It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are these objects by the sun?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Hi All,
I was checking out www.spaceweather.com today and they were talking about the Sun and Aurora Activity and so I clicked on the picture of the Sun they had. Well lo and behold there are a couple of objects to the left of the sun that I am curious about. Here is the link to the picture...

www.spaceweather.com...

They are the two black round objects on the left...At first I thought it was dust on my computer, but it wasn't...So expert debunkers begin debunking or maybe not???

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Looks like they may be inner solarsystem asteroids or NEOs (Near Earth Objects)... I found a website that shows the current view of the solar system, and there are two "asteroids" that appear beside the sun. They appear to be in the same spot as wrangell's image, considering the perspective.

So, ARE they asteroids? My source website shows near-earth objects, and seems to insinuate that they are asteroids, but they sure do appear to be planet-sized objects!

Wrangell's source image (edited by me):

This image is a current top-down view of the solar system.

Link to full image:

Link to Source:
szyzyg.arm.ac.uk...

As a side note, do you see all those red and yellow dots scattered everywhere?? Those represent objects/asteroids that pose a potential threat. Sure seems to be a lot of them!!

EDIT: Wait a sec, those images would be taken from SOHO right? So the image wrangell linked to may not be from the same perspective as Earth after all... trynig to figure out where SOHO is right now...

EDIT: Info about SOHO's halo orbit, and Lagrange points...
sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...
sci.esa.int...

EDIT: It's starting to look like SOHO maintains the L1 point, and therefore has about the same perspective on the Sun as Earth does most of the time. So my original logic should remain true. Can anyone corroborate this?

[edit on 9/17/2007 by damajikninja]

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by damajikninja

Wow, great research! I knew it had to be something. The fact that they are planet size is very interesting. Got my brain working now!

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Nice work!

Looks like a plausible theory.

If true though, those gotta be some BIG rocks!

I found some shots of Mercury and Venus in transit for comparison.

Mercury

Full Scale Source Link

Venus

through clouds

Full Scale Source Link

Source Page Link

Edit to add:

Nice find, wrangell76! Good eye!

[edit on 17-9-2007 by goosdawg]

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   
It looks like you have discovered a couple of new planets in our neck of the woods in space. Now all we have to do is name them.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by realanswers
It looks like you have discovered a couple of new planets in our neck of the woods in space. Now all we have to do is name them.

I'd like to nominate:

"wrangell76"

and

"damajikninja"

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Oh my! I might actually be famous! Ha ha! lol

Seriously, what could we name them?
any ideas?

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by goosdawg

I'd like to nominate:

"wrangell76"

and

"damajikninja"

Bwahaha! LOL!
That is fine to me!

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Ok so no laughing...I just sent an email to NASA...lol
Of course they say it takes 10-15 days to process...Our tax paying dollars hard at work!

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by wrangell76...I just sent an email to NASA...lol
Of course they say it takes 10-15 days to process...Our tax paying dollars hard at work!

You trust them that much? I sure don't, then again I am not supposed to say anything 'bad' about them...

Maybe, could be, and if are about to be used here, so keep that in mind...

Maybe they are solar power satellites that could be this side of the Sun if the teleportation tech is being actively used...

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matyas

Maybe, could be, and if are about to be used here, so keep that in mind...

Maybe they are solar power satellites that could be this side of the Sun if the teleportation tech is being actively used...

ummm...what teleportation?
...maybe I am out of the loop, but what exactly are you talking about? Also how could satellites be that close? wouldn't they fry? I mean seriously, I am no space expert, but being that close to the sun is extremely hot...Of course I don't know the exact distance of these objects to the sun, but it sure seems close...

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by wrangell76...maybe I am out of the loop, but what exactly are you talking about? Also how could satellites be that close? wouldn't they fry?

I just smoked a duck so I am back and forth with the PC...

I have an article I'll need to dig up, but what it amounts to is successful teleportation of bosons and fermions, or particles and energy. The buzz is it could be used (read here 'is being') to place solar power satellites close to the sun and teleport the energy to a station further away. Makes sense if you want significant power without the attendant problems of running a fusion reactor, just tap closer to the Sun.

