It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio Woman Tasered 5+ Times, Plus kicked

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 09:30 AM
link   
And if were are getting technical - electrocution is a noun - to electrify or electrocute is a verb.

This tasering thing is a little out of control. At the same point, if you are being arrested and kicking and screaming, and the guy says stop or you will get tasered, please just stop. And if you don't, don't wonder why you were tasered.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthWithin

That is not the point we been making, or at least I have been making, it is not to get someone to stop acting a certain way, it is to get them to do something. Their is a differance. Plus he just kept zapping and zapping her.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Redge777

Redge, I grant you that this is an excessive case. But at the same point, if you have the CHOICE of physically pinning someone down who is flailing around and resisting arrest or tasering them, which would you pick?

I am not saying this guy was right, but we don't know the full story on this either.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Redge777
reply to post by minnie

Warren Ohio contact info and home page
www.warren.org...

Mod Edit: Removed phone numbers. Anyone withing to contact the administration in Warren, Ohio, can do so via the link above.
[edit on 21-9-2007 by Crakeur]

the phone numbers if you wish to express your concern are located on this public web page for the city of Warren Ohio.

City council
www.warren.org...

Mayor and Public Service and Safety Director
www.warren.org...

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Cops with big bellies should be tasered till they yell, scream, beg Ok, I'll stop eating donuts, big macs and all the free junk from fast food restaurants between calls.

I sure wouldn't wanna be tased as well as see any one in my family get the treatment. I'm sure the citizens reading this horror story feel the same.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I wonder if these pigs use the taser on their wives and kids at home. Seriously.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by josephus maximus
Yeah it "misfired" because she shouldn't have been able to get up and walk after the first hit! HA! that is probaly why he let her have it again, the batteries were kinda weak!
And honestly I've been tagged with one, it doesn't hurt enough to scream and cry like a little baby. It just startles you thats all.

And that he is on "administrative leave" just means "until things cool down a bit" he'll be back with a fresh tazer in a couple of weeks
and we'll be back to hearing about lindsay's latest drunk binge.

[edit on 21-9-2007 by josephus maximus]

You say it doesn't hurt?

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I am just totally shocked at this type of torture here in my Country. I am so tired of my GOVERNMENT allowing this type of torture to just every day citizens. This is GOT TO STOP. Obviously, this type of device does not belong in people’s hands who do not know when to use it correctly.

It’s time for the government to step in and ban this device. Surely they can see it’s not humane. Enough is Enough already!!! When is this insanity going to stop?

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I don't know if it's posted allready but here goes;

wierd

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthWithin
Redge, I grant you that this is an excessive case. But at the same point, if you have the CHOICE of physically pinning someone down who is flailing around and resisting arrest or tasering them, which would you pick?

I am not saying this guy was right, but we don't know the full story on this either.

The CHOICE isn't there. The only option you have in that instance is to physically try and pin them down. It is not until they get violent and start trying to attack you that you use a stun gun to disable the person. Police officers weren't given stun guns to make their lives and jobs easier on the routine arrest, it was given to them so instead of using a gun they could stun the person.

Its like you are asking "If you had the choice to physically pin them down or shot them in the leg, which would you choose?" Well it isn't really a choice. The taser is a substitute for a gun in situations where killing the person isn't necessary. When they pull out their guns, it is shoot to kill...period. Thats why they have a stun gun, it is a stepping stone between physically pinning the person down and killing them. It is NOT a replacement for physically pinning them down and arresting them like your job entails.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   

And honestly I've been tagged with one, it doesn't hurt enough to scream and cry like a little baby.

Neither does precision sharpened surgical steel, yet both can kill you. Obviously one is the lesser of 2 evils. Thats why cops have them. I'm pretty sure they are a valuable tool, but I'm also pretty sure they are not a necessary tool.

So the question is ~ Is abuse present? The answer is obviously yes, so something must be done. I make that ascertation not from this thread alone but many cases in the media....

ap.google.com...
thepost.baker.ohiou.edu...
www.wowt.com...

The debate then becomes what to do, remove them from service or remove the ones abusing the privilege?

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   
How do you know she is innocent or that they aren't taking ordinary measures? You didn't see what happened prior to this footage, she could have come at them with a knife. The fact that she didn't get out of the car when asked suggests there is obviously something else going on... police don't just ask you to get out of the car when you get pulled over for speeding unless there is reasonable grounds to suspect something else. She could have been driving drunk (certainly acting like it), or the car could have been stolen, you don't know, you just see 30 seconds of footage. The fact that she didn't get out of the car makes it her own damn fault.

For one thing at 23-25 seconds you can clearly see her arms spread wide apart, while the text on the screen says she is handcuffed. I am led to believe that this footage has been taken entirely out of context.

How else would you like the officer to try and get someone to stop being unruly and comply? She was warned several times... it's either a taser (temporary, no damage), or the cop would have to punch her in the face. I would much rather be electricuted for 20 seconds than have black eyes and a broken jaw.

Don't get me wrong.. I'm totally against what happened to the student asking questions of John Kerry, but I think there is something completely different going on here. Now people are just starting to post video of actual criminals legitimately recieving shocks for the sake of it and claiming it as something else by putting an emotion-invoking title like "Old woman tasered"

[edit on 9/21/2007 by Yarcofin]

apc

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redge777
Warren Ohio contact info and home page
www.warren.org...

