It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio Woman Tasered 5+ Times, Plus kicked

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by minnie

yes it looks like a whole pile of cops feel like they have a license to not only arrest those that resist them but also to torture them while they're at it.and it even looked like the cop in your video was enjoying hearing her scream while ordering her to lay down which was impossible for her to comply with while the juice was making her muscles contract uncontrollably.next week my wife is making me go with her to south carolina usa for a religious festival------for sure after seeing this i doubly want to stay home and babysit the cats or vice versa!

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love

Technically it's not electrocution because there is no amperage, as someone mentioned above. It's shock.

Unless there is a life threatening reason to use electric shock such as, for example, the revival of the heart's proper rhythm, all forms of electric shock applied to human beings are forms of torture.

When a policeman uses a taser and kills the individual, what has happened is electrocution.

Electrocution is common parlance in North America for the application of electricty to a human being for a punitive reason whether or not the applied electricty causes fatality. It is a definition that the editors of the OED recognise as "in flux".

While some are willing to argue what the definition of "is" is, let's not quibble. What has been demonstrated in the last week is that tasers are used as instruments of torture by members of police forces in various parts of the United States of America. This is not just a matter of inadequate training of the police on the proper use of the taser. The device itself is odious as it functions to destroy free will for fear of further torture. It is not simply about the incapacitation of an obstreperous or violent individual. If that were the case, then tranquillising darts would be used instead.

The taser may be called a tool, but it is an instrument whose origins go back to Nazi science gleaned from torture in the prison camps and death camps of the Third Reich.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Pellevoisin

Rock on Pellevoisin
Woot Woot, way to knock that one out of the park

(edit: not important part of message added to avoid short one line message penalty)I had heard that the Nazi did lots of terrible things I would hate to believe that kind of lack of compassion is working its way into america.

[edit on 21-9-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots
Apparently this lady like some others do not feel the tazers thus deserve everything they get for not obeying the officers. I mean she was in hand cuffs so she sould have known better then to resist further.

You idiot (note my watered down language for ATS), she deserved it? He stood there shocking her while she complied with everything he said. What the hell is that, if it isn't torture?

apc

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by shots

To further my point, tasers are potentially lethal weapons. In no way, shape, or form does resisting arrest justify potentially lethal action. It justifies a broken arm or a face full of mace, but not a possible heart attack. Attack a cop, sure you might have a shock comin' to you. But in handcuffs and on the ground with the police in a clearly dominant position over you. HELL NO!

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Pellevoisin

I couldn't agree more Pellevoisin. these things are just savage weapons. And what is more, some police officers are obviously not responsible enough to use them with out a 'fry at the first opportunity' mentality.

I must say, I do wonder how long it will be before a cop with a taser kills a kid.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnmike

you are darned right she deserved it. She kicked out the windows which indicates she was stil out of control.

apc

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Kicking out a window does not justify potentially lethal action.

Again, a broken arm or face full of mace? Absolutely. Possible death? Absolutely not.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by apc
Kicking out a window does not justify potentially lethal action.

well you certainly are intitled to your opinion as I am mine. I stand by what I said she was clearly out of control and refused to follow orders thus subject to them using a waspon that is considered non lethal.

apc

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Non lethal?

You realize you just said that (typed that) aloud, right?

You have been reading the threads about taser related deaths, yes?

Did they deserve to die?

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   
What's next? Are the police going to be tearing off their fake skin covering and showing us their robotic THX-1138 features?

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   
It's not the police holding you down, it's money. If people didn't have house payments, car payments, bills, 'responsibility' in the community, etc. these cops would be too scared to harm the public the way they are doing becuae they would fear retaliation.

I almost think that the plan is to get people so pissed off they start harming officers so it will give them a reason to step up the police to a military equiped level.

If it makes you mad, do it back. Don't turn the other cheek.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I saw this on t.v. yesterday at my Mom's house. Now, being the good repubs that they are they were watching fox propaganda.

The clip clearly stated that this woman was NOT under arrest until AFTER she was repeatedly tased, removed from the car and thrown to the ground where they arrested her.

My Mom and brother were OUTRAGED!!!! So these types of incidents are costing TPTB some of their 'true' base.

