It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahmadinejad wants Bush debate

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 03:13 AM
link   

TEHRAN : Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on Sunday proposed holding a public debate with his US counterpart George W. Bush at the United Nations this month and a "global referendum" to decide who was right.

"Let's sit down and talk. But not behind closed doors. "

"I propose discussing international questions at the UN General Assembly in order to solve them," he added.

"We will propose our solutions to solve the world questions and they (the Americans) can propose their solutions. We will organise a global referendum and the people can vote," he said.

"The solution that wins the most votes will be applied."

www.channelnewsasia.com...

Is this man really the leader of a terrorist regime?

He's asking for talks, and then to have the public VOTE on them, too follow the results of that poll.

Isnt this so much better than bombing?

Saddam asked for talks, he asked directly for Bush to discuss the claims.
Bush activley refused such, and started bombing.
Well look at Iraq now...

are we really going to allow bush to REFUSE talks again, only to lead us to a much darker more violent place?

I always saw democracy as a majority vote rules.
Isnt the best way to spread democracy by using this majority way across the world?

GW and co FULLY understand that any such vote regarding Iraq, and Iran will play heavily AGAINST them, and if they bow to the gamble of a public vote, they will have to retreat from Iraq, and discuss nuclear aspects with IRan, or blatantly break the rules.

I have no doubt bush will refuse this request, because he's a coward, a crook and a (#*$(@#*$@

[edit on 17-9-2007 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Bush won't talk with him becuase he knows he would look foolish.

What evidence do you have Bush?

Dah,dah uh that evidence cannot be realeased because it's part of my.........
axis of evil.

Matter fact this chair isn't to comfy,it is now part of my.........axis of evil.

[edit on 17-9-2007 by Project_Silo]

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 03:40 AM
link   
ama-not-a-jihad (spell check hehe) has told bush a few times he would debate him,and everytime bush gives no real awnser to why he wont.

bush would be in a world of hurt if there were to be a live broadcast for the world to see,and thats not counting his lack of speech skills.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 03:51 AM
link   
would this debate with Ahmadinejad and Bush include Cheney aswell like that closed door meeting they had over...what was it again, Oh, I forgot, but they refused to give evidence by themselves.

Cheney pulls Bush's strings, we all know that.

The main point is, if Bush refuses to debate and actively promote democracy by leading by example, and backs out of this debate and starts a war with Iran, then does he not in that instance relegate the United States of America to the status of rogue nation?

I beleive it does, and this will also allow for other nations to lead by the US's example of a first strike policy to remove a rogue leader before he uses his weapons of mass destruction.

The coin has flipped to the other side.

The US is now the rogue nation and I would not be surprised if the SCO (Shanghai Co-Operative Organisation) feels it their moral duty to the world to remove this administration from power, to save the world from further conflict.

Disagree all you like and want, but America set the example and so it shall reep the seed that it has sowed upon the world!

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Melbourne_Militia
I beleive it does, and this will also allow for other nations to lead by the US's example of a first strike policy to remove a rogue leader before he uses his weapons of mass destruction.

The coin has flipped to the other side.

The US is now the rogue nation and I would not be surprised if the SCO (Shanghai Co-Operative Organisation) feels it their moral duty to the world to remove this administration from power, to save the world from further conflict.

Disagree all you like and want, but America set the example and so it shall reep the seed that it has sowed upon the world!

Sadly I agree and I see that coming.Iran will be the straw that breaks the camels back.Pun intended

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Bush will never debate Ahmadinejad because he knows he would lose. Bush cannot possibly justify an attack on Iran, and knows that he already looks foolish because of his blunders in Iraq, and the lies he has told about it and the reasons for invading it.

And besides, Ahmadinejad's English is better than Bush's...

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Melbourne_Militia

This feeling is broadly shared in Europe as well. Personally I think certain people within the US administration should stand trial in The Hague like certain African and Serbian warlords / military commanders charged with crimes against humanity.

I hope one day justice will victor.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I agree, Bush will never do this because he has no proof of anything. He wants the war with Iran and he will go to any lengths to make it so, including false flag attacks on America.

I trust ANY government leader more than Bush and his administration. They have proved over and over again that they are lying through their teeth.

And now the world will see another war because of this one regime, who's actions will kill millions of people around the globe when the third world war starts.

