It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Lear's Moon Pictures on ATS

page: 136
<< 133  134  135    137  138  139 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexanWay of the Peaceful Warrior

Oh I like that! Will have to add that to my Medieval alter ego's description

Now tell me what you think of that "rectangular boulder" Unfortunately since the craft landed there have been no more pictures so I think this will be the only one

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 01:46 AM
link   
If you look at that shadow of the "boulder", it looks more like that building in Sydney, Aus. it is shaped somewhat like a rectangle (or, series of rectangles) from above, and a large, sloped, "humpback" on the northern(?) side. Does that make sense?

If you look at the shadow, it looks like there is a series of parts to a building, with a large, hopper shaped building in the back, with a smaller entrance towards the front.

Yes, it could be a boulder, but the profile from above looks to rectangular.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
To ArMaP and all those who are bothered by "enhancements" of images in this thread... take a look at this set...

THIS IS HOW THE SPACE SCIENTISTS ENHANCE THE IMAGES SO THEY CAN BETTER SEE WHATS THERE...

In other words, it is PERFECTLY OKAY to use enhancement to bring out details...
I am only bothered by enhancements without the original image, enhancements that are not presented as enhancements and image alterations that do not enhance anything and are presented as enhancements.

And you do not have to shout.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 02:48 AM
link   
HI all.

I have been a lurker in this forum for quite some time now, I have been a fan of John Lear for a very long time.

I don't usually participate in forum discussions, but the EROS picture struck my eye and reminded me of this site below. And I want to know what you people think of this site below.

Here's the link
www.enterprisemission.com...

Sorry if this has been posted before, But I couldn't find any topics about this site yet on ATS.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 02:50 AM
link   
HI all.

I have been a lurker in this forum for quite some time now, I have been a fan of John Lear for a very long time.

I don't usually participate in forum discussions, but the EROS picture struck my eye and reminded me of this site below. And I want to know what you people think of this site.

Here's the link

Sorry if this has been posted before, But I couldn't find any topics about this site yet on ATS.

P.S Keep up the great work guys with these moon pics, I keep coming back each day to check up on any new developments.

Keep up the great work Mr Lear.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Chimaira,

Nice post to kick off with. I’m hooked.

It’s nudged me to look around a bit more for related stuff.

The picture will reveal itself to the world when all the dots are joined up - but people in the know keep trying to rub them out!

[edit on 4-5-2007 by smartie]

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

And you do not have to shout.

Okay

At least we are on the same page on that issue. I too tend not to consider enhanced images without the source file.

To me its better to be able to let others see for themselves, even if some do see nothing, other see what your are showing... I would rather have one person discover themselves what I see, then have a hundred believe it so because I said it was...

But enhancements and colorizations are definitely a valuable tool in any photo analysis

[edit on 5-5-2007 by zorgon]

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chimaira

I don't usually participate in forum discussions, but the EROS picture struck my eye and reminded me of this site below.

we have discussed the Eros image and other towers here...on page 15 I think...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And you can get the source details on the NEAR satellite image here...

INFORMATION AND SOURCE

And I want to know what you people think of this site. Here's the link

Interesting page... its mostly covered with sci fi pictures... then I see one old image of Ukert Crater enhanced to look like a perfect triangle..

This is Ukert Crater... Enterprise Mission

This is Ukert Crater ... Clementine Color high res...

Not so perfect on close inspection...

I have 12 heart shaped craters and one apple with leaves on Mars if you like shapes that shouldn't be natural

From Mars with Love

Another Tower on Another Moon Iapetus...

Sorry I do not yet have the original source of this image...

If you recall Iapetus is the one with the seam around the middle and the metallic look...

SOURCE AND INFO

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 04:26 AM
link   

If you recall Iapetus is the one with the seam around the middle and the metallic look...

I actually call that one the "Death Star". However, the "tower" that's viewed here could just as easily be a geyser of some kind captured on video, or even a picture artifact of some kind. While I doubt the artifact explanation, the geyser one seems quite appealing to me.

TheBorg

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Cross posted from another thread...

Image Collection: Panoramic
Mission: 15
Magazine: P
Revolution: 38
Latitude / Longitude: 19° S / 117.5° E
Lens Focal Length: 24 inch
Camera Altitude: 117 km
Sun Elevation: 27°
Stereo Pair: AS15-P-9630
Film Type: 3414
Film Width: 5 inch
Image Width: 45.24 inch
Image Height: 4.5 inch
Film Color: black & white
Index Map: www.lpi.usra.edu...
Feature(s): DELPORTE, SOUTHWEST OF
IZSAK, NORTH OF

Source:

www.lpi.usra.edu...

[edit on 6-5-2007 by braddman]

[edit on 6-5-2007 by braddman]

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by braddman
Cross posted from another thread...

Interesting... I will try to examine that one when I have a moment.. Any comments that went along with it of importance?

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 08:43 PM
link   
This is from that same Apollo 15 photo above. Must have been the first day on the cut and paste job for this guy. I wonder what they are hiding?

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear
This is from that same Apollo 15 photo above. Must have been the first day on the cut and paste job for this guy. I wonder what they are hiding?

Has anyone found any examples of pictures with features that are significantly different than in other pictures? For example, if the top of this mountain were different, or the mountain were missing altogether, the next time you saw the image?

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   
John, on the photo from Apollo 15 you are referring that this must of been this guys first day to cut and paste on the job. What they are hiding could be an entrance but what they are not hiding and it was probably a mistake is statues.

