It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your top 5 UFO/Alien books.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Im interested to know others people top 5 UFO/alien related books, this will also give members a chance to discover new books to look out for. Here is mine:

1) Timothy Good - Above Top Secret: The Worldwide UFO Cover-up
2) Timothy Good - Beyond Top Secret: The Worldwide UFO Security Threat
3) Philip Corso - The Day After Roswell
4) Don Ledger - Dark Object
5) Kevin D. Randle - History of Ufo Crashes

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Jim Marrs - Alien Agenda!!!

that was the first book i owned about the subject, and it has to be on the list

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 04:41 AM
link   
I'd recommend these to folk who don't know where to start - Tony Dodd - Alien Investigator
Jacques Vallee - Dimensions
Timothy Good - Above Top Secret
Disclosure - Stephen Greer
Abduction - John Mackbut I must say I enjoyed reading -Flying Saucers and the Three Men - Bender?
UFOs Scottish Dimension - Ron Halliday
The Allagash Abductions - Ray Fowler
Alien Liason - Timothy Good
George Adamski; the untold story -Tim Good and Lou Zinsstag

- and all the other wee paperback UFO books from the 60s & 70s I found in a skip once. It was like treasure, lol.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Here You Go:

-The Gods of Eden
- Extra-Terrestrial Friends and Foes
- Alien Identies, Ancient Insights
- Extra-Terrestrials Among Us

Feast your brains on that.

[edit on 14-9-2007 by LooseLipsSinkShips]

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Chariots of the Gods (can't think of the author off the top of my head, funny european name)

Anything by Whitley Strieber: Communion, Communion Letters, Breakthrough etc.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Above Black by Dan Sherman

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 09:37 AM
link   
"UFOs & The National Security State"-Richard M. Dolan

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 09:48 AM
link   
One of the best ones that I have come across is UFOs and the Bible

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Some on my list may have already been mentioned, but are worth repeating...

Gods of Eden- Bramley
The Greatest Deception- Cooke
Unconventional Flying Objects- Hill
The Earth Chronicles- Sitchin (several books in this series...)
Extraterrestrial Archaeology- Childress

Enjoy!!

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   
in no particular order:

Jim Marrs ~ Alien Agenda
Timothy Good ~ Abovetopsecret The Worldwide UFO coverup
John Mack ~ Abduction
Paul R. Hill ~ Unconventional Flying Objects
Erich von Daniken ~ Chariots of the Gods

I will edit there is another by a professor in pennsylvania

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Well,I just recently started purchasing books on the subject.I'll post the four that I own.

1.Alien Agenda - Jim Marrs - Excellent overview of the UFO phenomenon.Great starting point for anyone looking to get a complete look at the big picture.I'm on the final two chapters of this one,and so far it has been very enlightening.

2.The Day After Roswell - Philip J Corso - This is one that gets mentioned here a lot,so when I saw a cheap paperback copy I had to grab it.So far i've only just read a chapter or two,but this one is next on my list.

3.Behold a Pale Horse - William Cooper - I know a lot of people frown on Cooper and this book in general.Some would say it's a complete work of fiction.I think I've gotten about three chapters in,and I have to say,true or not,it is very intriguing.I don't care what anyone says,Cooper is one of,if not the most interesting personality in conspiracy lore.

4.The 12th Planet - Zechariah Sitchin - Another one people have mixed opinions on.I found that the mix of archaeology,mythology,and UFO lore was very thought provoking.The ancient astronaut theory always makes for good reading.

Sorry I don't own five,but hopefully that'll give a little added insight into the books I DO own.Also thanks to this topic perhaps i can add a couple more to my list.

Doc

[edit on 9/14/2007 by DocGonzo]

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Communion- Whitley Striber
Behold A Pale Horse - Bill Cooper
Nothing in This Book is True, But It's Exactly How Things Are - Bob Frissell

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
All the ones mentioned so far:
besides, i'd like to add this one:

A meticulous synthesis of history, science, and Ufology, "Heavenly Lights" establishes that the famed Fátima Incident of 1917 did not involve "Marian apparitions" - as is conventionally believed - but a series of close encounters with alien beings. The first history of the Fátima incident to be written by Portuguese historians based on the original documents of the case held in secrecy by the Catholic Church since the time of the apparitions, "Heavenly Lights" subjects all of the pertinent facts of the Fátima case to a sweeping evidentiary analysis that is at once thorough and fascinating. When it was fi rst published in Portugal in 1995, the Jornal de Notícias heralded this work as "a literary success without precedent."

Source: www.anomalistbooks.com...

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Invisible Residents: The Reality of Underwater UFOs

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Anything by Timothy Good is good. Ailen Liason blew my mind away though i have been interested in UFOS since a very early age. Maybe one day i will explain that. Anyhow if what Tim Good says is true then hell what an interesting ride we are all in for!!

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Ps David Icke. Not too sure about him. Either he is deluded, or out to make a fast buck...never have forgotten that Son of God interview on the Terry Wogan show and the purple shellsuit......

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Day after roswell is a must read
i only manage to go half way before i had to return it to my local library... i wonder if that was all true ????

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Has anyone read the oz files by bill chalker? One book i would like to read is you can't tell the people by georgina bruni.

top topics

join