Bush is severely dangerous to the world. Does anyone doubt he would use a nuke against Iran? I dont.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 04:48 AM
link   
I remember Sadam proposing the same idea right before we went in and bombed Iraq. I think our excuse was that you cannot ration with a crazy man.. and Sadam is basically going to lie the whole time. I don't even think Bush could answer his questions because he knows nothing about World History, and knows nothing about what is going on right now.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I have seen Ahmadinejad talk on Television, and he can talk a hind leg off a donkey.

Bush, on the other hand, reportedly needed a earpiece voice in his debate with Kerry in 2005.

Imagine the viewing figures if the debate was broadcast live and unedited around the world.

Of course, it would never happen.

Far better to war, war, than jaw, jaw, as the NeoCons say.

And Bush would be made to look even more silly, if that is possible.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 07:19 AM
link   
bush minor vs Ahmadinejad? Talk about greenhouse gases. If it actually happened, so long polar ice caps.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 07:31 AM
link   
YOu are supporting the guy who is calling for the death of all JEws and infidels. Who stated that he did some math calculations and there is no way the US could beat him. He was directly involved with the kidnappings in the late 70's. He is educated, and he is well advised, and he is doing what he is told. Iran is holding a rose in one hand and #ting in the other, and sooner not later they will understand the error in their ways.

People think that Bush is stupid, yet at the same time think he masterminded 9/11. People think BUsh is stupid but he is a second term president which is a pretty heavy accomplishment. Cheney pulls no strings, but I am sure with a heavy hand offers advice and direction.

The only thing that is bieng debated now, I am sorry to say, is when the bombing campaign begins. Israel struck first this past week, and thee is little fanfair because of what they destroyed.

BUsh is protecting his country, and never once called for the eradication of a race as the Iranian president has. I would love to see this debate.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71

People think that Bush is stupid, yet at the same time think he masterminded 9/11. People think BUsh is stupid but he is a second term president which is a pretty heavy accomplishment. Cheney pulls no strings, but I am sure with a heavy hand offers advice and direction.

Wow, your serious to arent ya?
Cheney pulls no strings? only offers advice and direction?
We're talking about the same US administration eh?

BUsh is protecting his country, and never once called for the eradication of a race as the Iranian president has. I would love to see this debate.

If bush was protecting your country, 911 would of been stoped in its tracks, iraq would never of been ' dream't up'
and we wouldnt be, right now... seen as the 'rogue' culture.

You do know we invaded and occupied a foreign nation, based on lies...
yet your saying ahmajadine just sayng such horrible deeds, is worthy of being attacked?

We have NO RIGHT, in what ever cause nessecary to promote the idea of attacking a nation, that has in no way inflicted harm on ourselves.

Yet, it seems people like you esdad, believes that pre-emptive warfare is tangible.... So long as its YOUR country destroying the threats.
I mean the US is activley occupying nations, someones going to pre-emptivley hit them, to ensure they dont commit another crime.

You understand that, as terrorism!

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 08:25 AM
link   

YOu are supporting the guy who is calling for the death of all JEws and infidels.

Show me where he said that about the Jewish people.

Originally posted by esdad71 He was directly involved with the kidnappings in the late 70's.

Proof? Oh wait, do you mean that picture of an Iranian man leading an American hostage away?

Well this may surprise you, but not all Iranians look the same. They may look to you to be brown skinned and bearded and "look the same" but to people who have studied the picture, and know all Iranians do not look the same, it is not Ahmadinejad.

Originally posted by esdad71 He is educated, and he is well advised, and he is doing what he is told. Iran is holding a rose in one hand and #ting in the other, and sooner not later they will understand the error in their ways.

Iran is not doing what the US wants! The US must do something! Bomb Iran! That will sort it! That's the American way!

Do what America tells you!

American way or the cruise missile way!

Oh, how civillised. How predictable.

Originally posted by esdad71People think that Bush is stupid, yet at the same time think he masterminded 9/11. People think BUsh is stupid but he is a second term president which is a pretty heavy accomplishment. Cheney pulls no strings, but I am sure with a heavy hand offers advice and direction.

Bush, as someone said on another thread, is not bright, but is bright enough to know what he is doing. He has his friends, his cronies, his puppets and his puppet masters.

No, Bush just invaded Afghanistan and Iraq.

Who has Ahmadinejad invaded? Remind me.

Bush and Ahmadinejad.

One has the largest WMD stockpile in the world, has invaded two countries since 2001 for dubious means and is threatening a third, while arming another nation which laid waste to it's neighbour last year.

The other meanwhile, just rants.

I know who I find the bigger threat to world peace.