I say ban the tasers. Yes, in a normal world, in normal times, they might have their place. However, there is NOTHING normal about the world we find ourselves in now.

They are torture devises which have been placed into too many hands that are to immature to be able to handle the power that comes with them.

My repub brother was yelling, "absolute power corrupts absolutely." It was strange to hear after all the arguments we've had because I've tried to wake them up as to what has been going on in our country, but they didn't WANT to wake up. Now they're shocked.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Sometimes I get really worked up reading the replies on these types of threads. Then sometimes I really wonder how insane some of tin foil hat wearing nuts really are
Please notice how I turn my tin foil hat to the side as I say that

I actually take serious issue with some of these remarks.

josephus maximus
apologize in advance but I have to say in all honesty, she got what was coming to her. One cant get drunk and act like an idiot when in custody of the police. People need to start realizing this and have a little more respect for police officers. Their job is hard enough as it is.
On a good note, since she was a white woman, the poor officer will most likely be not charged with anything.
Tazers rule!!! "Hit her again!!"

I agree one can not get drunk and act like an idiot especially if you are in the custody of teh police, but how did she have this coming to her? Did you actually watch the video? She is doing EXACTLY what this officer tells her to do and he HOLDS DOWN the trigger. That is not a "taze" that lasted a few seconds. It was a continuous blast. So at what point is it enough? You say tazers rule hit her again....... he tazed her until she passed out. How much farther would like him him to go? Tazer her till she dies? Is that the appropriate punishment for someone who is drunk and disorderly?

josephus maximus
Yeah it "misfired" because she shouldn't have been able to get up and walk after the first hit! HA! that is probaly why he let her have it again, the batteries were kinda weak!
And honestly I've been tagged with one, it doesn't hurt enough to scream and cry like a little baby. It just startles you thats all.

Where I am from a comment like this would make people call you an ignorant redneck. Instead of doing that I will simply point out to you that A) you completely contradict yourself. You say tazers do not hurt but he had to tazer her again cause she should not have been able to walk after the first hit. Do you not see the contradiction? And B) your "tazers do not hurt" comment is dead WRONG. If you were hit with one that did not hurt I would venture the guess that you were hit with a tazer much like THIS ONE which is your standard $20.00 stun gun and very common for citizens. It is about 150,000 volts and really would not hurt much but would stun you. Of course WHERE you hit someone with it is also a factor. Tazers accessible to citizens range in power from the 150,000 up to one LIKE THIS which is 1,000,000 volts and can probably give you quite the jolt. Neither of these tazers are what this women was hit with.

Law enforcement use a MUCH DIFFERENT TAZER that can not be purchased by your average person. These Tazers shoot out small darts and give the officer a range of 35 feet or so. If you do a little research on these types of tazer, you will learn that a 3-5 second shock can leave a person on the ground for as much as 5-10 minutes. The one in the video looks to me like the new C2 TASER One review of this weapon for Law Enforcement says:

The new Taser C2® series has almost 100% effectiveness rating. It combines the injury reducing benefits of traditional stun technology with a quantum leap in stopping power via new Electro-Muscular Disruption (EMD) technology. In police studies, the new Taser C2 has a higher instant incapacitation rate than a 9mm hand gun. The Taser C2 shoots out 2 darts attached to 15 feet of wire. 50,000 volts travels over the wires and over-rides the central nervous system providing incredible takedown power.

A higher incapacitation rate than a 9mm hand gun. Just think about that for a minute while you chant for the cop to "taze her again" and if you still feel that way, then you sir are a sadist.

shots
Apparently this lady like some others do not feel the tazers thus deserve everything they get for not obeying the officers. I mean she was in hand cuffs so she sould have known better then to resist further.

You are right! It was obvious to me she could not feel it while she was yelling in pain and doing what she was told! OBVIOUSLY IF she felt it she might have fallen down and cracked her head on the side of the police car...oops she did that didn't she? I hope my sarcasm is noticed. How can you even say that? WATCH THE VIDEO she is DOING WHAT SHE IS TOLD and the officer HOLDS THE TRIGGER to continuously shock her until she FINALLY stands up and falls down and smacks her head on the car.

