who had various forms of evidence, most who didn't. I have always been fascinated to hear of the many diverse weird things that people experience, and I guess I just wanted to say that I have heard of at least one other person with the exact same description. (I remembered it because when the guy told me, it made me think of some star-trek episode way back).

So - you are not alone in your experience. Also, in case you are interested, I have heard many reports of a human hand emerging from 'nothingness' or from a 'type of hole in the fabric of reality'. Unfortunately these are not pleasant experiences, and the hand usually intimidates or attacks the witness by going for their throat. This latter experience happened to my sister when she was about 6 years old.

I have read of reports of people who see a type of window open up in front of them, and they report seeing people and scenes inside, but of somewhere else. In some cases they are even seen by the people they were observing.

The only things I can see in common, are that all the experiences I have had told to me of this nature have happened to people in their childhood or during puberty. By the time we get to adults, we have the classic 'waking up paralysed' and various classic abduction experience reports only.

I'm pretty sure Fortean Times magazine will have done at least one story on this type of phenomena or experience, so check through their archives or something. The about.paranormal website has a lot of people's person weird reports also.

The one thing I have learned from all this, is that there is far more weirdness in this world that most people ever dream of.

Hope this is of interest.

peace

Duncan

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Sorry everyone to bring back a dead threads.

I was reading this and got me interested. I first thought of sleep paralysis, but then you said you moved around in your room.

This thread is 3 years old, and I was wondering if since then you found a better explanation about it? Or is anyone else heard of the same thing?

And I have more questions:
[1] Was the image a clear image, like you are watching an HD TV, or was it blurry, not precise. As it was a residual effect in your eyes for watching the computer screen for too long.

[2] What was the shape of the "window" ? Rectangle, like a computer screen. Or oval. Or fading out on the edges like a "vision" effect.

Thanks

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daivuk

And I have more questions:
[1] Was the image a clear image, like you are watching an HD TV, or was it blurry, not precise. As it was a residual effect in your eyes for watching the computer screen for too long.

[2] What was the shape of the "window" ? Rectangle, like a computer screen. Or oval. Or fading out on the edges like a "vision" effect.

Thanks for your interest in this strange experience of mine...

Here are the answers to your questions:

1- The image by itself was pretty clear. In computer terms, I could say that the resolution of the image was pretty high but on the other hand, the lighting was very poor, as if the side of the tunnel was only lit by a simple candle. The area surrounding the tunnel seemed to extend into darkness.

2- The shape of the window was definitely rectangular. Similar to the 16:9 aspect ratio we have on TVs nowadays. From what I remember, the edges were straight and the image wasn't fading on the edges.

Since that thread was started, I've been searching the web for similar cases but unfortunately came out empty handed. Some of the previous posts were definitely very interesting but couldn't explain everything. As of today, I've yet to find a simple explanation that would fit with all the aspects of what I experienced on that night...

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
You were hungry and your large intestine was advising you through a vision to eat as you have been ignoring the demands of your stomach.

Or you were looking at the inside of a yube you were eventually going to have to travel down from the point of view of a sperm.

[edit on 16-6-2010 by slugger9787]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I think it's simple.

You were on your bed with the lights low. It's late at night. You've been working very hard. Your breathing slows. You become extremely relaxed. Your eyes start to close. Demons open up a window to show you a tunnel for some reason. I've seen it a hundred times.

In all seriousness, I think that you probably fell asleep.

If it was the result of some sort of intentional outside influence, why would they want to show you this vision of a tunnel?

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Barbadel
I was resting on my back, eyes open and as soon as I put my head on the pillow, some kind of "window" appeared right in front of my eyes, 5-6 inches away. The best way to describe what I mean by "window" would be to say that it looked as if a translucent image was sitting in mid air and was blocking some portion of my sight. I could still see the room around the "window" but what was behind it was partially blocked and when I was moving my head, the "window" was following my every movements.

It is so interesting to me that you posted this just as I was thinking about posting my own experience that has many similarities to this one. I rarely discuss mine simply due to the looks I've received from those around me when I recount it.

I don't know if I should tell it all here or make a new thread, but in the spirit of yours I will say that I also had what I've always described at "a box, as if it was cut out of the world in front of me displaying a movie like image." I was shown a vision of something, something that at the time seemed mundane and completely not special or related to me in any way.

I did not see any sort of fleshy wall as you describe but actual images of people, places and things that meant nothing to me at the time. Interestingly enough mine occurred in the morning, and in front a group of 10 or so friends all gathered in the kitchen. I was actually describing to them what I was seeing to them while I was in this "trance state" without my knowledge. When it was done all someone could say was... "dude WTF was that?" Which were my sentiments exactly.

It took about a year but what I saw in that vision actually happened and when it did I panicked but the crisis was averted and I'm sad to say its has never happened since.(I personally wouldn't mind another go) I'm still blown away in reading your description to how similar I remember seeing mine. Would definitely like to discuss this more with you...maybe in U2U.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Barbadel

Hi, Barbadel, that sounds a lot like an experience I had not long ago, in my doctor's office.
I was sitting there in the little room, you know, the one where they say the doctor will be right with you, but it takes a good half hour? Anyway, I am sitting there meditating, and before my eyes an eye appeared. The eye began to open, and then I saw like you did, a window like, only round, more like a porthole. A tunnel appeared, the sides were as you said, they looked alive, and there was like a spinning effect on the tunnel. As I looked through this tunnel I began to see a yard, and realized it was my yard, from when I was a child. I could see my Mom there, washing clothes on an old Maytag wringer washer, and I saw her chickens in their pen, and our dog, King, laying in the shade of a large oak tree we had in the yard. I saw myself too, playing with my Tonka trucks in the dirt, I must have been 5 or 6. I saw by Dad pull into the yard in his 56 Ford Fairlane. This was so surreal to look at, just then the doctor walked in and brought me out of it. She told me she had seen a flash just as she entered the room.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join