Look to the bottom right of this huge chunk of moon that was moved by cutting and pasting over the entrance. This is a very white area starting from right to left 1st statue is of what looks to be a Male Royalty figure looking right with the number 92 on the headdress, 2nd statue of a child in front of 1st statue looking right, 3rd female statue with what looks like the letter m as hair line looking left above to the left of the other 2 statues. Below to the bottom left the large letter S near the 3rd female statue is what I would call a Gerber baby statue.

This will be very difficult to see at first but if you will train your eyes the statues will come into view. I used high magnification to see the statues better. Rik Riley

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Has anyone found any examples of pictures with features that are significantly different than in other pictures? For example, if the top of this mountain were different, or the mountain were missing altogether, the next time you saw the image?

Yep. Most of the images from the Color Clementine series are different than any other images of the moon.

[edit on 7-5-2007 by undo]

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Herr Borg...

A while back I posted an Image of a flash recorded on the moon in 1953

I have some more data available now...

First though I found this and would like comments... and had posted it in the other thread on secret projects...

Anyone have any more information on this one? Its on CBS, a major network...

www.cbc.ca...

Any comments appreciated to track this one down

Okay to refresh here is the image in question...

Dr. Leon Stuart was an avid amateur astronomer and early one morning while tinkering with a new camera, he had built for his telescope, he accidentally snapped -what some consider the rarest photo of all- a bright flash on the Moon. This flare was presumably caused by a massive, white-hot fireball of vaporized rock gasing from the center of the Moon's face. This ball of light lasted approximately 8 seconds according to Dr. Stuart. The photograph (seen below) does indicate an event of some sort taking place on the Moon's rugged exterior.

LUNAR FLARE

Made by Dr. Leon Stuart, Nov. 15, 1953 at 01:00 UT. Lasted 8 to 10 sec. Also observed visually. Star images rather steady, no extraneous lights. Exposure: 1/2 sec. on E.K. 103aF3 plate. 8 inch f/8 reflector.

Position on Lunar surface is about 10 miles S.E. of Pallas. (-0.5; +.08).

This photo is perhaps the most famous LTP photo in existence

If his observation was correct, Dr. Leon Stuart would be the first and only human known in recorded history to have witnessed and documented the impact of an asteroid-sized body colliding with the Moon's ancient surface.

In 1956, Dr. Stuart published his photo and theory in The Strolling Astronomer (Vol.10, 42-43), an amateur astronomy newsletter. However, skeptical astronomers dismissed Dr. Stuart's data as inconclusive and his theory as wishful thinking. Their explanations ranged from a meteor (point meteor) burning up in Earth's atmosphere to light aberrations to film problems. Still, until his death in 1969, [Note: The year of death has sometimes been given as 1968, but to according to official U.S. government data, it was 1969] Dr. Stuart remained convinced that what he'd seen was something impacting upon the Moon.

Largely forgotten outside of astronomy circles, 'Stuart's Event', as it eventually became known, was regarded as no more than a curiosity, with little legitimacy.

That was in 1953...

Here is a closeup I found of the "Event"

Yet, after enduring 50 years of skepticism and ridicule, Stuart's theory may finally be proven true by two scientists who have rekindled an interest in this 1953 mystery...

Dr. Bonnie J. Buratti, the principle scientist at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, Calif. and Lane Johnson of Pomona College, Claremont, Calif., have been researching this most intriguing event and their findings include some very persuasive evidence which indicates that Stuart's photo was indeed real and is of immense historical value...

Initially, their efforts were unsuccessful as they examined images taken by the Lunar Orbiter spacecraft in 1967. But, upon searching the more detailed imagery from the Clementine spacecraft mission of 1994, they were able to locate and determine a highly likely candidate, a 0.93 mile (1.5 km) wide crater (seen in image below) with bluish tinged material surrounding the impact site...

In addition to the bluish hue and bright albedo, the crater's size matches what Buratti and Johnson estimate the energy produced by Stuart's flare, which they calculated to be about .5 megatons or 35 times more powerful than the bomb dropped on Hiroshima.

So Just WHAT WERE THEY BOMBING ON THE MOON in the fifties?

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Hey Zorgon that bright flash captured in the 50's pic is within close proxiemity of your triangle shaped crater on the clementine color 40xx images I believe. Also of note are the surrounding area larger craters with much glowing activity as well as some with what seems to be odd structures or very weird rock and landslide pillings in swirling or woven type display. And thanks for the Clemetine large image links. Yummy.

Heres an image from the closeup clementine that Im finding interesting as well.

[img][IMG]http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/7744/9901627e3949978ntw3.th.png[/IM G][/img]

[edit on 8-5-2007 by VType]

[edit on 8-5-2007 by VType]

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by VType
Hey Zorgon that bright flash captured in the 50's pic is within close proxiemity of your triangle shaped crater

REALLY??? I haven't had time to check where that was yet... Now THAT is interesting as Ukert Crater is right near Archology Row... Now I am going to have to double check those coordinates

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   

So Just WHAT WERE THEY BOMBING ON THE MOON in the fifties?
Why do you say that?

Just because they use Megatons as an energy unit does not mean it was a bomb, if they used Joules most people wouldn't have any idea of the type of energy involved.

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Zorgon, this is my observation of the bright 8 sec. flash on the Moon. If it was a volcanoe the the area in question would stay lighted for some length of time and would not be perfectly rounded it would be more of a jagged circle of intermittened light because of mantle runoff. I lean more toward a nuclear explosion because of it's almost perfect circumference of the brilliant flash of burning light.

My opinion it was not a direct hit from an asteroid. My line of thinking if it was an asteroid you would have seen a more dispersion of uneven light and not an almost perfect circle of intense light in other words the splat effect. Rik Riley

new topics

top topics

<< 133  134  135    137  138  139 >>

join