It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin Dissolves Government

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
No not yet, but will he if he ever needs to if required to further his own agenda.
I respect the faith you have in people; me, i'm far too cynical and suspicious.

What own agenda?

He has REFUSED to stand in the next election. He doesn't not want to seek a third term and has refused to alter the Constitution to allow himself too.

There is not a conspiracy here.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Wow!, when I saw the, I thought of doomsday, armageddon, ends of days, apocalypse, last book of the bible, the hole nine yards.

Phew, thanks infinite for the informative post, I think I need a vacation from ATS or something.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I, too, have read that Putin isn't going to serve another term after this, in accordance with the Russian Constitution. He felt that it was better to support the Constitution and not change it, than for him to run again.

With an approval rating that is over 80%, Putin could easily have run again and won, but he was more interested in solidifying the Russian Constitution. He seems to be sincerely interested in the welfare of Russia.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Future Flow thanks for the thread and article, I was surfing last night when I too came across this disturbing piece, I passed on reading it at the time but later was wondering if it meant that Putin is moving closer to unifying with the NWO. Glad to know that it is common practice in other countries...Whew, one less thing to stress and worry over

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   
The current Prime Minister "resigns" to give Putin the most flexibility during the transition coming up as new elections are due soon. The only POSSIBLE conspriacy here is if the current prime minister didn't REALLY resign, but was pushed into it.
However, Putin immediately names a new Prime Minister, a guy that he knew back in the good ole KGB days from St. Petersburg...this new guy is, get this: the current head of Russia's anti-corruption and anti-money laundering dept.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 09:37 AM
link   
CNN just said the Presedential election isn't till March, and the Parliamentary election is in December. Yes nothing to worry about here.

:starts building bomb shelter: crap I forgot, I can't build a bomb shelter cause 6 feet down is water. God I hate florida.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 09:37 AM
link   
CNN just said the Presedential election isn't till March, and the Parliamentary election is in December. Yes nothing to worry about here.

:starts building bomb shelter: crap I forgot, I can't build a bomb shelter cause 6 feet down is water. God I hate florida.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by MarkusMaximus

A.while back I watched on TV a documentary about Russia , they where talking about how corruption and money laundering is a way of life over there and that the government inability or lack of effort to stop it was hindering the country of creating a solid economy.

Now if this guy that is the head of the anti-corruption department is going to be PM, I wonder if they are going to take serious steps to crack down on it.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bunch
reply to post by MarkusMaximus

A.while back I watched on TV a documentary about Russia , they where talking about how corruption and money laundering is a way of life over there and that the government inability or lack of effort to stop it was hindering the country of creating a solid economy.

Now if this guy that is the head of the anti-corruption department is going to be PM, I wonder if they are going to take serious steps to crack down on it.

Well, it seems that Putin, lately anyway, has been taking extraordinary steps to position Russia back onto the world platform in regards to influence.

Whether it's sabre rattling with resumed Cold War-era bomber runs, this new "vacuum bomb," or meeting with Iranian/Syrian/Chinese leaders, he's definitely getting ready for something.

But back to your statement, yes, I'm sure he knows that they've GOT to fix corruption if they want to increase their influence in the world.

I think Putin, particularly with the dissolution of the Russian government today, is getting ready for a potential regional conflict. I believe he thinks that a US-led assault on Iran is imminent and is preparing.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 11:28 PM
link   
This is in fact is common procedure for the president in the yet undeveloped Russian democracy to shuffle various government officials around before the elections. Yeltsin has done it prior to resigning in 1999 - which is exactly how Putin came to power. Actually Yeltsin has shuffled the PM positions quite a few times before stopping with Putin. Putin seems to know who he whats ahead of time, unlike Yeltsin - which is why I think Zubkov will remain in the PM position.