I've written the city through their feedback form and expressed my feelings on this matter. I compel others to do the same.

It must be made clear to these offenders that if this continues they are going to trigger a violent uprising that will make the LA Riots look like a gay pride parade.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthWithin
reply to post by Redge777

If there are four or five cops, just grab and arm and cuff them. If the officer has fear for his safety or others then use a taser, I believe that use to be the standard for use of less lethal force. I do not believe they need to say, well the police might twist and ankle. If they have to you can hog tie them and carry them out with four people. No harm or threat to police.

One on one taser them, but to taser someone to get them to comply is simply by definision torture.

I predict prisons will begin using tasers regulary, and it too will turn into torture to get compliance, it will start with when they have to do a cell raid, then it will move into the guy who ask for a better fitting sandle.

[edit on 21-9-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Recently this past year. I bought my friend a 1,000,000 volt taser/stun gun. Naturally he wanted to try so i let you QUICKLY tag me on my left arm. I wanted to punch him in face(but being my friend, a gift, etc, all was cool). Anyways i like to spar on occasion, so i proposed that we do something like that. I put on my 8 once sparring gloves, and he had his infamous device. We started out, he was not as fast as I, thank god for me. But eventually he got me right in the ribs. Then shock was so sudden and jolting, my mind left the scenario and I buried my fist in his chest(knocked the wind out of him, but he's fine). This thing is the size of a pack of cigarettes, when the button is pushed, one hears the loudest crack ever from a stun gun. Very intimidating(never did it since). I guess my aim with this is that was just something available on the Internet(e bay, budk, random site such as these), imagine how strong Law Enforcement tasers are. Plus those guns shoot prongs into the skin, far worse then surface contact. Why couldn't "brawny" officers wrestle her down??? That force is far too unnecessary, I have had to play "bouncer" and restrain people (i.e. drunks out of control at parties, fights, you name it ) and those were big guys. Never needed anything but to hold them until they are tired. I've met alot of bouncers and they don't use tasers(big guys and not so big). So why couldn't those police restrain her? Afraid of getting bit? Plus why don't these tasers knocked them out immediately? Because they are not designed to. They just hurt like hell. I agree this is just "legalized torture" for all to see, if they think of "getting out of line". I'm not just talking $H!t, i were to be tasered, that cop in going down . Screw the consequences just because there are more of them does not mean we concede. Who knows maybe I'm just another crazy person waiting to act out and get what's coming to me when I "cross the line". But if no one else will help me, then all I have is me. And I will not stand down. - cpNJ

Once I have the ability, I will be posting some interesting videos.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Apparently this lady like some others do not feel the tazers thus deserve everything they get for not obeying the officers. I mean she was in hand cuffs so she sould have known better then to resist further.

apc

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Tasers are NOT tools to "fight resistance."

Tasers are an ALTERNATIVE TO BULLETS.

Tasers MUST only be used when the officer is physically threatened by a subject.

Tell me HOW a woman ON THE GROUND [and IN CUFFS] is a threat to the officer?

[edit on 21-9-2007 by apc]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   
AM why don't people stand up for this, i swear if there was a chance were i saw an innocent person being beaten and tazed by a cop, i would have to step in because they have then also committed a crime. I saw a video of a soccer game, were cops 4 cops started beating the crap out of this guy that ran on the field, and they were laying punches and probably elbows, in the end people from the crowds ran down and took the cops down, and started giving them a tast of their own medicine. Instead in the usa people just stand around...that is what we are conditioned to do.

And anyone that says otherwise, people this is proof that the cops (allot of them, but not all) are corrupt, and power hungry. Look at new Orleans during and after the storm, cops beat up people on the streets, the kid being tazed, the woman. ITs like every day there is a new video of the police beating someone to a state of unconsciousness...oh and lets not forget about what happened in a Louisianan jail about a month ago, the guards i the jail would beat the living crap out of people that just had to do one night because of not paying a parking ticket.

But hey think of it this way, once stuff goes down, and we see some rights to the constitution taken away, or the nwo trys to take over...well go ahead and beat all the cops you want.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by apc

Well said I agree completly

Remember there were two cop cars there so there were other cops there that could have helpped subdue her or carry her to the other cars. Did you see the charges they threw at her, luckily after this video she is going to have a line of lawyers waiting to help her.

[edit on 21-9-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ATSGUY

Because we are conditioned. I ask you how many cop shows do you have on TV, we have at least 20 all with super human cops putting down the super scum of the earth.

Every weakend one of our news shows runs about 4 hours of prison life to show america how bad prison is and to further condition the authority / peasant thinking. Another shows 4 hours of the worst criminals and how they were caught.

The media supports police and authority almost always.

Americans are domesticated cattle.

Look at some old popular tv shows that you never see anymore, they were shows where the daring individual made the differance and police were less smart beuracracies. Barreta, Rockford, Dirty Harry, Dukes of Hazard, Maverick, Magnum PI, A team, ect.. There are no shows like this now. All good guys are authority, all bad guys are criminals or terrorist. And they dont even show reruns! I miss rockford!

I might just do an article on this

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join