And they have some cool ideas for telephotonic drives for starships too, light speed is the limit!

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by wrangell76

This is the article

This is my theory

We have hardware all over the solar system. The latest scoop from the Saturnine 'Contingency' is a tether ship possibly hundreds or even a thousand miles in length. Well, with a tensile strength of 77M psi, it would be relatively easy! I knew they were going to Jupiter, Saturn otoh really threw me!

There is also a network relay system of towers on 'airless' bodies across the solar system too. I suspect they are used for the classical communication component of the teleportation tech. Most of the ground lubbers here cannot get past the 'secret space station' material, meanwhile NASA engages in major operations all across the solar system. Lunar mining is old hat these days.

Yeah. These days. Great time to be alive!

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   
This is where the towers are discussed, originally I thought they were for mining but the big picture emerges as a communication network. There are more on the Moon, tall enough (in miles!) to penetrate outside its atmosphere, and on Phobos too.

I have a shiny penny we can find them on Mercury as well! None on Venus is obvious, so Mercury is a strong candidate.

Before you start calling me whacked (not that you will but I am used to it), please consider how much sense it makes to explore the solar system. Teletether ships need not expend any propellant or carry on board power sources, so it is eminently reasonable.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Probably not planets.... the ancients would have seen them if they were there, and we'd already know about them.

Easy way to check is to go back to old SOHO photos. If they're there and traveling around the sun every 20 or 40 days or so, then they're planets. If not, they're probably a NEO or some sort of space junk and could be way closer to SOHO than you think.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Matyas

While your theories, research, and posts are interesting, I fail to see how they have anything to do with the objects spotted near/around the Sun.

Your tether sources reference the STS-75 mission and its failures. The link to your theory has no apparent correlation to the objects/dots from the SOHO image. Similarly, your links to information about the non-local properties of quantum physics do not appear to relate to Wrangell76's original post material. You also mention towers and vehicles that NASA may or may not have scattered throughout our solar system, however, I still did not see any direct reference to the objects in the SOHO image.

Please explain how your posts and sources relate to the topic of this thread. Otherwise, I suggest you create a new thread to house your ideas or contribute to an existing thread that actually relates to what you have posted here.

Please excuse me if I seem stern or condescending. I am merely attempting to understand your seemingly off-topic contributions within this thread.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by wrangell76
Hi All,
I was checking out www.spaceweather.com today and they were talking about the Sun and Aurora Activity and so I clicked on the picture of the Sun they had. Well lo and behold there are a couple of objects to the left of the sun that I am curious about. Here is the link to the picture...

www.spaceweather.com...

They are the two black round objects on the left...At first I thought it was dust on my computer, but it wasn't...So expert debunkers begin debunking or maybe not???

Ok What I did was took the 17th image and the 21st image and cut and pasted them into photoshop. Layering one image over the other. If you flip between the images you can notice that there is a bit of movement. The original assessment that the objects are NEO's is probably correct.

The slight different between the two images , to me , indicate a orbital path.

That is my two cents on the subject. With the dollar the way that it is these days , *chuckle* might not even be worth that much

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I'd just like to point out that asteroids also have orbital paths. That fact does not make them planets.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Terapin

Correct, that's good to point out.

I think the missing variable that could give us the best insight to what we are seeing... is Distance.

[color=#80c0e0]If those are in fact orbital bodies, then knowing their distance from SOHO and/or the Sun would give us a great way to deduce an approximation of their diameters; either big like a planet, or smaller like a NEO and/or asteroid.

Anyone got any ideas? Counter-theories?

[edit on 9/23/2007 by damajikninja]

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matyas
The buzz is it could be used (read here 'is being') to place solar power satellites close to the sun and teleport the energy to a station further away. Makes sense if you want significant power without the attendant problems of running a fusion reactor, just tap closer to the Sun.

I think that's how Matyas began the digression into some very interesting subjects.

Maybe the photo could be construed as evidence of these "solar powered satellites."

Of course, I think he mentioned he was smoking a duck or something too, so, who knows?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join