What is more newsworthy and interesting about these news is not the fact that Putin has done this, but the person he chose as the PM. Most people in Russia were anticipating this, but few anticipated that Zubkov would be chosen. Many have considered Ivanov or Medvedev (who are at the forefront of current Russian inner-politics) to be the prime candidates for the post and for Putin's support in the upcoming elections. Zubkov however is a relatively unknown character in politics. This could be both a plus and a minus for his possible candidacy for President.

But as I see it, I prefer him to both Ivanov and Medvedev, although his rhetoric and agenda are anyone's guess at this point. As far as the West and the pro-Democracy hippies are concerned anyone is better than Ivanov. Of course I could be wrong, and Zubkov might not even run for President - he is rather old.

And how come any news involving Russia and Putin instill intense phobia and paranoia into everyone on these forums? Is ANTI-PUTIN the new trend of 2007, or is everyone still too busy searching for cliche evil leaders in light of failure of the War on Terror? Serious what is up with all the people yelling "Its the end of the world - Russia is rising - Putin is doing something that I have no clue about but it is still very evil because I am preconditioned to thinks so by the generation which failed to move on from the Cold War"? Why not look at it objectively and find out more about the background of the events, and not draw random conclusions from the gut.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by maloy

i dont recall coming to any conclusions.....in fact after being informed that this was quite normal i have no more worries....but if i had decided to spew this was the end of the world then so what....its MY opinion not yours so its not yours or anyone else's to chage that.

as of now thanks to the info posted here in this thread im more informed....so it appears posting the article and stateing my opinion help me to become more infored...if i had not and been left to my ow devices...the maybe i would have jumped to conclusions...

juss my opinion though
peace

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarkusMaximus
Well, it seems that Putin, lately anyway, has been taking extraordinary steps to position Russia back onto the world platform in regards to influence.

What extraordinary steps? It is very simple - Cold War ended, US continued to increase its influence and power presence around the world, which Russia could not afford to even remain at its previous level and had to scale back. Now that the post-privatization economic bust is over and Russian economy is on the rise, Russia can afford to resume certain military and political tactics on the world stage. It is still far behind not even the US, but such countries as Britain and France. Yet it is being hounded as if it was preparing for a WW3 and massing its ground troops in everyone's backyard.

Whether it's sabre rattling with resumed Cold War-era bomber runs, this new "vacuum bomb," or meeting with Iranian/Syrian/Chinese leaders, he's definitely getting ready for something.

Iran has something to get ready for, as does the US seemingly. Russia doesn't, as it will never get itself directly involved in that conflict. It is simply a "mediator" with obvious interests contradictory to that of the US.

I think Putin, particularly with the dissolution of the Russian government today, is getting ready for a potential regional conflict. I believe he thinks that a US-led assault on Iran is imminent and is preparing.

Why does Russia care about Iran? It does not border Iran. It has no allies in Iran. It has little trade with Iran, no cultural ties, and no need for Iranian oil. Russia simply benefits from making US's life a little bit more difficult, and the dealings it has with Iran derive from that. Obviously Russia does not want the US to increase its military presence in the Near East. But the largest extent it will go to concerning Iran, would be providing arms.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by future flow
i dont recall coming to any conclusions.....in fact after being informed that this was quite normal i have no more worries....but if i had decided to spew this was the end of the world then so what....its MY opinion not yours so its not yours or anyone else's to chage that.

I was not referring to you or anyone in particular. I am simply pointing out a general bias when it comes to news of this sort. Some of these news simply fuel people's fears, and instead of digging further into it like you have, they use it to justify their theories of the world coming to an end.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by maloy

ahh point well taken my friend lol
your cool with me
...and i agree i was a bit freaked when fox began reporting this lol....sensationalism strikes again

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 06:25 AM
link   
don't mean to bring up old news and revive a dead thread buy it seem as though(according to fox and friends this morning) that Putin is making moves and consolidating power.....now I'm not gone get all hype like when this thread started but..according to some army general they had on Putin is making power plays consolidating power and doing things he shouldn't be involved with after his(step down) or whatever you want to call it...future more this guy goes on to say something a few have already said here on Ats..its a new cold war brewing and rite now its already a "cool" war.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join