It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin Dissolves Government

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Well, i think its suspicious.

Why not, everything else is.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Stop talking to me as if i'm some sort of idiot.

Yes, as stated before, i've read your previous posts, can't YOU read?

I fully understand the legal requirements and protocols, I don't see it stated anywhere that it will happen 3 months prior to elections and that IMO, this is suspicious in the light of current events.

I am getting sick of the condescending attitude displayed by some people just because different opinions or views are expressed.
It's representative of a closed mind; quite the opposite to what one would expect to see here on ATS.

future flow, I admire your attitude, Respect.

[edit on 12-9-2007 by Freeborn]

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

well thank you free born
i try and keep a cool head....were i come from theres more then a few who dont share my worries.. it doesnt offend me anymore.

but the fact still remains this may be"regular" or may not either way not to be brushed aside....

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
Stop talking to me as if i'm some sort of idiot.

Yes, as stated before, i've read your previous posts, can't YOU read?

I can read thank you, but when you ignore what I've said, I have to ask questions.

I fully understand the legal requirements and protocols, I don't see it stated anywhere that it will happen 3 months prior to elections and that IMO, this is suspicious in the light of current events.

Well, I was only pointing out what the experts have been saying on CNN. Its nothing odd. Putin has time to select the people he wants for the government and select the right candidate as the next President of Russia.

But I fail to see what is suspicious about the Prime Minister asking the President to dissolve the government, also under the Russian Constitution, if the Prime Minister wants to resign, the whole government has to resign too.

Nothing suspicious.

Plus, the government is staying in place until a replacement is confirmed. Why ignore that key fact?

Surely that rules out any suspicious factors if the government cannot be removed until another is created.

It's representative of a closed mind; quite the opposite to what one would expect to see here on ATS.

I take offensive to that comment.

I do not have a "close mind" just because I don't jump to conclusions before investigating the background to the story. As you can see, I've read the Russian Constitution to understand the situation.

After being on ATS for four years, it's something I learned over time. Research before making claims.

[edit on 12-9-2007 by infinite]

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 07:23 AM
link   

i dont recall anybody making any claims beside that its suspicious?and thats more of an opinion then a claim wouldnt you think?in any regards its nice that you did the reaseach but i dont think you get that the person you are accusing of not reading has read your post and is also aware of the russian constitution...and is still suspicious to that person...dont hate on that lol
its all good

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 07:27 AM
link   
So will this affect his trip to Iran?

(Sorry for the one liner!!) - Oh!...now it's two....there you go!

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Freeborn, chill dude

As Infinite and others have pointed out, this is very much normal practice in many countries...

For example, in Australia...The Prime Minister wants to call an election...He visits the Governor General, asks him to dissolve parliament and install the current government in a caretaker role, the PM names his election date, and away he goes...

The election campaign beings and so on...

There isnt a lot of difference here...The Russian PM has asked for parliament to be dissolved...And the Russian President gets to call who is in the new cabinet...An after that, given Putin has serve his time, a new President is elected...

Pretty simply really and not a lot of conspiracy involved...

Move along people, nothing to see here....

EDIT - for some typos

[edit on 12-9-2007 by Rilence]

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Infinite,

Thank you for your repeated efforts to explain this is normal protocol.

I'm the queen of conspiracies, and i completely understand.

As Infinite said, its not suspect.

And please respect Infinite- He is a fine moderator and is just trying to bring some sense to the board.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Thanks for injecting some common sense here, DG...You have an uncanny knack of doing it just at the right time

Peace

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Infinite,

Thank you for your repeated efforts to explain this is normal protocol.

I'm the queen of conspiracies, and i completely understand.

As Infinite said, its not suspect.

And please respect Infinite- He is a fine moderator and is just trying to bring some sense to the board.

I'm an FSME, not a mod

but thank you for the fine words dgtempe

It's being reported that Putin is holding a meeting now with the out going government to plan and find new replacements for the next administration.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Infinite,
I understand it's normal procedure in parliamentary democracies.
My suspicions, not claims, arise from it being 3 months prior to the elections, this seems quite a long time.
Also, in light of recent Russian posturing and Putin's less than democratic stlyle of leadership, I find it possible, not definate just possible, that Putin may use the time to further his own personal agenda and may lead to further repressive actions.

I am not claiming that this will happen, merely that it's a possibilty.

Just because someone has a difference of opinion or see's thing's from a different perspective or interprates something differently does not mean that they are stupid or ignorant.
If I have caused any offence I apologise, but it was merely in response to what I perceived to be a condescending attitude being shown to me, and others, merely because we have a different opinion.
Please note that I also read every post on any thread that I post on.

It is possible to discuss, debate and differ without being condescending, it is downright disrespectful and ignorant.
Insults? I can trade them with the best of them if I feel like it, but I have a thick skin and broad shoulders.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 07:56 AM
link   

that Putin may use the time to further his own personal agenda and may lead to further repressive actions.

This is what I have been trying to point out here. (I wasn't being insulting)

He cannot not.

Firstly, the Prime Minister asked to resign, Putin didn't sack him.

Secondly, the government stays in place untils the replacements have been found

and

finally, the Russian parliament has to accept the appointments. Much like the system in the United States.

When a political party wins a general election in the United Kingdom, there is long period before it takes office. It's kinda the same format in Russia.

See, thats why there is nothing odd here.

We expect him to appoint ex-KGB members anyways

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Putin names next prime minister

Russian President Vladimir Putin has accepted the resignation of PM Mikhail Fradkov and nominated a financial crime investigator to replace him.

Victor Zubkov, head of the federal financial monitoring service, is a relative unknown in Russian politics.

The lower house of the Russian parliament, the Duma, is set to vote on Mr Zubkov's nomination on Friday.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

news.bbc.co.uk...

See, the replacements are being named.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Don't you think that it's possible Putin may try to act outside of the current Russian constitution or re-write it in the absence of parliament.
I understand fully how it works here in the UK, but we can hardly compare UK politics with Russian politics.

Hey, can't help being suspicious, I'm going to Moscow in 5 weeks time to watch the Euro qualifier and i've heard some hair raising stories

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Missed your last post, that does seem somewhat re-assuring.

Still not convinced though! (Just to avoid one liner)

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Don't you think that it's possible Putin may try to act outside of the current Russian constitution or re-write it in the absence of parliament.

No, impossible.
He hasn't sacked parliament and he has just appointed a new Prime Minister.

Many fail to forget he has gone on record to say he will not alter the Russian Constitution.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 08:16 AM
link   

History is littered with lies and liars.

I guess we'll have to wait and see.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 08:18 AM
link   

History is littered with lies and liars.

I guess we'll have to wait and see.

he's had a majority since 2004 that has given him the power, if he wants, to alter Russian Constitution and he hasn't.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 08:18 AM
link   

?

If the Russian system is anything like ours here in the U.S.,
then the 3 month lead-in is not really startling...

the outgoing legislature needs time to find new positions with private
companies or the Russian equivelents to the Political-Action-Committees
(PAC).... everyone is jockying for their career survival or advancement.

over here we call the outgoing encumbants "lame ducks' and they are
concentrating their thoughts on securing a position after their term...
whch might consume an entire year, rather than the 3 month window
the Russians get when dissolving their sitting parliment or Kremlin.

think about it, they are all elites, each one has exercised some sort of power & expertise to be in a national legislative body...
if there was a purge or coup or a power grab taking place, there would be a lot more tenacity & confrontation going on...rather than a peaceful resignation procedure

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 08:24 AM
link   

No not yet, but will he if he ever needs to if required to further his own agenda.
I respect the faith you have in people; me, i'm far too cynical and suspicious.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join