[edit on 17-9-2007 by Regensturm]

[edit on 17-9-2007 by Regensturm]

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Bush will not debate a man smarter then he is, because if he reaches a dead end in a conversation, he knows it would look very bad for him.
As for threatning the Jews:

I have no doubt that the new wave that has started in Palestine, and we witness it in the Islamic world too, will eliminate this disgraceful stain from the Islamic world. But we must be aware of tricks.

Ahmadinejad also claimed in the speech that the issue with Palestine would be over "the day that all refugees return to their homes [and] a democratic government elected by the people comes to power" [2], and denounced attempts to normalise relations with Israel, condemning all Muslim leaders who accept the existence of Israel as "acknowledging a surrender and defeat of the Islamic world."
WIKI

He never stated "Israel wiped off the map",

According to Cole, "Ahmadinejad did not say he was going to 'wipe Israel off the map' because no such idiom exists in Persian" and "He did say he hoped its regime, i.e., a Jewish-Zionist state occupying Jerusalem, would collapse."
WIKI

So therefore, he is saying he wanted the regime to collapse, not to wipe it off the map literally. Now if he would have said I am going to bomb Israel, or I am going to annhialate Israel, that would be a different story.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   
It's really more simple than that guys, Bush won't debate him because he can't pronounce the freakin' guy's name!

Peace

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   
All I read is cynicism and jealous rants. Not all Iranians look the same to me, I would not mistake a Hindu for a Muslim if that what you are getting at, but I will tell YOU one thing, we all look the same to them Infidels. Sorry you do not want to look at the big picture and jsut call Bush a joke. That is your choice.

Do you really want the nation of Iran, a known terror supporter since the late 70's, who I know we tried to bring democracy to but Islam won over again as through history, to possess nuclear weapons? That is why we stopped Hussien, because he would have USED them. Iran will USE them. As far as killinb jews, I have not the time for finding Ahmadinejad quotes , but they are there. If you act as if he never said it, then you are not fit for this conversation becuase you have not done the research.

Iran is warned. They give us, the UN and the IAEA the finger...multiple times...and go forward with creating weapons. Sorry, this cannot be allowed for the safe future of the world. I am not buying into an agenda, I live it. I enjoy my freedom in the US, and if it means sending cruise missles to annihilate a countries army and defense, I say so be it. Iran needs a smack. I feel empathy for their citizens who live in a country that would provoke such action, and they are going to learn that science is stronger than religion.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 10:17 PM
link   
This will be interesting

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

Have you ever considered the fact that they do not care much for our perception of society? Where are Saddam's weapons of mass destruction? Where is the evidence that he was building nukes? I know he was on trial for
the murder of 148 Shiite Muslims, and not for having nuclear weapons.

Former President of Iraq Saddam Hussein (April 28, 1937 – December 30, 2006) was executed by hanging after being convicted of crimes against humanity by the Iraqi Special Tribunal following his trial for the 1982 murder of 148 Iraqi Shi'ites in the town of Dujail in retaliation for an assassination attempt against him.
WIKI

Esdad, you must really understand that where Iraq is as a society and where the United States is. Giving democracy to a country that can not handle it will not work. That is like a grown person and technology, they used to work with calculators, and a lot of research through books. Out of the blue I come in and tell them "here, this is a computer, it makes life much easier". Do you think they will be able to learn to use it as good as we can?
As for Iran, Mr. Bush is going to bring down the name of your country.
If US attacks Iran then Russia and China will take Iran over us, and then people would come crying on here about the Bush admin.

Russia and Iran also share a common interest in limiting the political influence of the United States in Central Asia. This common interest has led the Shanghai Cooperation Organization to extend to Iran observer status in 2005, and offer full membership in 2006. Iran's relations with the organization, which is dominated by Russia and China, represents the most extensive diplomatic ties Iran has shared since the 1979 revolution.
Source

Not many people in the Middle East want the US influence in there, I should know because I lived in Iraq. Now it is a hell hole, and I hope you enjoy that freedom you have because many of your soldiers, many innocent civilians and militants died for it. Whereas it could have been prevented and just not invade Iraq.

[edit on 17-9-2007 by Equinox99]

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I think Bush would do it only if Iran stops it's nuclear enrichment program. I believe the whole problem with Iran is the nuclear issue. Why would this guy in Iran call for this debate at the U.N. knowing his actions on nuclear enrichment would prevent these debates in the first place? It's all talk and propaganda.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join