Yarcofin
How do you know she is innocent or that they aren't taking ordinary measures? You didn't see what happened prior to this footage, she could have come at them with a knife. The fact that she didn't get out of the car when asked suggests there is obviously something else going on... police don't just ask you to get out of the car when you get pulled over for speeding unless there is reasonable grounds to suspect something else. She could have been driving drunk (certainly acting like it), or the car could have been stolen, you don't know, you just see 30 seconds of footage. The fact that she didn't get out of the car makes it her own damn fault.

No she didn't come at him with a knife and I base my opinion on a little thing like THE POLICE VERSION OF EVENTS as described by various media outlets. My question to you is what makes you think she was asked to "get out of the car"? Where do you get the impression she might have been driving drunk? or Speeding? THE FACTS are she was never in any car but a police car. She was actually in a bar and was "ordered to leave". Maybe before forming an opinion you should get the facts.

It is important to note that the police ADMIT that this women was tased BEFORE and AFTER she was handcuffed. If a taser is to control a suspect or gain control of a situation why was she tased AFTER being handcuffed? Is a handcuffed person a threat? Standard Procedure requires p0olice to cuff you BEHIND YOUR BACK so please explain to me how a person with their hands behind their back is a threat or so uncontrolable as to deserve to be Tased?

Denver Post Story

[edit on 21/9/2007 by section8citizen]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   

you are darned right she deserved it. She kicked out the windows which indicates she was stil out of control.

No! This isn't opinion. She didn't kick out the windows at this point.

This took place after any of that happened. She was not at or kicking at the windows while being shocked. At this point, she was complying, not resisting, but the officer continued to, well, torture her.

Also, she didn't kick out the windows - it was kick "at", but the report was misread.

[edit on 21-9-2007 by Johnmike]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by minnie

Clearly over the top. Yes, she was out of control. A big cop like that could subdue and cuff her without repeated tasing. That was misjudgement and cruel. But by the same token, I listen to police scanner often, and things are going from bad to worse in this economically depressed and drug addled society. Living in Cleveland OH the east side is like the wild wild west day to day. A 12 yr old just got iced in the crossfire of drug dealers last week. The only thing we don't have is truck bombs, yet. During the Clinton prosperity years and low unemployment we had all time low homicides. Since the immigrants have taken over and the economy went to the dogs crime is rampant.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I think we should get rid of the Tasers. It seems to me there is too much room for the police to use these things without due cause. I'm sure in a few cases a taser would be necessary, but the risk of serious injury or death out weighs this. And the fact that these folks just can't seem to control themselves when they get the chance to use their new toys.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Well you certainly are intitled to your opinion as I am mine. I stand by what I said she was clearly out of control and refused to follow orders thus subject to them using a waspon that is considered non lethal.

The actual term now used for tasers is Less Lethal. They changed it to both make officers aware of its potential, and to avoid an opening for legal actions that claim officers are not aware of its potential lethality. And I use to work for a company that did law enforcement and specialized military training. I also offer this sources to confirm this usage.

www.less-lethal.org...

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Oh he had probable cause alright. She was either on meth or wet to not go down on one or two tases. If it was me I would have jumped and cuffed her and taken the scratches and the hits till I had her subdued. Tasing someone 5/10's is unacceptable. Their clearly needs to be some kind of operational conditions that are currently not in place.

[edit on 21-9-2007 by jpm1602]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 11:28 PM
link   
It should be noted that the safety of the officers and the control of the suspect is not increased with the use of coercive force. I refer you to this little gem I found and quote some information.

CIA, Interrogation manual 1963 (distributed in this form till 1985)
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The threat of coercion usually weakens of destroys resistance more effectively then coercion itself. The threat to inflict pain, for example can trigger fears more damaging than the immediate sensation of pain. In fact, most people underestimate their capacity to withstand pain...

...sustained long enough a strong fear of anything vague or unknown induces regression whereas the materialization of the fear, the infliction of some form of punishment, is likely to come as a relief. The subject finds that he can hold out, and his resistances are strengthened. "In general, direct physical brutality creates only resentment, hostility, and further defiance" page 90 part 2

On a side note an authority figure on a tv show I am watching Flash Gordon just said "Stop screaming or I will hurt you" this is the type of conditioning all over are police show, prison documentary media I have been speaking of, in many other posts.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join